Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> All about AIR ASIA and LCCT, What do you think? (Economic Issues)

views

seancorr
post Feb 27 2007, 11:58 AM

Shut your trap!
582 posts

Flight are indeed cheap but airasia will bill u with luggage insurance n all. this is how they make money out from their cheap tix. if u dun the insurance then be prepared to get yr luggaged in bad condition. my new polo bag had its whole back cloth torn off when i got it from the airport. is this how those ppl handle passenger's luggage? i can't repair it since the shop i bought it from said it was impossible to repair n i only used that bag twice n its spoilt.

airasia's delay of flights is laughable. who the hell would tell their passengers that the plane was delayed coz there was no pilot to fly it? ppl had to wait for 4 hours before the pilot came. now imagine it was late at night n u have kids who are sleepy.

LCCT is too far from KLIA. u travel more n the terminal is so cheap. yes i know they are trying to lower cost but in my sense, they striped the terminal too much. what would tourists think abt the low quality terminal after having a bad experience from luggage or super long flight delay?

mad.gif
su8aru
post Feb 28 2007, 10:16 PM

No-Longer An Active User
Validating
1,735 posts

QUOTE(seancorr @ Feb 27 2007, 11:58 AM)
Flight are indeed cheap but airasia will bill u with luggage insurance n all. this is how they make money out from their cheap tix. if u dun the insurance then be prepared to get yr luggaged in bad condition. my new polo bag had its whole back cloth torn off when i got it from the airport. is this how those ppl handle passenger's luggage? i can't repair it since the shop i bought it from said it was impossible to repair n i only used that bag twice n its spoilt.

airasia's delay of flights is laughable. who the hell would tell their passengers that the plane was delayed coz there was no pilot to fly it? ppl had to wait for 4 hours before the pilot came. now imagine it was late at night n u have kids who are sleepy.

LCCT is too far from KLIA. u travel more n the terminal is so cheap. yes i know they are trying to lower cost but in my sense, they striped the terminal too much. what would tourists think abt the low quality terminal after having a bad experience from luggage or super long flight delay?

mad.gif
1st- dont compare Low Cost Carrier with Premier Carrier Airlines
2nd- i also didnt bought any insurance for my luggage yet it still in good condition.. and luggage bag spoil when using MAS last time... I think this should be blame on ground crew who handling the luggage...
3rd- again.. you flying with LCC... they dont have reserve planes like MAS.. if one of their plane hav technical problems then the daily trip by the same plane will effect.. i never heard tat AirAsia is lack of Pilot such things.. it always becos of technical problem.. mayb AirAsia CEO should change abit their LCC's mindset n reserve some plane for emergency... but keeping the plane on land didn't making money for them..
4th... LCC-T just blame on Government and MAHB...
5th, take premier airlines if cant accept the concept of LCC.. thats the different between them... you get for what you paid..

This post has been edited by su8aru: Feb 28 2007, 11:15 PM
aichiban
post Feb 28 2007, 11:06 PM

pot yia thee keh tai lang!!
1,988 posts

For the price im paying, i think the services offered by Air Asia is SUPERB!!! rclxms.gif
hail Tony for bringing Air Asia!! rclxm9.gif

LCCT = puduraya?
those who equals LCCT to puduraya, ya rite. KL Sentral = puduraya too then
LCCT is more of like KL Sentral than puduraya, with KL Sentral winning
but KL Sentral is well, at the heart of Kuala Lumpur, not really fair comparison

I purposely purchase drinks n food onboard when i dont need them to support Air Asia in everyway I can laugh.gif

but of course, i will always book only the cheapest tix, not the normal prices ones icon_rolleyes.gif

Added on February 28, 2007, 11:15 pm
QUOTE(seancorr @ Feb 27 2007, 11:58 AM)

mad.gif
I use MAS more frequent than Air Asia coz I travel far more.
I buy the luggage insurance by Air Asia on n off, and NEVER get my luggage damaged.
MAS broke my luggage handle in KLIA itself n not some lauya country (debatable since malaysia might regarded as lauya too)
so ur point is invalid. u r plain unlucky as i am with MAS that time.
btw, the insurance is cheap. buy n support Air Asia nod.gif

I never got my flight delayed on AirAsia n MAS. Wait, I got delayed by MAS - 1 hour.
Its a Low Cost Carrier. If you want better service, pay higher price. You wont believe the delays on Low Cost Carrier in some countries. India? 16-24 hours maybe.

