Nissan Sylphy 1.8 VL [ 4 ] ** [1.86%]
Total Votes: 215
Guests cannot vote 
views

6UE5T
post Nov 16 2016, 04:43 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

Civic: too rice boyish style, supposedly good engine performance but coupled with CVT transmission.
Jetta: probably the best performance but questionable reliability and service and RV drops like a stone.
Mazda 3: seems decent, but overall exterior design proportion doesn't look good to me.
Cerato: not interested coz Korean, RV also drops like a stone.
Elantra: also Korean like above.
Altis: also seems decent, the best exterior look IMHO, maybe lacking some features of the others. I've driven this car overseas for over a week for long distances and seems not bad with great fuel consumption, but just typical boring car.
Focus: probably also rival the Jetta for performance but also questionable reliability and service, or ease of finding parts. RV also drops like a stone.
Sylphy: decent exterior but more uncle-ish look of the bunch, good comfort and leg room, the weakest power and slowest, also with CVT.

SO, if I were you I also don't know which one to choose, none really a perfect choice. Maybe only either the Mazda 3 or the Altis, the rest are no. I'd rather buy a used D-Segment actually than any of those above.
6UE5T
post Nov 16 2016, 05:57 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Nov 16 2016, 05:36 PM)
I know at this price point it is very near D Segment price. D Segment getting cheaper and C Segment  is getting sleeker, sexier, and sportier.
B Segment Vios, CIty, Vento, Mazda 2 all price near 100k, add few k more can get base Mazda 3, Cerato 1.6, Elantra 1.6, which categorised under C Segment, and also bigger than B segment right.
But then again, not everyone want big car. You cannot compare like this. It will never end if you have thinking that "add few more k can get bigger car".
In order to sell well in each segment, they have to stand out in the crowd. That is why i start this poll to see what Malaysian prefer in the C Segment market.
Ideally I'd want RWD or AWD reliable car which are faster than those above, unfortunately no such car available in the C Segment here unless you go above rm200k or buy old used ones from the early-mid 2000.
6UE5T
post Nov 16 2016, 06:25 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(roocarroll @ Nov 16 2016, 06:04 PM)
You can get a brand new Accord for RM136k according to this ad: http://m.mudah.my/view?ca=9_3_s&cg=1015&q=...&ad_id=48417087

If it was up to me and I had to choose a car for less than RM140k, I'd buy the Accord.

If it had to be a C segment car, it would be the Mazda 3 probably. The Civic has a high centre console that hits my knee.
That's only a 2.0 d-segment though, under powered.
6UE5T
post Nov 17 2016, 04:35 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(djtong @ Nov 17 2016, 12:29 PM)
RWD or AWD does not necessarily mean faster, especially not at the segment you're looking at. Even BMW/Merc shifting towards FWD gradually.
If this is what you want you'll have to look into a used Subaru or Mitsu or 3 series.
I own a Focus with the older 2.0 engine. Feels good, handling better than all listed except maybe the new Civic and Mazda. Currently under full service warranty but parts cost a bomb. RV will not be good but I plan to keep it a long time. Mazda engine means cheaper parts there, but everything is expensive now with Ecoboost.

I agree with other forummer, if you want speed then get Preve. Safety is good and always see them bantai corner like GTR.
Yes I know AWD/RWD don't mean faster. I want AWD/RWD due to the different handling behavior as I'm already very bored with FWD cars. Faster means around 300hp/350nm power level. So yeah only used Evos and STIs fit the bill, others don't even come close.

Preve can bantai corner like GTR??? I suppose the Lotus handling thing is real ya? Or like GTR on a leisurely drive la I think. laugh.gif
6UE5T
post Nov 18 2016, 02:49 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 18 2016, 12:36 AM)
only used units that are most likely worn/modded.
its gotten much cheaper, but not as cheap as you think.

parts on the 86 also even worse... good coilovers alone already almost 10k. how you guys to FI it? brakes?
estimate at least 30-50k if you're that ambitious.
QUOTE(JunJun04035 @ Nov 18 2016, 10:36 AM)
Not as expensive as you might think bro, especially those worn out units, which even you factor in a total rebuild of power plant, it's still consider ok-ish, depends on your OCD level.

