709 Pages « < 605 606 607 608 609 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fixed Deposit Rates In Malaysia V. No.15, Strictly for FD Discussion Only

views

cclim2011
post Jul 15 2019, 04:28 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(frozz@holic @ Jul 15 2019, 02:07 PM)
Anyone know does affin have BSA with the online banking ability ?
(via virtual atm card or other method)
basic saving, atm card, 8 times max no charge withdrawal a month, can log in internet banking.
cybpsych
post Jul 15 2019, 04:47 PM

---------------------
All Stars
47,881 posts

PB Enterprise FD Campaign

Please be informed that Public Bank is launching the “PB Enterprise FD Campaign”. The Campaign will run from 15 July 2019 to 30 September 2019.

Click here for the Campaign’s Terms and Conditions in English.

6-Month 3.60% p.a., min RM30,000 per receipt

Human Nature
post Jul 15 2019, 08:58 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
18,019 posts

BR 4.28% 11 months

Let's say for RM10000 deposit, interest at the end of tenure is RM392.33

Is this calculation correct?
SunBear1999
post Jul 15 2019, 09:22 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jul 15 2019, 05:58 PM)
BR 4.28% 11 months

SunBear1999
post Jul 15 2019, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(SunBear1999 @ Jul 15 2019, 06:22 PM)

Yes correct 🤗👍
Deal Hunter
post Jul 15 2019, 09:26 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(Hasuu @ Jul 15 2019, 03:43 PM)
Hi, sorry if I'm getting it wrong but if opting for Affin's 4.23% Islamic 15month, it would mean it's 3.384% (4.23÷15×12) on a 12-month basis right? Wouldn't it be better if I opt for something with a higher rate for 12 months?
Do I have to open a CASA account with them at their branch first and then opening the e-FD account afterwards?
Higher rate - so are you going to place at Bank Rakyat 4.28 % p.a. with your choice to credit interest every month or at the end into your Bank Rakyat CASA account of your choice (p01m11 @ 4.28 % p.a.)?

Yes you got it wrong about the Affin rate. It is 4.23 % p.a. Not 4.23 % return after 15 months.
Yes you have to open a CASA account by going to the correct mix branch which have both Affin Bank and Affin Islamic Bank together in the same branch building. Don't simply go to the wrong place.
No you do not open an eFD for this. This promo must go do there over the counter OTC.

For info on FD promos, if never mention specifically anything else always usually mean per annum for the interest rate and effective interest rate, and minimum 10k per placement OTC.

If you place at Affin, the IBD for the periodic p663m15 payments are at 164 days + 182 days + 92 days for this July.

As a tip, you should note that placing on Wednesday or Thursday this July will result in the Maturity Dates on Saturday or Sunday in October 2020.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Jul 15 2019, 10:34 PM
Deal Hunter
post Jul 15 2019, 10:00 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jul 15 2019, 08:58 PM)
BR 4.28% 11 months

No it is wrong. You still have no basic idea about how the interest is actually calculated by banks based on Interest Bearing Days (IBD).

If you place in July, you will usually get 393.99 based on 336 IBD.

If you place in August, you willl usualy get 392.82 based on 335 IBD.

I won't explain about unusual exception cases as you obviously won't even understand yet how to benefit from them.

Click "Show posts by this member only" to read my previous posts on the peculiarities of calendar arithmetic in FD so that you won't lose money and also to gain more money. Most folks do not have any idea at all what they are missing by simply operating buta buita.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Jul 15 2019, 10:14 PM
Human Nature
post Jul 15 2019, 10:20 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
18,019 posts

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Jul 15 2019, 10:00 PM)
No it is wrong. You still have no basic idea about how the interest is actually calculated by banks based on Interest Bearing Days (IBD).

If you place in July, you will usually get 393.99 based on 336 IBD.

If you place in August, you willl usualy get 392.82 based on 335 IBD.

I won't explain about unusual  exception cases as you obviously won't even understand yet how to benefit from them.

