views

keown83
post Nov 20 2016, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(waja2000 @ Nov 18 2016, 11:27 AM)
RAF Typhoons Claim Win In Exercise With Malaysian Flankers
Oct 28, 2016 Bradley Perrett | Aviation Week & Space Technology

The Royal Air Force (RAF) does not usually claim victory in an exercise—it prefers to stay quiet about such matters. But British Eurofighter Typhoon pilots report that they defeated Malaysian Sukhoi Su-30MKM Flankers in mock battles this month, with a new helmet-mounted sighting system regarded as essential. Warm-up drills for Exercise Bersama Lima 16, held in Malaysia Oct. 4-21, provided the first opportunity for RAF Typhoons to be pitched against the Su-30MKMs of the Royal Malaysian .

link, but no account to read all report.

http://aviationweek.com/combat-aircraft/ra...aysian-flankers
ini semua cerita utk LIMA taun depan

MRCA lobi2 jgn x lobi LEL
keown83
post Nov 26 2016, 07:35 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Nov 26 2016, 01:39 PM)
wwooots, receive some gossip... what do u think of singkie making their own tanks?
Merkava-lookalike MBT?

that will be interesting
keown83
post Dec 9 2016, 07:54 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(azriel @ Dec 9 2016, 07:43 PM)
I have no idea. Anyway here is another pic.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Credit to andrean.hk.
OMG it looks really uncomfortable

i think that guy will curse the mag till kingdom come during skirmish

long mag is long man
keown83
post Dec 12 2016, 07:46 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(Frozen_Sun @ Dec 11 2016, 02:18 PM)
I'm sure these long SureFire mags can still be useful combat situation. Personnel with these mags can lay down suppressing fire and not as part of the maneuvering team.

Kopaska operators have excellent training, I'm sure they are aware of the drawbacks and benefits of these long mags
thats what i thought also

might be useful for suppressing fire support
keown83
post Feb 6 2017, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(KLboy92 @ Feb 4 2017, 10:18 PM)
user posted image

During the 2003 invasion of Iraq the Challenger 2 tanks suffered no tank losses to enemy fire, although one was penetrated by an IED. This was, at the time, unprotected by Dorchester armour. The driver was injured. In one encounter within the urban area a Challenger 2 came under attack from irregular forces with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades. The driver's sight was damaged and while attempting to back away under the commander's directions, the other sights were damaged and the tank threw its tracks entering a ditch. It was hit directly by fourteen rocket propelled grenades from close range and a MILAN anti-tank missile. The crew survived remaining safe within the tank until the tank was recovered for repairs, the worst damage being to the sighting system. It was back in operation six hours later after repairs. One Challenger 2 operating near Basra survived being hit by 70 RPGs in another incident.
i dun think the ATM trooper was setup with Anti-Tank capability..that RPG is only to deal with enemy troops & light vehicle, not to deal with MBT..enemy MBT will be deal with Bakhtar Shikan
keown83
post Feb 6 2017, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(numbprick @ Feb 6 2017, 10:18 AM)
meanwhile i wonder our first french marque kapal selam is fully operational or still in bengkel?
the dumbest question i ever read in military thread

OK here we again with this stupid dumb "kapal selam tak boleh menyelam" from stupid-to-the-core-but-trying-to-act-smart Pakatun supporter

Yes,i know very well u are a Pakatun fag by just reading ur comment
keown83
post Feb 6 2017, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

-Editted double post-

This post has been edited by keown83: Feb 6 2017, 01:39 PM
keown83
post Mar 8 2017, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

wth what is happening?

suddenly u guys seems dun know how to use quote well
keown83
post Mar 8 2017, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(TigerLion @ Mar 8 2017, 05:30 PM)
True.

So your subs repaired already?
what repair? Care to elaborate more?
keown83
post Mar 11 2017, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(lordy @ Mar 11 2017, 10:55 PM)
gee, just look at the equipment list of Malaysian Arm Forces ...

memang rojak, source from so many countries, to stock the spare parts alone already cost the tax payers heaps sad.gif

the sad thing about this is, small firearms also can not produce locally, now that is a drawback for arms industry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_of_..._Malaysian_Army
yes , it is sad..but that is what current management trying to fix becos what we have right now is what have been done by the previous leaders with their crony..no, i am not trying to spew politics here, just that its too obvious that they are the reason all this happened..thank god with these leaders already out of job & brought their crony along plus new leaders really did many things to start clean up the mess, i see hope in ATM new procurement & asset management

maybe we can see the leap of new ATM era by proper selection of new mrca

ps: i dun believe the typhoon & rafale as a real final shortlist..i think the real finale will be far different..but that is just me
keown83
post Mar 11 2017, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(lordy @ Mar 11 2017, 11:46 PM)
typhoon and rafael may not be able to handle the humidity level that we have in tropical country like us, i would say we shall be more realistic with our needs, JF17 which is use by Pakistan will be a better choice for us, since now we buddy buddy with commi PRC  nod.gif
u are wierd fella..dun u think its contradict to ur statement earlier that comment about the rojakness of ATM inventory, then suddenly suggest JF17 which never had any history with ATM hence contribute to more ATM's rojakness in their inventory?
keown83
post Mar 12 2017, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(atreyuangel @ Mar 12 2017, 01:21 AM)
yeah the news is from 2015, then again 2016 and it is still flying the last exercise

