Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
126 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cycling, Any cyclist here??

views

TStpl
post Feb 13 2007, 12:47 AM, updated 14y ago

1,748 posts

wanted to get a road bike. any one care to intro any shop ard klang valley with reasonable price n experienced?
QD_buyer
post Feb 13 2007, 09:29 PM

John and Paulâ„¢
2,047 posts

I got one,bought at RM250!Shimano gear! biggrin.gif
TStpl
post Feb 13 2007, 09:55 PM

1,748 posts

im looking for a full carbon frame with ultegra components. should fetch ard 5000-6000 range. anyone care to intro a bike shop?
akchang
post Feb 13 2007, 10:01 PM

Regular
1,441 posts

QUOTE(tpl @ Feb 13 2007, 12:47 AM)
wanted to get a road bike. any one care to intro any shop ard klang valley with reasonable price n experienced?
Try KSH TTDI or KSH Kelana Jaya....or Bikepro at Tmn Megah....
TStpl
post Feb 14 2007, 04:22 AM

1,748 posts

KSH TTDI issit the small shop same row as domino?
akchang
post Feb 14 2007, 06:50 AM

Regular
1,441 posts

QUOTE(tpl @ Feb 14 2007, 04:22 AM)
KSH TTDI issit the small shop same row as domino?
i think so...same row with "Celcom"...next to a mamak...
uglytwl
post Feb 14 2007, 06:53 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(akchang @ Feb 13 2007, 10:01 PM)
Try KSH TTDI or KSH Kelana Jaya....or Bikepro at Tmn Megah....
Yeah try KSH at ttdi, the shop on the same row as Domino's Pizza or Bikepro at Taman Megah. They are the 2 main shops in KL. A lot of eye candy so hold your wallets.
ignn_tion
post Mar 5 2007, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(tpl @ Feb 13 2007, 09:55 PM)
im looking for a full carbon frame with ultegra components. should fetch ard 5000-6000 range. anyone care to intro a bike shop?
Yo bro ... if you have a budget around 5k to 6k ... I would advise you to get a fully aluminium or aluminium with carbon B-stay. With your budget ... you can get a fully carbon ... but very low end 1 and its not stiff. If you want to go for a fully carbon ... I'll advise you to go for something at least above RM11K. Normally good carbon frames are like Trek, cervelo, or colnago

You can try going to Joo Ngan Bicycle Centre and have a look ... They are the distributer for trek, cannondale and also a new brand called CSK. If you're budgeting, I'll recommend you the CSK ... its actually an italian produck but paint job done by a taiwanese. its a very good frame just that paint design kinda weird. If you want the address ... PM me.

kopiokao
post Mar 8 2007, 12:49 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(ignn_tion @ Mar 5 2007, 05:55 PM)
Yo bro ... if you have a budget around 5k to 6k ... I would advise you to get a fully aluminium or aluminium with carbon B-stay. With your budget ... you can get a fully carbon ... but very low end 1 and its not stiff. If you want to go for a fully carbon ... I'll advise you to go for something at least above RM11K. Normally good carbon frames are like Trek, cervelo, or colnago

You can try going to Joo Ngan Bicycle Centre and have a look ... They are the distributer for trek, cannondale and also a new brand called CSK. If you're budgeting, I'll recommend you the CSK ... its actually an italian produck but paint job done by a taiwanese. its a very good frame just that paint design kinda weird. If you want the address ... PM me.
yeah, what he said very true, better go for the top of the range, than going for the lowest of the range. You must love cycling very much, I got a friend who do trading in this kind of high end bicycle, if you interested to get a quote, just PM me and i'll give u his email add.

P/S: I love cycling very much, but ever since i start to work, my mom give away my favourate bike which cost me RM3000.00 to buy during my younger school days, what a pitty... sad.gif
ignn_tion
post Mar 8 2007, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(kopiokao @ Mar 8 2007, 12:49 AM)
yeah, what he said very true, better go for the top of the range, than going for the lowest of the range. You must love cycling very much, I got a friend who do trading in this kind of high end bicycle, if you interested to get a quote, just PM me and i'll give u his email add.

