Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maxis TalkMore28, Plan Revamp

PeeEl
post Nov 23 2016, 04:50 PM, updated 4 weeks ago
Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

I held on posting as thought I could know some sense into them but apparently not.

Those who subscribe to TalkMore28, I believe would definitely share my sentiments.

Maxis recently sent us a letter advising they are enhancing the plan in question by adding 1gb data. They will maintain the 200 minutes free calls but instead of 100 free sms'es originally under the plan, they will only allow 50 now. This is not all...they are, in view of this so-called enhancement, going to charge RM38 instead of RM28/month. This is total bullshit.

If at all any one wants data, he/she can opt for a data plan. After all, this is a TALKmore plan which means it is a voice call plan that we want. Maxis cannot and should not just unilaterally change and force unto us the revamped plan giving us something we do not need and taking away what we truly require; and charging us an extra RM10/month. And they have the audacity to call it a plan enhancement!

I am going to MNP over to other telcos for the 2 TalkMore28 plans I have with this Maxis for starters. As I still have a few other accounts with them, those will be ported as well in the opportune time.

Those of you and I know there are plenty, not happy with the way Maxis is handling certain issues, if you like, share your views so that we as consumers are heard and not taken for rides as we know our rights and there are alternatives which in fact might even be better choices.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
marcus_bread
post Nov 23 2016, 05:07 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

for me im totally fine with this enhancement plan.

as nowadays we need more data than talk and sms so i really don mind they refuce the free sms 0, cause i believe youngster now prefer whatsapp or other social app.

increase of RM10 shd not be a bit deal as well, one nasi lemak ayam in KL may cost u RM10 ady.

just pity those ppl who have more than one Talkmore28 plan with them. but then again, why should you have more than one talkmore28 plan? is it for business purposes?

anyway, if you are not happy just jump ship there variety of plans out there and find the one suit u.
+Quote Post
PeeEl
post Nov 23 2016, 07:17 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Nov 23 2016, 05:07 PM)
for me im totally fine with this enhancement plan.

as nowadays we need more data than talk and sms so i really don mind they refuce the free sms 0, cause i believe youngster now prefer whatsapp or other social app.

increase of RM10 shd not be a bit deal as well, one nasi lemak ayam in KL may cost u RM10 ady.

just pity those ppl who have more than one Talkmore28 plan with them. but then again, why should you have more than one talkmore28 plan? is it for business purposes?

anyway, if you are not happy just jump ship there variety of plans out there and find the one suit u.
I won't knock your preference and acceptance and no, it is not about the money. It is the principle of the whole issue.

I also have 2 SurfMore50 plans and not that I owe an answer, I have all these plans for my father, wife and family members since you probably didn't think about that. Jumping ship is easy but if we do not speak out on situations where it is not fair a change as expounded, then advantages will be taken of by certain quarters.
+Quote Post
HippyTony
post Nov 24 2016, 12:01 PM

I'm with you here. Long time Maxis customer and we have 3 lines, one Talkmore 28 and 2 sub lines. The enhanced of the phone package is limited.

It is long story but will give you the short version. The Talkmore 28 like you is for calls. No data required. My brother maintain that line bcos he works in SG and come back once a month for work.

The 2 sublines we wanted to upgrade but we don't really have a choice, RM 98 or nothing. If we stay, the 2 sublines have to share the 500mb plus the increase of RM10 per line. If we want more data, it's RM48 1GB per month. Just does not make economical sense.

My bro is coming back this weekend and he will probably mnp.
+Quote Post
alexleow81
post Nov 24 2016, 03:45 PM
On my way

Hotlink fast is another alternative. Do compare and you will know why Hotlink fast suits you much!
+Quote Post
PeeEl
post Nov 24 2016, 06:10 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(alexleow81 @ Nov 24 2016, 03:45 PM)
Hotlink fast is another alternative. Do compare and you will know why Hotlink fast suits you much!
When action is taken, it would not be back to Maxis. MNP to other telcos.
+Quote Post
alexleow81
post Nov 24 2016, 06:22 PM
On my way

QUOTE(PeeEl @ Nov 24 2016, 06:10 PM)
When action is taken, it would not be back to Maxis. MNP to other telcos.
I've tried a lot of telco. Still Maxis is the best in terms of coverage.

