Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone work in Japanese company?

views

SUSic no 851025071234
post Dec 3 2016, 08:30 PM, updated 8y ago

Regular
1,231 posts

How was your experience? For those that work in Japanese company with real Japanese boss. Salary and bonus all ok compare mnc? Work culture can stress?
BrendonStar
post Dec 3 2016, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(ic no 851025071234 @ Dec 3 2016, 08:30 PM)
How was your experience? For those that work in Japanese company with real Japanese boss. Salary and bonus all ok compare mnc? Work culture can stress?
Which industry finance? Manufacturing? Construction?
SUSic no 851025071234
post Dec 3 2016, 08:44 PM

Regular
1,231 posts

QUOTE(BrendonStar @ Dec 3 2016, 08:42 PM)
Which industry finance? Manufacturing? Construction?
Any industry. Just wanna get some idea working in Japanese company.
BrendonStar
post Dec 3 2016, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

Depends if it is in Japan or Malaysia. If it is in Malaysia and the company here is malaysianize there will be more flexibility in how you behave. But the striking difference to me if it is in Japan compare to Malaysia is there are no chit chat about random stuff in the office only in the smoking room the office is dead quiet, there are no direct lying where someone say something but do other things. If they say they can deliver they almost always do. In Nomura securities at least qualification is not a barrier to promotion if you can perform, I heard it is the same with most jap company. If you are a gaijin overtime is not expected but appreciated. In finance at least being able to contribute ideas for improvement is a must, where I worked every employee must contribute 20 ideas for improvement a year, it is a bonus if they spearhead improvements, kaizen Bosses are usually straight forward, if you can't perform they will be direct to your face, which is a good thing. Your boss will go through your laptop and email to see how you organize your work from time to time. They want things to be categorized well for fast and easy retrieval. They are slow to make decision but can be efficient in execution if they want to. Most of their working time is doing things inefficiently to fill their time as they work long hours sometimes. My take inside a Japanese financial firm where I worked a few years

This post has been edited by BrendonStar: Dec 3 2016, 11:55 PM
SUSic no 851025071234
post Dec 4 2016, 12:01 AM

Regular
1,231 posts

QUOTE(BrendonStar @ Dec 3 2016, 11:48 PM)
Depends if it is in Japan or Malaysia. If it is in Malaysia and the company here is malaysianize there will be more flexibility in how you behave. But the striking difference to me if it is in Japan compare to Malaysia is there are no chit chat about random stuff in the office only in the smoking room the office is dead quiet,  there are no direct lying where someone say something but do other things. If they say they can deliver they almost always do. In Nomura securities at least qualification is not a barrier to promotion if you can perform, I heard it is the same with most jap company. If you are a gaijin overtime is not expected but appreciated. In finance at least being able to contribute ideas for improvement is a must, where I worked every employee must contribute 20 ideas for improvement a year,  it is a bonus if they spearhead improvements, kaizen Bosses are usually  straight forward, if you can't perform they will be direct to your face,  which is a good thing. Your boss will go through your laptop and email to see how you organize your work from time to time. They want things to be categorized well for fast and easy retrieval.  They are slow to make decision but can be efficient in execution if they want to. Most of their working time is doing things inefficiently to fill their time as they work long hours sometimes.  My take inside a Japanese financial firm where I worked a few years
You work in Japan?So cool.. I guess local japanese company will different culture due to mindset but just forced on the employee due to managers are japanese?

chew3344
post Dec 4 2016, 12:56 AM

Getting Started
282 posts

i work in Japanese insurance company. Head is Japanese people. KPI is very strict, but generally working environment is friendly even the boss himself. best thing is can leave on time or maximum OT 30 min only laugh.gif but bear in minds, if you cannot perform at work during 9-5 period,matilah ko laugh.gif

This post has been edited by chew3344: Dec 4 2016, 12:58 AM
BrendonStar
post Dec 4 2016, 08:59 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

The jap managers don't force his employees. The employees usually want to work and do OT because that is the only thing they live for. Work. Although that mindset is changing

This post has been edited by BrendonStar: Dec 4 2016, 09:30 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:11 PM