Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fixed Deposit Rates In Malaysia V. No.15, Strictly for FD Discussion Only

views

beLIEve
post Aug 28 2017, 03:05 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

Thanks for this very useful thread.

Went to RHB today and they needed at least RM500 in CASA for the <10000 criteria. I cited that it's not in their brochure but they insisted. I've too little money in my CASA.
beLIEve
post Sep 6 2017, 11:36 AM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(StarryNite @ Sep 6 2017, 09:10 AM)
any updates for UOB latest promo?
Just happened to call UOB today and 順便 ask them. 4.08% until end of Oct.
beLIEve
post Dec 27 2018, 04:36 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Dec 18 2018, 01:36 PM)
Managed to renew my ambank FD with the 4.3% 12months rate. Thanks all for sharing
I went to withdraw and was also counter-offered with 4.3%. standard rate is 4.2%. those 50+ only 4.4%.
beLIEve
post Dec 31 2018, 01:37 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(lamode @ Nov 7 2018, 06:02 PM)
one question for maturity date falls on weekend. my case is with ambank, but keen to know for other banks as well.

3rd and 4th Nov is weekend, and the maturity is on 3rd nov. it’s clear there will be interest for 3 and 4 nov if i uplift on monday, 5 nov.

what if i uplift it from 6th onward? will i still get interest for the weekend mentioned above?

sandkoh starry guy3288
I've the same problem here, but instead of Tuesday, I uplift on Monday (today). Due on Saturday 2 days ago. They didn't give me any interest for this 2 days. I called their CS and was informed that I won't get any interest because it's automagically renewed on Saturday.

From the statement above, it's clear that interest will be given if uplift on Monday. Anyone managed to get it automagically without a big complaint?
beLIEve
post Dec 31 2018, 03:19 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(lamode @ Dec 31 2018, 03:12 PM)
just an update, i have gotten it earlier this month for a Ambank FD maturity on Sat and uplift on Monday.
if the branch insist dun have, then either you make big complaint or accept the fact...
Thanks bro. I'll go through the email channel then, or maybe call them again. I forgotten to ask the branch, although they did counter offer for the uplifting citing that if I renew with them, I get interest from Saturday onwards, implicating that I won't get any from Sun-Mon if i uplift.

Update : Just called them again. Gave me a long story and ask me bring my friend (i.e. you since I have to justify my reason) to the branch and check the accounts.

So I'll try email for black and white.

This post has been edited by beLIEve: Dec 31 2018, 03:32 PM
beLIEve
post Jan 1 2019, 03:44 AM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(gsc @ Jan 1 2019, 12:44 AM)
UOB is the best bank in terms of printing the interest clearly on the statement. All banks pay interest based on day.
Agreed. If I've not mistaken, the only reason I went to Ambank was because UOB was reluctant to renew my FD with their promotional rate. Sometimes they give exception, but not last year.

Public Bank also manually calculate the weekend/holiday interest without asking.

QUOTE(gsc @ Jan 1 2019, 12:55 AM)
Last month Dec, I reminded the counter staff on weekend FD maturity. She did include the weekend interest for me.

Am bank promo till 6/1/19

No change
3 mth 4%
6 mth 4.2%
12 mth 4.3%

Senior saver no longer available.
Thanks bro - for confirming the weekend interest.

Dec 31, they still offered me the Senior Saver or whatever 50+ FD. Not sure if that was the last day or whether they know what they're doing. They started with 4.2% a few days ago when I asked, then suddenly 4.3% when I withdraw.
beLIEve
post Jan 16 2019, 04:02 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

lamode gsc
Ambank - Since my last post, I emailed their CS, and of course, took a couple of mails to straighten things out, that's why it took ages that I got the final response today - They'll pay me the weekend interest.

I just asked them politely, what is their official policy for interests/profits of FD that matures on weekend/holidays, because some people gets it, others don't.

p/s : As I posted earlier, phones to 2 different CS already said no interest. So I resorted to email.

This post has been edited by beLIEve: Jan 16 2019, 04:04 PM
beLIEve
post Feb 7 2019, 02:06 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

anyone knows if CIMB 4.4% 1 year FD still on this month? I went to a branch and they said ended in Dec but some of you managed to get it in Jan. They only gave me 4.3%.

