3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

USD/MYR v5

views

powerlinkers
post Jul 6 2017, 06:43 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(alexanderclz @ Jun 4 2017, 12:45 PM)
well since 97/98, ringgit did go back to 2.9/3.0. nothing is impossible
In my opinion, ringgit is severely undervalued. Stable politics with high chance of BN is going to retain government, more than 5%gdp growth this year. We had Non-resident inflow into the government bond market amounted to RM9 billion in May, a second consecutive month of inflows, Bank negara simply can't stop ringgit appreciation further.
Should reach RM4 against 1 USD by end of this year: provided there is no federal reserve interest hike. If there is another hike: should expect RM 4.1 against 1 USD at the end of this year.
Possible
Dec 2018 RM 3.60
Dec 2019 RM 3.20

powerlinkers
post Jul 7 2017, 03:04 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Jul 7 2017, 08:51 AM)
Pipe dreams when your nation debt is rising so fast. Every year the budget is broken with supplementary budgets to prop it up.
This will break the camel's proverbial back as with all the nations deep in DEBT.
Malaysia's budget deficit has been reducing every year. Should be less than 3% this year compared to 6.7% in 2009.
We are expecting budget balance by year 2020.

Yes, every year: there have been supplementary budget: but it has been in a reducing trend.
powerlinkers
post Jul 14 2017, 12:26 PM

On my way
652 posts

https://www.eunittrust.com.my/pdf/research/CIO-TimeRipe.pdf
powerlinkers
post Jul 19 2017, 02:10 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(kopifan @ Jul 19 2017, 11:44 AM)
SGD on the march to 3.32 by Nov-17' imho hmm.gif
In my humble opinion : unlikely.
powerlinkers
post Aug 17 2017, 01:21 PM

On my way
652 posts

31st december 2017
1USD= RM4.1

August 16th
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/cred...sensus-forecast

Malaysia's 2nd quarter GDP growth figures will be released this Friday.

This post has been edited by powerlinkers: Aug 17 2017, 01:23 PM
powerlinkers
post Aug 22 2017, 12:13 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Garysydney @ Aug 22 2017, 12:03 PM)
I am about to retire in Malaysia after having worked in Australia for 30 years (still holding Malaysian citizenship, PR in Aust). I have built up about A$1mil (RM3.3mil) in my superfund (EPF equivalent) and intend to just use the earnings from my superfund to fund my retirement in Malaysia. Would i need to pay any tax if i live in Malaysia during my retirement? I have no intention to come back to live in Australia. I am 55 now. Thank you for your advice.
Malaysia is a highly capitalist country . Only a few countries in the world that do not charge capital gains tax in the world.

You do not need to pay tax for income repatriated from Australia in monthly basis to Malaysia.
You do not need to pay for income brought to Malaysia in lump sump as well( must be a legal income).
Malaysia has no capital gains tax except for properties sold less than 5 years from date of purchase.

Tax Exemptions on Income in Malaysia
Tax exemptions in Malaysia come in many forms, and can be defined as “a personal allowance or specific monetary exemption which may be claimed by an individual to reduce taxable income”. Generally speaking, it means they are income items which can be from (we refrain from using the word deductions here, because tax reliefs are also ‘deducted’ from your taxable income) the individual’s paycheck. Below you will find a full list of those items for you to get a general idea:
1) Leave Passage
2) Medical and dental benefit
3) Retirement gratuity
4) Gratuity paid out of public funds
5) Gratuity paid to a contract officer
6) Compensation for loss of employment
7) Pensions
8) Death gratuities
9) Scholarships
10) Cultural performances
11) Interest
12) Dividend
13) Royalty
14) Income Remitted from Outside Malaysia
15) Fees or Honorarium for Expert Services
16) Income Derived from Research Findings
17) Company Special Service Awards
18) Travelling Allowances
19) Benefits in Kind Exemptions

https://ringgitplus.com/en/blog/Personal-Fi...Guide-2016.html
You should consult a tax attorney if you have any company incorporated in Australia that you wish to transfer ownership to a Malaysian company.

There are extremely less intelligent people talking nonsense about Malaysian economy.

