Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My CIEM making Journey - Elysian Acoustic Labs, A passion for CIEM and DIY (DIY)

views

echineko
post Feb 18 2017, 08:12 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 18 2017, 06:43 AM)
Lol.... I will post the picture of the CIEM soon. I have 2 in progress. Will upload after done. The universal fit is for testing purposes, so anyone can enjoy it.  nod.gif
Lulz, thought that might be the case tongue.gif

Interesting developments to be sure, good luck with the (not so much anymore) hobby! biggrin.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 21 2017, 08:24 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is one of my latest creation. Meet Rumble!!! biggrin.gif or so the name I gave it.

It's a 3 drivers 3 way crossover Hybrid configuration that I made. What is a hybrid? Well, just to cut it short, hybrid consists of Dynamic and BA drivers mix in one unit.
Usually dynamic drivers are used as a bass unit, this is no exception. Dynamic drivers are known to have powerful bass but lack response. There is also a trait of the dynamic driver that I do not like. And that is the driver's back end emitting sound. This might sound insignificant but in a custom IEM design, that could be fatal. The back end sound must be managed properly so that it doesn't flow back to the sound bore through the dynamic's back end. There are some hybrid designs that is have this problem but I will not quote any name. To me this is a problem that had to be solved and I've figured a solution for it. Here are the pictures, enjoy.

***note that this is a universal type shell for testing purposes, so anybody can test it out***

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Feb 21 2017, 02:54 PM
echineko
post Feb 21 2017, 09:08 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

Don't know how it sounds, but good job on the effort. Can't imagine what it's like to make something like that on your own, thems some mad skills biggrin.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 21 2017, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Feb 21 2017, 09:08 AM)
Don't know how it sounds, but good job on the effort. Can't imagine what it's like to make something like that on your own, thems some mad skills biggrin.gif
I think my hybrids can go head to head with any hybrid because mine surely sounded different due to my special design. By the way, If I were to make something like a gathering to test my stuff vs all the big guys, bring whatever gear you got to compare, do you think anybody would come for it?
TSziixtreme
post Feb 26 2017, 08:14 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Improvement made over my 3 drivers 2 way crossover design with 2 sound bores to separate the low and high frequency. Improvements are obvious.

user posted image

And now it is time to go to the main purpose of this thread............ thumbup.gif

user posted image

Taken by myself a few days ago. Not perfect but will do

After processing and shaping:

user posted image

More to come!!! Stay tuned
Lego Warfare
post Feb 26 2017, 09:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,619 posts

How much would you price your own IEMs? wink.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 26 2017, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Feb 26 2017, 09:52 AM)
How much would you price your own IEMs? wink.gif
Depends on what range. Definitely cheaper than UE.

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Feb 28 2017, 04:56 AM
TSziixtreme
post Feb 28 2017, 04:58 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

A new cable 2 color, silver + blue
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
raynman
post Feb 28 2017, 08:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

Amazing and beautiful craftsmanship. thumbsup.gif
TSziixtreme
post Feb 28 2017, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

My IEM vs the big guys, anybody interested???
Date: Suggestion
Venue: Suggestion

People who are interested, please post your reply here for any suggestion.
shyan90's
post Mar 3 2017, 10:24 PM

Casual
305 posts

THX BRO FOR FIXING MY Z2300 CONTROL POD JACK!!!!
Anazing and clean craftmanship really superb!!!!!!!!!!
Up!!!
Attached Image

This post has been edited by shyan90's: Mar 3 2017, 10:27 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 3 2017, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(shyan90's @ Mar 3 2017, 10:24 PM)
THX BRO FOR FIXING MY Z2300 CONTROL POD JACK!!!!
Anazing and clean craftmanship really superb!!!!!!!!!!
Up!!!
Attached Image
Thanks for the support! Hope you enjoy your Z2300 for many more years to come! rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif thumbup.gif
TSziixtreme
post Mar 4 2017, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Here is another request from another forumer. This is a very popular job which are offered by many CIEM makers.

Pictures??? Sure:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Will post the picture after finishing the product.
Hahnis
post Mar 4 2017, 09:32 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Feb 21 2017, 08:24 AM)
Here is one of my latest creation. Meet Rumble!!! biggrin.gif or so the name I gave it.