When I called last week, they said 4.4% for 6 months only.

This post has been edited by beLIEve: Feb 7 2019, 03:15 PM
beLIEve
post Feb 8 2019, 02:27 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(donhay @ Feb 7 2019, 05:32 PM)
Went to cimb klcc this week, they said no more 4.4 for 6 months, quota reached. So i placed islamic 4.35 for 12 months
Today I clarified with CIMB. Even 4.35% was until before CNY. Yesterday's official notice from HQ is giving 4.3% for 12 months.

And so I placed some today (Friday Feb 8) and the maturity date is Feb 10 2020 (Monday). I don't know if interest/profit is calculated for the 2 weekend days or not. But for sure, I won't be "penalized" for a weekend.
beLIEve
post Feb 12 2019, 07:47 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(thisisyourname @ Feb 11 2019, 09:32 PM)
Not, the UOB if I not remember wrong, not RM 0.65, is RM 2.15.
Only OCBC can RM 0.65.
Starting next month UOB will $5 + 50 cents + SST

Ever since bank negara charge 50 cents for cheques, no more $2.15 loh. It's 2.65

As far as I remember, ambank effective date is immediate when use bank draft. Cheques I assume same.

Maybank2me I don't know, avoided them years ago since they grill me whenever I withdraw. Lazy answer all sorts of questions.
beLIEve
post Feb 12 2019, 09:04 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(thisisyourname @ Feb 12 2019, 08:50 PM)
Thank you for you sharing.

Before I still ask UOB need SST or not, but staff told no need, so all bank need SST, that's mean same like before all want count +SST on bank service?
Before UOB OTC free IBG, now no more.

All I wrote is bankdraft, also mean bank cheque like that, but the website wrote
RM 2 is service fee, RM 0.15 is stamp duty, 1 sheet paper RM 0.15 stamp duty.

The 50 cents for cheque, this is you use the cheque book and you give to other, when other bank in the fee is RM 0.50 like that.

Ambank staff told me bankdraft will delay 2 days same like Maybank.

The BSN also very hard withdraw FD, so many questions you want answers....
You're welcome.

Sorry, I think the 15 cents is stamp duty. I didn't pay much attention as it's a small amount.

the 50 cents is some form of charge to discourage people from using cheques (something like that from Bank Negara).

Just find a bank that doesn't delay 2 days. If I'm going to lose 2 days interest with bank draft, I normally just go another bank.

Again, didn't pay much attention to IBG because it'll take another day to clear by the time I do the transaction. Nowadays Instant Transfer is near free, so I use that even to pay for my credit cards.
beLIEve
post Feb 12 2019, 09:36 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(thisisyourname @ Feb 12 2019, 09:26 PM)
The IBG not bad, if UOB website now RM1, if you 9:30 pm IBG, I think around 3:30pm the fund ready in your account, so you 10 am do IBG in UOB and go to Myabank at 3:30pm, this is still can. This is depend your situation.

No, below RM 5K and have per day limit. The bank want app TAC, so future no more sms TAC, can't use 2G phone.
Yes kua. I normally only transfer as fresh fund when my FD is due. And I only get to do this during lunch. So 9.30am 3.30pm is unlikely going to work for me. I don't like eFD.

beLIEve
post Feb 13 2019, 01:50 AM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(thisisyourname @ Feb 12 2019, 11:59 PM)
If I not wrong today I received 5 ×Your post is reported in Fixed Deposit Rates In Malaysia V. No.15

This is abnormal and unusual.

I think this post out I'll received 6 ×Your post is reported in Fixed Deposit Rates In Malaysia V. No.15
I think I can't use this account anymore, I scary unknown will hack this account and others act soon or in future.
So I only can proof here, before I nothing of this account, so after this, what happen of this account, I think this is not me.

I want deleted this account, but I unable find the option, so I only can make a decision, after 12 Feb 2019(Tue) never login this account anymore, so this account like goodbye, can't use anymore. After this, this account anythings not my business.

