Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V28, Free Upgrade In 2017

views

dr_zoidberg
post Dec 13 2016, 09:46 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

I'll be getting Unifi early next year, and I'm deciding whether I can go for the wired option or the Wi-Fi option.

If I go for the wired option, I have to lay cables at the home, and mine's a 3-storey one which doesn't have any ethernet ports, so I'm not sure if I could run these cables all the way from the ground to the top floor.

But if I go for the wireless option, I worried that the wireless dongles I have can have drop/high latency when I game online.

Any opinions? smile.gif
dr_zoidberg
post Dec 13 2016, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(djhenry91 @ Dec 13 2016, 09:56 AM)
is ur house single phase or double phase wiring?
only reason i ask this because based on ur need home plug is only solution if dont want cables and wifi got latency problem
It's single for now - I heard that home plug needs one full empty outlet, right? Sadly most of my electrical outlets seemed to be occupied. I might add a few ones though if all is necessary. biggrin.gif
dr_zoidberg
post Dec 13 2016, 10:52 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(poh880 @ Dec 13 2016, 10:17 AM)
I would say if you plan for 100M, go for cable. homeplug or wireless may give you a headache.
Mine's subscribed 30M this time - so I'll go for wired.

I'll try to speak to their agents on the wiring or pay for the wireman to lay the cable around. smile.gif
dr_zoidberg
post Dec 13 2016, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Dec 13 2016, 01:45 PM)
Why not you get the Unifi in this month? You will get free upgrade if you apply before the end of 2016.
Unfortunately it's the residential area and housing developer problem in delivering their phone poles too late. We are speaking to the agents to negotiate for that free upgrade too. sad.gif
dr_zoidberg
post Jan 10 2017, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(Cyclone1 @ Jan 6 2017, 07:21 PM)
The Unifi has just launched in my landed housing area but at the day of installation, the contractor told me there is a blockade at the underground from the DP to the man hole in front of my house. Because of this they cannot lay the fiber and reported the issue to TM for them to resolve.

Anyone experience similar and issue? What will TM do and how long will TM take to resolve the issue? Will there be cost incurred to clear the blockade? Is there any other way to lay the cable or expedite the clearing process?

I have already called TM and they ask me to wait 1-2 weeks for them to respond. Sad face...
It also depends on the housing developer too. If the blockage is severe, they would request for alternative like erecting phone poles.

We have a similar situation, but it is being made worse by an uncooperative developer, you can read this story:
FMT article: No phone lines

Malaysiakini article

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1157sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:52 PM