Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTS]TY Hi-Z 32 Earbuds, Monk Plus Alternative! Earphones

zekehanlee
post Apr 20 2017, 09:41 PM

14 posts

Received the TY Hi-Z 32s and here are my impressions (many thanks to seller for fast delivery and patiently answering all my questions smile.gif )

These sound amazing.. Warm, mild V-shaped sound which emphasises sub bass and high frequencies. This is the first earbud I have ever heard to have sub bass. Low end is amazing and almost unbelievable, I kept asking myself, "How is there so much sub bass coming out from this?". Earbuds are known to have very ear piercing sharp sound with no low end.. not this one. There is actual decent rumble in the sub bass and have mid bass impact that can satisfy (if not really impress you) bassheads. Listened to dubstep, trap, house, DnB, electronic, Rap & Hip hop with no problems. Movies/TV shows are a joy to listen with these.

Mids are slightly pushed back, but the upper mid(lower treble) frequencies are pushed a bit forward, making vocals very clear and detailed. Listening to speech or rap, words are articulate, so is for TV shows where vocals are usually recorded soft. Acoustic/live instruments lose some clarity but only a little. Not the best for rock, metal, or classical.

Highs are crisp and clear. These are not for treble/detail heads, its more "enjoying" the music instead of "analysing" it. Again, the warm and mild V shape makes the highs have little sibilance, but once a while some tracks with a lot of treble can sound a tad 'hot' or in your face.. making it a tiny bit piercing.

Sound stage is wide with above average depth. Clarity and resolution is great for the price, in fact, better than many branded on ear/supra-aural headphones. Binaural audio sounds lifelike with good left/right separation. You can definitely game in these. Isolation isn't great however, more external noises leak in than music coming out, so don't use these when on the bus, lrt or plane. No need to amp. Plugged straight into my Iphone and Macbook cranking not even past 50% volume and its loud enough. Can scale up with higher end equipment. A good clean DAC will definitely make them sound even better.

I've forgotten how easy and simple earbuds are. I find it a pleasure to finally be able to listen to great sound, without having to jam things deep into my ear or having to feel the clamp of a headphone band wrap around my head. You can use them for sleeping too, ready to safely fall off anytime, instead of fearing your expensive IEM to break and leave a chunk inside your ear the next morning!! At work, if I need to pick up a phone call or talk to my colleagues, not only can I hear them calling me out, its just a simple matter of popping on and off them earbuds one handed operation. You can even use these for workouts/sports and if you trash them, just buy 10 more and you're done.

TLDR; Get these. These sound like headphones. These sound better than headphones. These sound better than many headphones you will find in chain stores like Harvey Norman or Best Denki. These sound like/better than the Beats Solo 2; clearer sounding, less muddy with tighter bass, and more importantly, cheaper. If these are only entry level, I have high hopes for their more expensive earbuds, maybe being able to produce sound that rivals RM1000-3000 priced headphones.

The TY-HiZ 32s has restored my faith in earbuds. At RM35? No brainer. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by zekehanlee: Apr 20 2017, 10:26 PM
mm004
post Apr 20 2017, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(zekehanlee @ Apr 20 2017, 09:41 PM)
Received the TY Hi-Z 32s and here are my impressions (many thanks to seller for fast delivery and patiently answering all my questions  smile.gif )

These sound amazing.. Warm, mild V-shaped sound which emphasises sub bass and high frequencies. This is the first earbud I have ever heard to have sub bass. Low end is amazing and almost unbelievable, I kept asking myself, "How is there so much sub bass coming out from this?". Earbuds are known to have very ear piercing sharp sound with no low end.. not this one. There is actual decent rumble in the sub bass and have mid bass impact that can satisfy (if not really impress you) bassheads. Listened to dubstep, trap, house, DnB, electronic, Rap & Hip hop with no problems. Movies/TV shows are a joy to listen with these.

Mids are slightly pushed back, but the upper mid(lower treble) frequencies are pushed a bit forward, making vocals very clear and detailed. Listening to speech or rap, words are articulate, so is for TV shows where vocals are usually recorded soft. Acoustic/live instruments lose some clarity but only a little. Not the best for rock, metal, or classical.

Highs are crisp and clear. These are not for treble/detail heads, its more "enjoying" the music instead of "analysing" it. Again, the warm and mild V shape makes the highs have little sibilance, but once a while some tracks with a lot of treble can sound a tad 'hot' or in your face.. making it a tiny bit piercing.

Sound stage is wide with above average depth. Clarity and resolution is great for the price, in fact, better than many branded on ear/supra-aural headphones. Binaural audio sounds lifelike with good left/right separation. You can definitely game in these. Isolation isn't great however, more external noises leak in than music coming out, so don't use these when on the bus, lrt or plane. No need to amp. Plugged straight into my Iphone and Macbook cranking not even past 50% volume and its loud enough. Can scale up with higher end equipment. A good clean DAC will definitely make them sound even better.

