Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fatal Accident Involving 2 Riders, My deepest condolences to the families

views

TSqebalt
post Feb 22 2007, 09:49 PM, updated 18y ago

Getting Started
155 posts

From NST today

IPOH: A decision to help a biker friend involved in an accident in Thailand proved fatal for two friends from Singapore.

They were killed in an accident near here at 9pm on Tuesday.

Police said their 1,300cc motorcycle grazed a car near the Simpang Pulai rest area along the North-South Expressway. They fell on the road and were run over by another vehicle.

They were identified as childhood friends Muhammad Ridzuan Hussein, 25, and Roslan Rahim, 24, from Tampines, Singapore.

Police have classified the case as hit-and-run as the car which mowed them down did not stop.

Ridzuan's father, Hussein Supaat, a policeman, claimed the body at the Ipoh Hospital yesterday afternoon. Roslan's brother, Yacob Rahim, claimed his remains.

Ridzuan and Roslan left Singapore at 5am on Tuesday on hearing that their friend, involved in a motorcycle accident in Thailand, needed their help.

The three were part of a group of bikers which traversed Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

Ridzuan's mother, housewife Salmah Abu Bakar, 50, said her son had returned to Singapore on Monday from a weekend trip to Genting Highlands with his younger brother, Muhammad Rahmat, 22.

"I was surprised that he decided to make another trip north and was worried. He had earlier told us he would sponsor our umrah this year.

"Ridzuan and Roslan were always together," she said.

Ipoh district traffic chief Assistant Superintendent Razali Bakar said after a car ran over the two on the road, another car rammed into their motorcycle and the driver alerted the police about the accident.

Dalam METRO

Lelaki Singapura mahu hantar ibu bapa tunai haji maut nahas

IPOH: "Saya tidak menyangka niat Allahyarham untuk menghantar kami berdua mengerjakan haji kesampaian apabila dia terbunuh selepas motosikal ditungganginya terbabit kemalangan kelmarin," kata seorang ibu warga Singapura, Salmah Abu Bakar, 50.

Ibu kepada Mohd Ridzuan Hussein, 25, itu berkata, anak lelakinya itu sebelum ini sering menyuarakan hasrat untuk menghantar dia dan suaminya, Hussein Supaat, 50-an ke Makkah pada musim haji kali ini.

Katanya, anaknya itu sering memberi galakan kepada mereka berdua untuk berbuat demikian serta menyatakan kesediaan untuk membantu termasuk dari segi kewangan.

Bagaimanapun, katanya, niat Mohd Ridzuan untuk berbuat demikian tidak kesampaian selepas terbunuh bersama seorang rakan, Roslan Rahim, 24, yang membonceng motosikal berkenaan.

Dalam kemalangan kira-kira jam 9 malam di Kilometer 289.6 di Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan dekat Simpang Pulai itu, kedua-dua mangsa terbabit dalam perjalanan ke Thailand untuk membantu seorang rakan yang mengalami kecederaan akibat kemalangan motosikal di negara itu.

Difahamkan, rakan senegara yang cedera termasuk patah tangan itu ialah rakan baik kepada kedua-dua mangsa yang berasal dari Tampines, Singapura dan berada di negara berkenaan bersama sekumpulan penunggang motosikal lain untuk bercuti sempena Tahun Baru Cina.

Salmah berkata, pada hari kejadian, Mohd Ridzuan dan adiknya, Muhammad Rahmat, 22, baru saja pulang ke Singapura selepas bercuti ke Genting Highlands, Pahang selama beberapa hari.

"Saya menemui Muhammad Rahmat yang pulang ke rumah sendirian dan terkejut apabila dimaklumkan anak saya itu masuk semula ke Malaysia dan seterusnya ke Thailand untuk membantu seorang rakan di sana.

"Ini kerana Mohd Ridzuan menerima panggilan dari seorang rakan kira-kira jam 4 petang untuk membantunya mengambil motosikal yang terbabit kemalangan sebelum itu.

"Berikutan itu, mangsa dan rakannya kemudian bertolak ke negara berkenaan untuk membantu rakan terbabit sebelum kejadian menyayat hati itu berlaku," katanya.

