Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My CIEM making Journey - Elysian Acoustic Labs, A passion for CIEM and DIY (DIY)

views

TSziixtreme
post Dec 15 2016, 03:08 PM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
139 posts

I was 1st into better sounding earphone when my friend introduced me the Audio Technica Pro5V (if I remember the name correctly). I was amazed by the sound it made. It is incomparable to the cheapo pasar malam or computer shop AVF equivalent. Too bad when I was in uni the headphone is stolen together with a lot of my good stuffs. I was finding a replacement untill I stumbled on the UE TF10. That brought my musics to a whole new level. I bought it when it was on sale during black friday via a friend from the USA for $99. Ever since I loved that a lot. At 1st I was struggling with the fitting. It was not comfortable. But when you get a good fit, It sounded great. After a few months the cable gave way.... Meh.... Bought a replacement cable from Jaben and it rocks again. Being using it for quite some time. I knew a lot of people compared it to the Shure SE535 and I decided to go to Jaben to give it a try. At first I tried the SE215, what an incredible sound for an earpiece for RM389 (at that time), superb bass and the sound is ok (of course not comparable to TF10), and then I tried the SE315 SE425 then the SE535. The 315 and 425 was a disappointment for me. But the 535 was somewhat comparable to TF10. The 535 sounded warmer, with more sub bass than the TF10, more bodied mids, Celine Dion sounded superbly sweet!!! At first it was awesome to listen. I was quite pleased with the sound untill I played Armin Van Buuren songs........... DISASTROUS......... Treble roll off too much. The TF10 wins hands down notworthy.gif on this. The bass on the TF10 is so fast that it kept pace with the beat of trance music. In the end I felt it's two different thing. You cannot compare them both, both have their strong points and weaknesses. One thing to note thou was the fitting of the Shure design. It was marvelous. It's impossible to not fit. It is so "universal" that I bet even an infant would find it comfortable. **joking** But anyway I've always wondered, If I can get TF10 to fit in the Shure shell, make it sound the same with a little bit more sub bass and more mid, that would be the superb earpiece. Haha, but everything in the world is not so nice. Since then I've always wanted to make a CIEM, but the pricing and resell value puts me off. After my TF10 gave way, the right side bass driver KAPUT, got crackling sound whenever there's bass, I went to Jaben to sought out a replacement, preferably a CIEM. I've tried many many CIEM at Jaben. The one that really "CAUGHT MY EAR" was the Fitear 334 and 335DW. The Fitear 334 is almost perfect for all kinds of songs, adequate bass that goes very low (impressive for BA), the bass is more about quality than quantity, but it is just nice, the mids are very very very nice, it sounded so sweet without fatigue after long listening period, and the superb treble extension. The 335DW is the 334 with more bass since Fitear added an additional woofer for more bass. The bass is heart thumping and fast, it has the punch and goes very deep without sacrificing the mids and high on the 334. This is the best CIEM I've listened to so far. I've also made some research on what drivers actually fitear is using, and not only that. I've also made research on what other brands of CIEM maker are using as well. Why didn't I grab a Fitear yet? Yeah, good question. Look at the price!!! ROFL, poor fag like me will never be able to justify spending that much on what? a pair of earpiece???? So in the end I've decided to do something about that! Imma reshell my spoiled TF10 BY MY SELF! yes, you hear me right (sorry you all can't hear me)......... I AM GONNA DO IT! I am gonna try starting off by reshelling my TF10 into the Shure SE535 shell and modify the crossover, replace the twin bass BA unit to give it deeper bass and mids and try to retain the treble. Pictures to follow. [B]TO BE CONTINUED......

Since there are some updates on this page, I will post some pictures here on the first page itself on the progress. for those who wants more detail regarding this thread can browse the pages.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Sep 2 2017, 02:05 AM
victorlow
post Dec 15 2016, 08:02 PM

18 posts

Is this a work in progress, or is most of this done and you are in the process of editing the pictures?
VagueConcerns
post Dec 15 2016, 08:22 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

Nice. Looking forward to reading your progress.
I assume you would start by making a mould for an acrylic shell? Or silicone?
TSziixtreme
post Dec 16 2016, 06:49 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(victorlow @ Dec 15 2016, 08:02 PM)
Is this a work in progress, or is most of this done and you are in the process of editing the pictures?
This is a work in progress. I will upload picture of my mini workplace and some other stuffs I use. And I will also upload what kind of tools I have.
TSziixtreme
post Dec 16 2016, 06:52 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Dec 15 2016, 08:22 PM)
Nice. Looking forward to reading your progress.
I assume you would start by making a mould for an acrylic shell? Or silicone?
The acrylic shell mould process would be in the near future. I will acquire the items needed before I proceed with that. For now I will try to experiment with the SE535 shell. Should be able to work.
TSziixtreme
post Dec 16 2016, 08:40 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

As mentioned earlier, here are some shots of the above mentioned "object". Enjoy rclxm9.gif

The TF10 itself in it's beat up state:
user posted image
have been using this for almost 10 years. Even after the right unit have a rattling sound

Complete Disassembly
user posted image
Actually this had been done some time before. Note that the dual low drivers unit have already been disassembled from the mini pcb itself.

The TF10 dual low drivers
user posted image
A closer look on the dual low driver shows that this is a Sonion 3300 custom made to UE specifications. It has the UE markings on it.

Crossover with the high frequency driver still attached to it
user posted image
The crossover utilizes a 20ohm resistor series and 3.5uF capacitor parallel to the low driver. This is a low pass filter to filter out the high frequency so the low driver will only receive the low frequency. The high pass passive crossover featured a 1.5uF capacitor series to the tweeter driver. Capacitors are AVX I assume based on the looks of it.

The Sound isolation silicone (I don't know what it is called) This is used to block the sound from the driver's tip to go backwards to the back housing. It directs sound to the 2 bores of the eartip.
user posted image
Note that it has a red filter for the low frequency and green damper for the high frequency

[B]Closer look on the Acoustic dampers
user posted image

[B]The Tweeter driver on the TF10 (Has UE markings on it, another Sonion driver I assume. The 2389)
user posted image

That is all for the disassembly of the TF10, Stay tuned for next update on my workbench. bruce.gif
victorlow
post Dec 16 2016, 06:45 PM

18 posts

The nozzle of the shure shell is thinner than the tf10. If you aren't making your own, a shell wita a nozzle size closer to the tf10 like this one would be better.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32700254654.html

Like that one for example.
TSziixtreme
post Dec 17 2016, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(victorlow @ Dec 16 2016, 06:45 PM)
The nozzle of the shure shell is thinner than the tf10. If you aren't making your own, a shell wita a nozzle size closer to the tf10 like this one would be better.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32700254654.html

Like that one for example.
I've notice that Shure has a nozzle smaller in diameter, but as I mentioned earlier, the Shure shell has one of the best fit in the world. So I want the good fitting and try to maintain the UE sound sig. Pictures of the tools I use for the project to follow......
TSziixtreme
post Dec 17 2016, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Below are the pictures of the tools I use for this "PROJECT":

Mr. Clamp
user posted image

Cheap Soldering Iron (but it still does the job well)
user posted image

Bosch GSR-1440 Battery Drill
user posted image
trust me, you need this!!!

Soldering Flux thumbup.gif
user posted image

Another Type of Soldering Flux(this is the cheap one I end up using that one on top because this leaves residue and needed cleaning wheres the top one doesn't need cleaning)
user posted image

Another Type of Flux (mainly for PCB soldering)
user posted image

Contact Cleaner (use to clean up the flux residue)
user posted image

Mini 3.5mm male to male audio cable silver plated copper(unrelated)
A cable I made with some leftover cables the other day, quite useful thou
user posted image

Sneak Peak>>>my DIY High Pass, Low Pass, & Band Pass Filter Testing Board
This enables me to test whatever configuration I want in a 3-way crossover setup thumbup.gif
user posted image

A little bit of the silver plated copper wire
user posted image

The next thing up would be the Shure shell itself and all the accessories for it. Stay tuned for more updates after this.

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Dec 18 2016, 07:34 AM
more2teayap
post Dec 19 2016, 07:26 AM

~(-.-~)
2,557 posts

Interesting project, looking forward on your progress!
echineko
post Dec 19 2016, 08:24 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

Looks like this isn't your first rodeo, good luck with that.
TSziixtreme
post Dec 19 2016, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(more2teayap @ Dec 19 2016, 07:26 AM)
Interesting project, looking forward on your progress!
I will have more updates by tonight if I have the time. Pics to follow!

QUOTE(echineko @ Dec 19 2016, 08:24 AM)
Looks like this isn't your first rodeo, good luck with that.
I have another Secret project coming in the very near future, hehe...
sneak peak devil.gif
user posted image
victorlow
post Dec 20 2016, 03:34 AM

18 posts

Is that a mmcx connected to a dynamic driver? Hybrid maybe?
TSziixtreme
post Dec 20 2016, 08:53 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(victorlow @ Dec 20 2016, 03:34 AM)
Is that a mmcx connected to a dynamic driver?  Hybrid maybe?
Hehehe, I said it's a secret project. Shhhhh......
VagueConcerns
post Dec 20 2016, 02:54 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

I once had a Monoprice 9927 IEM, and it can reproduce the most realistic cymbals and acoustic sounds of all that I have ever heard of from any IEM. Not even the Shure 425 or the Sony XBA multi BAs have such treble performance. It had a single 14.2mm dynamic driver, and open back I believe. They don't hit quite low enough despite what the huge driver may suggest. They are more comparable to headphones than IEMs.

