selling off motorbike.

views

TSheyamazingpeople
post Dec 18 2016, 11:39 PM, updated 8y ago

Casual
319 posts

Hi guys,

i have a few questions in regard to sell off my motorbike:

-the road tax is expired, do i have to get it renew to sell it off?
-anyone can recommend me second hand / dealer shops that can buy over my motorbike in PJ area?

Thanks in advance.

digilife
post Dec 18 2016, 11:43 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
8,024 posts

It it have not expired over 365days, no need to send to JPJ for inspection before ownership transfer is allow.

What bike is that you what to sell ?

Post it in garage sale
haturaya
post Dec 31 2016, 09:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Dec 18 2016, 11:39 PM)
Hi guys,

-anyone can recommend me second hand / dealer shops that can buy over my motorbike in PJ area?

Thanks in advance.
No need if less than a year.

Put on mudah.

Shop will buy it for 50% less than market value. sweat.gif
TSheyamazingpeople
post Jan 1 2017, 11:29 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Dec 31 2016, 09:44 AM)
No need if less than a year.

Put on mudah.

Shop will buy it for 50% less than market value.  sweat.gif
hi,

thanks for both of your replies.
yea, the shop value is bad.
Similar specs and year of motorbike on the internet is selling about RM 1,300 but the shop will just offer max RM 800.

Posted mine on the internet but not much response also.
Perhaps motorbike is not popular anymore.

Thanks again. smile.gif

haturaya
post Jan 2 2017, 07:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Jan 1 2017, 11:29 PM)
hi,

thanks for both of your replies.
yea, the shop value is bad.
Similar specs and year of motorbike on the internet is selling about RM 1,300 but the shop will just offer max RM 800.

Posted mine on the internet but not much response also.
Perhaps motorbike is not popular anymore.

Thanks again. smile.gif
How about posting on university campuses / hostels. Normally plenty of new student looking for a bike. hmm.gif
Izwan898
post Jan 2 2017, 07:05 AM

MrNastey
936 posts

What bike bro
TSheyamazingpeople
post Jan 2 2017, 02:11 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Jan 2 2017, 07:00 AM)
How about posting on university campuses / hostels. Normally plenty of new student looking for a bike.  hmm.gif
that is a good idea. smile.gif
Thanks for the suggestion.

QUOTE(Izwan898 @ Jan 2 2017, 07:05 AM)
What bike bro
Suzuki Smash 110, year 2005.

Nub!
post Jan 29 2017, 02:43 PM

Casual
478 posts

QUOTE(digilife @ Dec 18 2016, 11:43 PM)
It it have not expired over 365days, no need to send to JPJ for inspection before ownership transfer is allow.

What bike is  that you what to sell ?

Post it in garage sale
Hi digilife. Does that mean if is expired more than 365 days I have to get it inspected only I can do transfer ownership?

My plan was transfer ownership first and then only do inspection + insurance + road tax.

My old bike is does not belong to my name. But I need to make it my name for number plate transfer reason. Then i got my buyer for my old bike only do inspection, road tax and insurance for him/her.

Thanks.
mADmAN
post Feb 1 2017, 12:07 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

basically any name transfer requires inspection....ur road tax doesnt matter.

in regards to road tax....if ur road tax has expired more than a year, u need to send for inspection first before being able to renew the roadtax.
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 2 2017, 12:37 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Dec 19 2016, 12:39 AM)
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
Roadtax is not an issue when selling the bike.

However, it is a requirement for the buyer when buying.

All the buyer has to do is buy new insurance and fresh roadtax when transferring ownership at JPJ, all the seller has to do is sign the transfer of ownership documents and get your money.

But if the roadtax has expired for over a year, then you will have to bring the bike to PUSPAKOM for inspection because otherwise the buyer will not be able to obtain a fresh roadtax for it.

ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 2 2017, 12:47 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Feb 1 2017, 01:07 AM)
basically any name transfer requires inspection....
Actually no.

While this is true for cars, PUSPAKOM inspection isn't required for motorcycles.

The last time I bought a bike, it was from a chap out in the boondocks in Tg Karang. Such a nice bike languishing in the shed, the roadtax had expired for 11 months. I paid him the cash, got the relevant documents from him, rode the bike to JPJ Maju Junction, bought insurance, transferred the ownership and got a new roadtax. So simple.

When I sold my Volvo, however, I had to get rid of the window tint and drive it to PUSPAKOM. The inspection pass certificate was required for transfer of ownership.

mADmAN
post Feb 2 2017, 02:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Feb 2 2017, 12:47 PM)
Actually no.

While this is true for cars, PUSPAKOM inspection isn't required for motorcycles.

The last time I bought a bike, it was from a chap out in the boondocks in Tg Karang. Such a nice bike languishing in the shed, the roadtax had expired for 11 months. I paid him the cash, got the relevant documents from him, rode the bike to JPJ Maju Junction, bought insurance, transferred the ownership and got a new roadtax. So simple.

When I sold my Volvo, however, I had to get rid of the window tint and drive it to PUSPAKOM. The inspection pass certificate was required for transfer of ownership.
odd...when i bought my bike it had to go through puspakom
adamhzm90
post Feb 2 2017, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,269 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Feb 2 2017, 12:47 PM)
Actually no.

without the seller?how you did that?

last time i need to go to jpj with seller to change names.
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 2 2017, 03:14 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(adamhzm90 @ Feb 2 2017, 04:04 PM)
without the seller?how you did that?

last time i need to go to jpj with seller to change names.
JPJ makes exceptions for sellers who, due to various reasons, are unable show up in person at JPJ.

In my case, the seller was in Tg Karang. I live in Ampang. There's a form we both had to fill up to save him the hassle of hauling ass all the way to KL just to complete the transfer of ownership.

techassist
post Feb 3 2017, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Feb 2 2017, 03:14 PM)
JPJ makes exceptions for sellers who, due to various reasons, are unable show up in person at JPJ.

In my case, the seller was in Tg Karang. I live in Ampang. There's a form we both had to fill up to save him the hassle of hauling ass all the way to KL just to complete the transfer of ownership.
last week i did transfer of name, JPJ required both buyer n seller to be present in the counter and IC thump print verified and transfered with a fee of RM 3. without seller is it possible to change name? i have waited for 2 weeks or more for the buyer to arrange meeting in JPJ for name transfer...damn
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 3 2017, 04:43 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(techassist @ Feb 3 2017, 04:47 PM)
last week i did transfer of name, JPJ required both buyer n seller to be present in the counter and IC thump print verified and transfered with a fee of RM 3.  without seller is it possible to change name? i have waited for 2 weeks or more for the buyer to arrange meeting in JPJ for name transfer...damn
Can transfer without seller present. How else do you think motorcycle shops sell used motorcycles?

In our case, the seller might be stuck in hospital or lives too far away to show up just to put his thumb on the damn thumbprint scanner. In the case of the latter, his faraway address should be self explanatory... plus JPJ would have it in their records anyway... all you have to to is make sure the appropriate form is filled out.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:43 PM