P/S: I love cycling very much, but ever since i start to work, my mom give away my favourate bike which cost me RM3000.00 to buy during my younger school days, what a pitty... sad.gif
Well ... I used to cycle competitively, but too much politics in malaysian sports, What a shame , hehe. I've actually tried out a lot of bikes, and to be honest, if you want to enjoy riding your bike, you must have a good frame with a correct size Components comes after that (at least a shimano 105). Carbon frames are very rigid and it gives great response but when you go long distance, its very uncomfortable expecially on malaysian roads.

Currently, I'm riding a merlin titanium with dura-ace. Frame is kinda flexible which means less response but its great for long distance ride, its very comfortable and the frame does not corrose. Next bike will want something abit rigid, maybe will go for a litespeed titanium with carbon reinforce B-stay.
juichuan
post Mar 8 2007, 04:19 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

you guys do long distance cycling?
ignn_tion
post Mar 8 2007, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Yea .... but nowadays seldom aready. Very busy nowadays ... only free on sundays
kopiokao
post Mar 9 2007, 02:17 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

hmm.....too many details on the parts especially on the frame itself, not like last time... rclxub.gif seems like i need to get more update before i really know what did u guys talk about here...
U still love cycle? That is my passion when I first got my bike... That time i atleast cycle 40-60km everyday without fail, of coz raining I'll be grounded by my parents lar... hehehe... tongue.gif
chayjeong
post Mar 9 2007, 07:01 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

can i know what the price for the lerun polygon strattos road bike?? thanks you
tenno
post Mar 9 2007, 10:12 AM

Livestrong
3,550 posts

I left competitive cycling in 2000 after almost 9 years. Recently I surfed to KSH website & was shocked to find out how much a decent bike costs these days. If I'm not mistaken, the new Look 580 frame costs RM10,800 !! During my day, U could get a Look KG196 with at least Dura Ace componentry with that kind of money. But of course, technologically, a lot has improved.

My bike was a Giant CFR-1 (RM1280) with mixed components. Shifter was Shimano RX-100 STI, front derailleur was Dura Ace, Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur with 8 speed casette (12-23T), Selle Italia Flite Ti saddle, Look Carbo Pro pedals, Shimano 105 crankset (53-39T), Cinelli stem, Mavic deep drop handlebar, Deore XT headset, Mavic clincher wheelset. My helmet was Bell Razor Pro Pump, Briko Stinger glasses, Shimano R120 shoes. Clothing was provided by my team. It costs around RM4,000.00, I sold it for RM1K.

I saw some Lerun models but wasn't really impressed with the component offering. Perhaps U could buy the bike & upgrade the components later.
lucifah
post Mar 9 2007, 10:24 AM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,932 posts

QUOTE(tpl @ Feb 13 2007, 09:55 PM)
with that mucc budget, you can't squeeze ultegra and carbon together

i would spend more on the wheels. ZIPP will be my favourite. mavic will be the minimum. good pair of wheels determines how good and how steep you can corner w/o much vibration

get the sizing correct. size is very sensitive on a road bike since you'll spend a lot of time seated (vs mountain bike)

get most of your money spent on these and u'll never go wrong:
1. soft, xtra light, xtra comfortable leather saddle (i recommend selle italia flite gel titanium - rm 300+)
2. carbon streamlined (tapered) seat post - rm 150+
3. good set of very light wheels with tapered rim and the least amount of spoke - rm 1,500+
4. pedals. use dedicate road clipless pedal. they're wider and lighter than MTB counterparts. recommend time pedals
5. road specific shoes. theyr'e extremely light, very airy and very very stiff (carbon soles) - SiDi carbons - rm 250+, do i have to say more? (be careful, some cheaper SiDi are made somewhere else. be sure yours is made in good old italy)

QUOTE(ignn_tion @ Mar 5 2007, 05:55 PM)

colnago? aiyoh, 10k just for the frame. pure italian design, made in taiwan.

yes, good high end carbon frame (including aluminum) are manufactured and fabricated in taiwan

i agree with this guy. check the taiwanese manufacturers. some are even OEM producer for high end frames. identical framse but different decals and brand. much much cheaper also.