Thanks many unknown here reply this account before.
I very apology and sorry of unknown reported me and this account, I not playing and others, but I want stop and treat today event very seriously.
After 12 Feb 2019(Tue) I never login and use this account reply anymore, so please letting go.
No matter what, I also hope Lowyat administrator saw this post, no need contact me and can direct auto help me deleted this account to avoid any hack or unknown situation. Before I only ask and wrote about financial knowledge only, I don't want any bad happen in future, I so worry and scary above, hope unknown can forgive me and this account. I give up this account and think this is Karma. I'll Introspection. Thank you.

I wanted to clarify.
Haha. I think I know the reason. I just saw there is a separate thread for IBG and Instant Transfer. I guess no one bothered to inform you about it.
beLIEve
post Feb 19 2019, 10:55 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

CTR reduced to 25k this year.

So far my name in bank A to my name in bank B no problem.
beLIEve
post Feb 19 2019, 11:08 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Feb 19 2019, 11:02 PM)
Yes.
It mentioned in the link that I attached together if you did click on it.
Ok bro. On phone now, didn't do full reading. Sorry
beLIEve
post Feb 19 2019, 11:23 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(BooYa @ Feb 19 2019, 11:20 PM)
Good to know moving between bank is safe. But what about big amount placed in a few different banks like example

Bank a 500k, bank b 1 mil, bank c 1.5mil, bank d 2 mil

Will that trigger anything?
As long as your money has been taxed accordingly and traceable, they audit you also nothing to worry.

Not many can answer that question. I moved 5 figures only.

This post has been edited by beLIEve: Feb 19 2019, 11:24 PM
beLIEve
post Jun 22 2019, 02:25 AM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(MakcikLum @ Jun 22 2019, 01:56 AM)

"Promotion for for Golden Ager" means how old, 45,50 or 55 years old? Please clarify, thanks.
  smile.gif
Enjoy higher returns of 4.30% p.a. for your 12-month FD when you bundle with your Harvest Savings Account

https://www.hlb.com.my/en/personal-banking/...gs-account.html

Eligibility
50 years old and above.
beLIEve
post Sep 1 2019, 02:47 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(MakcikLum @ Sep 1 2019, 02:37 AM)
Ya lor ... after EPF withdraw, cannot put back and the officer told me even during our working period, if we want to contribute more also cannot, our employer is allow to contribute higher up to 17% only. (and cannot suka-suka this mth 17%, next mth 12%)

that's not true.

retiree or not, you can self contribute upto 60k a year (since you said that you avoid touching the money in EPF, it indicates your account is still active). See https://www.kwsp.gov.my/member/contribution...lf-contribution

for those employed, they can grab some forms and sign up for voluntary contribution beyond the statutory rate. See https://www.kwsp.gov.my/member/contribution...-statutory-rate

This post has been edited by beLIEve: Sep 1 2019, 02:56 PM
beLIEve
post Sep 2 2019, 02:42 AM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Sep 1 2019, 11:21 PM)
The limit is that the total does not exceed 60k per year - I am not quite sure what would happen if say somebody put in 60k say in January - then what happens after to employer and employee statutory contribution.
Nothing happens. They imposed the 60k limit to prevent money laundering (nowadays everything also blame money laundering) I think in 2013. you can websearch if the exact year matters.

there is no limit if contributed through employer. it's called "voluntary contribution" vs "self contribution" for the 60k. So in any year, one can contribute 60k + 11% statutory + x% voluntary through employer.

This post has been edited by beLIEve: Sep 2 2019, 02:49 AM
beLIEve
post Sep 2 2019, 01:14 PM

三軍都督
6,977 posts

QUOTE(Investopedia_90 @ Sep 2 2019, 11:17 AM)
I can find the FD promo of HLB; just can't find the page for UOB :/
Just give them a call : https://www.uob.com.my/default/contact-us.page

I used to do that when info was not available here.

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Sep 2 2019, 12:37 PM)
Thanks for the reply.
Public peer groups perception and mistrust matters, and this is not helped when one has no ready micro level stats to discuss or convince anybody with an opinion. KWSP still has some way to go to understand how to give adequate micro details to change/promote their public perception.
you're most welcome 師父.

I think KWSP has done a lot to educate the public. But rumors triumph.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0376sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:16 AM