Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Baby diaper, Branded and non branded or local brand

views

missmariko
post May 19 2017, 09:47 AM

21 posts

I did a review on the diapers that I've bought and tested here: http://thealmosthousewife.com/reviews/whic...nd-for-my-baby/

You can check it out smile.gif
cdspins
post May 19 2017, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

It really boils down to affordability and parents willingness to spent. Those expensive one like merries and mammy poko (japan imported) have softer lace and can adsorb more water
BoT@k
post May 29 2017, 03:02 PM

# When in doubt, ask! #
1,017 posts

Mamy Poko works best at night (or while sleeping) due to its ability to absorb more water than the rest of the other brands. As for daytime, I make do with anything as it's easier to manage in terms of diaper change since we are all awake during the day.
jasmineh2y
post Jun 4 2017, 05:05 PM

Nothing
1,100 posts

mamypoko quite thick, i prefer Goon, recently i found Tesco premium brand quite worth for money, will buy again.
Cesar Tolentino
post Jun 14 2017, 09:34 AM

13 posts

A lot of diaper products nowadays and my wife using this best diaper rash cream to help our baby to avoid rashes and irritation. hope it will help.

This post has been edited by Cesar Tolentino: Jun 14 2017, 09:35 AM
nanashah
post Jun 19 2017, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

After my baby got her first rash, I changed to Merries Pants & Mamypoko extra Soft Pants.

Slightly expensive but very cost effective.
I use less number of diapers a day compared to when I used Drypers before
kohchuup
post Jun 19 2017, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(Cesar Tolentino @ Jun 14 2017, 09:34 AM)
A lot of diaper products nowadays and my wife using this best diaper rash cream to help our baby to avoid rashes and irritation. hope it will help.
my wife made her own diaper cream and all of our shampoo, shower gel, lotion, moisturizers n etc... she's anti chemical and toxic kinda women...

which works perfectly well... try to diy n stay away from chemical

GamersFamilia
post Jun 29 2017, 11:13 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

me no choice but to stick with mami poko due to my baby will get rash using other brand
Lolie
post Jul 2 2017, 10:59 PM

38 posts

Hi Mummies,
I've used MP, Huggies, Goons, Drypers (my son is in the TVC), Tesco, Carrefour, you name it. Nothing beats European diapers (the price is similar!!!!)
Toujours which is a "cheap" store brand diapers is the BEST I've used. And I managed to buy it here once. If you find it, you MUST try it. Pampers of course is another good brand. In Europe, a pack of 48 diapers costs 7.35, roughly translates to RM35.... this is why I almost cried. Can you imagine my Drypers also costs RM34.90 already?!?! European diapers are 10 times better and costs the same to buy as local ones. I wanted to cry for not buying any to bring back (my luggage already bursting).

Bit0y
post Jul 3 2017, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

My 2 kids gets rashes from other brands specially the cheap ones. So I have to buy them Mamy Poko as this is the best when it comes to absorption and keep the baby dry per my own experience. Yes, unfortunately they are ok with this brand. sad.gif
quebix
post Oct 30 2017, 11:38 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(higari @ Oct 30 2017, 11:28 AM)
#SmarterMumWithMerriesGoodSkinPants Parents who are concerned about nappy rashes in Malaysia with hot and humid weather, Merrie’s Good Skin Pants with Advance Japan's Gentle-To-Skin Technology, it bring long hours of soft, breathable comfort to my little one while preventing any unwanted leakages while play or snooze away. It is the best choice for smarter parents
what is this? spam?
new user?
quebix
post Dec 11 2017, 10:29 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(missmariko @ May 19 2017, 09:47 AM)
I did a review on the diapers that I've bought and tested here: http://thealmosthousewife.com/reviews/whic...nd-for-my-baby/

You can check it out smile.gif
hi, have u tried Drypers Touch? wonder whats ur review for it.
mrbimbang
post Dec 11 2017, 04:23 PM

48 posts

Merries not bad..
idobez
post Sep 24 2018, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Drypers FTW.
quebix
post Sep 26 2018, 11:02 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

tried drypers wee wee, drypers touch, pet pet, drypers drypantz, huggies dry pants and huggies ultra pants.

sticking to huggies dry pants for day use/short use at home,
and huggies ultra pants for night usage/travelling.

joEy kUa
post Sep 30 2018, 06:14 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ Nov 12 2016, 05:40 PM)
tesco good. better than those branded.
ya right. I heard it from my colleague too for the good quality and affordable pricing
quebix
post Oct 10 2018, 11:17 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(joanne_tan88 @ Nov 12 2016, 05:24 PM)
Parent out there, I would like to know will you all choose local brand diaper? What is the main criteria for you all to choose which brand of diaper for your consideration? Let say a local brand with good quality and reasonable pricing, will you all consider of buying? Hope to get some feedback from you guys,  I'm a soon to be mummy, quite confuse on the diaper selection,  too many brands,  and I need to think long run also,  hope someone can reply my post thank you
basically u need to try a few, find the one suitable for your schedule + baby schedule & baby's suitability.

get samples from the clinic / hospitals. they have.

also go to their websites. u can join those huggies / drypers club, and they will send u samples.

for me? we have 2 types.
one for at home use, short time usage.

another one is for night time and outing usage.

the home use, usually is cheaper compared to the longer lasting night use/outing use.

also, u might want to consider pants type or tape type.
i started with tape, but find it easier with my baby to use the pants type.

tried a few brands, petpet, drypers touch, drypers wee wee,drypers drypantz, huggies ultra pants gold ,huggies dry pants silver, mamypoko etc.

now sticking to drypers drypantz or huggies drypants silver for home use (it depends which one is on promo, more or less same quality to me)
and the huggies ultra pants gold for night usage + outings.

mamypoko also good, but their air fit dont have pants type for me.
Mrs.A
post Dec 7 2018, 11:36 PM

Casual
309 posts

Been tried all kind of diaper and we’re stay with pampers premium made in japan/goon super premium since NB(now my Baby 11months old). Nothing as good as both of them. But unfortunately it’s not available in KL, either import from japan or The closest one Singapore.
MikeSt P
post Aug 26 2019, 05:05 PM

Probation
7 posts

You should consider a lot of things before buying a certain brand. As for me, this is not about the brand, but about the way it fits your baby. Check it here as well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 PM