Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IPTV lag/problem, IPTV or Internet problem?

views

TSJamesBotak
post Dec 22 2016, 11:19 AM, updated 8y ago

Casual
373 posts

So, I'm using Streamyx 8Mbps (no Unifi yet in my area) and I've subscribed to an IPTV service (quite popular here).

But the IPTV is having some lags or more accurately, after playing for a minute or so, it stops completely until I changed to other channel but it will happen again.

I've tried to put the IP on DMZ and it works better but AFAIK, it isn't exactly recommended to use DMZ.

I'd like to do port forwarding but I'm not sure which port should be the port range.

Any idea? icon_question.gif
netmatrix
post Dec 23 2016, 02:13 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

I'm not on Streamyx but on Unifi. I have problems with HyppTV (Unifi IPTV service) that it lags at times throughout the day.

Just 3 days ago i changed the stock Unifi router which is a 4 year old D-Link DIR-615 supplied by TM to a new ASUS RT-12N router. It solved the HyppTV video lag issue.

I can only assume you are using a stock TM router or your router is more than 2 years that you have it on 24/7. You can't detect a failing router. Or an unreliable one even when new.

Buying a new router/ modem for your streamyx would probably be the solution for you.

TSJamesBotak
post Dec 23 2016, 05:24 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Dec 23 2016, 02:13 PM)
I'm not on Streamyx but on Unifi. I have problems with HyppTV (Unifi IPTV service) that it lags at times throughout the day.

Just 3 days ago i changed the stock Unifi router which is a 4 year old D-Link DIR-615 supplied by TM to a new ASUS RT-12N router. It solved the HyppTV video lag issue.

I can only assume you are using a stock TM router or your router is more than 2 years that you have it on 24/7. You can't detect a failing router. Or an unreliable one even when new.

Buying a new router/ modem for your streamyx would probably be the solution for you.
I foresee the same problem. Previously I was on stock Streamyx router but it was struck by lightning hence I changed to my old Asus DSL-N12E which is almost 5 years old and has been running 24/7 for the last 3 years.

When I was using the stock TM router, the lag wasn't as bad as it is now. Well, I guess it's time to shop for a new router.
Mackiddo
post Dec 25 2016, 09:10 PM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

what ever it is, it is still 8mbps no matter what you do. upgrade to a higher speed. I heard got 500mbps now.
kliprift
post Dec 26 2016, 01:21 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

Peak hours on popular channel will lag.
Sharing of Internet will lag
Device too hot will lag
internet problem will lag.

HD channels will lag if on lowened product ( good device will be quad core and 2GB RAM)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:01 PM