Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

astro byond V13

views

CTU
post Dec 29 2016, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

I dropped my Superpack 1 package in September becoz the team i support in the EPL was relegated to a league that astro dont show. Plus astro hike the price at that time too so made sense to drop.

I got myself an android box plus an IPTV service from a member here on lowyat..got to watch my team again plus epl plus anything u want in this world from the box and iptv service.

Astro has been bugging me. Call me countless times after i drop the package. Luckily i have caller id app so when they call, i reject n block them straight away. Can't call me, they send that SMS about that EPL offer. Dulu when i was with them, never called, just collect money. Now begging me to have them back.

Padan muka. Thanks but ur history astro
CTU
post Jan 4 2017, 11:44 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(dannielshazmeer @ Jan 4 2017, 11:01 PM)
ermm use broadband
What broadband can give stable speed to watch IPTV and not have limited quota? I also want to know this coz want to help my parents potong astro too
CTU
post Jan 5 2017, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jan 5 2017, 05:34 AM)
I am on 8MB screamyx at RM148 offer inlusive GST,so far so good
Screamyx in my parents place like shit. Only 1mbps. Not even 2mbps!
CTU
post Jan 5 2017, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(epipongi @ Jan 5 2017, 09:03 AM)
The house is rented one. Cant afford to buy a house atm. streamyx i think its available, but donno the speed coverage at that area. Need to further check with TM first. IPTV min speed requirement is 4 mbps right? Let say 8mbps speed is not covered at that area, is it ok to subscribe 4mbps package?
Do u already have the IPTV subscription or plan to get it? Let me share. My in laws are on 5mbps unifi from the old package. And i went during reason visit there recently. I can tell u eventhough my own IPTV subscription needs minimum 4mbps, it was not nice viewing becoz of d buffering and d stuttering. Im on 30mbps at home so could clearly see that it wasnt working well on 5 mbps. So be sure urs would work nicely on 4mbps before u commit. Just sharing my experience.

This post has been edited by CTU: Jan 5 2017, 11:35 AM
CTU
post Jan 5 2017, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(epipongi @ Jan 5 2017, 12:41 PM)
Thanks for your sharing bro. Both screamyx n iptv yet to subscribe, still planning. So, means that I need to ensure first the 4/8 mbps screamyx is stable enough before subscribing it right?
I would suggest so. Getting an android box is not a problem. But then if u were to subscribe to an IPTV provider, make sure it has what u need n d service is stable. Next, if they could provide a trial, use it to test with the speed u have available.

U dont want to commit to any IPTV but it isnt stable or ur speed not gud enuf for it and in d end, go back to Astro..
CTU
post Jan 5 2017, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(szb @ Jan 5 2017, 02:44 PM)
if we can watch OD video without buffering, does it means no problem for IPTV?
I would say thats no guarantee. IPTV usually depends on the service servers and maitainance. You might have sufficient speed for OD and maybe Astro's own IPTV service but other IPTV i dont know. Im not that gud in my explanation either but just sharing my own experience and what i've learned since switching to IPTV from Astro. Just my 2 cents.
CTU
post Jan 5 2017, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(epipongi @ Jan 5 2017, 05:10 PM)
Good one bro. thumbup.gif 
Will follow your advise then. Any good or recommended android box and IPTV one to subscribe?
Depends what ur interest is for both the android box and also what u want from the IPTV. Can recommend u what im on if ur interest is same as mine..hehe..and seeing ur profile pic is Klopp, I guess you would need sports and football for ur IPTV? icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by CTU: Jan 5 2017, 11:34 PM
CTU
post Jan 5 2017, 10:57 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 5 2017, 07:11 PM)
Great explanation by CTU...

By the way, what kind of channels you would expect from IPTV? If you are referring to a underground IPTV service (not legal type), then you should be aware:

1) No guarantee that you can watch all channels without issues as the channel provider's server might be under maintenance or down occasionally, or there's large amount of users are watching that particular channel and the server became busy, hence you might not able to watch the channel.

2) If the channel provider gets the channel from Astro satellite, then if the channel provider's location is currently heavy rain, you will not able to watch the channel (you will see "Service currently not available" message until the whether over there is cleared.

3) Audio/video is not well synchronised (lip-sync issue)
Sometimes you might notice the audio/video does not match on what you see/listen. Such as the video is playing ahead over audio, or the video is playing slower behind over audio.

4) Some channels might occasionally buffering, or it will kept on Loading when switching channels

5) Some underground IPTV service does not have EPG service, means you can't get TV schedule like what you have on Astro, such as what programme is currently showing or showing next.

6) Don't expect for interchangeable audio/subtitle languages like usual pay TV. The subtitles you see on screen are most probably hard coded (permanently) and cannot be change or turn off like usual pay TV.