The entire build quality was crap though. Cable was very fragile, housing was ill-designed and had rough edges, and one of the nozzles were deformed slightly. The entire thing was huge too. If I have the sort of miniature electronic skills as you I would probably attempt to house it in a better shell. It's very cheap, USD 8.
TSziixtreme
post Dec 20 2016, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Dec 20 2016, 02:54 PM)
I once had a Monoprice 9927 IEM, and it can reproduce the most realistic cymbals and acoustic sounds of all that I have ever heard of from any IEM. Not even the Shure 425 or the Sony XBA multi BAs have such treble performance. It had a single 14.2mm dynamic driver, and open back I believe. They don't hit quite low enough despite what the huge driver may suggest. They are more comparable to headphones than IEMs.

The entire build quality was crap though. Cable was very fragile, housing was ill-designed and had rough edges, and one of the nozzles were deformed slightly. The entire thing was huge too. If I have the sort of miniature electronic skills as you I would probably attempt to house it in a better shell. It's very cheap, USD 8.
Do you have a pic or any reference of the thing? Maybe I can mod it lol
VagueConcerns
post Dec 21 2016, 06:19 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Dec 20 2016, 11:32 PM)
Do you have a pic or any reference of the thing? Maybe I can mod it lol
Only pics from around the internet. I sold it for RM10 to a friend about 2 years ago, and the the cable worn out a few months later. The IEM was over a year old when the cable broke.

user posted image
TSziixtreme
post Dec 23 2016, 01:38 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Dec 21 2016, 06:19 PM)
Only pics from around the internet. I sold it for RM10 to a friend about 2 years ago, and the the cable worn out a few months later. The IEM was over a year old when the cable broke.

user posted image
Hmmm, this one looks a little bit too big to put inside a custom...... bye.gif Well, back to the topic flex.gif
TSziixtreme
post Dec 23 2016, 03:22 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

I was busy for the past few days, assembling and tuning the stuff, being not satisfied with the sound tuning and change it again. lots of soldering work to do. Soldering, putting it together and try to listen and then feel not satisfied and desolder the thing and solder it back. Keep repeating the same stuff...... In the end I got something I am quite satisfied but still can be improved.

Here are some pictures:

The Drivers
user posted image

Closer Look
user posted image

The SE535 Shell
user posted image

Capacitors!!!! A lot of em!!!
user posted image

More capacitors!!!!
user posted image

Drivers getting preped and ready to go in
user posted image

Finally in
user posted image

The Shell assembled
user posted image

Viablue mini 3.5mm (beautiful isn't it!)
user posted image

For those who are interested to "audition" this home made iem, can PM me and we can arrange time for meet up and test it out. Any sincere comments are welcomed. If it is not good just tell me straight and I will try to improve my future build. Next is to wait for my CIEM materials to arrive so I can try to make a CIEM. flex.gif

silver69
post Dec 23 2016, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
154 posts

awesome DIY you have there... I have a underutilized TF10 lying in drawer that I keep thinking to reshell them to custom, been surveying which company to go for but then u sparks my brain that we can reshell it to other IEM body as well....

the one who own TF10 before know the sound is fantastic but the fit is major problem...
TSziixtreme
post Dec 23 2016, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(silver69 @ Dec 23 2016, 11:03 AM)
awesome DIY you have there... I have a underutilized TF10 lying in drawer that I keep thinking to reshell them to custom, been surveying which company to go for but then u sparks my brain that we can reshell it to other IEM body as well....

the one who own TF10 before know the sound is fantastic but the fit is major problem...
If you want I can reshell your TF10 for you as well and I have a superb upgrade cable for the TF10 too, i don't know if you trust snake oil or not. I am also venturing into making my own customs as well. I will try to make something equivalent to the Fitear 335DW. If you wan't to go into details please PM me.

The Upgrade Cable(I will refund you if it doesn't make any difference)
user posted image
Paca
post Dec 23 2016, 03:48 PM

Without A Dream In My Heart.
1,385 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Dec 23 2016, 01:52 PM)
If you want I can reshell your TF10 for you as well and I have a superb upgrade cable for the TF10 too, i don't know if you trust snake oil or not. I am also venturing into making my own customs as well. I will try to make something equivalent to the Fitear 335DW. If you wan't to go into details please PM me.

The Upgrade Cable(I will refund you if it doesn't make any difference)
user posted image
only tf10 reshelling?
TSziixtreme
post Dec 24 2016, 04:54 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Paca @ Dec 23 2016, 03:48 PM)
only tf10 reshelling?
Can, no problem. You want the original TF10 crossover setup?
But you will also need the MMCX cable as well. I will PM you the costing and all. Plus the info.

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Dec 24 2016, 04:55 AM
zedstat
post Dec 25 2016, 06:44 AM

is in the Manic Phase
1,111 posts

Can u do rewiring?
TSziixtreme
post Dec 25 2016, 07:15 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(zedstat @ Dec 25 2016, 06:44 AM)
Can u do rewiring?
Depends on what rewiring. If the solder point of your drivers are not broken, yes. If it is broken, sorry I cannot help.
zedstat
post Dec 26 2016, 05:47 PM

is in the Manic Phase
1,111 posts

I have a Fischer audio the iem itself is fine but the wire kinked like stucked in between drawer.
If can, please quote me
TSziixtreme
post Dec 26 2016, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(zedstat @ Dec 26 2016, 05:47 PM)
I have a Fischer audio the iem itself is fine but the wire kinked like stucked in between drawer.
If can, please quote me
Please send me a picture of it. I see what needed to be done. You want a full re-cable or just the jack? I only left some mini 3.5mm paillics with me. Oyaide will need to wait 2 weeks. And let me know your iem 4 pole 3.5mm or 3pole 3.5mm.
zedstat
post Dec 26 2016, 09:15 PM

is in the Manic Phase
1,111 posts

I'll pm me ur number soon,
Haha some of the question I'm not so sure : /
TSziixtreme
post Dec 26 2016, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

The current setup of the DIY IEM needs some upgrade of the drivers. I am gonna use the top of the line for my next build. Stay tuned, it won't be long for my next project.
TSziixtreme
post Dec 27 2016, 06:35 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Snake oil deserves some snake skin>>>>
user posted image

Made this over some free time upon a request by a friend:)
user posted image
TSziixtreme
post Dec 31 2016, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

This rare baby gonna get some "plastic surgery" for functionality!!!
user posted image
TSziixtreme
post Dec 31 2016, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Received another project from fellow forumer.
user posted image

Initial inspection: one side lost it sound, this seems to be the problem
user posted image
user posted image

But after further inpection: (the culprit)
user posted image

fully disassembled and cleaned in alcohol solution:
user posted image
user posted image

More to come on next update!!!! Stay tuned
victorlow
post Jan 3 2017, 12:35 AM

18 posts

user posted image

I did a double take for a moment, your CD900st looked a lot like how mine currently are.

Have you replaced the cup hinges with MDR v6 parts to make them fordable too?

I feel that its rare not because it's hard to get but because you get what you pay for in terms of sound quality after shipping and handling when a few others in the price range offer slightly better value for money, the biggiest reason for someone to get one is if they wanted THE standard issue Japanese studio headphone or to try a near perfected version of the Mdr 7506, because the internals are highly modified compared to a standard V6 or 7506.

TSziixtreme
post Jan 3 2017, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(victorlow @ Jan 3 2017, 12:35 AM)
user posted image

I did a double take for a moment, your CD900st looked a lot like how mine currently are.

Have you replaced the cup hinges with MDR v6 parts to make them fordable too?

I feel that its rare not because it's hard to get but because you get what you pay for in terms of sound quality after shipping and handling when a few others in the price range offer slightly better value for money, the biggiest reason for someone to get one is if they wanted THE standard issue Japanese studio headphone or to try a near perfected version of the Mdr 7506, because the internals are highly modified compared to a standard V6 or 7506.
These are not mine smile.gif I got a request from a friend to mod it. Will upload the pictures after the mod.
TSziixtreme
post Jan 11 2017, 10:01 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is an update on Project Fischer Audio Eterna mmcx transformation:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Fischer Audio Eterna:
- Disassembly and test for defect
- MMCX conversion
- Basic Silver braided cable with MMXC connector + Oyaide 3.5mm

More to come
TSziixtreme
post Jan 16 2017, 08:35 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Alright, here are some updates on my other projects:

Disassembled, the earcups. Sony uses another cable to link from one earcup to another.
user posted image

Cables cut from the driver, holes drilled and mmcx connector sitting in the hole.
user posted image

The finished project
user posted image
user posted image
TSziixtreme
post Jan 16 2017, 08:41 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is another modification I did for another forumer (Aune T1):
user posted image
As you can see the power capacitors had been changed to Nichicon FW which are a grade higher than Nichicon fine gold and the power caps are detatchable, so user can swap caps for different sound. The space is only just enough for the mod.

The capacitors on the headphone amp board had been replaced to Elna Silmic II and had to be positioned as follow due to space constrains.
user posted image

user posted image
*****NOTE!!! How can Aune cheap out and use NE5532 opamp on the headphone amp!!!!!!!! (I did advice owner to change to some other better sounding opamp for even bigger improvement)*****

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Jan 16 2017, 08:42 AM
TSziixtreme
post Jan 16 2017, 08:56 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Westone UM3X

Received a project from a fellow forumer who wish to mod his Westone UM3X. The UM3X received yesterday. Here are some pictures pre-disassembly. Enjoy!!! thumbup.gif
user posted image
[B]UM3X close up

user posted image
Very close up shot

user posted image
The shell disassembled

user posted image
Closer look at the drivers (classic Knowles CI-22955 + TWFK-30017 combo)

More of the drivers
user posted image

user posted image
Westone market this as a 3 way crossover product doesn't make sense, yes you get 3 different setting for these 3 drivers combined, the CI-22955 doesn't even have a low pass filter...... Only the 2 drivers on the TWFK-30017 has 2 individual high pass filter cap on it. But anyhow, this is an incredibly nice sounding IEM.

