Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RPG Dauntless - coop RPG game, Coming Free-to-Play to PC in 2017

views

wingdover
post Aug 21 2017, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

MHW announcement timing might be on purpose, I believe alot of ppl waiting for dauntless are now switching target to MHW.

This post has been edited by wingdover: Aug 21 2017, 12:34 PM
pyre
post Aug 21 2017, 02:55 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(wingdover @ Aug 21 2017, 12:34 PM)
MHW announcement timing might be on purpose, I believe alot of ppl waiting for dauntless are now switching target to MHW.
yes definitely deliberate. Capcom even released 2 MHW videos on the day Dauntless launched their Founder's Alpha. talk about scum right?

granted we can all overlook all that, and i am sure MHW will be a good game but i personally won't be buying it. i know my friends will probably force me to play with them, but hope the high game price will make them think twice of gifting the game to me. because if i play, will probably stop after a game or two.

This post has been edited by pyre: Aug 21 2017, 02:56 PM
wingdover
post Aug 25 2017, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(pyre @ Aug 21 2017, 02:55 PM)
yes definitely deliberate. Capcom even released 2 MHW videos on the day Dauntless launched their Founder's Alpha. talk about scum right?

granted we can all overlook all that, and i am sure MHW will be a good game but i personally won't be buying it. i know my friends will probably force me to play with them, but hope the high game price will make them think twice of gifting the game to me. because if i play, will probably stop after a game or two.
I've played MHO before, this is definitely a better version of that, free from all the nonsense upgrade craps. Although the tradition of MH art is gone, but the gameplay itself should be interesting enough, I like game with steep learning curve. If the price is reasonable, I might buy, if got ppl gift me I'll sure take it, if includes Dauntless then better biggrin.gif
My only hope is they bring back the good old OSTs.
Y.K.
post Sep 1 2017, 08:34 PM

Casual
371 posts

this game going into close beta tomorrow.

anyone playing can share how is the experience? worth the pledge?
pyre
post Sep 2 2017, 06:59 AM

28 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

https://playdauntless.com/news/founders-alpha-wrap-up
A huge thanks to all of the Founders who participated in the Dauntless Founder’s Alpha. We welcomed new faces into Ramsgate, held the Behemoth menace at bay, hit the top five on Twitch, and had a great time doing it.

We knew that the Founder’s Alpha would be a huge boon to Dauntless in the form of information and data that we would use to improve the game. But we are truly awed by the turnout and response to these early efforts. We’ve stood shoulder to shoulder with Slayers from around the world and watched as you’ve pushed the game, achieving more than we thought possible.

Four brand new large-screen TVs were hung up so that we could watch streamers while we worked. This is both a window into direct player feedback and a chance for us to enjoy the game with you. But, as we stood transfixed by Slayers tackling Shrowd and marveled at the dozens of streamers who found new audiences, we soon knew that the Dauntless community was shaping up to be something truly special.

This post has been edited by pyre: Sep 2 2017, 06:59 AM
erszebeth
post Nov 30 2017, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(gordon ramsay @ Nov 29 2017, 04:21 PM)
so when can start play this free game.watch twitch..look nice and epic
yea, just watched lazypoen played this game. looks cool. although i kinda dislike the boarding a ship to a floating island thingy to hunt. doesnt look that 'sandbox' approach, too obvious as its an instance dungeon.
banoriginal
post May 24 2018, 03:11 PM

44 posts

I want to playyyyyyy
sadaharukouya
post May 25 2018, 11:24 AM

49 posts

Im interested. Hopefully the ping is good
mowlous
post May 25 2018, 10:32 PM

Casual
492 posts

from this morning till now cannot log in, the amount of over populated count too high, this morning was like 5k waiting list and the game just hang after waiting a while, now its 54k waiting in line and 60+ hours estimated log in.

RIP dauntless.
moxxon
post May 26 2018, 09:11 AM

6 posts

Crazy waiting time to log in....mine was 65k+ players before me waiting...60 hours ++

No thanks
Vaselle
post May 26 2018, 11:04 AM

15 posts

I am currently downloading it. Is this game IP blocked for countries outside NA tho?
mowlous
post May 27 2018, 04:05 PM

Casual
492 posts

I'm in and out of game so frequent ... wait time long as hell, go in walk a bit, dc, trying to reconnect wait 8 min log in , walk a bit , dc ...... this cycle is like forever.
dynames07
post May 27 2018, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

The longest queue i ever joined is 145k people.. but since this evening, i think the system starting to get a bit better. Even with 40k people, waiting time is about 30 minutes..
DanialTan1990
post Jun 2 2018, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

The game is fun yet people fall for bless
ganick5461
post May 22 2019, 09:37 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Dauntless officially launch today, with cross play between console. Nintendo Switch and mobile version coming soon.

https://www.pcgamer.com/dauntless-launches-...c-and-consoles/
DJ-Spike
post Jun 14 2019, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Started playin' Dauntless last week and it's quite fun but man, those server timeouts during hunts....

This post has been edited by DJ-Spike: Jun 14 2019, 12:43 PM
darkskies
post Jan 20 2020, 02:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,336 posts

I've been playing for over a month.
The game is a low budget Monster Hunter.
Since you could actually cross platform with switch, xbox and ps4.
There're some problems with latency and the behemoths that you're fighting oftenly got into insane nuts mode. They'll do 360degrees attack consecutively without delay and have perfect timing to do a last hit when players attempt to slide into an opening to take a slash.
Some behemoth would just run around the map like Ferrari as you face upper tier behemoths.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:46 AM