views

KL_victor
post Jan 13 2018, 06:27 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Jan 13 2018, 11:45 AM)
I see.
Can you try the RCA for me?
Sorry for trouble you.
tested with the same song using VLC player on my PC using RCA cable to the speaker, no cracking sound although the speaker bass gain is turned to +6 . So, what is the conclusion?

Edifier
post Jan 13 2018, 10:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

QUOTE(KL_victor @ Jan 13 2018, 06:27 PM)
tested with the same song using VLC player on my PC using RCA cable to the speaker, no cracking sound although the speaker bass gain is turned to +6 . So, what is the conclusion?
Suspect the optical input got problem.
Do you have other gadget with optical output? can you try to connect it with S2000 pro to check whether got cracking sound?
KL_victor
post Jan 14 2018, 08:35 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Jan 13 2018, 10:38 PM)
Suspect the optical input got problem.
Do you have other gadget with optical output? can you try to connect it with S2000 pro to check whether got cracking sound?
I played the same song with my smart tv using optical out to the speaker. Same issue, i hear cracking soung when the bass gain is more than +2.
Edifier
post Jan 14 2018, 09:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

QUOTE(KL_victor @ Jan 14 2018, 08:35 AM)
I played the same song with my smart tv using optical out to the speaker. Same issue, i hear cracking soung when the bass gain is more than +2.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We suspect the optical input of your S2000 pro got problem, please send your speaker to us, we can fix for you.

chiucheng
post Jan 19 2018, 04:13 PM

Casual
398 posts

Hi, im interested in airpulse a200 and edifier s2000 pro, may i know where can i audition it in penang area? Plus is there any wall mount compatible to the aforementioned speakers?

Thanks
Edifier
post Jan 21 2018, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

QUOTE(chiucheng @ Jan 19 2018, 04:13 PM)
Hi, im interested in airpulse a200 and edifier s2000 pro, may i know where can i audition it in penang area? Plus is there any wall mount compatible to the aforementioned speakers?

Thanks
Sorry, we don't have demos in Penang area yet.
Not recommend you wall mount the speaker because the sound wouldn't be the greatest quality as both the speaker can reach.

dillinger
post Mar 15 2018, 02:23 AM

43 posts

Is there any way to add sub woofer to the s2000 pro? I know by default it cant..but any smart workaround to accomplish this?
TSpower911
post Mar 15 2018, 08:47 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(dillinger @ Mar 15 2018, 03:23 AM)
Is there any way to add sub woofer to the s2000 pro? I know by default it cant..but any smart workaround to accomplish this?
Subwoofers with line outs would work
just connect your line out to your s2000pro

if not then a simple mixer/splitter would work too
dillinger
post Mar 16 2018, 09:27 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Mar 15 2018, 08:47 PM)
Subwoofers with line outs would work
just connect your line out to your s2000pro

if not then a simple mixer/splitter would work too
TQ..i did try splitting the 3.5 jack from my phone and it worked! 😁 but i have 2 main concerns of doing that..

1. I read somewhere people say if u split the source (phone's 3.5 jack) , the sound quality and volume will be reduced ( but upon my observation, i didnt notice any of that)

2. Is there any possibility it will damage the speaker?? Based on my logic it will not, coz i just split the audio signal to feed both speaker and sub, nothing to do with power..right??..but im afraid i am wrong
TSpower911
post Mar 17 2018, 12:06 AM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(dillinger @ Mar 16 2018, 10:27 PM)
TQ..i did try splitting the 3.5 jack from my phone and it worked! 😁 but i have 2 main concerns of doing that..

