Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DIY My CIEM making Journey - Elysian Acoustic Labs, A passion for CIEM and DIY

views

liquidgal
post Jul 18 2017, 08:51 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

Tried the 6 drivers flagship prototype today. Impressed by the spacious sound stange and resolution. Imaging is smooth and airy. Comparable with other TOTL western brand CIEM which might cost 2-3 times more expensive! rclxms.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Jul 18 2017, 08:52 PM
liquidgal
post Jul 18 2017, 11:00 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Jul 18 2017, 09:26 PM)
Glad you guys are supporting local startup thumbup.gif
We're just supporting good sound. smile.gif

It's not easy to break out of comfort zone, and start up a new businnes for niche market.
I saw how does Lee start as a DIY beginner and improving himself step by step, day by day. From reshell to dual-drivers, and now 6-drivers. I've auditioned the first prototype to the final version, I saw how does Lee push himself to get the best sonic performance.

Everytime when I thought "wow it really sounds nice and worth more than its price!" Lee told me that it will be nicer next week after changing the oooxxx drivers, and he never let my ears down. The newer version did sound better and better. After tuning for almost half year, today he finally said "it's final version because I don't know what else can be improved as a 6 drivers CIEM that cost 5k+ already."

Frankly speaking, I thought Lee was just lost his mind temporary when he told me that he wanted to make his own CIEM half year ago. I thought he will just quit after few weeks after realizing it's damn difficult job that will waste a lot of money and time, but he did prove that I was wrong. tongue.gif

Now the 6 drivers already has amazing nice sound, and Lee promised that the exterior design will be as perfect as those TOTL CIEM. Just can't wait to see the final version! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Jul 18 2017, 11:02 PM
liquidgal
post Aug 29 2017, 04:14 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Aug 29 2017, 10:18 AM)
Here is a picture of Mr. Raymond's UE902  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Nice soldering. Looks clean and neat!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:59 PM