Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[V30] Lowyat.Net Mechanical Keyboard Club

views

Selectt
post Feb 12 2018, 12:47 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(horns @ Feb 7 2018, 12:46 PM)
sorry by form factor i mean the size of the keyboard. the common ones are full-size/100% (104/108 keys), and tenkeyless/80% (87 keys). if you wanna have clicky sound, you should get those with cherry mx blue switches.

personally i suggest you check out coolermaster master s pbt, or ikbc c87. (these two are tenkeyless, i.e. without numpad) you can check out storeuni.com for more choices.

also, it's better for you to go to shops near you that have good amounts of demo units and try the different switches out first.
tq man. tested & confirm will want to buy blue switch. now go to for form, you are also correct, i ll buy tenkeyless. laugh.gif

for brand wise, i duno. i ll checkup coolermaster master s pbt, or ikbc c87 as u suggested. what is the best bang for buck?
Selectt
post Feb 12 2018, 12:56 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

i read this https://www.lowyat.net/2017/135577/tecware-phantom-tkl-my/

under rm150
Selectt
post Feb 12 2018, 02:39 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(horns @ Feb 12 2018, 02:33 PM)
the kbd-5 degree is here, with kailh box red. as i suspected, the lelf shift doesn't have stabilizers (but it works fine without them; no wobbles, no rattles)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

this is a prebuilt version from kbdfans. i will use it for a bit before a total disassembly is done. the overall build quality is decent for a CIY board.  i'm surprised that the stabs are actually solid. they are different from stock/prebuilt gk64 (Chinese-made cherry-style pcb-mount stabs; gold-plated wires; screw-in type)
horns, u seems to be very interested with mech keyboards. biggrin.gif
Selectt
post Feb 12 2018, 03:26 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(antaras @ Feb 12 2018, 03:05 PM)
ummm... after all, this in the Mechanical Keyboard Club... people should be interested with mechboards in here. hahah...
lol, fair i guess. special niche area.
Selectt
post Feb 12 2018, 07:04 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(antaras @ Feb 8 2018, 10:10 AM)
I think I would also suggest to try hot-swappables like the Tecware Phantom. It's a cheap board that allow users to hot swap switches. They can try out different switches a lot easier and faster. However, no comment on quality as I had not try them yet.
QUOTE(horns @ Feb 8 2018, 11:43 AM)
yes of course they should read it. that article gives a good picture on the vast choices of mkbs lol
tecware phantom is less optimal as a starter board for beginners. yeah it's cheap that i agree (hot-swappable sockets are a plus too), but it doesn't reflect better qualities of a good board imo. (it's like the comment about team.wolf in that article you posted)

as always, don't take my words for it. just find some time and play with it in any shop that has demo units.
is there other mech keyboard cheaper than Tecware phantom? can i say any cheaper than rm150 is trash?

/cheapskating since taiwan/china made keyboards has similar quality biggrin.gif
Selectt
post Feb 21 2018, 09:42 AM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

lol horns, the keyboard experts. anything please find horns for advice.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0739sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:24 PM