Click "Show posts by this member only" to read my previous posts on the peculiarities of calendar arithmetic in FD so that you won't lose money and also to gain more money. Most folks do not have any idea at all what they are missing by simply operating buta buita.
i know the difference between the no of days in a different month. I am using a simplistic calculation in my example.
MakcikLum
post Jul 16 2019, 12:22 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(majorarmstrong @ Jul 15 2019, 03:45 PM)
user posted image
Is this cover by PIDM ?
e-FD can or not ?
Thanks ! smile.gif
Hasuu P
post Jul 16 2019, 12:31 AM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Jul 15 2019, 09:26 PM)
Higher rate - so are you going to place at Bank Rakyat 4.28 % p.a. with your choice to credit interest every month or at the end into your Bank Rakyat CASA account of your choice (p01m11 @ 4.28 % p.a.)?

Yes you got it wrong about the Affin rate. It is 4.23 % p.a. Not 4.23 % return after 15 months.
Yes you have to open a CASA account by going to the correct mix branch which have both Affin Bank and Affin Islamic Bank together in the same branch building. Don't simply go to the wrong place.
No you do not open an eFD for this. This promo must go do there over the counter OTC.

For info on FD promos, if never mention specifically anything else always usually mean per annum for the interest rate and effective interest rate, and minimum 10k per placement OTC.

If you place at Affin, the IBD for the periodic p663m15 payments are at 164 days + 182 days + 92 days for this July.

As a tip, you should note that placing on Wednesday or Thursday this July will result in the Maturity Dates on Saturday or Sunday in October 2020.
Thank you for the explanation! the eFD I mentioned was for the HLB one, but in this case, I will try and place my funds in Affin
Wong Kit yew
post Jul 16 2019, 06:08 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(MakcikLum @ Jul 16 2019, 12:22 AM)
Is this cover by PIDM ?
e-FD can or not ?
Thanks !  smile.gif
No PIDM protection. It's over the counter only.
pcito
post Jul 16 2019, 09:19 AM

5 posts

Hi to all sifu, a newbie here. Let say i have my money in maybank and i would like to make a 3 month FD at HLB. What the correct way to do it? Considering i dont have any account other than Maybank. Thx a lot in advance
hammerjit
post Jul 16 2019, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(pcito @ Jul 16 2019, 09:19 AM)
Hi to all sifu, a newbie here. Let say i have my money in maybank and i would like to make a 3 month FD at HLB. What the correct way to do it? Considering i dont have any account other than Maybank. Thx a lot in advance
- Are you referring to the eFD promotion on HLB? If yes, read on below

You will need to open a CASA account at HLB and sign up the online banking. From there you can proceed to transfer money electronically.

As mentioned in TnC

"The Promotion is open to individuals who are the primary accountholders of a HLB Current or Savings account/ HLISB Current or Savings account-i(“CASA / CASA-i”) and who have registered for Hong Leong Connectprior to or during the Promotion Period(“Customers”). For the avoidance of doubt, joint CASA / CASA-i holders are NOT eligible to open or operate an Online Fixed Deposit / Online Fixed Deposit-i Account (“eFD / eFD-i”) and NOT eligible to participate in the Promotion"

"For the purpose of this Promotion, all placement(s)of deposits must befrom other banks via Financial Process Exchanges (“FPX”). FPX is a secure online payment method that facilitates interbank transfer of funds,facilitated by Payments Network Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (“PayNet”).Further details can be viewed at https://www.paynet.my/business-fpx.html "

Refer to this: (How to place eFixed Deposit/-i on Connect Online Banking?)

https://www.hlb.com.my/en/personal-banking/...fd-i-promo.html

This post has been edited by hammerjit: Jul 16 2019, 09:24 AM
Silfer
post Jul 16 2019, 10:36 AM

Enthusiast
766 posts

Hi, noob question here. How do I withdraw my FD from Maybank? Cause I tried uplifting from Maybank classic, under "make an upliftment" can't find it. It's Islamic fixed deposit.
csbong87
post Jul 16 2019, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

any latest FD promotion from CIMB ?
avdnowhere
post Jul 16 2019, 12:44 PM

20 posts

I've just made a placement at CIMB Jaya One.
3.85% for 6 months.
Lazy to go to other bank. biggrin.gif
Silfer
post Jul 16 2019, 01:06 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(bigfanofcars @ Jul 16 2019, 11:50 AM)
generally if you make FD placement over the counter,  the same way you need to go to counter to redeem it
Thanks!
CardNoob
post Jul 16 2019, 01:20 PM

