Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fixed Deposit Rates In Malaysia V. No.15, Strictly for FD Discussion Only

mamamia
post Nov 16 2018, 11:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Nov 16 2018, 02:07 PM)
At OCBC today Told 4.35 % minimum 10k FF can p1m12 from 15 11 2018. No end date fixed but until target achieved.

At Ambank, still no straight FD promo but got bundle FD.

At CIMB, 4.6 %  p0m6 minimum 10k.
4.3 % p0m12 minimum 10k.
Rate maintain or change on each Monday.

At Maybank, no promo yet.

At RHB, promo still running till 31 12 2018.

4.35 % p0m13 minimum 10k.
4.03 % p0m5 minimum 10k.

At UOB, minimum 10k.

4.35 % p0m10 from 01 10 2018 to 31 12 2018.

From 01 11 2018 to 31 12 2018,
4.25 % p1m12 conventional.
4.15 % p0m7 islamic.
4.3 % p0m12 islamic.
All OTC? CIMB is so desperate.. from 4.4% to 4.6%.. better than priority 4.5%

Deal Hunter
post Nov 16 2018, 11:39 PM

On my way

QUOTE(thisisyourname @ Nov 16 2018, 08:01 PM)
I not like ask the FD info, just like why promotion FD so special, unable like board FD, currency rate... always shown in bank, like poster on wall, want always asking staff and many staff also don't know, call HQ and then the staff phone back me(Before the bank staff said nobody ask BSA account and promotion FD, so my act weird or trouble person.)
Just like many bank don't like customer apply BSA, and more likely customer apply bank card with annual fee.
Boring deal with the bank staff, so you hope can avoid feeling, this is maybe impact me, no ask FD and I failure put FD via eFD. I make myself mistake like that.

Not about here or above problems, just I not happy of my mistake like that.
You OMG not understand, I also don't know how to explain, so never mind, I off this topic, no need reply this kind event.
We have to deal with many banks and branches interactions. But the most important person is yourself.

Usually different branches have different ways on how FD promos are handled complicated by person in charge and new or transferred staff. As in any other recurring surveys, it is to your own interest to train the bank staff to recognise as to what they should say quickly or write for you in just one line.

If it is inadequate, ask the missing part.

Then say and show what you wrote in one line to the bank person, preferably also showing and saying other competitive bank rates lines. A few times and they will know how to exchange the info efficiently and even maybe adjust their rates higher specially for you without even negotiating.

What we do not want is a number of sentences or missed sentences wasting everyones time. Like me, just enter, they recognise, the one on duty comes and tell me the line and even ask for the competitors lines. Or they will just write down.

Usually the printed paper/brochure is for newbies and too longwinded and may miss the essential one line info. Then need to write the one line info and show to educate.

The above is just part of what is needed to do for quick survey and negotiate FD rates. It is good to be fast so that can cover/confirm and not miss the best offers and have time to place the FDs.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Nov 16 2018, 11:46 PM
Deal Hunter
post Nov 16 2018, 11:55 PM

On my way

QUOTE(mamamia @ Nov 16 2018, 11:12 PM)
All OTC? CIMB is so desperate.. from 4.4% to 4.6%.. better than priority 4.5%
Nice. As long as not bang balls sometime in the week becuz placed at lower rates somewhere becuz no heads up. biggrin.gif
Anyway, where got fight with BR 4.5 %? So 4.6 % makes sense to compete instead of 4.4 % No eye see.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Nov 17 2018, 12:01 AM
muscaa
post Today, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Nov 16 2018, 11:55 PM)
Nice. As long as not bang balls sometime in the week becuz placed at lower rates somewhere becuz no heads up. biggrin.gif
Anyway, where got fight with BR 4.5 %? So 4.6 % makes sense to compete instead of 4.4 % No eye see.
CIMB clicks is down today! Useless bankšŸ¤¬
lowya
post Today, 11:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!

cimbclicks.com.my website is down right now?
lowya
post Today, 11:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(muscaa @ Nov 19 2018, 11:42 AM)
CIMB clicks is down today! Useless bankšŸ¤¬
just as i thought, useless bank and uesless branch manager unable to give any info about 4.6% promo.

suddenly felt insecure deposited big bulk with this bank, should have diversified with other banks.