I've forgotten how easy and simple earbuds are. I find it a pleasure to finally be able to listen to great sound, without having to jam things deep into my ear or having to feel the clamp of a headphone band wrap around my head. You can use them for sleeping too, ready to safely fall off anytime, instead of fearing your expensive IEM to break and leave a chunk inside your ear the next morning!! At work, if I need to pick up a phone call or talk to my colleagues, not only can I hear them calling me out, its just a simple matter of popping on and off them earbuds one handed operation. You can even use these for workouts/sports and if you trash them, just buy 10 more and you're done.

TLDR; Get these. These sound like headphones. These sound better than headphones. These sound better than many headphones you will find in chain stores like Harvey Norman or Best Denki. These sound like/better than the Beats Solo 2; clearer sounding, less muddy with tighter bass, and more importantly, cheaper. If these are only entry level, I have high hopes for their more expensive earbuds, maybe being able to produce sound that rivals RM1000-3000 priced headphones.

The TY-HiZ 32s has restored my faith in earbuds. At RM35? No brainer. thumbup.gif
Thanks for your thorough review! thumbup.gif
Fman
post Apr 29 2017, 04:18 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

pm me TY Hi-Z HP32S with postage . tq smile.gif
mm004
post Apr 29 2017, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(Fman @ Apr 29 2017, 04:18 PM)
pm me TY Hi-Z HP32S with postage . tq smile.gif
PM sent. smile.gif
Fman
post May 8 2017, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

received my ty hi-z 32s today . thanks ts! biggrin.gif

user posted image

they were pretty dope! , sub bass is good compared to ve monk+

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

mm004
post May 8 2017, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(Fman @ May 8 2017, 03:17 PM)
received my ty hi-z 32s today . thanks ts! biggrin.gif

user posted image

they were pretty dope! , sub bass is good compared to ve monk+

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thanks! pretty pictures.
JnkTfk
post May 12 2017, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Hi do you do COD ? 150ohm version got stock ? Different signature to 32s ?
dhexxter
post Jun 1 2017, 07:08 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

Park
Homura15
post Jun 4 2017, 07:02 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Hi bro,

PM if TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds got stock.

Do you COD in bangsar?
xshane
post Jun 30 2017, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

Got my Hi-Z HP 150 from seller 2 days ago.
Would highly recommend this seller
mm004
post Jun 30 2017, 12:48 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(xshane @ Jun 30 2017, 12:02 PM)
Got my Hi-Z HP 150 from seller 2 days ago.
Would highly recommend this seller
Thank you!😁
RayManZ
post Jul 12 2017, 08:06 PM

6 posts

received my 314p 1day after payment, super quick service! They sound great on my galaxy note5 right after opening the box without burn in. can't wait to test them out on my DAC!
mm004
post Jul 12 2017, 08:35 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(RayManZ @ Jul 12 2017, 08:06 PM)
received my 314p 1day after payment, super quick service! They sound great on my galaxy note5 right after opening the box without burn in. can't wait to test them out on my DAC!
Thanks!
xxhunter
post Aug 6 2017, 08:21 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

Hi, i want to buy the TY Hi-Z HP 150 HiFi Earbuds, please pm me details for payment
redphalanx12
post Aug 26 2017, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

pm TY Hi-Z 314P including postage to pahang..thanks
SUSzamorin
post Sep 25 2017, 02:08 PM

Resident Carouser
6,775 posts

any big difference between TY Hi-Z 314P and TY Hi-z32s? anyone compared the both? I liked monk+ initially but 32s sounds way better now, esp its clearer highs.

mm004,

TY changed its name to Seahf now?

This post has been edited by zamorin: Sep 25 2017, 02:11 PM
mm004
post Sep 25 2017, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(zamorin @ Sep 25 2017, 02:08 PM)
any big difference between TY Hi-Z 314P  and TY Hi-z32s? anyone compared the both?  I liked monk+ initially but 32s sounds way better now, esp its clearer highs.

mm004,

TY changed its name to Seahf now?
I was told by TY HI-Z maker that TY Hi-z is not making 314P under its brand name anymore.
But I was told by other China seller that U can still get 314p under the "Seahf" brand name. "Seahf" & "TY Hi-z" R like brothers. They R from the same designer.

SUSzamorin
post Sep 25 2017, 02:51 PM

Resident Carouser
6,775 posts

hey thx
Lespectraal
post Jul 19 2018, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
106 posts

Cod where?
Lespectraal
post Jul 26 2018, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

Just got the earbuds yesterday. Very good service from TC and will absolutely buy from them again!

The earbuds sound spectacular. Voices sound clear and rich, bass is very good for an earbud, everything else is competent and coherent enough to deliver a worthwhile experience. I thought this earbud would only be for podcasts and also act as a backup, but I was wrong. This is a good earbud that stands well on its own.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 AM