+Quote Post
PeeEl
post Nov 24 2016, 06:38 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(alexleow81 @ Nov 24 2016, 06:22 PM)
I've tried a lot of telco. Still Maxis is the best in terms of coverage.
Yes but in areas where I and my family members are usually, the other telcos have good coverage as well. It is just that I have been a loyal subscriber of Maxis since time in memorial and an Elite One Club Card member; and if I can help it, would not migrate but now they are forcing people like us to, given their antics.
+Quote Post
aeiou228
post Nov 24 2016, 07:31 PM
Look at all my stars!!

deleted.

This post has been edited by aeiou228: Nov 25 2016, 09:26 AM
+Quote Post
HippyTony
post Nov 24 2016, 08:35 PM

As I said it is a long story, can't have prepaid very inconvenient for the old folks and my bro who is not in the country most of time. Auto debit postpaid is the most convenient, no need to worry about topping up. We basically need the phones to make calls with reasonable rates. Data is good to have but NOT important.

This post has been edited by HippyTony: Nov 24 2016, 08:37 PM
+Quote Post
marcus_bread
post Nov 28 2016, 02:17 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(PeeEl @ Nov 23 2016, 07:17 PM)
I won't knock your preference and acceptance and no, it is not about the money. It is the principle of the whole issue.

I also have 2 SurfMore50 plans and not that I owe an answer, I have all these plans for my father, wife and family members since you probably didn't think about that. Jumping ship is easy but if we do not speak out on situations where it is not fair a change as expounded, then advantages will be taken of by certain quarters.
What to do... u not happy then can go complaint with MCMC. but in this case i believe not much ppl got affected and mostly MCMC wont entertain the case. so if i were u, i will just MNP all the line to show Maxis that im not happy with the change.
+Quote Post
PeeEl
post Nov 28 2016, 05:40 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Nov 28 2016, 02:17 PM)
What to do... u not happy then can go complaint with MCMC. but in this case i believe not much ppl got affected and mostly MCMC wont entertain the case. so if i were u, i will just MNP all the line to show Maxis that im not happy with the change.
Wow, thanks for your enlightenment. That's exactly what I said I will do when I first posted. In fact I have already started the ball rolling. Please do not concern yourself too much on my behalf.
+Quote Post
PeowYong
post Nov 29 2016, 02:03 PM
PeowYong

My family using 2 x talkmore28 plan too.
Wife: talkmore28, me supp line RM30
Mother: talkmore28, 2 x supp line RM 30

Seems like there's no choice for upgrade but have to pay the additional rm10.

+Quote Post
PeeEl
post Nov 29 2016, 07:33 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Nov 29 2016, 02:03 PM)
My family using 2 x talkmore28 plan too.
Wife: talkmore28, me supp line RM30
Mother: talkmore28, 2 x supp line RM 30

Seems like there's no choice for upgrade but have to pay the additional rm10.
Firstly, could I find out from you what do you get for the Supp Line RM30?

Then, you do have a choice unless you want to stick with Maxis due to probably signal strength or better coverage. It is not about the money. It is the way they went about shafting something not fair down our throats as expounded above. Anyway, I have checked with the other major Telcos and DiGi has got a Prepaid plan for voice calls only which is quite good. Most telcos are moving away from just that but they should not disrupt customers of theirs who are already on those voice plans.

You and others can actually do a quick check. Who knows? By porting to another telco, it may even be beneficial to your needs and to tell Maxis that consumers do have a voice(excuse the pun).
+Quote Post
PeowYong
post Nov 30 2016, 12:36 PM
PeowYong

QUOTE(PeeEl @ Nov 29 2016, 07:33 PM)
Firstly, could I find out from you what do you get for the Supp Line RM30?