QUOTE(juichuan @ Mar 8 2007, 04:19 PM)
you guys do long distance cycling?
for a roadie, we do about 50 - 150 km in a single session. depends also. an epic ride will be about 150km (whole group during public holiday)

ignn_tion
post Mar 10 2007, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(tenno @ Mar 9 2007, 10:12 AM)
I left competitive cycling in 2000 after almost 9 years. Recently I surfed to KSH website & was shocked to find out how much a decent bike costs these days. If I'm not mistaken, the new Look 580 frame costs RM10,800 !! During my day, U could get a Look KG196 with at least Dura Ace componentry with that kind of money. But of course, technologically, a lot has improved.

My bike was a Giant CFR-1 (RM1280) with mixed components. Shifter was Shimano RX-100 STI, front derailleur was Dura Ace, Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur with 8 speed casette (12-23T), Selle Italia Flite Ti saddle, Look Carbo Pro pedals, Shimano 105 crankset (53-39T), Cinelli stem, Mavic deep drop handlebar, Deore XT headset, Mavic clincher wheelset. My helmet was Bell Razor Pro Pump, Briko Stinger glasses, Shimano R120 shoes. Clothing was provided by my team. It costs around RM4,000.00, I sold it for RM1K.

I saw some Lerun models but wasn't really impressed with the component offering. Perhaps U could buy the bike & upgrade the components later.
Lerun bikes are actually from taiwan ... just that its assembly over here. Actually since 1 and half years ago .... the prices for bikes has went up. Some american companies also entered into china and make their bikes there and shimano components lower that 105 is made in malaysia. Their factory is at johor ... that's y I always recommend riders out there to have at least a shimano 105 components, otherwise go for a campagnolo(lowest range).

QUOTE(lucifah @ Mar 9 2007, 10:24 AM)
with that mucc budget, you can't squeeze ultegra and carbon together

i would spend more on the wheels. ZIPP will be my favourite. mavic will be the minimum. good pair of wheels determines how good and how steep you can corner w/o much vibration

get the sizing correct. size is very sensitive on a road bike since you'll spend a lot of time seated (vs mountain bike)

get most of your money spent on these and u'll never go wrong:
1. soft, xtra light, xtra comfortable leather saddle (i recommend selle italia flite gel titanium - rm 300+)
2. carbon streamlined (tapered) seat post - rm 150+
3. good set of very light wheels with tapered rim and the least amount of spoke - rm 1,500+
4. pedals. use dedicate road clipless pedal. they're wider and lighter than MTB counterparts. recommend time pedals
5. road specific shoes. theyr'e extremely light, very airy and very very stiff (carbon soles) - SiDi carbons - rm 250+, do i have to say more? (be careful, some cheaper SiDi are made somewhere else. be sure yours is made in good old italy)
colnago? aiyoh, 10k just for the frame. pure italian design, made in taiwan.

yes, good high end carbon frame (including aluminum) are manufactured and fabricated in taiwan

i agree with this guy. check the taiwanese manufacturers. some are even OEM producer for high end frames. identical framse but different decals and brand. much much cheaper also.
for a roadie, we do about 50 - 150 km in a single session. depends also. an epic ride will be about 150km (whole group during public holiday)
Yea ... colnago , not quite sure bout the aluminium frames but the carbon frames are fully italian. The 1 I'm eyeing on is the C50 ...very stiff frame,but just want it for collection.

Talking bout the ZIPP wheels .... they are really light and stiff. I've used the 404 before but sold it after that. Braking is very bad during the raining season because I'm using the tubeless type (even with special brake pads for carbon walls). So you guys may wanna consider getting the clincer type ... hehe.
hyperzeta2000
post Mar 17 2007, 10:56 AM

18 posts

Hey ignn_tion, where do you usually hang out ?? you still ride? i'm also a leisure rider...usually join the PCC gang for rides ....haha hear PCC also know leisure rider la heheh
ignn_tion
post Mar 19 2007, 02:07 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

Me ar .... currently studying at perak ler. I've stoped for 2 years ever since I started uni. Can't cycle over here, too many lorries ... By end of this year should be back for my training in K.L.

I usually cycle with joo ngan bicycle centre members ... if you see some riding a Merlin titanium with dura ace 25th aniversary components... that's me ... hehe.
hyperzeta2000
post Mar 19 2007, 09:33 AM

18 posts

ic ic ....wahh then your merlin at home sitting there only ??.......hehehe hope to see you on the road someday la ..... anyway those joo ngan guys too fast dy .... i not so aggresive ler hehhe ...

126 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0237sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:36 PM