Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

monitor recomendations, looking to buy a monitor

views

TSlsm1991
post Dec 14 2016, 01:41 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
297 posts

have a budget of around 500-600 bucks just wanted to know if any of these monitors was a significantly better choice than the others? (yes i understand that some of them seem to very diferent from the others, but im more concerned about the screen quality.

Dell S2216H
pros:
-looks good
-relatively cheap, around 430?
-AH-IPS
-touch buttons (i love touch buttons)
cons
-seems like an old model?
-21.5 inch screen, of the bunch its the smaller one (only considering this model since i can get a good discount for it)
I have seen this monitor, but am wondering if there's a better option?

Viewsonic VA2419-sh
pros:
-large 24 inch screen
-cheap, very cheap at around 455 buck
-AH-IPS (or so they claim)
-contrast ratio seems very high at 3000:1
cons
-stand looks cheap
-hard buttons
-at extreme angles, seems blueish
anyone own this monitor? whats the screen like? is the panel decent, comparable to the dell??

Viewsonic VX2363Smhl
pros:
-large 23 inch screen
-cheap at around 490 buck
-2ms latency??
cons
-hard buttons
is the screen color reproduction/quality as good as the other cheaper

HP 22ES
-looks reallly good, best of the bunch if you ask me(aesthetically)
-relatively cheap, around 450?
cons
-also seems like an old model?
-21.5 inch screen, of the bunch its the smaller one (only considering this model since it seems decent)

LG 23" 23MP68VQ
-looks reallly good, as good as the hp?(aesthetically)
-relatively cheap, around 490?
cons
-has freesync, toobad no amd gpu
-costs around 550 or so, decent for a 24 inch screen i guess?

any opinions on these? just worried that the Viewsonic panel quality isnt on par with the dell panel quality. also not sure how the lg and hp fair. Would appreciate any comments or advise on picking one, thanks!!
pwei92
post Dec 14 2016, 09:27 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Dec 14 2016, 01:41 PM)
have a budget of around 500-600 bucks just wanted to know if any of these monitors was a significantly better choice than the others? (yes i understand that some of them seem to very diferent from the others, but im more concerned about the screen quality.

Dell S2216H
pros:
-looks good
-relatively cheap, around 430?
-AH-IPS
-touch buttons (i love touch buttons)
cons
-seems like an old model?
-21.5 inch screen, of the bunch its the smaller one (only considering this model since i can get a good discount for it)
I have seen this monitor, but am wondering if there's a better option?

Viewsonic VA2419-sh
pros:
-large 24 inch screen
-cheap, very cheap at around 455 buck
-contrast ratio seems very high at 3000:1
cons
-stand looks cheap
-hard buttons
-at extreme angles, seems blueish
anyone own this monitor? whats the screen like? is the panel decent, comparable to the dell??

Viewsonic VX2363Smhl
pros:
-large 23 inch screen
-cheap at around 490 buck
-2ms latency??
cons
-hard buttons
is the screen color reproduction/quality as good as the other cheaper

HP 22ES
-looks reallly good, best of the bunch if you ask me(aesthetically)
-relatively cheap, around 450?
cons
-21.5 inch screen, of the bunch its the smaller one (only considering this model since it seems decent)

LG 23" 23MP68VQ
-looks reallly good, as good as the hp?(aesthetically)
-relatively cheap, around 490?
cons
-has freesync, toobad no amd gpu
-costs around 550 or so, decent for a 24 inch screen i guess?
any opinions on these? just worried that the Viewsonic panel quality isnt on par with the dell panel quality. also not sure how the lg and hp fair. Would appreciate any comments or advise on picking one, thanks!!
as i know that VX2363 very nice la. i saw both monitor in ViewNet lowyat. maybe u should go there and take a look to solve ur problem.
but the AH-Ips i think they wont just claim that without any prove because will kena sue. hehe..
But the stand of Va2419 is glasses, duno y u said look cheap (anything happen on it )
TSlsm1991
post Dec 14 2016, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(pwei92 @ Dec 14 2016, 09:27 PM)
as i know that VX2363 very nice la. i saw both monitor in ViewNet lowyat. maybe u should go there and take a look to solve ur problem.
but the AH-Ips i think they wont just claim that without any prove because will kena sue. hehe..
But the stand of Va2419 is glasses, duno y u said look cheap (anything happen on it )
on lazada, both viewsonics are listed as AH-IPS screens.

BUT... its very strange. The VX2363 and Va2419 on the austalian viewsonic official site are listed as only ips while the VX2476-smhd is truely AH-IPS... its very weird when asked, no one can tell me anything, some just say we will get back to you. The only one they could say for sure was an ah-ips was the vx2476/2776 (spec sheet also explicitly specifies AH-IPS on these 2)..

infact.. it seems that even the dell isnt an ah-ips screen

hmm maybe ill have to go view them for myself
TSlsm1991
post Dec 16 2016, 01:14 AM