1. I read somewhere people say if u split the source (phone's 3.5 jack)  , the sound quality and volume will be reduced ( but upon my observation, i didnt notice any of that)

2. Is there any possibility it will damage the speaker?? Based on my logic it will not, coz i just split the audio signal to feed both speaker and sub, nothing to do with power..right??..but im afraid i am wrong
As long as your wires are clean and wasn't broken then you're fine.
Shorting cables is what cause speaker to hurt due to pops and booms

I've split a ton of signal cables for huge expensive pa systems and they're fine. Signal will drop of course but that's because I'm running long cables. (and also sharing too many mics)
When I noticed the drop, I'll proceed with a proper audio splitter.
Consumer level barely reached more than 5 meters so you won't lose much signal. The only concern I have is different devices have different input loads so some device would suck more signal than another so you'll get unbalanced level for 2 devices

If you can't hear any volume loss or distortions then you're good to go.
Now if you're worried it may cause problems you can try buying one of these DAC that has 2 outputs with one master volume. Great way to control volume plus you get a quality DAC for better music production mega_shok.gif

dillinger
post Mar 19 2018, 01:11 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Mar 17 2018, 12:06 AM)
As long as your wires are clean and wasn't broken then you're fine.
Shorting cables is what cause speaker to hurt due to pops and booms

I've split a ton of signal cables for huge expensive pa systems and they're fine. Signal will drop of course but that's because I'm running long cables. (and also sharing too many mics)
When I noticed the drop, I'll proceed with a proper audio splitter.
Consumer level barely reached more than 5 meters so you won't lose much signal. The only concern I have is different devices have different input loads so some device would suck more signal than another so you'll get unbalanced level for 2 devices
If you can't hear any volume loss or distortions then you're good to go.
Now if you're worried it may cause problems you can try buying one of these DAC that has 2 outputs with one master volume. Great way to control volume plus you get a quality DAC for better music production mega_shok.gif
Thanks mate 👍👍😀

Btw, whats your opinion on HiVi Swans M200mkIII? Any good compared to s2000pro?

TSpower911
post Mar 20 2018, 09:13 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(dillinger @ Mar 19 2018, 02:11 PM)
Thanks mate 👍👍😀

Btw, whats your opinion on HiVi Swans M200mkIII? Any good compared to s2000pro?
can't really tell you much about swans. Couldn't remember

But they are both different beasts for sure. icon_rolleyes.gif
Melvin117
post Aug 3 2018, 02:19 PM

Casual
466 posts

Got my unit from edifier msia today, it took 4 days and I was ordering from Lazada, man we Malaysians need Amazon so much.

Fancy packaging and fancy wood, really reminds me of the speakers in the GTR
Tho I think a shorter cable should be provided cause I put them up as my desktop speakers, the thick cable screams quality but Jesus it hurts my cable management.

Sound-wise, I think I was expecting too much cause they don't really impress me, though I'll give them a few days of burn-in to see what they can do.
Everything is fine but the mids and bass really are thin even though they do have textures in them.

I do own multiple pairs of flagship/audiophile headphones and my daily driver for the previous three years was the Edifier E10s.
The S2Ks sound more like an incremental upgrade rather than a full step forward.

Btw, is there any significant difference between aux out and optical?
I'm using the aux cables with my PC cause I need to use the optical cable for my Xbox.
These dumbass consoles don't come with an aux output.

This post has been edited by Melvin117: Aug 3 2018, 02:21 PM
TSpower911
post Aug 3 2018, 09:36 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(Melvin117 @ Aug 3 2018, 03:19 PM)
Got my unit from edifier msia today, it took 4 days and I was ordering from Lazada, man we Malaysians need Amazon so much.

Fancy packaging and fancy wood, really reminds me of the speakers in the GTR
Tho I think a shorter cable should be provided cause I put them up as my desktop speakers, the thick cable screams quality but Jesus it hurts my cable management.

Sound-wise, I think I was expecting too much cause they don't really impress me, though I'll give them a few days of burn-in to see what they can do.
Everything is fine but the mids and bass really are thin even though they do have textures in them.

I do own multiple pairs of flagship/audiophile headphones and my daily driver for the previous three years was the Edifier E10s.
The S2Ks sound more like an incremental upgrade rather than a full step forward.