I remember the last 2 or 3 LIMA, Rafale parked in the hot sun while the typhoon was
- parked in Penang with a lot of support under Hanger while the next edition
Typhoon parked in LIMA with a lot of support and cooling material with RAF personnel rubbing heat solution every 2 or 4 hours.
until now i cant believe typhoon needs to be pampered that way

i guess Saudi airforce also must have a vast volume of special made hangars to pamper their typhoon

This post has been edited by keown83: Mar 12 2017, 09:54 AM
keown83
post Mar 12 2017, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(mumbly297 @ Mar 12 2017, 11:27 AM)
Superhornet and 2nd hand hornet to make the legacy full squadron. Legacy hornet will be good for another 10 yrs. The grifen is good if TUDM want to switch to single engine fighter. After that TUDM will have a problem as there is no twin engine fighter coming out except the existing one in market. Therefore it best for them to buy big now.
even though imma fan of typhoon, for malaysia scenario, imma full support for super hornet+hornet combined..can make a mix of 2nd hand hornet + new super-hornet

shrink the variety to Su-30MKM/SH-H/Hawk more easier for logistic, maintenance, support & training management
keown83
post Mar 12 2017, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(TigerLion @ Mar 12 2017, 12:23 PM)
Don't need fighter jets lah...  biggrin.gif

So expensive...  sad.gif

Might as well invest in hacking and propaganda.  sad.gif

Shutting down our electricity by one hacker can do more damage to SG than the whole of ATM...  sad.gif
no lah

i dun think SG is stupid enough to put all their power supply management under one sole network
keown83
post Mar 12 2017, 02:43 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(atreyuangel @ Mar 12 2017, 02:31 PM)
Plus Boeing is bringing a quit large envoy for LIMA this year and most of them is now in KL for the MRCA
- sound like there is a decision soon enough
+ plus the EDA transfer of the SPH is also from US if you are forgotten
which is why im having a doubt with the recent official statement that said "only rafale & typhoon shortlisted & will be finalize while others plus hornet was out"

hope there's still gud news from boeing regarding this mrca..yes i love to see typhoon in TUDM inventory but TUDM's requirement is far more important than my fantasy

*finger crossed*
keown83
post Mar 12 2017, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(atreyuangel @ Mar 12 2017, 03:01 PM)
Well the first 8 hornet was purchase for political reason at first place
Plus the hornets are more for Maritime purposes as Rafale even though able to do maritime strike the bird could not do as well as the hornets

plus + tak semestinya baru kan kan kan brows.gif

hahaha
itu rafale i think their local agent kaw2 promote to gomen..maybe they have deep connection to help them promote..not easy to promote rafale as its quite foreign to TUDM

yup..tak kata pun mesti baru...selagi airframe tahan lama, negara kawan2 nak hadiahkan pun boleh icon_idea.gif brows.gif

i imagine 8 newly built SH + 7 more 2nd hand D version Hornet from Kuwait (IF Saudi manage to convince Kuwait) at max..as Kuwaiti also buying typhoon, maybe Saudi can do some magic between Kuwait & Malaysia

& iinm Kuwaiti Hornet has been upgraded

QUOTE(KLboy92 @ Mar 12 2017, 05:38 PM)
Times of India fires the shots (look at the reference to SU-30MKI brows.gif )

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/a...ow/57546519.cms

Sputnik News hits back

https://sputniknews.com/military/2017031010...ighter-dispute/

enjoy the popcorn laugh.gif
LEL india

Military procurement also must make Bollywood drama

i guess China is the best when it comes to foreign military procurement (no need bising2 no significance ToT with Russia when buy Su-27 like India on Su-30MKI..just simply buy Su-27 then suddenly not long after out of nowhere J-11 appeared)

This post has been edited by keown83: Mar 12 2017, 06:02 PM
keown83
post Mar 13 2017, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(azriel @ Mar 13 2017, 02:49 PM)
Iran’s military officially unveiled its newest Karrar main battle tank.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

http://defence-blog.com/news/irans-militar...attle-tank.html
what happen to their zulfiqar 3? until now its very hard to see zulfiqar 3 in action
keown83
post Mar 13 2017, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(lokideangelus @ Mar 13 2017, 08:26 PM)
probably a paper tiger..
thinking the same too..i guess itsl just their propaganda towards US

the upgraded T-72 looks more real than zulfiqar 3
keown83
post Mar 14 2017, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(mumbly297 @ Mar 14 2017, 10:57 AM)
naah imma confident TUDM will not choose saudi F-15

worst case screnario, may only choose utility aircraft & heli
keown83
post Mar 14 2017, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(azriel @ Mar 14 2017, 01:53 PM)
i really doubt any jet fighter company even russia willingly to do proper ToT to any foreign country..most will only agree to do very insignificance ToT

2 Pages  1 2 >
Bump Topic Topic ClosedOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0788sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:07 PM