It's a 3 drivers 3 way crossover Hybrid configuration that I made. What is a hybrid? Well, just to cut it short, hybrid consists of Dynamic and BA drivers mix in one unit.
Usually dynamic drivers are used as a bass unit, this is no exception. Dynamic drivers are known to have powerful bass but lack response. There is also a trait of the dynamic driver that I do not like. And that is the driver's back end emitting sound. This might sound insignificant but in a custom IEM design, that could be fatal. The back end sound must be managed properly so that it doesn't flow back to the sound bore through the dynamic's back end. There are some hybrid designs that is have this problem but I will not quote any name. To me this is a problem that had to be solved and I've figured a solution for it. Here are the pictures, enjoy.

***note that this is a universal type shell for testing purposes, so anybody can test it out***

user posted image

user posted image
How much would you charged for this + custom shell? I'm interested..

TSziixtreme
post Mar 5 2017, 03:23 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Hahnis @ Mar 4 2017, 09:32 PM)
How much would you charged for this + custom shell? I'm interested..
You've got PM
ClieOS
post Mar 8 2017, 01:35 PM

In-Ear Addict
1,060 posts

Got a chance to listen to bro ziixtreme's new dual triple driver, and I am pretty impressed - it is overall neutral and very detailed, but with a small hit of warmness and a solid (though not large) bottom end. Kind of reminded me of Etymotic ER4XR that I listened a few weeks ago, but with even better bass depth and texture. With the stock cable, It can get a little bright, but still not enough to be referred as sibilant. I tried my own MMCX cable (just some regular OFC cable) and the brightness is tamped down and sound very balanced to my ears. Overall, I think the SQ is pretty solid and ready even as an commercial product. The build quality is decent as well - not as good as big brand CIEM though I didn't see any obvious problem either. There are certainly room for improvement. The only real issue I have with the demo set is that the nozzle's shape isn't very well formed and the eartips keep falling out. But as I had been told that this is designed to be CIEM and not universal, I guess the problem will be a non-issue at the end. Overall, bro ziixtreme has done a great job on his dual triple driver. Those who enjoy sound signature that is a balance between neutral and warmth will definitely like this dual triple driver setup.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by ClieOS: Mar 8 2017, 09:00 PM
TSziixtreme
post Mar 8 2017, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(ClieOS @ Mar 8 2017, 01:35 PM)
Got a chance to listen to bro ziixtreme's new dual driver, and I am pretty impressed - it is overall neutral and very detailed, but with a small hit of warmness and a solid (though not large) bottom end. Kind of reminded me of Etymotic ER4XR that I listened a few weeks ago, but with even better bass depth and texture. With the stock cable, It can get a little bright, but still not enough to be referred as sibilant. I tried my own MMCX cable (just some regular OFC cable) and the brightness is tamped down and sound very balanced to my ears. Overall, I think the SQ is pretty solid and ready even as an commercial product. The build quality is decent as well - not as good as big brand CIEM though I didn't see any obvious problem either. There are certainly room for improvement. The only real issue I have with the demo set is that the nozzle's shape isn't very well formed and the eartips keep falling out. But as I had been told that this is designed to be CIEM and not universal, I guess the problem will be a non-issue at the end. Overall, bro ziixtreme has done a great job on his dual driver. Those who enjoy sound signature that is a balance between neutral and warmth will definitely like this dual driver setup.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Dear bro ClieOS, this is a triple driver biggrin.gif
Anyway thanks for the feedback on my thread

This post has been edited by ziixtreme: Mar 8 2017, 05:29 PM
Tmcproduced
post Mar 8 2017, 08:39 PM

1 posts

Where's you location ? I'm interested to audit Your hybrid....
TSziixtreme
post Mar 8 2017, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Tmcproduced @ Mar 8 2017, 08:39 PM)
Where's you location ? I'm interested to audit Your hybrid....
You've got PM.
ClieOS
post Mar 8 2017, 08:58 PM

In-Ear Addict
1,060 posts

QUOTE(ziixtreme @ Mar 8 2017, 05:14 PM)
Dear bro ClieOS, this is a triple driver biggrin.gif
Anyway thanks for the feedback on my thread
Oops, my bad tongue.gif

10 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version