Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Controlling diabetes with lchf diet, no meds

views

dave82
post Nov 29 2016, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(Twins10 @ Nov 25 2016, 10:33 PM)
For diabetics, potatoes n yams n even peanuts not allowed till blood sugar drop to acceptable level.  My after meals quite high at 15.5 which drops to 9.5 at 10.30 pm.

Morning fasting glucose is 8.3...

Need to work back to 7...then to 6.

But work life too hectic n stressful.  Once i get a few days off, will try fasting with water.
Have you ever wondered why you got diabetes in the first place?

LCHF (carbs typically less than 100gm per day) and ketogenic diet (carbs less than 30gm per day) have reversed diabetes in many people, even those on insulin. But bear in mind that if one decides to stray away from the diet and continue their old ways of eating, definitely their diabetes will return.

Remember, exercise is very important in increasing insulin sensitivity and should be incorporate in one's lifestyle.

Also, if one is overweight (which is rather usual amongst type 2 diabetics), a caloric deficit on any type of diet and structured exercise regime will bring the weight down,improve insulin sensitivity and reverse diabetes.
crazyvan
post Dec 9 2016, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Top Foods to Treat Diabetes. If you want to reverse type II diabetes or prevent diabetes, I suggest you add the following foods into your diet. High fiber foods help slow down glucose absorption. Aim for at least 30g of fiber per day from vegetables, avocados, berries, nuts, and seeds.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:54 PM