Also, 50k for mods, that's because you are in the beast league. Don't compare with us which in the kici-meow league.

laugh.gif
Let's see, if medium level coilovers (not those Ohlins level ya) like Tein, Tanabe, HKS maybe 5-7k can get?
Then 17' lightweight JDM rims like RPF1, can buy good used ones for say 3-4k maybe.
Then good performance tires, maybe about 2k all.
Brakes maybe can adopt from std 4/2 pots of other cars? Say spend around 3-4k front & rear to get refurbished calipers with new discs, pads, & stainless hose.
Exhaust maybe up to 2-4k
Then bolt-on FI plus engine management and additional gauges, can be 20-30k.
Then don't forget a good security system to protect all these stuff, maybe another 2-3k?
So total already like 34k-52k, no?
Belum lagi if want to do further chassis stiffening like bars & bushings. Then how about add body kits, and change some components just to improve AV entertainment a bit? brows.gif Total already like half the used price leh.
6UE5T
post Nov 18 2016, 04:18 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(JunJun04035 @ Nov 18 2016, 03:09 PM)
cool2.gif

welcome to the beast club.

BTW, who on earth, other than you two will ever consider spend 50% of the car price on mods?  laugh.gif

C'mmon bro. It's Malaysia. Everything is fucking expensive here.  sweat.gif
QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 18 2016, 03:22 PM)
Wa, the way you itemize it actually made me realize how even I (the other 2dudes aside hah) underestimated the cost laugh.gif
Hahaha, I'm not in the 'beast' club la, I just made some guesstimate based on what I know la.
Note that some of those are used stuff wor, like used rims and calipers! Imagine if you want to buy brand new ori RPF1 and Brembo/AP Racing/Project Mu calipers? Easily top up another 10-15k there. Then how about carbon fiber seats? Belum lagi if you want fully built motor with forged internals to take more boost? Endless possibilities with endless spending! laugh.gif
6UE5T
post Nov 18 2016, 11:48 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(GalaxiasWilliam @ Nov 18 2016, 06:08 PM)
don't bully me cry.gif Yeah, very true and valid points, but for me and my age, I'd so much rather have an 86 than a Camry as a daily with the 140k budget. So to each their own icon_rolleyes.gif

poison sikit:
user posted image
Even me who is already uncle age would rather buy and drive GT86 anytime any day than the boring Camry! laugh.gif
6UE5T
post Nov 19 2016, 12:24 AM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(roocarroll @ Nov 19 2016, 12:17 AM)
What do the wires on the front bumper do?

Nice car btw.
To secure the front splitter.
6UE5T
post Nov 21 2016, 05:37 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Nov 21 2016, 04:43 PM)
WOW didn't expect wild GT86 will appear in this poll

Interesting most Malaysian prefer the Civic over the Mazda 3, maybe due to turbo haha
Yah there's another thread talking about GT86 vs Audi TT so should've gone there. laugh.gif
Not surprised coz it's a Honda in the first place and it's newer.
6UE5T
post Feb 14 2020, 08:12 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(cyapd @ Feb 14 2020, 07:50 PM)
Even nashin already cost a bomb. Lucky only driving a cheapo b-segment hatchback now. Bigger family car let my wife drive and I’ll sit and relax beside her with the kids at the back
It's all up to everyone to limit their own spending. For me I set a target mod and budget and I try to stick to it, more or less. Lol

My wife never wants to drive me cuz I always criticize how shitty her driving is and ends up in arguments! Lol Anyway I also would never let her drive my baby!

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Feb 14 2020, 08:12 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0473sec    1.02    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2020 - 10:06 PM