MMCX Connectors ready to go in.
user posted image

Another round type
user posted image

More pictures after the mod

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Jan 16 2017, 08:57 AM
MaUi^
post Jan 16 2017, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jan 16 2017, 08:56 AM)
Westone UM3X

Received a project from a fellow forumer who wish to mod his Westone UM3X. The UM3X received yesterday. Here are some pictures pre-disassembly. Enjoy!!! thumbup.gif
user posted image
[B]UM3X close up

user posted image
Very close up shot

user posted image
The shell disassembled

user posted image
Closer look at the drivers (classic Knowles CI-22955 + TWFK-30017 combo)

More of the drivers
user posted image

user posted image
Westone market this as a 3 way crossover product doesn't make sense, yes you get 3 different setting for these 3 drivers combined, the CI-22955 doesn't even have a low pass filter...... Only the 2 drivers on the TWFK-30017 has 2 individual high pass filter cap on it. But anyhow, this is an incredibly nice sounding IEM.

MMCX Connectors ready to go in.
user posted image

Another round type
user posted image

More pictures after the mod
Never seen this closed up shoot on my westone, awesome job bro, cant wait to get it back. LOL
zedstat
post Jan 17 2017, 11:48 PM

is in the Manic Phase
1,111 posts

keep em coming.
TSziixtreme
post Jan 18 2017, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(zedstat @ Jan 17 2017, 11:48 PM)
keep em coming.
biggrin.gif I have some more teasers here
user posted image

user posted image
MaUi^
post Jan 21 2017, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

Collect my IEM today (the Westone UM3x). The workmanship are top notch, now my IEM looks new and shiny.

Attached Image

With the new 7N pure silver cable, man, I'm hearing some details that I never heard before for a same song that I listen for years. Overrall all the sounds are more ommpphh and more crystal clear.

Thank you again for your service, my IEM have a new life and looks so awesome now.

rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif thumbup.gif icon_idea.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jan 22 2017, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(MaUi^ @ Jan 21 2017, 11:00 AM)
Collect my IEM today (the Westone UM3x). The workmanship are top notch, now my IEM looks new and shiny.

Attached Image

With the new 7N pure silver cable, man, I'm hearing some details that I never heard before for a same song that I listen for years. Overrall all the sounds are more ommpphh and more crystal clear.

Thank you again for your service, my IEM have a new life and looks so awesome now.

rclxms.gif  rclxm9.gif  thumbup.gif  icon_idea.gif
I'm really glad that you love your IEM now. For the time being enjoy your IEM and wait for the big thing to come on April.
SMB002
post Jan 23 2017, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

I'm thinking of making my T90 detachable too.
It sounds a little too dry for my liking, maybe changing cable helps? cry.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jan 23 2017, 09:38 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(SMB002 @ Jan 23 2017, 10:12 AM)
I'm thinking of making my T90 detachable too.
It sounds a little too dry for my liking, maybe changing cable helps?  cry.gif
Beyerdynamic T90? Making a detachable cable I can help, but changing cable to change the sound of the headphone is the last thing you need to do. Always remember the significance of sound change is Headphones/IEM > Source(player/device) > Song files > Cables. Cables are the last thing you play with.

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Jan 23 2017, 09:41 PM
TSziixtreme
post Jan 23 2017, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Made a pair of universal fit IEM. The graph is as below, don't know if anybody knows how to read it dry.gif

Just share for the sake of knowledge.
user posted image
SMB002
post Jan 23 2017, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jan 23 2017, 09:38 PM)
Beyerdynamic T90? Making a detachable cable I can help, but changing cable to change the sound of the headphone is the last thing you need to do. Always remember the significance of sound change is Headphones/IEM > Source(player/device) > Song files > Cables. Cables are the last thing you play with.
Currently using ZX2 with Cayin C5 amp. File type 16, 24bit FLAC and DSD.
I think nothing else I can change d, I also feel it might not be a wise choice.
On the other hand, is it possible to transfer EX1000 driver to CIEM? brows.gif

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jan 23 2017, 09:48 PM)
Made a pair of universal fit IEM. The graph is as below, don't know if anybody knows how to read it  dry.gif

user posted image
I think it meant the IEM's high is more crisp, the spike of gain at high frequency. hmm.gif
VagueConcerns
post Jan 24 2017, 12:58 AM

Enthusiast
870 posts

Our ears are naturally amplifying those low treble regions. While this will be a sparkly IEM, it is not a neutral sounding one. The dips and peak difference is at most around 10dB there so that should be reasonably natural sounding, but still, a bit more amplified than what our brains would be expecting. Our ear canals are basically small pipes. Listening to a loudspeaker our ears work naturally because it is leaky. Plug an IEM in, and the IEM driver will resonate the air inside our ear canals easier. Our ear canal length results in a quarter-wave resonance of about 2400-3400Hz.

The Westone UM3x is considered by many to be a neutral IEM, and it is no coincidence that it, and others like one of the Etymotic ER4 rolls off or dips their frequency response gently starting around 3kHz (and then bounces back up again when nearing 8kHz).

This post has been edited by VagueConcerns: Jan 24 2017, 01:21 AM
TSziixtreme
post Jan 24 2017, 07:54 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(SMB002 @ Jan 23 2017, 10:09 PM)
Currently using ZX2 with Cayin C5 amp. File type 16, 24bit FLAC and DSD.
I think nothing else I can change d, I also feel it might not be a wise choice.
On the other hand, is it possible to transfer EX1000 driver to CIEM?  brows.gif

You can still upgrade your amp biggrin.gif Get something like a desktop tube amp or something like Audio-GD. rclxms.gif thumbup.gif After that you try some Gold plated copper 26AWG OCC. flex.gif **EXPENSIIIVEEE**
EX1000 to CIEM>? are you sure? hahaha, if you want I can help you make it but no guarantee on the outcome of the sound biggrin.gif

QUOTE(SMB002 @ Jan 23 2017, 10:09 PM)
I think it meant the IEM's high is more crisp, the spike of gain at high frequency.  hmm.gif
The highs are not crisp enough, I feel like I can make it even better.

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Jan 24 2017, 08:01 AM
TSziixtreme
post Jan 24 2017, 07:58 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Jan 24 2017, 12:58 AM)
Our ears are naturally amplifying those low treble regions. While this will be a sparkly IEM, it is not a neutral sounding one. The dips and peak difference is at most around 10dB there so that should be reasonably natural sounding, but still, a bit more amplified than what our brains would be expecting. Our ear canals are basically small pipes. Listening to a loudspeaker our ears work naturally because it is leaky. Plug an IEM in, and the IEM driver will resonate the air inside our ear canals easier. Our ear canal length results in a quarter-wave resonance of about 2400-3400Hz.

The Westone UM3x is considered by many to be a neutral IEM, and it is no coincidence that it, and others like one of the Etymotic ER4 rolls off or dips their frequency response gently starting around 3kHz (and then bounces back up again when nearing 8kHz).
This IEM I tune is not neutral by all means, as you can see the highs dips from 3K to 5K and spike at 8k.
I haven't graph the Westone UM3X yet whilst having it with me for these few days for the mod. Should've done it so there is some comparison here. Well, what I want to do is to graph the fitear MH334 to see what it shows. Hehe. Anybody kind enough to lend it to me to graph? hahaha

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Jan 24 2017, 07:58 AM
VagueConcerns
post Jan 24 2017, 11:20 AM

Enthusiast
870 posts

How do you measure the IEM BTW, with a coupler, or is that completely raw?
ezekiel_77
post Jan 24 2017, 12:26 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
847 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jan 23 2017, 09:48 PM)
Made a pair of universal fit IEM. The graph is as below, don't know if anybody knows how to read it  dry.gif

1-2k lift for nice vocal/mids presence.

6-7k spike for wah, HD800-like treble and air?

This post has been edited by ezekiel_77: Jan 24 2017, 12:26 PM
TSziixtreme
post Jan 26 2017, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Jan 24 2017, 11:20 AM)
How do you measure the IEM BTW, with a coupler, or is that completely raw?
IEC711 artificial ear.
TSziixtreme
post Jan 26 2017, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Jan 24 2017, 12:26 PM)
1-2k lift for nice vocal/mids presence.

6-7k spike for wah, HD800-like treble and air?
1-2k for mids is correct.

6-7k spike has to be tamed a bit, that part is not airy at all. Has quite a bit of treble sparkle, but needs to be more controlled.
VagueConcerns
post Jan 26 2017, 04:08 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jan 26 2017, 03:34 PM)
IEC711 artificial ear.
I see.
Well in that case that response is actually pretty good. Though the smoothing might mask the treble irregularities a bit.

This post has been edited by VagueConcerns: Jan 26 2017, 04:08 PM
TSziixtreme
post Jan 26 2017, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Jan 26 2017, 04:08 PM)
I see.
Well in that case that response is actually pretty good. Though the smoothing might mask the treble irregularities a bit.
Actually this is already very smooth, just some niy-picking here there to maximize the potential of a 3 drivers settings. This lacks a bit of details and precision. May need to tune down the bass a little bit. This is only a single sound bore design. If I make a dual bore design maybe can release more detail. Furthermore this is only a universal fit. Custom would yield better results.
VagueConcerns
post Jan 26 2017, 11:30 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jan 26 2017, 11:09 PM)
Actually this is already very smooth, just some niy-picking here there to maximize the potential of a 3 drivers settings. This lacks a bit of details and precision. May need to tune down the bass a little bit. This is only a single sound bore design. If I make a dual bore design maybe can release more detail. Furthermore this is only a universal fit. Custom would yield better results.
Post the result ya?! biggrin.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jan 27 2017, 02:48 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Jan 26 2017, 11:30 PM)
Post the result ya?!  biggrin.gif
After CNY. Too busy these few days
TSziixtreme
post Jan 30 2017, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Chinese New Year! New 8 Strand braided cable!!!!! Plus 6 Drivers IEM to come!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
dennisbklow
post Jan 30 2017, 04:56 PM

Casual
336 posts

Those cables looks awesome. How much do you charge ya if I am doing it for my Earsonic SM64?
noobandroid
post Jan 30 2017, 11:02 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

ziixtreme reminds me of kimber cables
TSziixtreme
post Jan 31 2017, 02:31 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(dennisbklow @ Jan 30 2017, 04:56 PM)
Those cables looks awesome. How much do you charge ya if I am doing it for my Earsonic SM64?
Check PM smile.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jan 31 2017, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Jan 30 2017, 11:02 PM)
ziixtreme reminds me of kimber cables
I don't dare to compare my DIY cables with kimber cables ==
TSziixtreme
post Feb 6 2017, 10:24 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

What a boring Chinese New Year this time around......