Then, you do have a choice unless you want to stick with Maxis due to probably signal strength or better coverage. It is not about the money. It is the way they went about shafting something not fair down our throats as expounded above. Anyway, I have checked with the other major Telcos and DiGi has got a Prepaid plan for voice calls only which is quite good. Most telcos are moving away from just that but they should not disrupt customers of theirs who are already on those voice plans.

You and others can actually do a quick check. Who knows? By porting to another telco, it may even be beneficial to your needs and to tell Maxis that consumers do have a voice(excuse the pun).
The Supp Line is 1GB, free certain minutes and sms to the talkmore principal line.
I have no issue about coverage and signal strength as I just use 3G and 1GB is sufficient for my use. Ported from DiGi few years ago when it was not stable back then. Probably not porting out as it is quite troublesome.

To me, it is about the money. The reason i chose this plan is because its the cheapest postpaid with good coverage that I can find and matches both me and my wife's usage.
I seldom call, need minimal data (for whatsapp, FB, Waze, minimal video streaming), and my wife call more, need even lesser data. Got her a 3G tablet plan (long validity 3G data plan, using around 1GB a year) and running both sim card on her phone.
We find it more convenient with this plan as compared to prepaid plan.
Monthly bill for us is around rm65 only.

With the new forced upgrade, i need to pay additional RM10.

There are a lot of different plan in the market but doesn't suit our usage.

Do let me know if you found other plan/telco with lower cost. We still prefer using postpaid.
+Quote Post
PeeEl
post Nov 30 2016, 01:40 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Nov 30 2016, 12:36 PM)
The Supp Line is 1GB, free certain minutes and sms to the talkmore principal line.
I have no issue about coverage and signal strength as I just use 3G and 1GB is sufficient for my use. Ported from DiGi few years ago when it was not stable back then. Probably not porting out as it is quite troublesome.

To me, it is about the money. The reason i chose this plan is because its the cheapest postpaid with good coverage that I can find and matches both me and my wife's usage.
I seldom call, need minimal data (for whatsapp, FB, Waze, minimal video streaming),  and my wife call more, need even lesser data. Got her a 3G tablet plan (long validity 3G data plan, using around 1GB a year) and running both sim card on her phone.

Do let me know if you found other plan/telco with lower cost. We still prefer using postpaid.
Candidly, imho, only 3 telcos provide good enough signal strength and coverage. They are Celcom, DiGi and Maxis. All of them have their idiosyncrasies.

But under present circumstances, after scouring around, DiGi has a Prepaid plan where you pay a certain amount yearly and with that sum you do not need to re-load for a year, which makes it very convenient. With that additional amount you get 500mb/month for minimal data usage like for social media which is sufficient but not too much where they will have to burden you with extra charges. Extrapolating it over a year, you may end up not having to pay more than you need and for something not required as dictated by Maxis. Of course, it is very dependent on your usage. You can go and check it out, if keen.
+Quote Post
PeowYong
post Nov 30 2016, 01:46 PM
PeowYong

alright. thanks for the info wink.gif
+Quote Post
beribi
post Dec 28 2016, 02:52 PM
Group: New Member

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Nov 30 2016, 12:36 PM)

I seldom call, need minimal data (for whatsapp, FB, Waze, minimal video streaming),  and my wife call more, need even lesser data. Got her a 3G tablet plan (long validity 3G data plan, using around 1GB a year) and running both sim card on her phone.

U can try REDONE RM8 monthly postpaid plan. Redone using celcom network and i always travel ulu area in sarawak so far good coverage. Or u can purchase redone prepaid rm10 monthly to check good coverage in ur area.

This morning i just onlive chat with maxis help, they gave me two options, rm38 or rm20 plan.
+Quote Post
PeeEl
post Dec 28 2016, 05:35 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(beribi @ Dec 28 2016, 02:52 PM)
U can try REDONE RM8 monthly postpaid plan. Redone using celcom network and i always travel ulu area in sarawak so far good coverage. Or u can purchase redone prepaid rm10 monthly to check good coverage in ur area.

This morning i just onlive chat with maxis help, they gave me two options, rm38 or rm20 plan.
What plans are the RM38 and RM20 options Maxis is offering you?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0766sec    3.98    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 01:19 AM