Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fixed Deposit Rates In Malaysia V. No.15, Strictly for FD Discussion Only

mamamia
post Nov 16 2018, 11:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Nov 16 2018, 02:07 PM)
At OCBC today Told 4.35 % minimum 10k FF can p1m12 from 15 11 2018. No end date fixed but until target achieved.

At Ambank, still no straight FD promo but got bundle FD.

At CIMB, 4.6 %  p0m6 minimum 10k.
4.3 % p0m12 minimum 10k.
Rate maintain or change on each Monday.

At Maybank, no promo yet.

At RHB, promo still running till 31 12 2018.

4.35 % p0m13 minimum 10k.
4.03 % p0m5 minimum 10k.

At UOB, minimum 10k.

4.35 % p0m10 from 01 10 2018 to 31 12 2018.

From 01 11 2018 to 31 12 2018,
4.25 % p1m12 conventional.
4.15 % p0m7 islamic.
4.3 % p0m12 islamic.
All OTC? CIMB is so desperate.. from 4.4% to 4.6%.. better than priority 4.5%

Deal Hunter
post Nov 16 2018, 11:39 PM

On my way

QUOTE(thisisyourname @ Nov 16 2018, 08:01 PM)
I not like ask the FD info, just like why promotion FD so special, unable like board FD, currency rate... always shown in bank, like poster on wall, want always asking staff and many staff also don't know, call HQ and then the staff phone back me(Before the bank staff said nobody ask BSA account and promotion FD, so my act weird or trouble person.)
Just like many bank don't like customer apply BSA, and more likely customer apply bank card with annual fee.
Boring deal with the bank staff, so you hope can avoid feeling, this is maybe impact me, no ask FD and I failure put FD via eFD. I make myself mistake like that.

Not about here or above problems, just I not happy of my mistake like that.
You OMG not understand, I also don't know how to explain, so never mind, I off this topic, no need reply this kind event.
We have to deal with many banks and branches interactions. But the most important person is yourself.

Usually different branches have different ways on how FD promos are handled complicated by person in charge and new or transferred staff. As in any other recurring surveys, it is to your own interest to train the bank staff to recognise as to what they should say quickly or write for you in just one line.

If it is inadequate, ask the missing part.

Then say and show what you wrote in one line to the bank person, preferably also showing and saying other competitive bank rates lines. A few times and they will know how to exchange the info efficiently and even maybe adjust their rates higher specially for you without even negotiating.

What we do not want is a number of sentences or missed sentences wasting everyones time. Like me, just enter, they recognise, the one on duty comes and tell me the line and even ask for the competitors lines. Or they will just write down.

Usually the printed paper/brochure is for newbies and too longwinded and may miss the essential one line info. Then need to write the one line info and show to educate.

The above is just part of what is needed to do for quick survey and negotiate FD rates. It is good to be fast so that can cover/confirm and not miss the best offers and have time to place the FDs.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Nov 16 2018, 11:46 PM
Deal Hunter
post Nov 16 2018, 11:55 PM

On my way

QUOTE(mamamia @ Nov 16 2018, 11:12 PM)
All OTC? CIMB is so desperate.. from 4.4% to 4.6%.. better than priority 4.5%
Nice. As long as not bang balls sometime in the week becuz placed at lower rates somewhere becuz no heads up. biggrin.gif
Anyway, where got fight with BR 4.5 %? So 4.6 % makes sense to compete instead of 4.4 % No eye see.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Yesterday, 12:01 AM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0740sec    3.01    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 01:59 PM