I am staying at home doing nothing.. sort of...

Well, at least a research on a 2 driver CIEM, pictures tells a thousand words don't they
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is an unfinished product, more work to follow as I need to rebalance the right side and a lot of polishing needs to be done. Stay tuned for more!

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Feb 6 2017, 10:26 PM
noobandroid
post Feb 7 2017, 04:55 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

if there was a malaysian made ciem i would definitely support them, just like i supported stoner acoustics
TSziixtreme
post Feb 8 2017, 02:15 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Feb 7 2017, 04:55 PM)
if there was a malaysian made ciem i would definitely support them, just like i supported stoner acoustics
It's still early for anything now. I only have 4 models available. Hahaha, and I am still figuring out the printing part. The brand name is also a big problem. I don't wanna use something like a 3 alphabet or 2 alphabet name. So 19 century... And are you willing to buy flagship if it's proven to be able to go toe to toe with big brand flagship? Haha
noobandroid
post Feb 11 2017, 10:14 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 8 2017, 02:15 AM)
It's still early for anything now. I only have 4 models available. Hahaha, and I am still figuring out the printing part. The brand name is also a big problem. I don't wanna use something like a 3 alphabet or 2 alphabet name. So 19 century... And are you willing to buy flagship if it's proven to be able to go toe to toe with big brand flagship? Haha
if it's legit good, why not?
i have the rarely heard of RHA also, not many in Malaysia know them
TSziixtreme
post Feb 13 2017, 08:43 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Feb 11 2017, 10:14 AM)
if it's legit good, why not?
i have the rarely heard of RHA also, not many in Malaysia know them
I heard of that before. Which model? T20? And I've just successfully made a hybrid. 1DD+2BA
noobandroid
post Feb 13 2017, 09:10 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 13 2017, 08:43 AM)
I heard of that before. Which model? T20? And I've just successfully made a hybrid. 1DD+2BA
ma750i, t10i, t20i, cl1 cl750
TSziixtreme
post Feb 14 2017, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Feb 13 2017, 09:10 AM)
ma750i, t10i, t20i, cl1 cl750
You have all the above? Lol
noobandroid
post Feb 14 2017, 07:31 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 14 2017, 12:04 AM)
You have all the above? Lol
only 750i
TSziixtreme
post Feb 14 2017, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Feb 14 2017, 07:31 AM)
only 750i
I'm not a fan of RHA sound biggrin.gif
Only tried the T20. Don't like it. Sounds like Shure SE215.
noobandroid
post Feb 14 2017, 05:33 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 14 2017, 04:23 PM)
I'm not a fan of RHA sound biggrin.gif
Only tried the T20. Don't like it. Sounds like Shure SE215.
750 sounds different totally with t20 and also a major change in the ceramic series
TSziixtreme
post Feb 16 2017, 05:23 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Feb 14 2017, 05:33 PM)
750 sounds different totally with t20 and also a major change in the ceramic series
Anyway, you wanna review my CIEM? haha, I can send to you after I send to ClieOs.
noobandroid
post Feb 16 2017, 08:31 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 16 2017, 05:23 AM)
Anyway, you wanna review my CIEM? haha, I can send to you after I send to ClieOs.
sure why not, later when he returns it, then you req address from me ya

btw interested in testing the aune s6? if yes, pm me brows.gif
victorlow
post Feb 16 2017, 10:44 AM

18 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Finishing up this project, needs a bit more damping behind the driver to reduce the bass quantity, I guess this belongs here since this became the diy thread.
TSziixtreme
post Feb 17 2017, 05:24 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Feb 16 2017, 08:31 AM)
sure why not, later when he returns it, then you req address from me ya

btw interested in testing the aune s6? if yes, pm me brows.gif
I have a few models with me on hand. I will send to you once bro ClieOS is done with them. You can PM me your address. Will notify you before sending.
TSziixtreme
post Feb 17 2017, 05:25 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(victorlow @ Feb 16 2017, 10:44 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Finishing up this project, needs a bit more damping behind the driver to reduce the bass quantity, I guess this belongs here since this became the diy thread.
Nice job you have there bro. What is the specification of that may I know? biggrin.gif
echineko
post Feb 17 2017, 07:36 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

So the hobby becomes a business? Nothing wrong with that, just might want to edit the thread title tongue.gif

Also, how's it a CIEM when it looks like a universal fit? Or did you just not share the pics for the custom shell?
TSziixtreme
post Feb 18 2017, 06:43 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Feb 17 2017, 07:36 AM)
So the hobby becomes a business? Nothing wrong with that, just might want to edit the thread title tongue.gif

Also, how's it a CIEM when it looks like a universal fit? Or did you just not share the pics for the custom shell?
Lol.... I will post the picture of the CIEM soon. I have 2 in progress. Will upload after done. The universal fit is for testing purposes, so anyone can enjoy it. nod.gif
echineko
post Feb 18 2017, 08:12 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 18 2017, 06:43 AM)
Lol.... I will post the picture of the CIEM soon. I have 2 in progress. Will upload after done. The universal fit is for testing purposes, so anyone can enjoy it.  nod.gif
Lulz, thought that might be the case tongue.gif

Interesting developments to be sure, good luck with the (not so much anymore) hobby! biggrin.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 21 2017, 08:24 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is one of my latest creation. Meet Rumble!!! biggrin.gif or so the name I gave it.

It's a 3 drivers 3 way crossover Hybrid configuration that I made. What is a hybrid? Well, just to cut it short, hybrid consists of Dynamic and BA drivers mix in one unit.
Usually dynamic drivers are used as a bass unit, this is no exception. Dynamic drivers are known to have powerful bass but lack response. There is also a trait of the dynamic driver that I do not like. And that is the driver's back end emitting sound. This might sound insignificant but in a custom IEM design, that could be fatal. The back end sound must be managed properly so that it doesn't flow back to the sound bore through the dynamic's back end. There are some hybrid designs that is have this problem but I will not quote any name. To me this is a problem that had to be solved and I've figured a solution for it. Here are the pictures, enjoy.

***note that this is a universal type shell for testing purposes, so anybody can test it out***

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Feb 21 2017, 02:54 PM
echineko
post Feb 21 2017, 09:08 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

Don't know how it sounds, but good job on the effort. Can't imagine what it's like to make something like that on your own, thems some mad skills biggrin.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 21 2017, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Feb 21 2017, 09:08 AM)
Don't know how it sounds, but good job on the effort. Can't imagine what it's like to make something like that on your own, thems some mad skills biggrin.gif
I think my hybrids can go head to head with any hybrid because mine surely sounded different due to my special design. By the way, If I were to make something like a gathering to test my stuff vs all the big guys, bring whatever gear you got to compare, do you think anybody would come for it?
TSziixtreme
post Feb 26 2017, 08:14 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Improvement made over my 3 drivers 2 way crossover design with 2 sound bores to separate the low and high frequency. Improvements are obvious.

user posted image

And now it is time to go to the main purpose of this thread............ thumbup.gif

user posted image

Taken by myself a few days ago. Not perfect but will do

After processing and shaping:

user posted image

More to come!!! Stay tuned
Lego Warfare
post Feb 26 2017, 09:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,619 posts

How much would you price your own IEMs? wink.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 26 2017, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Feb 26 2017, 09:52 AM)
How much would you price your own IEMs? wink.gif
Depends on what range. Definitely cheaper than UE.

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Feb 28 2017, 04:56 AM
TSziixtreme
post Feb 28 2017, 04:58 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

A new cable 2 color, silver + blue
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
raynman
post Feb 28 2017, 08:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

Amazing and beautiful craftsmanship. thumbsup.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 28 2017, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

My IEM vs the big guys, anybody interested???
Date: Suggestion
Venue: Suggestion

People who are interested, please post your reply here for any suggestion.
shyan90's
post Mar 3 2017, 10:24 PM

Casual
305 posts

THX BRO FOR FIXING MY Z2300 CONTROL POD JACK!!!!
Anazing and clean craftmanship really superb!!!!!!!!!!
Up!!!
Attached Image

This post has been edited by shyan90's: Mar 3 2017, 10:27 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 3 2017, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(shyan90's @ Mar 3 2017, 10:24 PM)
THX BRO FOR FIXING MY Z2300 CONTROL POD JACK!!!!
Anazing and clean craftmanship really superb!!!!!!!!!!
Up!!!
Attached Image
Thanks for the support! Hope you enjoy your Z2300 for many more years to come! rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif thumbup.gif
TSziixtreme
post Mar 4 2017, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is another request from another forumer. This is a very popular job which are offered by many CIEM makers.

Pictures??? Sure:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Will post the picture after finishing the product.
Hahnis
post Mar 4 2017, 09:32 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 21 2017, 08:24 AM)
Here is one of my latest creation. Meet Rumble!!! biggrin.gif or so the name I gave it.

It's a 3 drivers 3 way crossover Hybrid configuration that I made. What is a hybrid? Well, just to cut it short, hybrid consists of Dynamic and BA drivers mix in one unit.
Usually dynamic drivers are used as a bass unit, this is no exception. Dynamic drivers are known to have powerful bass but lack response. There is also a trait of the dynamic driver that I do not like. And that is the driver's back end emitting sound. This might sound insignificant but in a custom IEM design, that could be fatal. The back end sound must be managed properly so that it doesn't flow back to the sound bore through the dynamic's back end. There are some hybrid designs that is have this problem but I will not quote any name. To me this is a problem that had to be solved and I've figured a solution for it. Here are the pictures, enjoy.