7) If your speed is not very high (such as 4Mbps or 8Mbps), and even if you can watch IPTV channel smoothly without or occasionally buffering, that doesn't means you can surf the Internet as usual. You may experience slow browsing speeds when watching IPTV channels. Don't forget that streaming IPTV channel also uses your existing Internet speed.
I'm telling you this is not to scare you. I'm telling you is because I hope you are aware of the disadvantages of underground IPTV service, besides knowing that you can get access of hundred to thousands of channels from local to international by subscribing to IPTV service at a cheap/affordable price.

P.S: I used before, that's why I know biggrin.gif
Great advise and explanation again by the sifu notworthy.gif

I'd just like to add a few more basic things for those who might be thinking of switching to android box or IPTV in addition to what has been said above. Just sharing the experience for others' benefit. For your info, I'm super happy with my IPTV subscription and below are not things I am scaring you with. Just for sharing only biggrin.gif

1. First and most important, who are you staying with? Are you sharing ur Astro with with ur family with young kids? With ur parents? or u living alone and only u watch astro? The thing is, if u are staying with others who watch the same Astro, and suddenly you cut it saying ur IPTV will be as good and cheaper than Astro, then prepare urself for an endless war with complaints, bickering, whining and crying and so on. If u are already on Astro, consider IPTV as an alternative for your ownself. Maybe only u watch sports, or movies or drama series. Then maybe u can drop only those packages from Astro and leave the rest for those who watch the other programmes and packages. You do not, I repeat, do not take away Astro from those who rely on it. For example, I dropped my sports, movies, and mustika packages as I was the only one watching it. I could still get those packages from my IPTV so I left the news, kids and korean channels still on Astro for parents, kids and of course wife.

2. IPTV is not a direct replacement for Astro in terms of quality and content. Some IPTV service, both legal and illegal, can provide you some if not most of Astro channels. But don't complain if the quality is not as crystal clear HD as Astro. Maybe it is also in HD but there will always be that slight advantage to Astro because our eyes has been used to it so whatever the HD version IPTV has to offer, it will never be 100% as good as Astro. Like joshhd mentioned, you will not have the option of changing audio, subtitles. Some IPTV like mine, has EPG but not for Astro based channels. So don't expect the Astro 'feel'.

3. International or non-local/non-astro Channels on IPTV might same in name with Astro but might come from a different feed. Like I said above, if your family needs the Astro channels, then maybe you should stick to it because it might be impossible to have everything they have on Astro with what you will get through IPTV. Advantage of IPTV is that you will get hundreds of channels from around the world directly 'Live' to you. But beware, if you have channels from around the world, it means they could be uncensored or unfiltered for sex, violence and all those things that you will not get on Astro. For example, the IPTV I have used to have movie channels that were on a direct feed from the US like all those Cinemax, HBO, Showtime channels. These channels are uncensored and unfiltered to suit their adult audience from 12 am to around 6 am US time. That will be 12-6pm our time. You do not want ur kids with the remote at this time of the day as they might just fall on some 'wrestling' action. When I say 'wrestling' action, I mean full on wrestling action like you get in the back room of a cetak rompak DVD shop. so if you have kids or even parents around, you should take careful measures with these channels if you were on IPTV. I dropped these channels from my subscription as I could rely on movie apps from the android box. Much better than being unable to control what is shown on the tv with ur wife always at home, parents coming around and a kid growing up.

4. Not everything is bad if you switch to IPTV. The fee u pay is way cheaper than Astro. I paid a 1 year subscription which was the same as 2 months of payment to Astro. Not only am I happy about the fees, but it has what I want compared to what Astro was providing, namely sports, football content plus some entertainment channels. You might probably get much more than what Astro can give. The IPTV I subscribe to can be access through mutiple ways, meaning I can watch it on mobile phone, laptop, tablet and PC. Try to get something like that as an added bonus. These are some of the advantages of IPTV

5. Be sure to find a trusted and respectable IPTV dealer before you commit.My IPTV subscription is stable and the provider is always on hand to help fix any problems I or any of his subscribers encounter. Do not be blinded by cheap offers or a long list of channels. IPTV service providers like to offer Astro channels to get ur interest up. But be sure to ask for a trial and make sure what they offer is what you will get. If possible, get in touch with any of their current subscribers to see what their opinions are.

6. Finally, I would strongly suggest that anyone who has Astro but is thinking of getting IPTV, to consider IPTV as an investment, rather than a replacement. Nothing beats Astro even if their content is like a rojak, repeats after repeats, full of inhouse channels, they dont have what IPTV have and of course their fees are ridiculously high. We as Malaysians have been growing up with them since young and even if their service has gotten worse over the years, there will always be things that they have that we can't replace. Maybe we, the younger generation, like myself hehehehe can be a bit tech savvy and find alternatives to Astro. But like myself too, there will always be family members who need it like my grandparents, my parents, my siblings, my wife and now even my kids. So, get urself an IPTV subscription to maybe help you cut your Astro bills, but don't get it to replace Astro if you have others who rely on it.

sorry for my long post here. I'm 6 months into my experience with IPTV and Astro. So wanted to share it here for anyone who might need some tips. oh and by the way, I didn't even touch on the technicalities of the android box, software, and even internet speed. A lot more things to consider when you want to sign up for IPTV service other than just internet speed. Like I said, treat it as an investment, not a replacement until you get the hang of it and can say goodbye to Astro for good. rclxms.gif