Getting Started
297 posts

just an update...
-the viewsonics are not ah-ips, that much is confirmed the screens were still very nice, just that the build isnt as solid as the rest.
- The hp was really really nice (i really mean it) but omergawd when compared to a 4ms samsung screen on the spot, you could very obviously see the delay......
(samsung's 'DPS' TN screens are surprisingly nice to be honest)
-dell general allrounder,
-went with the lg, which strangely enough was the ONLY one i could not test on the spot.... (cause if its no good, i can change it for another model)
pwei92
post Dec 16 2016, 10:58 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Dec 16 2016, 01:14 AM)
just an update...
-the viewsonics are not ah-ips, that much is confirmed the screens were still very nice, just that the build isnt as solid as the rest.
- The hp was really really nice (i really mean it) but omergawd when compared to a 4ms samsung screen on the spot, you could very obviously see the delay......
(samsung's 'DPS' TN screens are surprisingly nice to be honest)
-dell general allrounder,
-went with the lg, which strangely enough was the ONLY one i could not test on the spot.... (cause if its no good, i can change it for another model)
VX2363 is AH-IPS while VA2419 or VA2719 is ADS- IPS
TSlsm1991
post Dec 16 2016, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(pwei92 @ Dec 16 2016, 10:58 AM)
VX2363 is AH-IPS while VA2419 or VA2719 is ADS- IPS
is it?? very confusing..... anyway shall wait in glee for the monitor to arrive laugh.gif
pwei92
post Dec 17 2016, 10:29 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Dec 16 2016, 11:07 AM)
is it?? very confusing..... anyway shall wait in glee for the monitor to arrive laugh.gif
VX2363, VA2419, VA2719 all ald arrive.. sweat.gif can go viewnet take a look got a display there.
the VX2363 is AH-IPS and with 2ms(using software to turn down the ms)
TSlsm1991
post Dec 18 2016, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(pwei92 @ Dec 17 2016, 10:29 AM)
VX2363, VA2419, VA2719 all ald arrive..  sweat.gif can go viewnet take a look got a display there.
the VX2363 is AH-IPS and with 2ms(using software to turn down the ms)
haha i mean my lg to arrive (i bought it online)

already arrived, oh so fun!
pwei92
post Dec 18 2016, 05:17 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Dec 18 2016, 01:22 PM)

oh i misunderstand.. haha
shamsulaswad
post Dec 19 2016, 04:20 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Dec 18 2016, 01:22 PM)

review?
TSlsm1991
post Dec 19 2016, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(shamsulaswad @ Dec 19 2016, 04:20 PM)
review?
haha not a screen expert, so far, all i can say is this

looks/design: alright i guess, nothing too fancy, all of the monitors in the bunch had really thin bezels anyway. The ports plug straight into the rear so yeah, it does eat up abit of space behind the monitor. (no idea why they didnt install the ports facing down. The monitor is controlled physically via a joystick, its alright just dont like the extra effort to bring the gui up, before being able to turn the screen off, ahh well, one extra tug. They also have on screen controls but nothing special, rest have them too (i think?)

built quality: alright, nothing fancy, the rear (board i guess) of the screen flexed quite abit when trying to plug in the power plug and hdmi cable. The stand itself is pretty decent, does not shake alot even when rocked. the frame and plastics used are same like most of the other monitors; glossy. While it looks nice and all, the glossy material is probably prone to microscratches so i left all the protective plastics on. Of the bunch only the dell and hp really much nicer to touch.

screen: The screen itself is great!. The colors are pretty good but it isnt as vibrant as some of the samsung tn monitors i viewed. I guess this is a good and bad thing? good cause it looks somewhat realistic, bad cause some ppl prefer the 'fakeish' exaggerated colors (on the fence about this). Its supposed to be able to run at half the latency, 2ms in game mode, cant really tell if there's any dif from the normal cinema modes haha. Its also built with freesync so, yeah, since i didnt have a amd gpu, i just set it to 75hz and ran with that. (also not sure how to test if its really running at 75 hz). Some of the preset settings however seem like a waste of time.... god knows why they even included some of the resets in there.
shamsulaswad
post Dec 19 2016, 11:44 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Dec 19 2016, 05:28 PM)
haha not a screen expert, so far, all i can say is this

looks/design: alright i guess, nothing too fancy, all of the monitors in the bunch had really thin bezels anyway. The ports plug straight into the rear so yeah, it does eat up abit of space behind the monitor. (no idea why they didnt install the ports facing down. The monitor is controlled physically via a joystick, its alright just dont like the extra effort to bring the gui up, before being able to turn the screen off, ahh well, one extra tug. They also have on screen controls but nothing special, rest have them too (i think?)

built quality: alright, nothing fancy, the rear (board i guess) of the screen flexed quite abit when trying to plug in the power plug and hdmi cable. The stand itself is pretty decent, does not shake alot even when rocked. the frame and plastics used are same like most of the other monitors; glossy. While it looks nice and all, the glossy material is probably prone to microscratches so i left all the protective plastics on. Of the bunch only the dell and hp really much nicer to touch.

screen: The screen itself is great!. The colors are pretty good but it isnt as vibrant as some of the samsung tn monitors i viewed. I guess this is a good and bad thing? good cause it looks somewhat realistic, bad cause some ppl prefer the 'fakeish' exaggerated colors (on the fence about this). Its supposed to be able to run at half the latency, 2ms in game mode, cant really tell if there's any dif from the normal cinema modes haha. Its also built with freesync so, yeah, since i didnt have a amd gpu, i just set it to 75hz and ran with that. (also not sure how to test if its really running at 75 hz). Some of the preset settings however seem like a waste of time.... god knows why they even included some of the resets in there.
Thanks for the review bro..sound decent enough and as long u like it thats the only matter..majority of the time use for work or gaming?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:00 PM