LCCT. I dont think AirAsia requested to be moved there, n its not 'cheap'. If u r so "made of gold", dont take air asia.

last point - hello golden boy, go back to papa if u cant go out to play

This post has been edited by aichiban: Feb 28 2007, 11:15 PM
nevland
post Mar 2 2007, 02:58 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

i think airasia did a very good job... once upon a time before it existed... really flying was meant for rich people..

now everyone can fly... i'm from trg, working in kuching, my wife from JB.. and now i can afford to going back home to trg & jb at least thrice a year...
picozoo
post Mar 2 2007, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

yes lor... Air Asia has made EVERYBODY CAN FLY come true now... hehe.. even though not-rich people oso can feel on air... if only MAS conquer the field... i don't know lah...
but, if want to compare the condition... hehe.. of course laa MAS always good... biggrin.gif
jimmy79
post Mar 7 2007, 01:14 PM

Enthusiast
957 posts

I have taken MAs and AA b4. For the price i paid, I will say its fair.
Mas you pay more so you get better services.

AA you pay less so you can't request those luxury service like in MAS.
For those ppl say cannot make booking on the promotion rate. I am no sure why you cant get it. You do not have to wait midnight just to get the ticket.
As long as you log in the first or 2 days the advertisement out, you will eventually get the ticket. Perhaps you only try book the ticket for weekends which is absolutely very hard to get.

Even Hotel, geting,Mas also have diff price for weekend and weekday. So dun expect to get cheapest price on weekend flight.

smartymh
post Mar 7 2007, 02:33 PM

11 posts

To be frank, I'd rather pay 10x more for a journey than to sit on AA. I HATE AA. Hate them to the max. Oh well, its either love it or hate it as ppl would say. The reason? I took AA when they first started (Seriously.... It was probably in 2001 or 2002 when I'm still studying in KL, I'm from KK btw). The service? I can say I nvr had this kind of bad service before. The worst actually. Ppl rushed and pushed their way into the plane, just like when you board a 3rd class train service in India. But nowadays, M'sians are more civilized. Kudos to that.

Need not say about flight delays. AA is just giving excuses on technical problems or weather difficulties. RyanAir or EasyJet in Europe rarely delay or cancel their flights.

It is true that you get what you paid for. Like Stephen Chow said in his movie, 'Cheap stuffs won't be good, while good stuffs won't be cheap'. I guess all low cost carriers are the same. Small space, no entertainment/service, airport terminal which pop-out of nowhere, and poor quality of ground staffs. I wonder how FAX will operate on long-haul flights. We will see more cases of deep vein thrombosis i guess.
woopypooky
post Mar 8 2007, 05:17 PM

Regular
1,292 posts

LCCT always got delay, 2 out of 4 times i sat in it sure delay.
and heard some delays are always the same destination; e.g KL-penang.
i think airasia is cheap and good for holiday makers, but if u r going on scheduled/business trips better take others unless u go a day earlier.
diablos
post Mar 9 2007, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

I really enjoyed taking air asia for flight. Before Air Asia, I really dont have a chance catch a flight. Too expensive for a poor guy like me. Although they have added the fuel surcharge, it is still cheap. I still remember my cheapest air ticket was RM 80 for return flight to kota kinabalu.
penangmee
post Mar 10 2007, 09:55 AM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(smartymh @ Mar 7 2007, 02:33 PM)
To be frank, I'd rather pay 10x more for a journey than to sit on AA. I HATE AA. Hate them to the max. Oh well, its either love it or hate it as ppl would say. The reason? I took AA when they first started (Seriously.... It was probably in 2001 or 2002 when I'm still studying in KL, I'm from KK btw). The service? I can say I nvr had this kind of bad service before. The worst actually. Ppl rushed and pushed their way into the plane, just like when you board a 3rd class train service in India. But nowadays, M'sians are more civilized. Kudos to that.

Need not say about flight delays. AA is just giving excuses on technical problems or weather difficulties. RyanAir or EasyJet in Europe rarely delay or cancel their flights.

