Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [V30] Lowyat.Net Mechanical Keyboard Club

horns
post Yesterday, 05:38 PM

\m/
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Aug 17 2017, 02:37 PM)
Lubing is just to get the feel right? Of used for a few years without lubing, the mechbkb also wun rosak right?
i mean i don't know typing feels can be improved this much, just by lubricating these parts (although the process is very time-consuming to me); and no i don't think you need to lubricate yours if you don't want to, mkbs will still be ok.

er maybe i oversimplified things by directing everyone into getting the idea of mkb is mainly about feelings. (although my conclusions are somewhat related to that) no to me it's not just about that. don't forget about their other advantages against membrane boards:
1. lasting. this is especially true for good boards. from internals like pcb and switches, it extends to maintained consistency of typing feels even after a good many years of use.
2. repairable. if it has dead keys, just replace those and move on. if it has scratchy switches, lube it and move on. there is no need to throw it away. (basic skills like soldering are required, but it's not hard to learn at all)
3. flexible. this is about customization. almost everything can be customized according to your needs (and budget). it's not that boring anymore for a keyboard.
4. rich form factors. 40%, 60%, 75%, tkl, full-sized, etc. there are choices to meet everyone's unique preferences.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Skylinestar
post Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Mega Duck
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Aug 17 2017, 02:37 PM)
Lubing is just to get the feel right? Of used for a few years without lubing, the mechbkb also wun rosak right?
of course won't damage. many people use budget (<RM30) keyboards for years without damage
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

82 Pages « < 80 81 82Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0735sec    9.78    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 11:06 AM