Salmah berkata, Mohd Ridzuan adalah anak ketiga daripada empat beradik dan mula bekerja sebagai pemandu di sebuah syarikat komputer sejak tiga bulan lalu.
from Singaporebikes.com

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Innalillah. My deepest condolences to the families. Al Fatihah.
zeist
post Feb 22 2007, 09:54 PM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

Another hit-and-run case. dry.gif

Is that something coming out from his stomach? shocking.gif
Devilc0de
post Feb 22 2007, 09:56 PM

The Real N0ob Doesn't Know He Is No0b
788 posts

so sad.. sad.gif
LEVIATHAN
post Feb 22 2007, 10:02 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
2,281 posts

woi qebalt. zaifer kau mana?
TSqebalt
post Feb 22 2007, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

sapa ni? hehehe. zephyr aku kt rumah, bateri kong. kedai tutup, raya cina time tuh, hehehe.
SUSgogo2
post Feb 23 2007, 12:28 AM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

Instead of turning this thread into orbituary, moral of this thread is:

a)Do not ride bikes in highway
b)Riding bikes is dangerous
c)Riding long distance bike is not recommended

Just buy a cheap car to drive is better than riding a bike.
porkchop
post Feb 23 2007, 01:36 AM

Lalala Life's Sweet
6,626 posts

take public transport, bus or train or air asia (everyone can fly)
zombie
post Feb 23 2007, 02:41 AM

Died
684 posts

What you two talking? Those were superbikes. 1300cc leh. More powerful than your kancil and are built for highway cruising.
goldfries
post Feb 23 2007, 02:46 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Feb 23 2007, 12:28 AM)
you're talking nonsense.
chamelion
post Feb 23 2007, 02:50 AM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

QUOTE(zombie @ Feb 23 2007, 02:41 AM)
What you two talking? Those were superbikes. 1300cc leh. More powerful than your kancil and are built for highway cruising.
The problem is in car the metal cover human, on bike it's human cover metal.

Anyway just drive/ride safe and keep to the limit.
goldfries
post Feb 23 2007, 05:37 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

what zombie is saying that motorbikes are fine for highway and long-distance journey. smile.gif

however it is dangerous in a sense, just as in this case. all it takes is some thing to happen and you're flying all over the place.
hk_loo
post Feb 23 2007, 09:06 AM

Regular
1,750 posts

dude, some people buy bikes is because they love bikes...not because they not afford car

SUSgogo2
post Feb 23 2007, 09:46 AM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Feb 23 2007, 02:46 AM)
you're talking nonsense.
Nope. Answer is with chamelion.

QUOTE(chamelion @ Feb 23 2007, 02:50 AM)
The problem is in car the metal cover human, on bike it's human cover metal.

Anyway just drive/ride safe and keep to the limit.
Answer for goldfries statement.

QUOTE(goldfries @ Feb 23 2007, 05:37 AM)
what zombie is saying that motorbikes are fine for highway and long-distance journey. smile.gif

however it is dangerous in a sense, just as in this case. all it takes is some thing to happen and you're flying all over the place.
Yeap, I'm trying to say this. You just need something little to happen and you're flying all over places.

QUOTE(hk_loo @ Feb 23 2007, 09:06 AM)
dude, some people buy bikes is because they love bikes...not because they not afford car
Love bike can. Just ride in some where safe. Riding from Singapore to Thailand is very dangerous. So many car especially during CNY. If can, maybe ride in the circuit.
goldfries
post Feb 23 2007, 11:32 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:46 AM)
Yeap, I'm trying to say this. You just need something little to happen and you're flying all over places.

dude, if you said what chamelion said - there's no disagreement.

but what you said was

points A and C are totally crap and point B isn't exactly true either, and perhaps a better way to put is is that motorbikers are at higher risk compared to people who drive cars - that's it.

to say riding bikes is dangerous is inappropriate, i'm a motorcyclist myself and i find that in KL it's quite dangerous due to nonsense drivers - NOTE : being on a bike is not dangerous, being on a bike amongst crappy drivers is.

get the point yet? all in all - being on bike is not dangerous, it's the surrounding that makes it dangerous. sad.gif i know, because i used bike even when i was a kid and back in my hometown (Kota Bharu) it's really far from being dangerous.