PS: I can recommend a good and trusted IPTV service for anyone interested in stable and uncountable sports channels for football. Also has UK and US channels too for movies, music, documentaries, kids, news, entertainment, some Astro, Singapore, Indonesian channels just to name a few. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by CTU: Jan 6 2017, 12:11 AM
CTU
post Jan 5 2017, 11:35 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jan 5 2017, 05:15 PM)
You're not alone. bruce.gif
If only TM can know that if they upgrade some of these old areas, they might get more upgrades from the people living there..bengong TM bangwall.gif

This post has been edited by CTU: Jan 6 2017, 12:16 AM
CTU
post Jan 6 2017, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(epipongi @ Jan 6 2017, 07:18 AM)
So you are saying that quality wise, asstro win la but in term of investment sure hell asstro worst one right? Do u have any recommended channel for me who dont care about the channels as long got sports on it?
Check ur PM. U can download the list of channels from the link i provided
CTU
post Jan 13 2017, 06:19 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(kumario9 @ Jan 13 2017, 06:05 PM)
Guys, anyone experience screen flickering issue only on HD channels recently? Normal channel without HD channels seems no issues.
Try turn off the power and then turn on again
CTU
post Jan 17 2017, 03:01 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Anime in HD @ Jan 16 2017, 10:44 PM)
You watch that channel biggrin.gif
ITV Choice in 4:3 format and don't have any selection of subtittle.
Not worth at all. Standard nowaday. All TV show in native 16:9 HD quality. smile.gif

Well the channel already cease. And never be back again in the future ohmy.gif sad.gif
Ur place got unifi? Why don't get IPTV? I have all the ITV channels and love watching them. In fact, all UK channels got..hehe laugh.gif the itv n bbc channels i have is already worth more than what astro offers.

This post has been edited by CTU: Jan 17 2017, 06:35 PM
CTU
post Jan 17 2017, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jan 17 2017, 10:44 AM)
Me too enjoying ITV 1,2,3,4,5,6 !!!!! rclxms.gif Thank you !
My guess asstro wl not add any new channels of class ,maybe Rojak channels only! Their reason that its low viewership is bullshit they said the same when they removed BBCE and a few more! They dont want to pay high,they want cheap stuffs but more profits vmad.gif In my 20 yrs experience there was nothing exciting added on asstro,we are still far behind,except for compiled home made and made for malaysia content.There is NO variety in astro but its the most expensive. Jumped to iptv just to watch some channels i like before I die!
U signed up bro?
CTU
post Jan 17 2017, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jan 17 2017, 11:56 AM)
Yup!! BTW for some channels 8mbps still buffers ! Still its worth, rclxms.gif
If u got added to the whatsapp group, just share ur pblms there. The admin sure will help with the settings. Hope ur enjoying it rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by CTU: Jan 17 2017, 12:02 PM
CTU
post Feb 21 2017, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

Any reason why i got Mustika pack since this past Friday eventhough i dont subscribe to it? Thought it was for Maharaja Lawak premiere that nite only but still got until now.
CTU
post Mar 31 2017, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Mar 31 2017, 04:54 PM)
So weird why change to TV5?
TV1 and TV2 no more?
Lol..its original name was TVi..ch180..nothing to do with TV1 or TV2
CTU
post Apr 6 2017, 01:41 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

1 thing I'm going to praise Astro is that finally, they have the EPG for the GoAsean channel (737). I kinda like that channel before but it didn't have a dedicated EPG. Happy it does now.
CTU
post May 8 2017, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 6 2017, 05:05 AM)
haha same laugh.gif doh.gif

ever since i stated adulthood i barely even got time 2 on TV yet alone 2 on astro laugh.gif doh.gif and yet i still paying RM150++ (yes i got sports pack and i only watch live football with astro provided if the live plays between 7pm-9pm which is UK time 10am-12pm)

i dont believe UK folks are interested to watch live football as early as 10am regularly

even if local league matches starts at 10am i also wont bother 2 go stadium and watch 2 laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Your timing is wrong. No football matches in the UK starts at 10am unless its a match at hari sukan sekolah lol.. Earliest match starts at 12pm. Which is normal. 12pm in in the Uk and 12pm in Malaysia is entirely 2 different worlds.
CTU
post Jun 18 2017, 09:36 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

Wah..I so bengang my Go Asean channel gone..didnt think I would like that channel at first but loved it lately....argh....
CTU
post Jul 4 2017, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

Hye..

Can someone help me? I would like to know how to select the mini multiroom service..not the normal multiroom..i can't select it when trying to choose packages.. trying to help reduce the price of astro bills for my dad..he's had enough of the expensive price..just now he bengang say he's oayung expensive price and astro ask him to print his own bills..huhu

This post has been edited by CTU: Jul 4 2017, 11:12 AM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1489sec    0.11    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:01 AM