Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fixed Deposit Rates In Malaysia V. No.15, Strictly for FD Discussion Only

views

??!!
post Yesterday, 05:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,277 posts

QUOTE(sweetpea123 @ Jan 25 2021, 09:06 PM)
Nice, thanks
No, it wasnt weekend, in fact I placed twice and it was the same, effective date 2 days later. I guessed they changed their SOP now. I have to show her this.
aduh, the officer damn blur, she said, my branch is still doing it manually (meaning still 2 days later), I will try to place one now and show her. tongue.gif.

Update :  OK tried, yes, effective date starts today and appeared automatically in system, but for some reason, I couldnt choose conventional, dont know why
I kena before many,many moons ago, Affin's so called eFD was just a mechanism for one to 'lock-in' the rate and amount online.( eg we cannot/don't want go to branch for some reason). After online placement, money will be deducted from CASA immediately, but no show no FD online , even the next day. Branch will be alerted to view the 'online' placement ( 2-3 working days later). Depositor has to go to the branch and sign their stack of forms and collect the physical cert. So, it's not eFD placement as what it is now. However , it serves its purpose for one to lock in the FD placement effective date on the day it is 'locked-in' via Affin online.
GrumpyNooby
post Yesterday, 06:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,639 posts

QUOTE(GrumpyNooby @ Jan 26 2021, 08:23 AM)
Affin eFD campaign (campaign poster & TnC not out yet)

Chinese New Year eFD/eTD-i Campaign

Promotion Period : 21 January 2021 to 15 February 2021

Promotional Rate:
a. 1 month - 2.00% p.a.
b. 3 months - 2.30% p.a.
c. 6 months - 2.40% p.a.
d. 8 months - 2.40% p.a.
e. 12 months - 2.45% p.a.

Minimum Placement Amount For Each Certificate RM10,000
Maximum Placement Amount For Each Certificate RM200,000
Poster and T&C are out:

user posted image

Usher in an Oxpicious CNY with Fixed Deposit/Term Deposit-i (FD/TD-i).

Campaign Period:
21 January – 15 February 2021

This is also applicable via eFixed Deposit (eFD)/eTerm Deposit-i (eTD-i). FD/TD-i/eFD/eTD-i and AFFIN INVIKTA Account/Account-i are protected by PIDM up to RM250,000 for each depositor.

Higher FD rate for AFFIN INVIKTA™:
user posted image

Click here for Oxpicious Chinese New Year (CNY) with Fixed Deposit Campaign’s full terms and conditions..
https://www.affinonline.com/AFFINONLINE/med...ampaign-ENG.pdf

Click here for Oxpicious Chinese New Year (CNY) with Term Deposit-i Campaign’s full terms and conditions.
https://www.affinonline.com/AFFINONLINE/med...ith-TD-i_EN.pdf

This post has been edited by GrumpyNooby: Yesterday, 07:17 PM
sweetpea123
post Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(??!! @ Jan 26 2021, 05:11 PM)
I kena before many,many moons ago, Affin's so called eFD was just a mechanism for one to 'lock-in' the rate and amount online.( eg we cannot/don't want go to branch for some reason). After online placement, money will be deducted from CASA immediately, but no show no FD online , even the next day. Branch will be alerted to view the 'online' placement ( 2-3 working days later). Depositor has to go to the branch and sign their stack of forms and collect the physical cert. So, it's not eFD placement as what it is now. However , it serves its purpose for one to lock in the FD placement effective date on the day it is 'locked-in' via Affin online.
And we lose 2-3 days interest in the process. Anyway, i withdrew the efd today, it was immediately credited back into my savings acc. Test completed. 😁

QUOTE(GrumpyNooby @ Jan 26 2021, 06:08 PM)
Poster and T&C are out:

user posted image

Usher in an Oxpicious CNY with Fixed Deposit/Term Deposit-i (FD/TD-i).

Campaign Period:
21 January – 15 February 2021

This is also applicable via eFixed Deposit (eFD)/eTerm Deposit-i (eTD-i). FD/TD-i/eFD/eTD-i and AFFIN INVIKTA Account/Account-i are protected by PIDM up to RM250,000 for each depositor.

Higher FD rate for AFFIN INVIKTA™:
user posted image

Click here for Oxpicious Chinese New Year (CNY) with Fixed Deposit Campaign’s full terms and conditions..
https://www.affinonline.com/AFFINONLINE/med...ampaign-ENG.pdf

Click here for Oxpicious Chinese New Year (CNY) with Term Deposit-i Campaign’s full terms and conditions.
https://www.affinonline.com/AFFINONLINE/med...ith-TD-i_EN.pdf
INVIKTA. It's their Preferred Banking I guess https://www.affinonline.com/affin_invikta

C. AFFIN INVIKTA FD Promotional Rates

7. To be eligible for AFFIN INVIKTA™ FD promotional rates, Eligible Customer must open AFFIN
INVIKTA™ Account and maintain RM50,000 in the account during the tenure of FD.
8. For AFFIN INVIKTA™ FD promotional rates, the Eligible Customer will be entitled for FD
promotional rates as per table below:

Promotional
Rate (p.a.)
RM50,000 RM100,000 RM5,000,000
1 2.00%
3 2.35 %
6 2.43%
8 2.43%
12 2.48%

This post has been edited by sweetpea123: Yesterday, 08:24 PM
??!!
post Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,277 posts

QUOTE(sweetpea123 @ Jan 26 2021, 07:55 PM)
And we lose 2-3 days interest in the process.

No loss of interest as the FD is dated on date of online transaction.
Only irritant is ..still have to collect cert at branch.
It's like online booking for a otc FD
sweetpea123
post Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(??!! @ Jan 26 2021, 10:41 PM)
No loss of interest as the FD is dated on date of online transaction.
Only irritant is ..still have to collect cert at branch.
It's like online booking for a otc FD
I have been shortchanged then. ranting.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0262sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th January 2021 - 05:36 AM