***note that this is a universal type shell for testing purposes, so anybody can test it out***

user posted image

user posted image
How much would you charged for this + custom shell? I'm interested..

TSziixtreme
post Mar 5 2017, 03:23 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Hahnis @ Mar 4 2017, 09:32 PM)
How much would you charged for this + custom shell? I'm interested..
You've got PM
ClieOS
post Mar 8 2017, 01:35 PM

In-Ear Addict
1,060 posts

Got a chance to listen to bro ziixtreme's new dual triple driver, and I am pretty impressed - it is overall neutral and very detailed, but with a small hit of warmness and a solid (though not large) bottom end. Kind of reminded me of Etymotic ER4XR that I listened a few weeks ago, but with even better bass depth and texture. With the stock cable, It can get a little bright, but still not enough to be referred as sibilant. I tried my own MMCX cable (just some regular OFC cable) and the brightness is tamped down and sound very balanced to my ears. Overall, I think the SQ is pretty solid and ready even as an commercial product. The build quality is decent as well - not as good as big brand CIEM though I didn't see any obvious problem either. There are certainly room for improvement. The only real issue I have with the demo set is that the nozzle's shape isn't very well formed and the eartips keep falling out. But as I had been told that this is designed to be CIEM and not universal, I guess the problem will be a non-issue at the end. Overall, bro ziixtreme has done a great job on his dual triple driver. Those who enjoy sound signature that is a balance between neutral and warmth will definitely like this dual triple driver setup.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by ClieOS: Mar 8 2017, 09:00 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 8 2017, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(ClieOS @ Mar 8 2017, 01:35 PM)
Got a chance to listen to bro ziixtreme's new dual driver, and I am pretty impressed - it is overall neutral and very detailed, but with a small hit of warmness and a solid (though not large) bottom end. Kind of reminded me of Etymotic ER4XR that I listened a few weeks ago, but with even better bass depth and texture. With the stock cable, It can get a little bright, but still not enough to be referred as sibilant. I tried my own MMCX cable (just some regular OFC cable) and the brightness is tamped down and sound very balanced to my ears. Overall, I think the SQ is pretty solid and ready even as an commercial product. The build quality is decent as well - not as good as big brand CIEM though I didn't see any obvious problem either. There are certainly room for improvement. The only real issue I have with the demo set is that the nozzle's shape isn't very well formed and the eartips keep falling out. But as I had been told that this is designed to be CIEM and not universal, I guess the problem will be a non-issue at the end. Overall, bro ziixtreme has done a great job on his dual driver. Those who enjoy sound signature that is a balance between neutral and warmth will definitely like this dual driver setup.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Dear bro ClieOS, this is a triple driver biggrin.gif
Anyway thanks for the feedback on my thread

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Mar 8 2017, 05:29 PM
Tmcproduced
post Mar 8 2017, 08:39 PM

1 posts

Where's you location ? I'm interested to audit Your hybrid....
TSziixtreme
post Mar 8 2017, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Tmcproduced @ Mar 8 2017, 08:39 PM)
Where's you location ? I'm interested to audit Your hybrid....
You've got PM.
ClieOS
post Mar 8 2017, 08:58 PM

In-Ear Addict
1,060 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 8 2017, 05:14 PM)
Dear bro ClieOS, this is a triple driver biggrin.gif
Anyway thanks for the feedback on my thread
Oops, my bad tongue.gif
koinmove
post Mar 9 2017, 10:34 AM

36 posts

interest to test it.
i suggest can meet in SS15 jaben or starpickers.
at the same time i cn test dx200 tongue.gif
TSziixtreme
post Mar 9 2017, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(koinmove @ Mar 9 2017, 10:34 AM)
interest to test it.
i suggest can meet in SS15 jaben or starpickers.
at the same time i cn test dx200 tongue.gif
You've got PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 10 2017, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

As usual, shit happens. Culprit : Pos Laju Malaysia, the worst courier in the world. How can you simply send people's parcel to other people's home. Now my item considered lost. Irresponsible and unprofessional.

user posted image

Now all my hardwork considered lost...... and worst of all they will not be responsible for this. lesson learned, never use pos laju, the worst courier in the world.
user posted image
R.I.P. my 3 drivers iem
TSziixtreme
post Mar 11 2017, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 10 2017, 11:51 PM)
As usual, shit happens. Culprit : Pos Laju Malaysia, the worst courier in the world. How can you simply send people's parcel to other people's home. Now my item considered lost. Irresponsible and unprofessional.

user posted image

Now all my hardwork considered lost...... and worst of all they will not be responsible for this. lesson learned, never use pos laju, the worst courier in the world.
user posted image
R.I.P. my 3 drivers iem
In the end they did send to my house "sort of"

When I was about to go to post office this morning, found it in my house compound. They chucked it inside without calling or honking. vmad.gif luckily there was no rain yesterday
VagueConcerns
post Mar 11 2017, 12:11 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 11 2017, 09:35 AM)
In the end they did send to my house "sort of"

When I was about to go to post office this morning, found it in my house compound. They chucked it inside without calling or honking.  vmad.gif  luckily there was no rain yesterday
That is one lazy postman.
I've never had any problems with Poslaju at my place. The postman even dropped off my parcel at work because he saw me there. He recognised me after sending parcels to my home twice.

This post has been edited by VagueConcerns: Mar 11 2017, 12:11 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 11 2017, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Mar 11 2017, 12:11 PM)
I've never had any problems with Poslaju at my place. The postman even dropped off my parcel at work because he saw me there. He recognised me after sending parcels to my home twice.
You are lucky man. Envious......
koinmove
post Mar 11 2017, 05:06 PM

36 posts

was a pleasure to have a chance to meet up with ziixtremem, a guy with good passion on creating iem with good quality especially it is buatan Malaysia.
I did test 4 imes, but i try to post my review asap when i still remember so i only summarize 2 iems. tongue.gif

Different ppl have diffrent kind of listening, i will write down how i feel with the iems i had listened. I'm not that good descript in words and i will try my best.

i always like the sound be balance and flat, with nice clarity and sound stage. Also sound natural with "real and live" (imagine in the real world how the instruments sound like).
my favorite reference gears are ipod touch 5th gen, ibasso d-zero mk2, grace m9xx, DT880, DT1770, UM3x, AK Rosie. (also i like jh13v2 and lyla)
too bad today i only bring a ipod touch....
UE and Fitear i did some test some times ago, both of it are nice but not my favorite.
So u might can imagine what kind of sound i prefer.

2 drivers IEM:
well balance and natural, nice high and mid but the low do not extend more enough due to the design, it purposely been cut till a frequency which explain by ziixtreme.
sound stage and clarity also good.
for me i think it can be better than westone w4r(by memory, i listen with it for a week) if ignore the "kurang syok low" tongue.gif
with only 2 drivers it really impressed me a lot.

3 Drivers V2:
With Silver cable. sound balance and nice in every area, but the high might abit over. the low feel like a little bit disturbing the other area. Feel a bit "chaos" when bass and drum come in.

with copper cable(correct me if wrong). everything go back to normal. high, mid, low had been grew up and being more steady. being a good girl sitting over there and sing for you.

with this 2 different cable it feel like comparing a w4r with um3x, um3x is flat and balance and the w4r is pull up whole frequency. but w4r still maintain it nice without feeling of chaos.

conclusion.
the whole iem is well made with good quality, not perfect but i believe he will solve it. sound stage and clarity no matter is 2 or 3 drivers it still maintain the same level, and of cause as with more drivers the sound perform better. Really cant wait to test his 4 and 5 drivers iem.
Personally i feel it sound more close to fitear and UE, i hope it can add a bit more lively tongue.gif

i believe when he announce the price it really can competitive with others big brands with affordable price.

ps. i tested UE 18+ 2 days ago... after listen to this 3 drivers V2, it really give me more surprise how it perform.

This post has been edited by koinmove: Mar 11 2017, 06:02 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 11 2017, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(koinmove @ Mar 11 2017, 05:06 PM)
was a pleasure to have a chance to meet up with ziixtremem, a guy with good passion on creating iem with good quality especially it is buatan Malaysia.
I did test 4 imes, but i try to post my review asap when i still remember so i only summarize 2 iems. tongue.gif

Different ppl have diffrent kind of listening, i will write down how i feel with the iems i had listened. I'm not that good descript in words and i will try my best.

i always like the sound be balance and flat, with nice clarity and sound stage. Also sound natural with "real and live" (imagine in the real world how the instruments sound like).
my favorite reference gears are ipod touch 5th gen, ibasso d-zero mk2, grace m9xx, DT880, DT1770, UM3x, AK Rosie. (also i like jh13v2 and lyla)
too bad today i only bring a ipod touch....
UE and Fitear i did some test some times ago, both of it are nice but not my favorite.
So u might can imagine what kind of sound i prefer.

2 drivers IEM:
well balance and natural, nice high and mid but the low do not extend more enough due to the design, it purposely been cut till a frequency which explain by ziixtreme.
sound stage and clarity also good.
for me i think it can be better than westone w4r(by memory, i listen with it for a week) if ignore the "kurang syok low" tongue.gif
with only 2 drivers it really impressed me a lot.