EDITED : sorry if my earlier post sounded a bit rude, my apologies. i just find it inappropriate to generalize. smile.gif

if my opinion differs, then so be it. smile.gif thank you for the conversation, let's just stick within topic. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by goldfries: Feb 23 2007, 11:36 AM
aliftaufiq
post Feb 23 2007, 12:02 PM

4G92P
2,785 posts

QUOTE(hk_loo @ Feb 23 2007, 09:06 AM)
Even their bikes more expensive then some types of cars..

budakjahat
post Feb 23 2007, 12:10 PM

On my way
617 posts

Accidents happen... whether you ride a bike or drive a car... The risk is always there... Regardless of what we ride or drive SAFETY is important... so Drive Carefully...
Cyprid Dark ii
post Feb 23 2007, 01:32 PM

On my way
640 posts

I think you are the one car wannabes like to talking shit?

Always want to say the car that ride EVO & japanese rice crap doing 180++ at highway is always correct... mad.gif mad.gif

After I got myself a high cc bike,I know they feels.....its not about they cant afford a car,but its all about riding & passion.....(even DUCATI 999R is more expensive than EVO8...& BIMOTA SB8K is way more2 expensive than those GT-r34.....)

Sorry for a bit rude,but I just cant stand when a car owner like to talk like that to someone that always love bike for their whole life......
Taman Linkin
post Feb 23 2007, 02:13 PM

Bijes
1,657 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Feb 23 2007, 11:32 AM)

but what you said was

points A and C are totally crap and point B isn't exactly true either, and perhaps a better way to put is is that motorbikers are at higher risk compared to people who drive cars - that's it.

to say riding bikes is dangerous is inappropriate, i'm a motorcyclist myself and i find that in KL it's quite dangerous due to nonsense drivers - NOTE : being on a bike is not dangerous, being on a bike amongst crappy drivers is.

get the point yet? all in all - being on bike is not dangerous, it's the surrounding that makes it dangerous. sad.gif i know, because i used bike even when i was a kid and back in my hometown (Kota Bharu) it's really far from being dangerous.

EDITED : sorry if my earlier post sounded a bit rude, my apologies. i just find it inappropriate to generalize. smile.gif

if my opinion differs, then so be it. smile.gif thank you for the conversation, let's just stick within topic. biggrin.gif
Agreed. +1

Added on February 23, 2007, 2:17 pm

If u die at house becoz a pic frame hit ur head u also say staying at home is dangerous ka? yawn.gif dry.gif hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Taman Linkin: Feb 23 2007, 02:17 PM
zombie
post Feb 23 2007, 02:33 PM

Died
684 posts

Actually, who doesn't know that riding a motorcycle is more dangerous than driving a car?

But as you can see that people still ride because of economic reasons and also the passion for riding.

It's difficult to understand this especially if one is well to do and don't enjoy riding. cool2.gif
SUSgogo2
post Feb 23 2007, 02:34 PM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Feb 23 2007, 11:32 AM)

but what you said was

Yeah, I agree with you. I didn't really put that into details. tongue.gif

QUOTE(aliftaufiq @ Feb 23 2007, 12:02 PM)
Even their bikes more expensive then some types of cars..
Yeah, because they're bike lover.

QUOTE(budakjahat @ Feb 23 2007, 12:10 PM)
Accidents happen... whether you ride a bike or drive a car... The risk is always there... Regardless of what we ride or drive SAFETY is important... so Drive Carefully...
Yeap, must drive safely.

QUOTE(Cyprid Dark ii @ Feb 23 2007, 01:32 PM)
I think you are the one car wannabes like to talking shit?

Always want to say the car that ride EVO & japanese rice crap doing 180++ at highway is always correct... mad.gif  mad.gif

After I got myself a high cc bike,I know they feels.....its not about they cant afford a car,but its all about riding & passion.....(even DUCATI 999R is more expensive than EVO8...& BIMOTA SB8K is way more2 expensive than those GT-r34.....)

Sorry for a bit rude,but I just cant stand when a car owner like to talk like that to someone that always love bike for their whole life......
I'm not. So please don't be so rude ok.

QUOTE(Taman Linkin @ Feb 23 2007, 02:13 PM)
Agreed. +1

Added on February 23, 2007, 2:17 pm
If u die at house becoz a pic frame hit ur head u also say staying at home is dangerous ka? yawn.gif  dry.gif  hmm.gif
No lar. I'm just trying to say riding motorcycle is higher chance to die due to accident. If ride car, can still live. Maybe paralyse. Dunno die or paralyse better tongue.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:24 AM