Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Perodua Axia Club V6, Malaysia's No.1 EEV Now Even Smarter!!!

views

coolkwc
post Aug 28 2017, 01:21 AM

Fall in love with audio again.
3,110 posts

Got the Axia SE this morning just after 1 week booking.

Come back from 65km 'test drive' just now, this is what i can concluded after that.

1. The test road was mostly highway drive (which i missed in test drive last week) and some city road, very less traffic at 11:30pm.
2. Used to drive hydraulic power steering car before, the Axia EPS just feel very weird especially in cornering. Very minor self centering force only. I don't know whether all EPS act as that or it just Axia. I don't feel any confident in the corner at all, and i can feel the steering wobbly around the corner.
3. Ride at highway feel 'floating', the travel of the suspension just too much and will definitely feel fatigue in long run.
4. Wind noise and engine noise at highway speed is acceptable, is the road noise that dominant the noise level, radio volume at 11-12 will easily masked by the road noise.
5. Despite the conventional 4AT gearbox used, surprisingly the Axia gearbox is very smooth during gear hunting. Yes, it did often downshifted due to lack of power, however the shift shock is minimal, only know it downshifted when i heard the engine roaring.
6. Fuel consumption wise is good. 65km 80% highway 20% city at 80-120km/h got AVL 18.5km/L.
7. The low beam projector headlamp is good, the beam is even on the road and projection distance is far enough. Just that the stock bulb colour temperature is too warm (Or because i used to the white LED of my Saga). The fog lamp more or less just for decoration in my opinion, the distance just too short and can't aid the low beam distance at all.
8. Radio sound quality is not my cup of tea, at least the Kenari stock speaker is better due to the rear is two way system rather than full range in Axia, the sound just feel muddy if you turn up the bass.

Overall i think Axia is more suitable for city drive. Long journey highway cruising experience will killed by the ride and road noise. It seems Perodua still got alot to do in ride and handling aspect (or actually no tuning done by Perodua at all and it just carry over?), which i feel far more better in my 8 years old Saga BLM.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Aug 28 2017, 01:23 AM
jesserider223
post Aug 28 2017, 01:51 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

a very good review

very well written after a purposeful drive in late night

but i think Perodua less likely to improve and refine the cabin experience during the drive, this is afterall their most basic car, doubt they would do much to isolate road noise from cabin, owners self mod is the way to go

like u said, i dun think handling was tuned at all, suspension could be just added on after deduced on paper, afterall, they never quite have a nice handling car in recent years, owners self mod on suspension such as spring and shocks could see improvement massively

if improve or add on some aesthetic functions then i believe la, such as auto folding side mirror or keyless entry or push start (some already available in higher trim)

johnngiew
post Aug 28 2017, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Aug 28 2017, 01:21 AM)
Got the Axia SE this morning just after 1 week booking.

Come back from 65km 'test drive' just now, this is what i can concluded after that.

1. The test road was mostly highway drive (which i missed in test drive last week) and some city road, very less traffic at 11:30pm.
2. Used to drive hydraulic power steering car before, the Axia EPS just feel very weird especially in cornering. Very minor self centering force only. I don't know whether all EPS act as that or it just Axia. I don't feel any confident in the corner at all, and i can feel the steering wobbly around the corner.
3. Ride at highway feel 'floating', the travel of the suspension just too much and will definitely feel fatigue in long run.
4. Wind noise and engine noise at highway speed is acceptable, is the road noise that dominant the noise level, radio volume at 11-12 will easily masked by the road noise.
5. Despite the conventional 4AT gearbox used, surprisingly the Axia gearbox is very smooth during gear hunting. Yes, it did often downshifted due to lack of power, however the shift shock is minimal, only know it downshifted when i heard the engine roaring.
6. Fuel consumption wise is good. 65km 80% highway 20% city at 80-120km/h got AVL 18.5km/L.
7. The low beam projector headlamp is good, the beam is even on the road and projection distance is far enough. Just that the stock bulb colour temperature is too warm (Or because i used to the white LED of my Saga). The fog lamp more or less just for decoration in my opinion, the distance just too short and can't aid the low beam distance at all.
8. Radio sound quality is not my cup of tea, at least the Kenari stock speaker is better due to the rear is two way system rather than full range in Axia, the sound just feel muddy if you turn up the bass.

Overall i think Axia is more suitable for city drive. Long journey highway cruising experience will killed by the ride and road noise. It seems Perodua still got alot to do in ride and handling aspect (or actually no tuning done by Perodua at all and it just carry over?), which i feel far more better in my 8 years old Saga BLM.
3. suspension wise i think its due to new suspension. let the break in period over and it will get better over time.
4. wind noise i think its acceptable for 80kmh to 100kmh. tyre noise will come in after a while when the tyres harden (silverstone m3) over time
8. stock radio (g spec 2015) white noise is very notable with stock antenna.

i personally think perodua is bringing cheapest car in market, which it is built and design for indonesian market. perodua basically did some costmestic and upper body redesign. handling wise will be same platform as indonesian market. this car will be different from previous perodua model as it is not designed as per japanese gov specs. that's why i think handling wise wont be as good as previous perodua. blm has "lotus technical support " which i assume its helpful in terms of the car's handling.

Zot
post Aug 28 2017, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(johnngiew @ Aug 28 2017, 11:19 AM)
3. suspension wise i think its due to new suspension. let the break in period over and it will get better over time.
4. wind noise i think its acceptable for 80kmh to 100kmh. tyre noise will come in after a while when the tyres harden (silverstone m3) over time
8. stock radio (g spec 2015) white noise is very notable with stock antenna.

i personally think perodua is bringing cheapest car in market, which it is built and design for indonesian market. perodua basically did some costmestic and upper body redesign. handling wise will be same platform as indonesian market. this car will be different from previous perodua model as it is not designed as per japanese gov specs. that's why i think handling wise wont be as good as previous perodua. blm has "lotus technical support " which i assume its helpful in terms of the car's handling.
I've driven Kancil, Viva and Axia. I would say the Axia is the best when cornering at high speed. Road noise is more compare to more expensive car due to insulation. Of course, the shorter the tire thread, the noise gets louder.
johnngiew
post Aug 28 2017, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 28 2017, 11:24 AM)
I've driven Kancil, Viva and Axia. I would say the Axia is the best when cornering at high speed. Road noise is more compare to more expensive car due to insulation. Of course, the shorter the tire thread, the noise gets louder.
oh... i forgot about viva... viva is not very nice to drive... i was comparing myvi, kelisa, kenari with axia. i personally think the 3 are better.
TSnuttyking91
post Aug 28 2017, 11:38 AM

Enthusiast
956 posts

V7 inkambing... https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4397322

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:36 PM