3 Drivers V2:
With Silver cable. sound balance and nice in every area, but the high might abit over. the low feel like a little bit disturbing the other area. Feel a bit "chaos" when bass and drum come in.

with copper cable(correct me if wrong).  everything go back to normal. high, mid, low had been grew up and being more steady. being a good girl sitting over there and sing for you.

with this 2 different cable it feel like comparing a w4r with um3x, um3x is flat and balance and the w4r is pull up whole frequency. but w4r still maintain it nice without feeling of chaos.
conclusion.
the whole iem is well made with good quality, not perfect but i believe he will solve it. sound stage and clarity no matter is 2 or 3 drivers it still maintain the same level, and of cause as with more drivers the sound perform better. Really cant wait to test his 4 and 5 drivers iem.
Personally i feel it sound more close to fitear and UE, i hope it can add a bit more lively tongue.gif

i believe when he announce the price it really can competitive with others big brands.
Thank you for your review on my iem, it's a pleasure to meet you as well, and it was really really nice of you to let me listen to your AK Angie! Chance like this doesn't come often.
power911
post Mar 11 2017, 10:07 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Mar 11 2017, 01:11 PM)
poslaju or pos biasa in my area is always top notch because they remember me and they know when I'm around or not. tongue.gif

however city link in my area is a pain
VagueConcerns
post Mar 12 2017, 12:12 AM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Mar 11 2017, 10:07 PM)
poslaju or pos biasa in my area is always top notch because they remember me and they know when I'm around or not. tongue.gif

Those postmen like their job, so they do it properly. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by VagueConcerns: Mar 12 2017, 12:12 AM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 12 2017, 01:05 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Mar 11 2017, 10:07 PM)

Wow, the DIY guru power911 also in my thread… honored! Learned a lot from you last time on modding soundcard haha!
TSziixtreme
post Mar 12 2017, 06:12 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

I am thinking should I start a facebook page instagram and twitter account for this DIY stuff?
noobandroid
post Mar 13 2017, 09:19 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

hmm, i just came back from canjam with a wiz sage, and my friend's k10 encore, so a showdowns between 2 of my cherry picked iems and yours? pm me if u dare tongue.gif
TSziixtreme
post Mar 13 2017, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 13 2017, 09:19 PM)
hmm, i just came back from canjam with a wiz sage, and my friend's k10 encore, so a showdowns between 2 of my cherry picked iems and yours? pm me if u dare tongue.gif
Of course. You've got PM
power911
post Mar 14 2017, 04:46 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 12 2017, 02:05 AM)
Wow, the DIY guru power911 also in my thread… honored! Learned a lot from you last time on modding soundcard haha!
wowe
I only give opinions only le.

now my hobby shift to flashlight d
thanks to you I kinda wanna diy earphones d
TSziixtreme
post Mar 14 2017, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Mar 14 2017, 04:46 PM)
wowe

Hahaha, you can try to DIY, but it's not easy I can say. Countless money spent and countless drivers destroyed in the process. Shifting to flashlight like my friend here. His house have nothing but flashlight.
In order to DIY earphones, you need
IEC-711
Soldering station
Precision drill (used by dentist)
UV Baking oven
Lots of BA drivers
Lots of patience
Steady hands
Good eyesight
A pair of golden ears (after diy-ing so many earphones, I can hear -2db imbalance between left and right)

Good luck to you if you wish to go this route. I can answer your questions if I know.

power911
post Mar 14 2017, 10:50 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 14 2017, 11:40 PM)
Hahaha, you can try to DIY, but it's not easy I can say. Countless money spent and countless drivers destroyed in the process. Shifting to flashlight like my friend here. His house have nothing but flashlight.
In order to DIY earphones, you need
IEC-711
Soldering station
Precision drill (used by dentist)
UV Baking oven
Lots of BA drivers
Lots of patience
Steady hands
Good eyesight
A pair of golden ears (after diy-ing so many earphones, I can hear -2db imbalance between left and right)

Good luck to you if you wish to go this route. I can answer your questions if I know.
other than IEC-711 and money, I believe these are the only thing stopping me from this route hahaha.
better off leave this to your hands icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by power911: Mar 14 2017, 10:51 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 15 2017, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Mar 14 2017, 10:50 PM)
other than IEC-711 and money, I believe these are the only thing stopping me from this route hahaha.
better off leave this to your hands icon_idea.gif
Hahahaha, I did some stupid mistakes before when DIY-ing earphones last time, experience is all that you need.

By the way here are some teasers:
TF10 Reshelled
user posted image
user posted image
noobandroid
post Mar 15 2017, 04:24 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Mar 14 2017, 04:46 PM)
wowe

flashlight of fleshlight oh brows.gif
TSziixtreme
post Mar 16 2017, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 15 2017, 04:24 PM)
that is one interesting hobby... thumbup.gif
victorlow
post Mar 16 2017, 11:05 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 16 2017, 12:02 PM)
that is one interesting hobby... thumbup.gif
I've tried making custom silicone sleeves, after that experience I understand why so few manufacturers offer it as a option even though silicone is more comfortable and forms a better seal to your skin.
TSziixtreme
post Mar 17 2017, 07:50 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(victorlow @ Mar 16 2017, 11:05 PM)
I've tried making custom silicone sleeves, after that experience I understand why so few manufacturers offer it as a option even though silicone is more comfortable and forms a better seal to your skin.
No matter what silicone you use, there is always a loss in some frequency of the sound. Custom is the best.
power911
post Mar 17 2017, 09:24 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 15 2017, 05:24 PM)
why not both? brows.gif brows.gif brows.gif
victorlow
post Mar 17 2017, 11:29 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 17 2017, 07:50 AM)
No matter what silicone you use, there is always a loss in some frequency of the sound. Custom is the best.
tongue.gif i was trying to add to that discussion by being vague about what the silicone sleeve was, could be a tip, a grip, in all three cases the same techniques are used to make a custom.

But seriously the process of making and tuning an iem using filters and different lengths of tubing is easy to do but hard to do right, the whole process can be fun in and of itself but fair warning to anyone thinking that its cheaper, it isn't. After time and material costs its about the same if not more than buying a finished iem off the shelf.

This post has been edited by victorlow: Mar 17 2017, 11:29 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 18 2017, 09:13 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(victorlow @ Mar 17 2017, 11:29 PM)
tongue.gif i was trying to add to that discussion by being vague about what the silicone sleeve was, could be a tip, a grip, in all three cases the same techniques are used to make a custom.

But seriously the process of making and tuning an iem using filters and different lengths of tubing is easy to do but hard to do right, the whole process can be fun in and of itself but fair warning to anyone thinking that its cheaper, it isn't. After time and material costs its about the same if not more than buying a finished iem off the shelf.
You are correct. My investment is 5digits already. It's fun yes, but time consuming. 2way crossover is easy but anything more than that all I can say is good luck! And one more thing, getting the resin to form a beautiful shell takes many many many practices and effort. Everything needs to be taken into account.

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Mar 18 2017, 09:15 PM
noobandroid
post Mar 19 2017, 10:13 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

my iem of cjsg, sage wiz and aries 2+

now your iem gonna have a tougher life

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSziixtreme
post Mar 19 2017, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 19 2017, 10:13 AM)
my iem of cjsg, sage wiz and aries 2+

now your iem gonna have a tougher life
Lol... I am not worried at all because I've heard those tongue.gif
I also have secret weapon to back me up hehehehe. By the way, those mmcx or 2pin cable?

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Mar 19 2017, 01:52 PM
noobandroid
post Mar 19 2017, 02:47 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 19 2017, 01:50 PM)
Lol... I am not worried at all because I've heard those tongue.gif
I also have secret weapon to back me up hehehehe. By the way, those mmcx or 2pin cable?
they are 2 pins, you have heard it on the weak normal cable, not in this cable yet
TSziixtreme
post Mar 19 2017, 06:16 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 19 2017, 02:47 PM)
they are 2 pins, you have heard it on the weak normal cable, not in this cable yet
Haha, a cable cannot beat superior crossover design tongue.gif
a note for you, my cable is no slouch either hehehehe, I've read the Aries 2+ specs and devil.gif
My 3 drivers IEM have a small issue due to that day a bull use a cheapskate MMCX jack on it, almost destroy the female jack. Luckily it's still functioning. But the cable cannot re-plug in after being taken out. But still works perfectly for testing purposes just aesthetically not pleasant to the eye.

by the way:
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Mar 19 2017, 06:45 PM
TSziixtreme
post Apr 12 2017, 12:28 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

I've done my 2 drivers shell into a universal testing unit, pictures are as follow, enjoy!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

TSziixtreme
post Apr 12 2017, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

By the way, here is an Audiotechnica ESW9 sent to me for detachable cable modification

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
dennisbklow
post Apr 12 2017, 09:48 AM

Casual
336 posts

My beloved has gone detachable rclxms.gif
TSziixtreme
post Apr 12 2017, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(dennisbklow @ Apr 12 2017, 09:48 AM)
My beloved has gone detachable rclxms.gif
Will send back to you when I get the time~ thumbsup.gif
Lurker
post Apr 12 2017, 08:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
3,853 posts

Nice to see localized service.
Can reshell universal to customs?
noobandroid
post Apr 12 2017, 10:35 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Apr 12 2017, 08:41 PM)
he has done quite a lot, but depending on the type of iem too
TSziixtreme
post Apr 13 2017, 01:37 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Apr 12 2017, 08:41 PM)
Reshelling Universal into customs can be done, so far the IEM that i've done are TF10(most common, one is on the way), Shure SE535+one super high frequency driver, JH5. Known IEM that cannot be done are IE800, IE80, Beyerdynamic Xelento, Sony MDR-EX1000, XBA-H/A series.
QUOTE(noobandroid @ Apr 12 2017, 10:35 PM)
he has done quite a lot, but depending on the type of iem too
I wanted to reshell Noble~ devil.gif Reshell explore & copy. Nothing is "uncopyable"
noobandroid
post Apr 13 2017, 08:24 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Apr 13 2017, 01:37 AM)
Reshelling Universal into customs can be done, so far the IEM that i've done are TF10(most common, one is on the way), Shure SE535+one super high frequency driver, JH5. Known IEM that cannot be done are IE800, IE80, Beyerdynamic Xelento, Sony MDR-EX1000, XBA-H/A series.

