Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My CIEM making Journey - Elysian Acoustic Labs, A passion for CIEM and DIY (DIY)

views

MaUi^
post Jan 16 2017, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jan 16 2017, 08:56 AM)
Westone UM3X

Received a project from a fellow forumer who wish to mod his Westone UM3X. The UM3X received yesterday. Here are some pictures pre-disassembly. Enjoy!!! thumbup.gif
user posted image
[B]UM3X close up

user posted image
Very close up shot

user posted image
The shell disassembled

user posted image
Closer look at the drivers (classic Knowles CI-22955 + TWFK-30017 combo)

More of the drivers
user posted image

user posted image
Westone market this as a 3 way crossover product doesn't make sense, yes you get 3 different setting for these 3 drivers combined, the CI-22955 doesn't even have a low pass filter...... Only the 2 drivers on the TWFK-30017 has 2 individual high pass filter cap on it. But anyhow, this is an incredibly nice sounding IEM.

MMCX Connectors ready to go in.
user posted image

Another round type
user posted image

More pictures after the mod
Never seen this closed up shoot on my westone, awesome job bro, cant wait to get it back. LOL
MaUi^
post Jan 21 2017, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Collect my IEM today (the Westone UM3x). The workmanship are top notch, now my IEM looks new and shiny.

Attached Image

With the new 7N pure silver cable, man, I'm hearing some details that I never heard before for a same song that I listen for years. Overrall all the sounds are more ommpphh and more crystal clear.

Thank you again for your service, my IEM have a new life and looks so awesome now.

rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif thumbup.gif icon_idea.gif

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0938sec    2.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 02:32 AM