Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lowyat.NET Forumers' Audiophlie Database, Pictures only please, PLEASE

views

Najmods
post Jun 7 2007, 08:08 PM

*mutter mutter mutter mutter*
5,211 posts

This is my 3.1 speaker setup, Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1 with JBL middle speaker hooked to....
user posted image
user posted image

....this old Dantax Model Pro 90 Surround Sound Processor. It does a great job separating voice to middle speaker and it work great in games too!
user posted image
Najmods
post Nov 14 2009, 04:32 PM

5,211 posts

My first (bought by my own money that is tongue.gif) headphones, Sennheiser HD-437. To be honest it sounds horrible on stock, mostly because of its massively amplified bass, but of course it can be improved. This is the stock pics of it the night I bought it

user posted image

Some modification I do to it is removed the stock earpads, its way too thick, almost 1cm thick.

user posted image

I removed the back padding and used it for ear padding (the right one, the left is stock pad), its much thinner and much better sound than stock

user posted image

And I closed the bass holes behind the driver to tame the bass, these two holes 9red circle) are the culprit, other holes are closed but not these two. Using nothing but cello tape to closed it, it works very well tongue.gif

user posted image

To finish the mod I use cable from...well, I guess you know where I get those cable from whistling.gif ... to recable them

user posted image

I loved it now, works very well with my handphones and my laptop smile.gif Now the bass is tight and controlled, with some nice detail on the background cool.gif I'm not too choosy anyhow biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Najmods: Nov 14 2009, 04:34 PM
Najmods
post Nov 18 2009, 07:18 PM

5,211 posts

QUOTE(PcWork @ Nov 16 2009, 12:15 AM)
weh.. that cable looks so familiar...

by the way. i think it's not good to just use selotape to stick the cable on back of magnet.
try to tie a knob by cable tie.
user posted image
it shall prevent u pull out the board if u accidentally pull the cable.
if u put like this without a knob on cable. higher chances that when u pull the cable. the electronic board will come out. and snap the both voice coil.
the board is glue with  hold melt glue only (usually) and they are not really super rigid.

to close the hole near the back of the casing. if u feel bass is over tight. try to get some CD cover (those ppl use to put pirated CD). in the middle of the cd bag there's sort of silky paper in middle.
user posted image
use that to glue it at the holes. and add up multiple layer for fine tune the bass hole porosity. remember the glue shall only apply around the hole, not through out the sheet of paper.

and try put a flat layer of blue tag on the top of the magnet, and not touching the platic part of the place that it holds the magnet.
it might works for this headphone and it might not.
just my 2 cents suggestion . =)
Thanks for the tip wink.gif I'll definitely try the CD cover thing biggrin.gif

Sennheiser integrates a small metal to prevent the stock cable from being rip off, I used it, helps the cable from being rip off a little bit

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0620sec    0.70    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 PM