Btw, is there any significant difference between aux out and optical?
I'm using the aux cables with my PC cause I need to use the optical cable for my Xbox.
These dumbass consoles don't come with an aux output.
I find it thin at first but then I realize it is the S2000PRO trebles are very prominent. I'd tune the treble down to nominal or lower if needed. Thats when I find the warmth in this unit.
But having it new might be true like you said. Needs burn-in (vs my testing sample which has been massaged)

optical will be using its in-built DAC which depending on person some call it an upgrade some call it a downgrade. To me I can't really tell.

Aux is a mix and match. Assuming you have good soundcard/dac it would be advisable to use the aux for a quality source.
I had mine on a few of my soundcard they all change in tone but it is minimal except that tube preamp I had for the "tube" sound it offers

mrkang
post Sep 21 2018, 03:18 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(KL_victor @ Jan 11 2018, 09:41 PM)
My S2000pro produce sort of cracking sound on heavy bass music when the bass EQ is turned to more the +2. Is that normal or malfunction?
Not normal. I sent mine to fix at edifier office, they mentioned is something about the built in DAC. Which after they fixed, and i tried on the spot with the same settings and music, there's no more cracking. But after a while, the cracking is back when its +2 on some of the movies played. I just dial the base down to +1 to avoid it. I think its probably have to do with software of the DAC and the source of media playing.

Side note, anybody add a sub to gain the low end which the s2000 pro lack of, especially for movies? For music i think the low end works just fine (not for techno low low base kinda song)
prekk2
post Feb 12 2019, 03:19 PM

1 posts

Hi guys, i bought a unit and it's really nice.

But I have a problem and wanna ask why my unit have high pitched squeal sound (very loud) at around 10 mins interval. Fyi, I'm connecting this speaker to a TV Box using optical cable and this only happened when using optical cable. Anyone experience the same?
Edifier
post Feb 13 2019, 10:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

QUOTE(prekk2 @ Feb 12 2019, 03:19 PM)

But I have a problem and wanna ask why my unit have high pitched squeal sound (very loud) at around 10 mins interval. Fyi, I'm connecting this speaker to a TV Box using optical cable and this only happened when using optical cable. Anyone experience the same?
we already report the problem you encounter to our principal, waiting for them to revert back now.
Edifier
post Feb 15 2019, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

QUOTE(prekk2 @ Feb 12 2019, 03:19 PM)

Can you try it with Computer? Please select 44.1KHz/48KHz/96KHz/192KHz audio type to test it.
If possible, please capture a video for us so our engineer can analyze it.
beetch
post Apr 14 2020, 02:55 AM

Casual
413 posts

My studio 8 died.

How is this compared to studio 8? I think i will miss the bass . The tweet and mids are just nice with a good soundcard.

I tried the s530d a couple years back and it was terrible. I dont want to buy another R8 ( already have 3, 2 got same problem).

This post has been edited by beetch: Apr 14 2020, 02:56 AM
TSpower911
post Apr 14 2020, 09:58 AM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ Apr 14 2020, 03:55 AM)
My studio 8 died.

How is this compared to studio 8? I think i will miss the bass . The tweet and mids are just nice with a good soundcard.

I tried the s530d a couple years back and it was terrible. I dont want to buy another R8 ( already have 3, 2 got same problem).
What happened to your studio 8 though? Would like to know since I didn't get to keep it for long term.

The S2000Pro like you said, you'll miss the bass. But overall it's a more balanced sounding speaker compared to Studio 8.
iirc Studio 8 8" woofers sound more like 2 subwoofers placed on table rather than a midbass driver. I remember there's no midrange vocals through it. All relying on the smaller 4" mids for vocals hence kinda have some crossover gap

The S2000PRO plays well since it didn't try to be a tabletop subwoofer. One noticeable trait is that the trebles are significantly louder and smoother than Studio 8. You can play it louder without feeling "pierced"
The S2000PRO still hits lows really deep as if there's a sub hidden. But nowhere comparable with Studio 8 when it comes to bass volume.
Other than that I kinda forgot how they fair with each other. It's been a while since I tested both of them. icon_rolleyes.gif

7 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:06 PM