Getting Started
60 posts

wazzap
likabaws
post Dec 3 2016, 06:23 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Macnair @ Dec 3 2016, 08:22 AM)
How long is the shipping if I order from taobao? I'm really liking the EVA purple/green keycaps.
EVA keycaps? can give link?
Shipping is around 1 week for taobao, less than 1 week if your're lucky.
likabaws
post Dec 27 2016, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

rip scroll
likabaws
post Mar 17 2017, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Guys where can I get an IBM Model M here? Anyone has experience getting them shipped from oversea?
likabaws
post Aug 9 2017, 01:06 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

Just bought a used cm quickfire rapid i TKL with cherry reds for rm 80, compared to my board with gateron reds, the cherry mx red feels SO MUCH scratchier weiii

Well bought it because I wanna mod it anyway, anyone here has spray painted their board with rubber paint before? Does rubber paint smell after applying?
likabaws
post Aug 9 2017, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(quovadis123 @ Aug 9 2017, 08:45 AM)
Photo of the day
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

One can only dream. unsure.gif unsure.gif
likabaws
post Aug 12 2017, 02:25 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(slack3r @ Aug 11 2017, 10:17 PM)
I did used plastidip it was ok just let it dry completely what paint do you plan to use?
I have no idea thats why im asking here, planing to go for plastidip too.
You do get the rubbery texture after applying it right? Because the quickfire rapid I has the rubbery texture too which I really like.
Do I need to sand down the rubbery paint of the keyboard completely first or just apply it directly?
likabaws
post Aug 12 2017, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Any paint recommendation? Do I need to apply primer or straight paint? And what grit of sandpaper to use? I've never really painted anything before so its really confusing when I am reading through guides on the interwebs. And the paint used on those guides not available locally too rclxub.gif
likabaws
post Aug 13 2017, 09:09 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(justnits @ Aug 13 2017, 01:44 PM)
depends on what u want. last time i use krylon matte spray because i don't want glossy finishing, but there's some fatal flaw there, i forgot about the clear protective coating. in matter of weeks, the paint start to chipped off and some yellowing appears on the spot where my hand touches the keyboard a lot.
i got myself a matte clear coating spray, but too lazy to repaint my filco LOL!

i'm not too pro myself in paint mod. but always get a few different grades of sandpaper.
i usually get like 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200 grit types.
you might need lower grit (coarser) sand paper, depending on your keyboard's coating.
my experience with spray mod my keyboard doesn't need me to remove the old coating first as my keyboard is at it's bare case colour already.
and the spray i use don't need to use primer. i think it's krylon fusion, which i got them from ace hardware.
Ah tons of good info, thanks a lot. Will hit the hardware store for some paint soon wink.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0736sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:04 PM