Our inflation is under control. Malaysian economy is robust with GDP growth 2017 1st Q: 5.6% and 2nd Q: 5.8%.
IMF, world bank ,BNM , international rating agencies would be increasing our GDP growth target for 2017 soon. It should be 5.5 % upwards.

Read IMF report
Malaysia : 2017 Article IV Consultation-Press Release, 28th Apr 2017
https://www.imf.org/~/media/Files/Publicati...17/cr17101.ashx

Read BNM report
Q2 2017 report.
http://www.bnm.gov.my/files/publication/qb...2Q17_Slides.pdf

This post has been edited by powerlinkers: Aug 22 2017, 12:27 PM
powerlinkers
post Aug 22 2017, 12:15 PM

On my way
652 posts

deleted.

This post has been edited by powerlinkers: Aug 22 2017, 12:17 PM
powerlinkers
post Aug 22 2017, 03:03 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Garysydney @ Aug 22 2017, 02:48 PM)
Thanks for the information about retirement in Malaysia. I dont have any children and my wife is also a Malaysian citizen with Aust PR (migrated together in the late 80s). We are the same age. She has 2 units in MK (3-bedder and a studio) rented out which she bought a while ago - we will probably live in the 3-bedder when we return to KL. I was initially planning to buy another 1 or 2 apartment in MK with my retirement fund when i go back but a lot of my KL friends have advised me not to. I am now in 2 minds whether to leave my retirement fund in Aust (tax-free once we retire after 55) since the rental return on our 2 MK units are only averaging 3.8% per annum (used to be a lot higher but we had to cut rent last year to keep the Japanese tenants). My superfund gives me roughly 5-6%pa average over the last 10 years. What would you advise - to move money back or not?
My personal opinion:

1.Wait until your funds are tax free.

2.Wait for next crash(which should be due this or next year September/October), then move your money back to Malaysia provided current government(Barisan Nasional) stays in power (which is highly likely with current political cloud).

Always buy when assets are cheap and when other people are unable to get loans.

This post has been edited by powerlinkers: Aug 22 2017, 03:04 PM
powerlinkers
post Sep 25 2017, 11:54 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(arimachong @ Sep 12 2017, 12:32 PM)
Then i belip guarantee hit RM4.30 by year end
Deutsche Bank moderately bullish on ringgit, expects currency to improve to 4 vs USD

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/duet...mprove-4-vs-usd

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 25): Deutsche Bank AG is “moderately bullish” on the ringgit, describing the country’s currency as “very cheap”, which could improve to 4.000 as compared to the US dollar (USD).

“We think MYR (ringgit) could trade to 4 in a weaker USD backdrop, and do not expect it to participate much in USD upside, given lighter bond positioning and the lack of an active NDF (non-deliverable forward) market,” Deustche Bank foreign exchange rate analysts said in a report today.

As for the ringgit’s growth, the German-owned bank said: “it has been surprising to the upside”.

“Malaysia offers decent carry with low volatility under the more managed FX (foreign exchange) regime. While there is a clear need to accumulate reserves, authorities appear comfortable with a stronger currency, perhaps given the boost to confidence ahead of an election,” Deutsche Bank added.
powerlinkers
post Nov 20 2017, 08:00 AM

On my way
652 posts

The experts fail to grasp certain trends based on analyzing a trend as a whole.
They might not have experience in the past, unable to correlate economic growth with political stability.
When political stability is achieved in a country: economic fundamentals will prevail.

Ringgit should reach it's fair value by end of 2019, provided BN wins a big in 14th general election .
powerlinkers
post Jan 5 2018, 10:28 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Jan 5 2018, 09:37 PM)
Time to topup USD. No need to make noise that I am right you are wrong. tongue.gif
You should stop calling people bootlicker.

