Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

About price of car import!, plz HELP!

views

tester1979
post Feb 14 2007, 03:26 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(su8aru @ Feb 13 2007, 11:44 PM)
no offense... if want to import car parts & body.. they vehicle body chassis must be cut into 2 parts(front & rear) which call half-cut.. if they joint that car is will be illegal bcos it is a joint-car or kereta protong.. so you will not able to register the car as well since it is a kereta potong n you dont have AP document...
that's what I told my frined too.....

but he said they will only cut the roof....still considered kereta potong, so import is very cheap....but join back will not harm the safety much.....

regarding registration....they always have a way.....legal or not....i did not bother to ask, if-you-know-what-i-mean.......and his boss do have the APs.......

This post has been edited by tester1979: Feb 14 2007, 03:27 AM
-=Axis=-
post Feb 14 2007, 04:08 AM

- SS -
2,453 posts

QUOTE(tester1979 @ Feb 14 2007, 03:26 AM)
that's what I told my frined too.....

but he said they will only cut the roof....still considered kereta potong, so import is very cheap....but join back will not harm the safety much.....

regarding registration....they always have a way.....legal or not....i did not bother to ask, if-you-know-what-i-mean.......and his boss do have the APs.......
As far as I know, you cannot ship a chasis to M'sia. I mean if it wasn't cut into half, it will be taxed as you're shipping a complete car over. The custom people is not stupid. Each chasis has a serial number. You need that along with your engine serial to get it registered. If it's cut into half, the chasis will be registered as scrap in Japan. Then, that particular chasis will not be able to register as a road legal vehicle at the rest of the world.

Even if it is cut in half, you still gonna get taxed. Just that not as much.
TSshuyina
post Feb 14 2007, 09:07 AM

Enthusiast
890 posts

wow..so many suggestion...if someone know..plz inform me where can i get GT-T..the place & price...im searching around 150k below...and 1 more question...if i buy GT-R engine n swap with NEO(GT-T) engine...its that illegal?after all the body still look like GT-R..just put umph bumper n here we go....vrooooomm...
tester1979
post Feb 14 2007, 10:48 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(-=Axis=- @ Feb 14 2007, 04:08 AM)
As far as I know, you cannot ship a chasis to M'sia. I mean if it wasn't cut into half, it will be taxed as you're shipping a complete car over. The custom people is not stupid. Each chasis has a serial number. You need that along with your engine serial to get it registered. If it's cut into half, the chasis will be registered as scrap in Japan. Then, that particular chasis will not be able to register as a road legal vehicle at the rest of the world.

Even if it is cut in half, you still gonna get taxed. Just that not as much.
how they actually get passed customs and get the car registered i am not sure and how it was shipped in cheap, i also dunno......i only tell what he told me....

and it true because I seen it for my self.......from the moment the car arrive, they only need 5 days to send it to the buyer, 2 days to assemble the roof and other parts that were taken out, 1 day for paint and 2 days for full detailing to look like new......what goes on at the back i dun wan to asklah because this is the boss' business.....sure he got ways and holes that he dun wan other people to know and steal his business....

sakaito
post Feb 14 2007, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,366 posts

dude... any way u mentioned is ILLEGAL! been there done that... 5 cars in Customs lelong already.. learn my lesson the hard way.

shuyina
the RB25DET neo is quite powerful already. if u were to install RB26DETT into the GTT chassis, u can't really fully utilised the RB26 power because u still need to retain RWD setup for the GTT. RB26dett is meant to be mated with 4WD setup, that's why all GTR are 4WD, albeit it's rear biased anyway.

it has been proven again and again that RB26dett can fry most RWD transmission and rear differential.

Also, RB26 parts aren't exactly cheap!

TSshuyina
post Feb 14 2007, 08:04 PM

Enthusiast
890 posts

so..do u know where in malaysia sell GT-T? if know..can state price & place?
tester1979
post Feb 15 2007, 10:45 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(sakaito @ Feb 14 2007, 02:38 PM)
dude... any way u mentioned is ILLEGAL! been there done that... 5 cars in Customs lelong already.. learn my lesson the hard way.

shuyina
the RB25DET neo is quite powerful already. if u were to install RB26DETT into the GTT chassis, u can't really fully utilised the RB26 power because u still need to retain RWD setup for the GTT. RB26dett is meant to be mated with 4WD setup, that's why all GTR are 4WD, albeit it's rear biased anyway.

it has been proven again and again that RB26dett can fry most RWD transmission and rear differential.