I wanted to reshell Noble~  devil.gif  Reshell explore & copy. Nothing is "uncopyable"
too bad mine is a wiz version, already badassery by itself haha, no need reshell
TSziixtreme
post Apr 13 2017, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Apr 13 2017, 08:24 AM)
too bad mine is a wiz version, already badassery by itself haha, no need reshell

Too bad it's not a custom XD
zamorin
post Apr 13 2017, 01:25 PM

Resident Carouser
6,775 posts

Lucky we got you in Malaysia, KL somemore. I was about to ship mine to philipines for recabling rclxms.gif

BTW, anyone wants to let go their TF10? Thinking of going CIEM route with it. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by zamorin: Apr 13 2017, 01:26 PM
TSziixtreme
post Apr 13 2017, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(zamorin @ Apr 13 2017, 01:25 PM)
Lucky we got you in Malaysia, KL somemore. I was about to ship mine to philipines for recabling rclxms.gif
BTW, anyone wants to let go their TF10? Thinking of going CIEM route with it. biggrin.gif
I will be rolling out my own CIEM brand very soon. Now it's just some paper works and demo units preparations. TF10 is good thou IMO.
zamorin
post Apr 13 2017, 08:44 PM

Resident Carouser
6,775 posts

thumbup.gif
TSziixtreme
post Apr 23 2017, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

I have no idea is there any Fitear fans here. Anybody heard of Fitear MH334 before? Well, here is the graph of it.

And this is Ziixtreme Pirate334
user posted image

Enjoy~~~

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Jun 10 2017, 06:12 PM
dennisbklow
post Apr 28 2017, 10:15 AM

Casual
336 posts

Match made in heaven.
My revived ESW9 mmcx cable mod. Even internal cable has been upgraded.
Result? It gave me the WOW factor....bass hits deeper and and the "slight veil" has been lifted.
Separation improved too. rclxms.gif
Workmanship is top notch thumbup.gif
Best thing I can swap cables in a jiffy..

This post has been edited by dennisbklow: Apr 28 2017, 10:18 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Lego Warfare
post Apr 29 2017, 03:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,619 posts

Do you make your own cables as well? Need a replacement 2-pin cable smile.gif
TSziixtreme
post Apr 29 2017, 06:58 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Apr 29 2017, 03:34 PM)
Do you make your own cables as well? Need a replacement 2-pin cable smile.gif
Hi, I make my own cables as well. Please pm me and specify what you need. Thanks
advTech
post Jun 5 2017, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Apr 29 2017, 06:58 PM)
Hi, I make my own cables as well. Please pm me and specify what you need. Thanks
wow TF you are just ........ notworthy.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jun 5 2017, 11:59 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(advTech @ Jun 5 2017, 10:26 PM)
wow TF you are just ........  notworthy.gif
All started on a hobby biggrin.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jun 10 2017, 06:19 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

It's been a while since I last posted something here are some recent projects:

Harn (Shure SE535)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Audio Technica ES7 (Jaben Customer)
user posted image
user posted image

Modified to MMCX Connection

More to come !!!!

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Jun 11 2017, 07:02 AM
dhexxter
post Jun 11 2017, 08:07 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 15 2017, 02:39 PM)
Hahahaha, I did some stupid mistakes before when DIY-ing earphones last time, experience is all that you need.

By the way here are some teasers:
TF10 Reshelled
user posted image
user posted image
Whoa I wanna wanna rclxms.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jun 19 2017, 06:31 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(dhexxter @ Jun 11 2017, 08:07 AM)
Whoa I wanna wanna rclxms.gif
You can buy a lot of those materials from alixpress. smile.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jun 19 2017, 06:32 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

As of today I am pleased to announce that I am opening a CIEM business and product launch will be announced very soon. For all the people that will be interested do pay attention to the thread.
echineko
post Jun 19 2017, 06:53 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

It's a tough business to break into for sure, but all the best with that. Looking forward to see what plans you have regarding product line.
phillip88
post Jun 19 2017, 10:10 AM

Sound of Silence
1,050 posts

Congrats on your new business. Can't wait to see your product catalog.

Good luck!
TSziixtreme
post Jun 19 2017, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Jun 19 2017, 10:10 AM)
Congrats on your new business. Can't wait to see your product catalog.

Good luck!
Thank you. Product catalog will come very soon. Demo unit will also be available at an earphone shop in Malaysia for testing. You also can buy from them.
phillip88
post Jun 19 2017, 10:57 AM

Sound of Silence
1,050 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jun 19 2017, 10:47 AM)
Thank you. Product catalog will come very soon. Demo unit will also be available at an earphone shop in Malaysia for testing. You also can buy from them.
That's good to hear thumbsup.gif
Lego Warfare
post Jun 19 2017, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,619 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jun 19 2017, 06:32 AM)
As of today I am pleased to announce that I am opening a CIEM business and product launch will be announced very soon. For all the people that will be interested do pay attention to the thread.
Wow nice, local support!
If you need feedback, comparison, review, etc. i'd be happy to help as well. Forgot all about the 2-pin cable I need lol, but who knows maybe I might get a finished CIEM from you if I like the signature and price smile.gif
noobandroid
post Jun 19 2017, 07:45 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jun 19 2017, 10:47 AM)
grats man, where's my review unit? 😉
TSziixtreme
post Jun 20 2017, 08:00 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Jun 19 2017, 07:45 PM)
grats man, where's my review unit? 😉
You will have the whole lineup for review~ Don't worry biggrin.gif
ezekiel_77
post Jul 6 2017, 03:34 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
847 posts

Will there be a review tour? Where do i sign up? smile.gif
TSziixtreme
post Jul 6 2017, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Jul 6 2017, 03:34 PM)
Will there be a review tour? Where do i sign up? smile.gif
I will pm you the details.
dembaba9000
post Jul 14 2017, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,730 posts

congratulations bro. great to see new local blood!

on the side note, I wanna reshell a layla. PM me details.
TSziixtreme
post Jul 14 2017, 07:45 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(dembaba9000 @ Jul 14 2017, 11:15 AM)
congratulations bro. great to see new local blood!

on the side note, I wanna reshell a layla. PM me details.
You've got PM
ezekiel_77
post Jul 17 2017, 04:59 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
847 posts

I notice your new line-up will at the Stars Pickers' booth at KLIAV, so good luck and all the best! They're carrying the entire Jomo lineup too... M'sia vs Singapore! Hahahaha
TSziixtreme
post Jul 18 2017, 07:07 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Jul 17 2017, 04:59 PM)
I notice your new line-up will at the Stars Pickers' booth at KLIAV, so good luck and all the best! They're carrying the entire Jomo lineup too... M'sia vs Singapore! Hahahaha
Haha, there is no versus~ we are peaceful people biggrin.gif Both mine and Jomo tuning direction is different so can't really compare. It will all down to personal preference in the end~ biggrin.gif
ezekiel_77
post Jul 18 2017, 04:06 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
847 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Jul 18 2017, 07:07 AM)
Haha, there is no versus~ we are peaceful people biggrin.gif Both mine and Jomo tuning direction is different so can't really compare. It will all down to personal preference in the end~ biggrin.gif
Yeah that's true. Wish you all the best in the upcoming show.
liquidgal
post Jul 18 2017, 08:51 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

Tried the 6 drivers flagship prototype today. Impressed by the spacious sound stange and resolution. Imaging is smooth and airy. Comparable with other TOTL western brand CIEM which might cost 2-3 times more expensive! rclxms.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Jul 18 2017, 08:52 PM
Lego Warfare
post Jul 18 2017, 09:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,619 posts

QUOTE(liquidgal @ Jul 18 2017, 08:51 PM)
Tried the 6 drivers flagship prototype today. Impressed by the spacious sound stange and resolution. Imaging is smooth and airy. Comparable with other TOTL western brand CIEM which might cost 2-3 times more expensive!  rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif
Glad you guys are supporting local startup thumbup.gif
liquidgal
post Jul 18 2017, 11:00 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Jul 18 2017, 09:26 PM)
Glad you guys are supporting local startup thumbup.gif
We're just supporting good sound. smile.gif

It's not easy to break out of comfort zone, and start up a new businnes for niche market.
I saw how does Lee start as a DIY beginner and improving himself step by step, day by day. From reshell to dual-drivers, and now 6-drivers. I've auditioned the first prototype to the final version, I saw how does Lee push himself to get the best sonic performance.

Everytime when I thought "wow it really sounds nice and worth more than its price!" Lee told me that it will be nicer next week after changing the oooxxx drivers, and he never let my ears down. The newer version did sound better and better. After tuning for almost half year, today he finally said "it's final version because I don't know what else can be improved as a 6 drivers CIEM that cost 5k+ already."

Frankly speaking, I thought Lee was just lost his mind temporary when he told me that he wanted to make his own CIEM half year ago. I thought he will just quit after few weeks after realizing it's damn difficult job that will waste a lot of money and time, but he did prove that I was wrong. tongue.gif

Now the 6 drivers already has amazing nice sound, and Lee promised that the exterior design will be as perfect as those TOTL CIEM. Just can't wait to see the final version! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by liquidgal: Jul 18 2017, 11:02 PM
RaymondMZ
post Aug 27 2017, 09:18 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

It has been a while that Mr. Lee @ziixtreme did not update this thread.

Im here to update the work that he had done within these period.