My opinion: you should not top up USD now, ringgit has more room for correction in view:
-BN has a very high chance of retaining next government, possible of retaining 60-75% parliamentary seats. Najib will be ruling Malaysia with a extremely stable government after April 2018: Investor confidence will be decade high: would encourage flush of funds into country
-Average oil price for year 2017 :USD 70/barrel
-Budget deficit is reducing
-high consumer spending and confidence for year 2018
-GDP growth for year 2018 should be around 5.5%

You should keep an eye for
-next financial crisis ( Be careful between August and October this year.)
-Malaysia BNM rate rise and US Federal Reserve rate rise
-Tun Mahathir succumbing to death

powerlinkers
post Jan 26 2018, 09:46 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(MedElite23 @ Jan 25 2018, 08:57 PM)
Coincidentally I've been holding usd, missed the boat due to greed and now planning to ride the wave..hopefully it will hit the 4.0 mark by Q3~Q4 and I'll convert immediately :'(((((
In my opinion, ringgit would continue its upward trajectory at least until GE14. I think Ringgit might experience some consolidation in 3rd and 4th quarter if 2.5-2.9% US GDP growth with US Federal Reserve rate increase are still in the basket.

powerlinkers
post Jan 31 2018, 12:15 PM

On my way
652 posts

1.holidays
2.Investors are taking profit .

Fundamentals are good.
Should continue rise until 1 month post election and Federal reserve rate increase.

https://themalaysianreserve.com/2018/01/30/...us-bond-yields/

This post has been edited by powerlinkers: Jan 31 2018, 12:40 PM
powerlinkers
post Mar 23 2018, 03:13 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(rubrubrub @ Mar 23 2018, 02:53 PM)
no way we are going back to USD/RM of 3.0?
Not this or next year....
powerlinkers
post Mar 31 2018, 01:50 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(doggmeister @ Mar 31 2018, 01:47 PM)
Does this mean it will remain strong even after elections? I need to convert USD to RM but waiting until after elections hoping it will drop!
Ringgit might undergo some correction if US federal interest rate rises, but in the year end: it should close in a more positive note than current exchange rate.
powerlinkers
post Apr 30 2018, 03:58 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(doggmeister @ Apr 30 2018, 03:40 PM)
i really need this also! i hope usd gets stronger soon
Ringgit should appreciate approximately 2-2.5% post election..
powerlinkers
post May 10 2018, 05:11 PM

On my way
652 posts

I did not foresee Pakatan Harapan's victory.

Those who have claimed ringgit would reach rm4.1-4.2 against 1 USD by the end of this year, your forecast would be true. Might be even worse.

This post has been edited by powerlinkers: May 10 2018, 05:13 PM
powerlinkers
post May 12 2018, 05:14 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ May 12 2018, 05:06 PM)
Err,... not really, bro,... foreign funds might NOT be so pessimistic towards the Mahathir Administration,...May strengthen,...
Lim Guan Eng will not be a good finance minister on his own, but if TS Zeti Aziz and TS Hassan Merican can influence his decisions : it would be good for the country.

The rollback of GST can effect our budget balance, SST is unreliable tax system.

We need to see their further moves.

This post has been edited by powerlinkers: May 12 2018, 05:17 PM
powerlinkers
post May 14 2018, 12:09 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ May 14 2018, 11:34 AM)
Time is not on the side of the Malaysian economy. But no matter what, we have to let things get done by the new government. Its like a wait and see policy now for many investors and business owners.
Tun Daim is interfering in Malaysian stock market again.

In my opinion : Investing in current scenario would be gambling. I am unable to gauge the risk associated with the market and policies by current administration.

powerlinkers
post Jun 20 2018, 03:05 AM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Jun 19 2018, 09:49 AM)
Please elaborate for me to understand your point better,... since you call it BS !! Perhaps I'm wrong,... I'll be happy to correct my understanding,... but please elaborate.

Why do you say, for instance, : it's won't be cheaper price price of good... Many would suffer....

The second point : I understand,... more outflows is going now,.. but I would like for ourselves to be able to stand more on our own than to depend on foreign funds ONLY.
You are wrong. Nexona is right.

1.Malaysians are not innovative enough.We do not have sizeable population with high IQs.
2.We do not have a large market such EU, USA, China and India. ASEAN is useless.
3.We depend on trade to survive. We are a net oil importer.

Shunning investor friendly policies and FDIs would be detrimental to us in short and long term.

Malaysia will face severe economic crisis during the next global downturn and when the oil price drops.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.3250sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:12 PM