Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dota 2 Help

views

TSAngelScout
post Dec 18 2016, 08:59 AM, updated 8y ago

1 posts

Hey guys, I recently started playing dota 2 again and I saw new patch is out. Could you give me some beginner tips, I like to play support - so what are the best supports in this patch and your thoughts? I'm just a casual girl, nothing too serious, but I would still like to know smile.gif
NightHeart
post Dec 19 2016, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(AngelScout @ Dec 18 2016, 08:59 AM)
Hey guys, I recently started playing dota 2 again and I saw new patch is out. Could you give me some beginner tips, I like to play support - so what are the best supports in this patch and your thoughts? I'm just a casual girl, nothing too serious, but I would still like to know  smile.gif
Best supports may be complicating to use.

Try easy supports like Lich, Lion, Shadow Shaman, Vengeful Spirit or Crystal Maiden.
Fiqoque
post Dec 28 2016, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Dec 19 2016, 11:59 AM)

Try easy supports like Lich, Lion, Shadow Shaman, Vengeful Spirit or Crystal Maiden.
kinda agree with your recommendation. +1 commended! rclxms.gif
lyc1982
post Dec 28 2016, 10:18 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

use heroes with stun feature...
nikaizad
post Jan 8 2017, 12:58 PM

Carl Jung Enthusiast
610 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Dec 19 2016, 11:59 AM)

Lich- situational support, only good when your team would need crowd control more than stuns\hex and need to deny the offlanes range creep xp. Maybe useful if you carry cant static farm

Lion- pretty much ok in the majority of situations

Shaman - used for pusing strats, good when you have a drow. Positioning is really important when you cast your 3rd. Your 2nd is quite good too against heroes like morphling but lions skill set is arguably better against morph due to mana drain breaking linkens

Cm- meh, i dont really like to play her. Ult + mana regen is good for mana dependant heroes and the damage is good but takes a lot of mana to activate. ( Two points in mana aura is sometimes good enough for a slark to skip aquila and go straight for boots + SB and get a quelling blade instead for farming as he can push lanes with dark pact)

Venge- just dont try to play this hero if youre new/noob, fuckups are bound to happen ( same goes with shadow demon). Venge is good against batrider though and if teamed with drow in the same lane venge is a deadly combo.

I personally think you should learn how to zone your enemy laner properly and the new stack/pull timings to be a good support, not just play which heroes are good. Learning creep aggro is also important as a support for you to harass properly and not mess with the creep equilibrium. Wards should be placed on what you think the team is going to need in the next 6 mins, will your anti mage still be farming? Maybe you have a morphling trying to splitpush when he gets his dragon lance @ 20 mins? Its also important to learn how to disengage from fights and know when to stop chasing (e.g when you miss your earthspike is it worth it to dive into the fog or chase the enemy up hill?) You should look at the map and see where the enemy heroes are, if theyre missing or in their respective lane; maybe the hero youre chasing is near a shrine where their team mates can start a rotation using their tp.

Additionally you should learn how the enemy plays over the course of each game and use your intuition on what kinds of risks you should and shouldn't take. when in doubt you can always just use the scan function when available.

But hey your experience may vary, different brackets have different kinds of shit you can get away with

This post has been edited by nikaizad: Jan 8 2017, 01:06 PM
ZerOne01
post Jan 10 2017, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Just like what others recommended above.

Also, since this is a new patch, try to learn the map through bot match first cos when you are playing support, people are expecting you to know your way around map and ward thoroughly if needed. Other than that, you surely know your way since you mentioned you started playing dota again.

Also, hi fellow support player smile.gif
terry98000
post Jan 12 2017, 02:08 AM

45 posts

if you know how to use bloodseeker its actually easy. althought not support hero but a carry hero. but mostly he's advantage is the ability to restore HP and stop an opponent from moving once he cast a rupture (last skill). His other advantage is also called blood thirst. So once any of the opponents hero's HP is lower, it automatically boost up his MS and AD at about 75% of the opponent's HP when about 25% BS will gain true sight on that opponent. and he is also very useful in farming Neutral creeps.

e_X
post Jan 12 2017, 02:09 AM

On my way
584 posts

Pick OM (Orge Magi)
pandera999
post Feb 19 2017, 09:15 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

DoTA 2 LAN Party Feb 25, 2017 @ PJ, Seksyen 6 - PM If interested

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version