It is true that you get what you paid for. Like Stephen Chow said in his movie, 'Cheap stuffs won't be good, while good stuffs won't be cheap'. I guess all low cost carriers are the same. Small space, no entertainment/service, airport terminal which pop-out of nowhere, and poor quality of ground staffs. I wonder how FAX will operate on long-haul flights. We will see more cases of deep vein thrombosis i guess.
Just occational AA user , BUT I would not pay 10X for the services AA is providing imagine now can fly PG to KK RM 140 return. rclxms.gif Using MAS would need RM 1K. cry.gif
Also orang putih LCC no delays?? Heard of LCC called Jetblue?
anyway, nowadays I sometimes experience AA departs early, 10-15 mins b4 schedule time if plane fully laoded rclxms.gif
don^don
post Mar 10 2007, 01:15 PM

(#‵′)凸
1,924 posts

as they say, wad you get is wad you pay.

being a consumer, and also if you've traveled alot, you'd not expect the price to be only Rm0.30 for a "1 way trip" right? taxes are not for Airasia, but the airport. furthermore, like said by a member, if your ad fails to attract, wad is the point in making 1 anyway? i guess you [*the TS] had nv successfully bought the tickets at the advertised price, do u? bad luck.

as for LCCT, i hav no other comment, but only 1. the purpose of LCCT is to cut cost for Airasia, and to hav a cheaper fare for consumers, with an acceptable/decent airport/terminal function-able with all the flights. but why on earth is the airport tax more expensiv than KLIA? isn't LCCT supposed to be LOW COST??? why on earth is the tax higher?

i've been traveling in Airasia most of the time, since Airasia started, and i've had great experiences with them [*all domestic flights]. but it seemed that i've yet to step on LCCT, mayb becoz of late, all my travels are internationals. i heard its packed, and we had to move around like a hundred of ugly ducklings following the mama around. but so far it seemed to be good.

as for mas, i've yet to experience bad services. i juz don like Mas's higher fare. since we hav a cheaper choice, why not. right? delays for both MAS and Airasia are common hiccups tat cannot be avoided, wad can we do? nth. just hope it wont be brought forward.
scorgio
post Mar 10 2007, 06:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,250 posts

Air Asia created competition among regional airlines.

Even after adding fuel surcharge & tax, the ticket price's still cheaper than MAS.

B4 Air Asia, I didn't take domestic flights for like 10 years cos of price.

Now I fly Air Asia a few times per year.

Still remember the cheapest fare I paid was RM25.99 (fare RM9.99, tax RM16) b4 the petroleum hike. KL to Penang.

As for LCCT, I think it's pretty decent. Had everything necessary & distance from my place's nearer.

But they quietly increased the parking charges w.e.f 1 Jan 2007. From RM1 for 1st 2 hours to RM2 per hour.

sharizall
post Mar 10 2007, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

this happened this morning at 6.25am..my flight to penang scheduled to be departed at 6.55am..i purchased the ticket online..and around 6.25am i arrived at LCCT and i went to collect my ticket at the counter and guess what?..my suppose-to-be-6.55am flight just departed..departure time suppose to be at 6.55am man and i was 30 mins early to collect my ticket but my flight already gone??..no refund..no new ticket..no nothing..just heartache rclxub.gif

if this happened again..is there anything else i can do?
don^don
post Mar 11 2007, 01:48 PM

(#‵′)凸
1,924 posts

QUOTE(sharizall @ Mar 10 2007, 10:47 PM)
this happened this morning at 6.25am..my flight to penang scheduled to be departed at 6.55am..i purchased the ticket online..and around 6.25am i arrived at LCCT and i went to collect my ticket at the counter and guess what?..my suppose-to-be-6.55am flight just departed..departure time suppose to be at 6.55am man and i was 30 mins early to collect my ticket but my flight already gone??..no refund..no new ticket..no nothing..just heartache rclxub.gif

i guess you're late. if i'm not mistaken, it should be around 2hrs earlier. u muz be at the counter collecting your tickets 2hrs earlier b4 take off to be on the safe side.

however, i dunno why they didn inform you abt the "early departure" of your flight. so far, my flight with airasia was great. there was twice my flight delayed, and they sms me to notify me.
deadalus
post Mar 11 2007, 11:08 PM

Live Life Cool
796 posts

delay is always a problem for Air Asia. But this year out of 6 flight with Air Asia, i only experience 1 major delayed, which makes me sitting helpless in sandakan airport for 3 hrs before i get the plane to Kk...

as for the LCCT layout, you will need to pay more to get a more sophisticated airport. in that case will increase the airport tax i think.
scorgio
post Mar 12 2007, 12:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,250 posts

QUOTE(sharizall @ Mar 10 2007, 09:47 PM)

