Got the Axia SE this morning just after 1 week booking.
Come back from 65km 'test drive' just now, this is what i can concluded after that.
1. The test road was mostly highway drive (which i missed in test drive last week) and some city road, very less traffic at 11:30pm.
2. Used to drive hydraulic power steering car before, the Axia EPS just feel very weird especially in cornering. Very minor self centering force only. I don't know whether all EPS act as that or it just Axia. I don't feel any confident in the corner at all, and i can feel the steering wobbly around the corner.
3. Ride at highway feel 'floating', the travel of the suspension just too much and will definitely feel fatigue in long run.
4. Wind noise and engine noise at highway speed is acceptable, is the road noise that dominant the noise level, radio volume at 11-12 will easily masked by the road noise.
5. Despite the conventional 4AT gearbox used, surprisingly the Axia gearbox is very smooth during gear hunting. Yes, it did often downshifted due to lack of power, however the shift shock is minimal, only know it downshifted when i heard the engine roaring.
6. Fuel consumption wise is good. 65km 80% highway 20% city at 80-120km/h got AVL 18.5km/L.
7. The low beam projector headlamp is good, the beam is even on the road and projection distance is far enough. Just that the stock bulb colour temperature is too warm (Or because i used to the white LED of my Saga). The fog lamp more or less just for decoration in my opinion, the distance just too short and can't aid the low beam distance at all.
8. Radio sound quality is not my cup of tea, at least the Kenari stock speaker is better due to the rear is two way system rather than full range in Axia, the sound just feel muddy if you turn up the bass.
Overall i think Axia is more suitable for city drive. Long journey highway cruising experience will killed by the ride and road noise. It seems Perodua still got alot to do in ride and handling aspect (or actually no tuning done by Perodua at all and it just carry over?), which i feel far more better in my 8 years old Saga BLM.
3. suspension wise i think its due to new suspension. let the break in period over and it will get better over time.
4. wind noise i think its acceptable for 80kmh to 100kmh. tyre noise will come in after a while when the tyres harden (silverstone m3) over time
8. stock radio (g spec 2015) white noise is very notable with stock antenna.
i personally think perodua is bringing cheapest car in market, which it is built and design for indonesian market. perodua basically did some costmestic and upper body redesign. handling wise will be same platform as indonesian market. this car will be different from previous perodua model as it is not designed as per japanese gov specs. that's why i think handling wise wont be as good as previous perodua. blm has "lotus technical support " which i assume its helpful in terms of the car's handling.