Its from a UE900 -2 +4 BA + reshell

Wonder Handcraft.~! Thumbs up!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by RaymondMZ: Aug 27 2017, 09:27 PM
TSziixtreme
post Aug 29 2017, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is a picture of Mr. Raymond's UE902 tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
liquidgal
post Aug 29 2017, 04:14 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Aug 29 2017, 10:18 AM)
Here is a picture of Mr. Raymond's UE902  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Nice soldering. Looks clean and neat!
TSziixtreme
post Aug 29 2017, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(liquidgal @ Aug 29 2017, 04:14 PM)
Nice soldering. Looks clean and neat!
Thank you for the compliments! biggrin.gif
power911
post Aug 29 2017, 08:40 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Aug 29 2017, 11:18 AM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
omg my fav color. Guess I gotta save up for these
TSziixtreme
post Aug 29 2017, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Aug 29 2017, 08:40 PM)
omg my fav color. Guess I gotta save up for these
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif make sure you audition 1st
dennisbklow
post Aug 30 2017, 01:14 PM

Casual
336 posts

How many drivers in the end with the + & -?
TSziixtreme
post Sep 1 2017, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(dennisbklow @ Aug 30 2017, 01:14 PM)
How many drivers in the end with the + & -?
Total of 6 Drivers.
2 High
2 Mids
2 Low
3 way crossover
dennisbklow
post Sep 1 2017, 07:15 PM

Casual
336 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Sep 1 2017, 06:34 PM)
Total of 6 Drivers.
2 High
2 Mids
2 Low
3 way crossover
thumbsup.gif Only one existed rclxms.gif
koinmove
post Sep 3 2017, 03:46 PM

36 posts

This is my second review in this thread, special thanks to Mr.Lee for letting me to test his IEMs.

This time he let me try with his latest FLAGSHIP>> Hades 6 drivers for few days, and I am very exited with it because the first version i tested is nice.

Disclaimer: I am not a serious audiophile or professional, I'm just a person who like to listen music. This review is by my own preference, therefore I will write it short.

Test gear: Ipod, Ibasso D-zero mk2, Grace 9xx, UE 18+ (universal & custom).

Songs:
will update later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High: excellent details and extend very well without harsh. But might feel slightly "stiff", sorry I don/t how to describe it....

Mid: Very sweet, slightly warm and exelent Mid, first listening may make you feel like a mid-centric iem. nothing much to complain.

Bass: clear and details, high quality bass with enough quantity and not too much to punch your feeling. It very well extend and you even can listen the sub-bass.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion:

Is a very high performance iem, very good details and well extend on each frequency.
Incredible separation and positioning, but i think this also be it weak point because each part is too good and will feel like their (high, mid, low)
are fighting with each other.

Sound signature is different to UE, Hades consider is neutral sound.
For me compare to UE 18+ , 18+ is more relaxing on the listening. Separation/positioning and low extend are not as good as Hades.
High and mid both have different characteristic, depend on what kind of sound you like.

[add-on] Hades is a sensitive IEM, the volume i listening is slightly lower than my custom 18+ !!

Final Conclusion >> Hades is a IEM that VERY competitive to other flagship IEM!!
And i believe Elysian Acoustic will make their own perfect IEM soon.

user posted image user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by koinmove: Sep 3 2017, 04:45 PM
TSziixtreme
post Sep 3 2017, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(koinmove @ Sep 3 2017, 03:46 PM)
This is my second review in this thread, special thanks to Mr.Lee for letting me to test his IEMs.

This time he let me try with his latest FLAGSHIP>> Hades 6 drivers for few days, and I am very exited with it because the first version i tested is nice.

Disclaimer: I am not a serious audiophile or professional, I'm just a person who like to listen music. This review is by my own preference, therefore I will write it short.

Test gear:  Ipod, Ibasso D-zero mk2, Grace 9xx, UE 18+ (universal & custom).

Songs:
will update later.

High: excellent details and extend very well without harsh. But might feel slightly "hard", sorry I don/t how to describe it....

Mid: Very sweet, slightly warm and exelent Mid, first listening may make you feel like a mid-centric iem. nothing much to complain.

Bass:  clear and details, high quality bass with enough quantity and not too much to punch your feeling. It very well extend and you even can listen the sub-bass.

Conclusion:

Is a very high performance iem, very good details and well extend on each frequency.
Incredible separation and positioning, but i think this also be it weak point because each part is too good and will feel like their (high, mid, low)
are fighting with each other.

Sound signature is different to UE, Hades consider is neutral sound.
For me compare to UE 18+ , 18+ is more relaxing on the listening. Separation/positioning and low extend are not as good as Hades.
High and mid both have different characteristic, depend on what kind of sound you like. 

Conclusion is Hades is a IEM that VERY competitive to other flagship IEM!!
And i believe Elysian Acoustic will make their own perfect IEM soon.

user posted image  user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thank you very much on the feedback. I will take note and improve on future products.

koinmove
post Sep 3 2017, 05:34 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Aug 29 2017, 10:18 AM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Elysian Acoustic's casing workman craft is good, even my UE so call 3D printed make me feel disappointed...
Have flaws....

This post has been edited by koinmove: Sep 3 2017, 05:34 PM
TSziixtreme
post Sep 3 2017, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(koinmove @ Sep 3 2017, 05:34 PM)
Elysian Acoustic's casing workman craft is good, even my UE so call 3D printed make me feel disappointed...
Have flaws....
UE is all about the sound tuning. 3D printed shell is to fulfill the market demand.
TSziixtreme
post Sep 14 2017, 04:02 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Recently just play with this, quite an easy test bangwall.gif

user posted image
TSziixtreme
post Sep 27 2017, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is a something new to play:

user posted image

user posted image
CShien
post Sep 27 2017, 12:30 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Sep 27 2017, 01:25 PM)

user posted image

user posted image
How many driver is this? smile.gif
ahmadfaizadnan
post Sep 27 2017, 01:21 PM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Sep 27 2017, 12:25 PM)

user posted image

user posted image
I read a review at head-fi, someone compares 3 different ciem from Elysian. Is this one of 'em?
TSziixtreme
post Sep 30 2017, 09:12 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(CShien @ Sep 27 2017, 12:30 PM)
How many driver is this? smile.gif
This is a 3 drivers 3 way testing unit. Yet for sale and yet to be named.
TSziixtreme
post Sep 30 2017, 09:13 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Sep 27 2017, 01:21 PM)
I read a review at head-fi, someone compares 3 different ciem from Elysian. Is this one of 'em?
Nope, this is something new I made with some test unit drivers. Results are not bad.
TSziixtreme
post Sep 30 2017, 09:31 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

DT880 Detachable mod. Balance supported

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

for bro Azuradanial

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Sep 30 2017, 09:31 PM
ahmadfaizadnan
post Sep 30 2017, 11:31 PM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Sep 30 2017, 09:13 PM)
Nope, this is something new I made with some test unit drivers. Results are not bad.
Cool! keep us updated nod.gif
juzstrike
post Dec 2 2017, 01:23 PM

4 posts

Guess who had his JH13 reshelled by our one and only ElysianAcoustic ?

This post has been edited by juzstrike: Dec 2 2017, 01:24 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSziixtreme
post Dec 5 2017, 02:56 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(juzstrike @ Dec 2 2017, 01:23 PM)
Guess who had his JH13 reshelled by our one and only ElysianAcoustic ?
Thank you very much for this wonderful shot! Hope you enjoy your JH13 freqphase. Sorry for the delay. Having problem with shipping lately.
Chucky Munster
post Dec 12 2017, 03:13 AM

2 posts

Any mod that can be done to Shure 535(Red) to enhance it more?Recable is one idea.Any other ideas?
TSziixtreme
post Dec 13 2017, 09:13 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Chucky Munster @ Dec 12 2017, 03:13 AM)
Any mod that can  be done to Shure 535(Red) to enhance it more?Recable is one idea.Any other ideas?
Hi, for SE535 recable can only do so much. Best is to make it into a Custom, will improve the sound. And if you wanna take it further, you can add drivers to it. Another idea is that you can give my CIEM an audition at Stars Picker Audio Cafe. My 3 drivers CIEM would be much of an improvement over SE535.
Yong1028
post Sep 30 2018, 12:06 AM

31 posts

Have been visiting this thread since I ordered an EROS with Mr. Lee in KLIAV 2018. After a month or two, here I am posting an update of some pictures on the final product. It was sleek and look really nice. Craftsmanship was good and I cannot say more to denied it. Love the color and the soldering inside. As for the sound, its my preference (warm and a lot of headroom). Has been in love with it since demo'ing it at the show. I will let the picture do the talking smile.gif

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

yianyian91
post May 8 2019, 05:41 PM

8 posts

user posted image
Reshelling my UE 11 PRO - Thank you, Elysian Acoustic Labs!

5 Stars Service:
Elysian Acoustic has been extremely helpful throughout the whole process. Due to residing in Japan, I have to send my IEM all the way back to Malaysia and it got stuck in custom due to tax and etc. Elysian Acoustic will usually do the custom clearance for overseas customer. However, due to the owner has to be away for business trip and I wasn’t patient enough to wait, I have decided to go through the process of dealing with POS Malaysia and custom from overseas. Ugghhh…. The whole process was time consuming but Elysian Acoustic were very patient in guiding and assisting the whole custom clearance process.

5 Stars Quality:
Before decided to go for reshelling, I did some research online. There are some audiophiles mentioned that the sound might be different from how it originally sounded after reshelling, due to shell’s materials, positioning, etc. Before I found out about Elysian Acoustic, I contacted a few companies to inquire about reshelling my IEM, none of them are willing to take the deal because due to the mentioned reasons and they want to avoid customers’ complaints. However, when I contacted Elysian Acoustic, they are willing to do so and guaranteed no such issues will happen. Indeed, upon receiving, I tried it out immediately and it sounds the way it should be. Fantastico!! They are even kind enough to include a few accessories for me, thanks again!

Fortunately, I was able to meet the owner (LEE) of Elysian Acoustic in person because he was attending an earphone event in Japan, Tokyo a few weeks ago. I learned a lot from him and I got the opportunity to try a few models of Elysian Acoustic’s IEM. They all sounded great. I would definitely get one of them with Elysian Acoustic if I have not bought my UE 11 PRO. Some of them performed the same or better at a cheaper price range as compared to Ultimate Ears. If you are planning to get an IEM, definitely try out Elysian Acoustic. IEM and cables are all handcrafted and