Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The most undervalued investment in 2017

views

Showtime747
post Jun 13 2017, 01:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,258 posts

QUOTE(Win Win Inspiration @ Jun 13 2017, 10:14 AM)
Good morning sir. Thank you for your kind encouragement.  notworthy.gif

Surely I will keep it up for long term to achieve the desired outcome, the fulfilment of the future that we envisioned 10, 20 years later is certainly more important than having instant gratification. 
I will certainly involve myself more in the forums, have been reading the threads in [Finance and Investment House] and [Property Talk] these days, and I have gained so much of Real World information, which I am grateful for, the information shared by the sifus are eye-opening.

I do have a number of questions in mind that I wish you could enlighten me:
1. With the monthly-increasing savings (I religiously practice pay-yourself-first principle), what would be the best way to hedge against the decreasing values of money/inflation? As in, which are the best avenue to put the money into?
2. What should be the optimum split of investment portfolio? Understanding that there is no one-size-fits-all portfolio, however, what would be the optimum split that you would suggest?
3. Is it advisable to take loans for Property Investment, given that the monthly cash flow is sufficient to cover the installment?
4. Unit Trust investment – Get it through online platform (like Fund Supermart) or UT Agent is better? What kind of funds worth looking at?

And thank you for your kind reminder on those “20% returns/month scheme”, that is something that I will stay away by all means.  icon_rolleyes.gif
Have a nice and passionate day ahead sir.
You don't sound like a newbie in investment biggrin.gif

Anyway, here is my take/opinion,

1. If you are new, take your steps slowly. Don't rush, as only patient will get you there safely. So, just focus on low risk investment first. Beating inflation will come naturally when you are more confident in higher return investment

2. There is no so called "optimal" asset allocation, as it is individual risk appetite which dictate the choice of investment vehicle. For a new investor, I would suggest pick three asset class first. Tilt the weightage more towards low risk investment like FD, ASx and a small portion on blue chip stock/reits

3. If you are newbie, you shouldn't be looking at property first. Because first you need big downpayment. And secondly you may not be experienced enough to pick the right property. So I would suggest to stay away from property investment for a newbie.

4. Online better because of lower cost. I do not hold any UT since long time ago so those regulars in FSM are better person to ask your questions.

cherroy I suggest to move this thread out from this section as it has got nothing to do with stock exchange. It is only the title is cheeky so TS thought this thread is entitled here biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Showtime747: Jun 13 2017, 01:31 PM
Win Win Inspiration
post Jun 13 2017, 01:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,708 posts

QUOTE(Showtime747 @ Jun 13 2017, 01:30 PM)
You don't sound like a newbie in investment  biggrin.gif

Anyway, here is my take/opinion,

1. If you are new, take your steps slowly. Don't rush, as only patient will get you there safely. So, just focus on low risk investment first. Beating inflation will come naturally when you are more confident in higher return investment

2. There is no so called "optimal" asset allocation, as it is individual risk appetite which dictate the choice of investment vehicle. For a new investor, I would suggest pick three asset class first. Tilt the weightage more towards low risk investment like FD, ASx and a small portion on blue chip stock/reits

3. If you are newbie, you shouldn't be looking at property first. Because first you need big downpayment. And secondly you may not be experienced enough to pick the right property. So I would suggest to stay away from property investment for a newbie.

4. Online better because of lower cost. I do not hold any UT since long time ago so those regulars in FSM are better person to ask your questions.
cherroy I suggest to move this thread out from this section as it has got nothing to do with stock exchange. It is only the title is cheeky so TS thought this thread is entitled here  biggrin.gif
Hello sir,

Good afternoon, trust that you have had your lunch already? smile.gif
Seriously I don't sound like a newbie? In fact I am one, as in, still without any solid hands-on experience in investment, so far my knowledge is still limited to theoretical side. smile.gif

1. Well noted on that, should not be way too gung-ho about this and shall take things at my own pace.
2. I reckon that for the start, I shall take on the lower risk investment vehicle first.
3. Well noted on that, shall keep increasing the amounts of my reserves for the downpayment for now and keep learning for the time being about property.
4. Shall now starting to learn about Online UT Investment.

Thank you sir for your sharing of valuable opinion, I sincerely wish to learn more from you. notworthy.gif
WickedTank
post Jun 13 2017, 01:45 PM

6 posts

Nice sharing sir. new bie for this. =)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:46 PM