Wild Dog
1,457 posts

Maybank Now Allows Seamless Switching From Conventional Account To Islamic Account Online

https://ringgitplus.com/en/blog/Personal-Fi...vqBF7uTJd5vR6Ww
Deal Hunter
post Jul 16 2019, 01:33 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(pcito @ Jul 16 2019, 09:19 AM)
THINGS TO KNOW AND DO FIRST BEFORE GOING BIG AT HL DIGITAL DAYS FPX p0m3 @ 3.77 % p.a. PROMO

For 3 monhs FD or TD-i at board rate (not promo), you need to go to the branch to place over the counter OTC. There is no selection for placing tenures by eFD in the Hong Leong Bank website.

For the Digital Days eFD promo from 8 July to 21 July p0m3 @ 3.77 % p.a., minimum 10k placement through FPX method.

You need to open a sole individual CASA or CASA-i account (not joint or company) and link to HL internet banking before can do any FPX type eFD. Best to do both immediately at the HL bank at the same time and confirm working with help from staff if needed

To place, you need to log into the HongLeong bank website and select to place new FD. Click on the Yes for payment from other banks to select your bank (Maybank). Not the No (ie internal funds in HL account is not recognisable as fresh funds) which is a dead end as you cannot do anything even if you had mistakenly just transferred in money.

You need to pick the CASA account to credit in the interest at the end of 3 months.The bank program is smart enough to identify sole individual CASA account for you to choose and will not show non-qualified joint accounts etc. In your case, it will only show one choice to pick.

You can put it anything between a minimum of 10k to a maximum of 200k for one placement.

You also have to select a bank (Maybank for you) where the fresh fund comes from. After accepting the 3 reminders and then proceed to open another screen for FPX login at your source bank. However, you may have 3 problems after putting in the number to be tranferred by FPX after filling in the details. The FPX limit per transaction in your source bank is lower than the desired principal. The total amount limit for a day for your FPX is set lower. The source bank's maximum permitted total amount for FPX a day is below the particular principal or sum of multiple principal placements/transfers done for the day. Or if you are doing multiple FPX, you may exceeded the number of FPX transactions set. To avoid this interruption, you should had checked and reset your FPX transaction, total and number of transactions per day limits at your source bank either through their website or adjusted OTC for some less friendly banks. I am not naming these banks but just let you know that it is like that to spoil things.

For those going big, you may also need to check and plan beforehand whether the total multiple principal placements can actually be achieved (maximum number of FPX per day x maximum FPX amount per transaction). Some people bungle and find this unachievable because already used up maximum number of FPX per day by carelessly putting less in some FPX transaction as they thought can because source bank maximum total for FPX per day appeared adequate to cover!

As an indivdual you can place multiple eFD and FPX transaction up to a maximum of 2M. Again this is subject to how much you are allowed by your source banks. If in a rush, you can use different bank sources to overcome total FPX limits of source banks - but this is applicable to preparing for usually one day promos. You can place between 6 am to 11.59 pm each day.

After placing, you will be notified through you email (another pre-requirement). You may have a worrying delay in notification of up to 2 working days (clause 13 of TnC) and delay in Effective Date. There can also be a delay in showing your eFD in the website depending on circumstances.

The above covers nearly all the complaints about how the FPX method for eFD did not work and what preparations are required.

For those not going for 3 months HL eFD promo, can try the Bank Rakyat promo 15 July to 15 October 2019 at p01m7 at 3.98 % p.a or p01m11 at 4.28 % p.a. 10k FF OTC.

This post has been edited by Deal Hunter: Jul 17 2019, 12:16 PM
chicaman
post Jul 16 2019, 03:11 PM

( ;゚Д゚) t(-.-t)
9,209 posts

QUOTE(Deal Hunter @ Jul 15 2019, 09:26 PM)

Affin 4.23% is PIDM protected?

709 Pages « < 605 606 607 608 609 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0471sec    1.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th December 2019 - 10:22 PM