This post has been edited by lowya: Today, 11:53 AM
apalexar
post Today, 11:55 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 19 2018, 11:51 AM)
just as i thought, useless bank and uesless branch manager unable to give any info about 4.6% promo.

suddenly felt unsecured deposited big bulk with this bank, should have diversified with other banks.
It's protected by PIDM so just don't exceed the limit covered by PIDM and it should be fine laugh.gif
Thanks for the eFD link btw
lowya
post Today, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 19 2018, 11:55 AM)
It's protected by PIDM so just don't exceed the limit covered by PIDM and it should be fine  laugh.gif
Thanks for the eFD link btw
maybe the link caused the website to crash on the monday morning, lol.
apalexar
post Today, 12:09 PM

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 19 2018, 12:03 PM)
maybe the link caused the website to crash on the monday morning, lol.
Ahaha, I did think about it too
Just placed a eFD this morning and plan to put another one just now and found the system down
Hopefully it still available after the system is up again or else I need to go to branch and waste time..
cybpsych
post Today, 12:16 PM

---------------------

cimbclicks back up. can login.
David_Yang
post Today, 12:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Nov 19 2018, 01:16 PM)
and the 4.5 promo survived the update rclxms.gif
lowya
post Today, 01:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!

can someone confirm the 4.6% promo which branch and the details pls?
ZoomGarde
post Today, 02:03 PM

Getting Started

Ya.. i ask 3 branch also dunno 4.6

Are u guys sure got such 4.6 going around ??
TOMEI-R
post Today, 02:05 PM

Extraordinaire

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Nov 19 2018, 12:16 PM)
Down again. doh.gif
kinrarateoh
post Today, 02:09 PM

Group: Newbie

Just checked with CIMB, Taman Kinrara and was told currently promotion is for 12 Months at 4.3%. No 4.6% promotion.

Affin Bank Taman Kinrara offers 4.55% for 15 months min fund 25k with another 5K deposit in savings acct which earns u the right to participate in lucky draw.

You can deposit 500 in the savings instead but rates will be slightly lower.

Can call up and check with their Marketing & Sles Exec, Ms Yvonne Tay at 03-80703403 or 012-3652333

cybpsych
post Today, 04:41 PM

---------------------

Exclusively for new AmBank SIGNATURE Priority Banking customers: Our AmStar Current Account + Fixed Deposit Bundle Double Rewards Promotion!

RM50 cashback when you maintain RM10,000 fresh funds in AmStar Current account for 1 month PLUS enjoy high interest rate of 4.40% p.a. for new FD placement of 12 months; maximum placement of RM200,0000! Visit https://www.ambank.com.my/eng/promotions-pa...PriorityBanking for details.

user posted image

Deal Hunter
post Today, 05:58 PM

On my way

QUOTE(kinrarateoh @ Nov 19 2018, 02:09 PM)
Just checked with CIMB, Taman Kinrara and was told currently promotion is for 12 Months at 4.3%.Ā  No 4.6% promotion.

Affin Bank Taman Kinrara offers 4.55% for 15 months min fund 25k with another 5K deposit in savings acct which earns u the right to participate in lucky draw.

You can deposit 500 in the savings instead but rates will be slightly lower.

Can call up and check with their Marketing & Sles Exec, Ms Yvonne Tay at 03-80703403 or 012-3652333
Finally kinrarateoh caught on to my post #8919 on 2 Nov 2018.

"Anybody with Affin recently? Is the 4.5% and 4.55% still ongoing?"

I did not specify more details as not sure whether specific to old customer at FD officer's discretion at that Affin branch - but just to let on/hint that something like that rate is going on. I went back and found that my senior savings rate had gone down. doh.gif

CIMB offer was at OTC 4.6 % for only 6 months (not the 12 months at 4.3 % which was also mentioned) with payment on maturity p0m6. That was at Friday 16 the end of that week, thus this Monday 19 Nov is another story. I don't like this kind of promo by the week style started by Ambank and now copycat by CIMB, as rates changes and difficult to decide how to park and allocate cashflow to handle such variations.
I only did a late walk around after giving banks some time to react to OPR and economist comments. Not to be confused with the eFD online placement which posters are talking about.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Today, 06:23 PM
Deal Hunter
post Today, 06:02 PM

On my way

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Nov 19 2018, 04:41 PM)
Exclusively for new AmBank SIGNATURE Priority Banking customers: Our AmStar Current Account + Fixed Deposit Bundle Double Rewards Promotion!