Air Asia's a ticketless airline.
I guess u meant ur boarding pass.
The check-in counter opens 2-3 hours b4 the departure time.
And close 45-60 minutes b4 departure time.
Passenger should be in the waiting area 30 minutes b4 departure.
Clearly, the flight's time might have changed, but u are certainly late.
Even if the plane is still on ground, they have every right to reject you from boarding the plane.
epantyhoesthief
post Mar 12 2007, 01:30 AM

23 posts

air asia air asia air asia air asia...is always the beter choice...
don^don
post Mar 12 2007, 10:15 AM

(#‵′)凸
1,924 posts

QUOTE(deadalus @ Mar 12 2007, 12:08 AM)
delay is always a problem for Air Asia. But this year out of 6 flight with Air Asia, i only experience 1 major delayed, which makes me sitting helpless in sandakan airport for 3 hrs before i get the plane to Kk...

as for the LCCT layout, you will need to pay more to get a more sophisticated airport. in that case will increase the airport tax i think.
if i'm not mistaken, the airport tax last time when AA is still using KLIA, is only Rm40, i think la...

and now its higher, right? like... Rm60 or wad? can't remember...
Matrix
post Mar 12 2007, 04:22 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(cory @ Feb 22 2007, 09:10 PM)
I'm assuming that a good number of us have flown Air Asia at one time or another.

I have stopped flying MAS for a few years now. I take Air Asia where possible and where not, I take SIA and others. I've had enough bad experiences with MAS's on-board service to strike it off my list years ago.

My question is on Air Asia. Many people, especially first time travelers, have complained about Air Asia's ticket prices, specifically in the way it is advertised. Yes, advertising RM9.99 super low fares electrifies people but the excitement quickly evaporates when they learn about the unstated costs. I've learnt from personal experience that the admin fee, airport tax and so on can bloat the ticket price tenfold. While I understand certain costs are necessary, what irks people is that they only find out when they fork out money to pay for the ticket.

Years ago, someone in the local hotel industry thought that a great way to hide true cost was by putting up ads like "Buffet Dinner, Rm30++". The airlines are now picking up this practice, except the ++ can mean 300% instead of 15%.

My first question is do you feel Air Asia should state the full and final price (all in) of their fares in their advertising? Or is it alright to put all that behind an asterisk and let the customer find out later. Bear in mind full-price disclosure could blow a hole in their low-cost branding even though technically, the tax money doesn't go to them.

My second question is do you feel the LCCT terminal befits its title as a low-cost carrrier terminal?

Personally I think LCCT is fine. Though crowded its simple, functional and above all clean. I don't expect a first class building when I've paid a cheap fare but some people portray it as though its worse than Puduraya. Do you think its a fair comparison?
I think it's freaking fair price wise and i'm not complaining about LCCT. No way it's Puduraya. The last time i was at PuduRaya, i still remember all these people waiting below for the bus while absorbing the smoke from the buses while i was waiting up the stairs at the shops level. It was like a dark hell hole down there with smoke an all. No kidding.

I'm a regular AirAsia traveller. Where else can i find air tickers for 3 person for RM300 from KL to Sabah (including return tickects)???? Even if they use some RM 0 fair tactic, it still way cheaper than MAS.

If there's no Air Asia, i'll be paying MAS like RM 2100++ for 3 tickets previously.

Mana cari kawan? Still wanna complain ah?? doh.gif

Also, i've met Tony Fernandez on a flight back from Kuching and he entertain the passengers along with his crew.

Heck, i'll vote Tony for Prime Minister if he's running for it!!! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Matrix: Mar 12 2007, 04:34 PM
icy_polar08
post Sep 3 2007, 07:02 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Well Air Asia actually is quite good. After hearing on he expansion of the budget hotel, I think Air Asia is doing quite a good job so far. I am a frequent traveler myself on MAS and Air Asia. I can say for Air Asia, you pay for what you get. To those people here thats complaining, well, I do complain sometimes on the delays, but then we pay for what we get. if you cannot afford that, then take MAS. Air Asia overall, I am quite satisfied la. I like the new planes than the old planes. I also never buy anything on the plane so I myself do save cost too... hehehe... Regarding the complains on this thread on luggage or pilots, etc.. well, luggage is blamed on the ground crew staff or try hand-luggage your bags instead; and there is no such thing as late pilots. I see the pilots are always early even before the plane arrives. The tickets are very cheap but then expensive on peak periods. Air Asia is ok la... but I wouldnt recommend on Air Asia for long distance flights of more than 2 hours. hehe....

42 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0312sec    0.94    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd August 2021 - 01:40 AM