Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Does personal loan increase chance of getting CC?

views

TSKen.B
post Nov 25 2016, 09:36 AM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
161 posts

Dear Sifu. I would like to get a credit card however, I've applied many times but is unsuccessful.

Currently, I've been paying my PTPTN consistently. Sometimes I pay in a lumpsum and skip for a few months. There is no outstanding balance though.

Previously, I did restructure my PTPTN.

I would like to know if getting a personal loan would increase my chance of getting a credit card?

Your help is very much appreciated. notworthy.gif Hope the above information helps!
lil_chocobo
post Nov 25 2016, 09:53 AM

On my way
602 posts

QUOTE(Ken.B @ Nov 25 2016, 09:36 AM)
Dear Sifu. I would like to get a credit card however, I've applied many times but is unsuccessful.

Currently, I've been paying my PTPTN consistently. Sometimes I pay in a lumpsum and skip for a few months. There is no outstanding balance though.

I would like to know if getting a personal loan would increase my chance of getting a credit card?

Your help is very much appreciated. notworthy.gif Hope the above information helps!
restructure? through which agency?

paying lump sum is fine, but don't skip payments. it will still be shown as if you are not making consistent payment.

if you are successful in applying for a cc, chance is you wont get personal loan either.

adele123
post Nov 25 2016, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,413 posts

Actually personal loans are tied in with credit card because the loan is actually tagged to the credit card. Anyway the mentality is not right as the cost of getting an unwanted personal loan not worth just to get a credit card (even if it does work). You need to continue to settle ptptn promptly. Few months down the road, you can reapply the credit card as you would have few months of clean record.

For better view, get your CCRIS report.

nexona88
post Nov 25 2016, 10:53 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

Did u ask why your CC applications been rejected?
But I'm guessing its because of your ptptn hmm.gif

Like others said, another option is to check out your CCRIS..
lifebalance
post Nov 25 2016, 11:04 AM

Licensed Financial Planner & Financial Adviser's Rep.
All Stars
10,029 posts

Better off to check ur ccris first
aromachong
post Nov 25 2016, 10:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Trade Dispute
2,644 posts

Personal loan is harder than cc
BlackWoods
post Nov 26 2016, 03:31 PM

Dark Knight
2,152 posts

Check CCRIS report from BNM is the easiest way to know, this is mostly the reason why bank reject your cc application.

Pay your PTPTN consistently instead of paying lump sum and skip. Once you have 1 month of outstanding payment, there will be a "1" in your CCRIS, and this will stay for 12 months.

Restructuring PTPTN also make your credit report not so "pretty", as it shows that you're not able to pay the amount consistently.
MakkitaZ
post Nov 30 2016, 10:52 AM

2 posts

Applying Standard Chartered Loan will give u a free credit card .
TSKen.B
post Dec 2 2016, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

Dear All,

Thank you for your suggestions. Is there any way to rectify this situation?

Definitely will get the report from BNM.

Here's an article that guide you on how to get your report. Hope this will help the others. http://www.ccris.com/credit-report-ccris-report/

Thank you all!
Ares187
post Dec 2 2016, 12:53 AM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(Ken.B @ Dec 2 2016, 12:32 AM)
Dear All,

Thank you for your suggestions. Is there any way to rectify this situation?

Definitely will get the report from BNM.

Here's an article that guide you on how to get your report. Hope this will help the others. http://www.ccris.com/credit-report-ccris-report/

Thank you all!
I believe getting CCRIS report can shed a light on why you cant get a CC application approved . But applying for personal loan so that you can apply for CC is not a good idea .
SUSic no 851025071234
post Dec 3 2016, 08:43 PM

Regular
1,231 posts

How much your salary? If cukup bank won't reject. Just apply the one you you are eligible sure get. Don't la apply requirement 200k if you don't have that income.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:57 AM