RM50 cashback when you maintain RM10,000 fresh funds in AmStar Current account for 1 month PLUS enjoy high interest rate of 4.40% p.a. for new FD placement of 12 months; maximum placement of RM200,0000! Visit https://www.ambank.com.my/eng/promotions-pa...PriorityBanking for details.

user posted image
It is for NEW AmBank SIGNATURE priority Banking customer. Already another bundle this Monday 19 November. doh.gif
thisisyourname
post Today, 06:49 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Nov 19 2018, 05:58 PM)
Finally kinrarateoh caught on to my post #8919 on 2 Nov 2018.

"Anybody with Affin recently? Is the 4.5% and 4.55% still ongoing?"

I did not specify more details as not sure whether specific to old customer at FD officer's discretion at that Affin branch - but just to let on/hint that something like that rate is going on. I went back and found that my senior savings rate had gone down. :x

CIMB offer was at OTC 4.6 % for only 6 months (not the 12 months at 4.3 % which was also mentioned) with payment on maturity p0m6. That was at Friday 16 the end of that week, thus this Monday 19 NovĀ  is another story. I don't like this kind of promo by the week style started by Ambank and now copycat by CIMB, as rates changes and difficult to decide how to park and allocate cashflow to handle such variations.
I only did a late walk around after giving banks some time to react to OPR and economist comments. Not to be confused with the eFD online placement which posters are talking about.
Dear hunter,

When Sat I saw your reply, I mood come so busy wrote to you till miss the ASM and other reason I miss ASM, I very unhappy and regret...
I double mistake, unhappy of eFD and then ASM, so I ready know I something wrong.
Time can't go back, so I off topic, just want emotion my cry events. Maybe Karma.
Really want try forgot above. Not want remember above.

I ask CIMB ticket staff, the ticket staff check system the new high also 4.45%, then, ask manager and HQ, also unable 4.6%, finally CIMB quote 4.45%, preview week also 4.45%, 1 year same like your report.
If not your info, maybe 4.4% only, when you ask ticket staff or OTC staff I think is 4.4%, cause board also 4.4%.
Just like you want ask, so get you more +0.05%. If you don't know and silent maybe only 4.4%.
Above not need nego, just you don't know, can't do any, when you sure, you can challenge this.
If you not wrote here, I not possible can know, cause everything is like I use your info ask ticket staff, not the ticket staff told me.
Every Monday CIMB branch will renew the FD rate, so if without your info, maybe only 4.4%. Thank you. The ticker staff keep this like secret, the ticket staff know answer, but not told me.
Without your info, we don't know now every Monday CIMB branch will change their FD rate. Thank you.
So, all of you very hardworking chasing high rate, so if bank short on money will desperate, the FD promotion rate will ok.

I believe you and others info, but just like Karma, unable get it.
You can get 4.6% this is top high, the staff also like challenge me, 10k can get this? This rate so high. Congratulation! Maybe you're nice nice, so can get this.
Thank you for your teach like that.
They willing answer, not about waste time, just I something wrong, I not like ask... or don't have info, I shy to ask.
You nice nice like that, I don't know ASNB but I encourage you can consider buy some. If any don't blame me, cause not PIDM....

The BomChaCha no need worry CIMB and UOB, I think CIMB and UOB auto paid you sat, sun and public holiday interest. No need ask, computer will self generate. This 2 bank I think system more ok in calculation interest, the interest give customer will equal or more and never less.

This post has been edited by thisisyourname: Today, 06:53 PM
thisisyourname
post Today, 07:05 PM

Getting Started

Maybe before experience with some bank staff feeling not ok, so this make me not like ask like that or like if you don't know "every Monday CIMB branch will change their FD rate", you unable think out this situation, so always like after you step trap, you'll know it and only can better luck next time.

Thank you for your sharing. Just feeling you share cause you also hope others can get it. Your info update than staff and I think the important you willing tell and teach.

This post has been edited by thisisyourname: Today, 07:06 PM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0834sec    3.91    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 07:09 PM