Also, RB26 parts aren't exactly cheap!
err....I did not mention that its legal in the first place tongue.gif

plus.....people do sorts of things to bend/break the law........shops want more money........officers want duit kopi.........the car owners want cheap luxury car.......

its their risks that they were willing to take........ shocking.gif

i am just saying that there are things like this going on.....

anyway, what happen to you about the 5 cars??? got conned???

This post has been edited by tester1979: Feb 15 2007, 10:46 AM
sakaito
post Feb 15 2007, 11:33 PM

Regular
1,366 posts

nah.. those 5 cars were brought in for track purposes only.

then 2 of the owners decided to put a bogus plate/roadtax and drive around.

kena la with kastam. bodoh! then summore asking me for help after kena. haih.. sendiri cari pasal...

tester1979
post Feb 16 2007, 12:38 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(sakaito @ Feb 15 2007, 11:33 PM)
nah.. those 5 cars were brought in for track purposes only.

then 2 of the owners decided to put a bogus plate/roadtax and drive around.

kena la with kastam. bodoh! then summore asking me for help after kena. haih.. sendiri cari pasal...
wah....for track only ah.....what kind of cars??

off topic question:

since you are in this kind of line, dunno if you can answer me or not....

say i want to test drive my car at the track, can do it ah? what do i need?

sakaito
post Feb 16 2007, 12:00 PM

Regular
1,366 posts

what do u mean test drive? occasionally Sepang will have a track day. you can enter that and whack kaw kaw... only RM150 per entry. 4 to 5 hours.

tester1979
post Feb 16 2007, 01:47 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(sakaito @ Feb 16 2007, 12:00 PM)
what do u mean test drive? occasionally Sepang will have a track day. you can enter that and whack kaw kaw... only RM150 per entry. 4 to 5 hours.
really???

wah...good.....can go there try.......

need special license/insurance??

also, what were the 5 cars????
sakaito
post Feb 16 2007, 10:06 PM

Regular
1,366 posts

3 Honda EK, 1 Skyline, 1 Supra. guess which 2 decided to show off?

for sepang, u don't need special license but it's better to go with someone who's already know the track.

TSshuyina
post Feb 18 2007, 12:08 PM

Enthusiast
890 posts

ermm...do u both know where the nissan GT-T sells? n i heard the airport subang have sell broken new car(actually the car is put like top of other car cause some of part broken like hood etc)..its true?my friend says car like nissan x-trail cost RM10k only...i dont know can trust or not...

This post has been edited by shuyina: Feb 18 2007, 12:09 PM
sakuraguy
post Feb 20 2007, 05:19 PM

(::.. SuperStar ..::)
828 posts

Just get an R33 .. about 170k for a used ones .. wanna ride wif me? .. hehe
tester1979
post Feb 22 2007, 02:50 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(sakaito @ Feb 16 2007, 10:06 PM)
3 Honda EK, 1 Skyline, 1 Supra. guess which 2 decided to show off?

for sepang, u don't need special license but it's better to go with someone who's already know the track.
he he he....

my guess is the Skyline and Supra.........the owners sure cannot tahan the ego to show off one.....

QUOTE(shuyina @ Feb 18 2007, 12:08 PM)
ermm...do u both know where the nissan GT-T sells? n i heard the airport subang have sell broken new car(actually the car is put like top of other car cause some of part broken like hood etc)..its true?my friend says car like nissan x-trail cost RM10k only...i dont know can trust or not...
wah......xtrail for 10K??? I want 3!!!!!

you sure or not? can find out more???
TSshuyina
post Feb 25 2007, 08:27 PM

Enthusiast
890 posts

QUOTE(sakuraguy @ Feb 20 2007, 05:19 PM)
Just get an R33 .. about 170k for a used ones .. wanna ride wif me? .. hehe
u want?hehe... icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(tester1979 @ Feb 22 2007, 02:50 PM)
he he he....

my guess is the Skyline and Supra.........the owners sure cannot tahan the ego to show off one.....
wah......xtrail for 10K???  I want 3!!!!!

you sure or not? can find out more???
u go to subang airport..before arrive at there..U TURN n take left side...that place call APEX's (dont know its the right spell)...but 10k is the open price..u need bid till ppl & car dealer dont want to buy that price... thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:30 AM