Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

** LYN KIA Grand Carnival /Sedona Club **, Latest LX - Multi-Flex 6/7/8/11 seater

views

TSBuydirect
post May 29 2017, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(hibits @ May 28 2017, 11:05 PM)
I would like to know more the Hu upgrade and grill as well
please check my PM. Thanks
rez1
post Jun 6 2017, 09:13 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ May 29 2017, 12:37 PM)
please check my PM. Thanks
Can you also PM me for the price? TQ

TSBuydirect
post Jun 6 2017, 07:27 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(rez1 @ Jun 6 2017, 09:13 AM)
Can you also PM me for the price? TQ
please check my PM to you. Rgds
TSBuydirect
post Jun 8 2017, 06:03 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

More photos of the UPGRADED Touch screen head unit with DVD /GPS / Reverse Camera/ Bluetooth.
Get this FREE EXCLUSIVE UPGRADE when you buy your Kia Grand Carnival from now until 30th June 2017 with FREE 3 YEARS SERVICE (or up to 60,000 km) under the K2K Raya Promotion . Terms and conditions apply.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSBuydirect
post Jun 10 2017, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

Pleased to share pictures of UPGRADED leather seats for Kia Carnival KX (mid-spec).
Truly good value for those who would like the comfort and luxury of leather seats without paying extra 20K premium for the EX high spec.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
dudan
post Jun 10 2017, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Jun 10 2017, 10:48 AM)
Pleased to share pictures of UPGRADED leather seats for Kia Carnival KX (mid-spec).
Truly good value for those who would like the comfort and luxury of leather seats without paying extra 20K premium for the EX high spec.
Aiyah..why come so late..
TSBuydirect
post Jun 10 2017, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

KIA to KIA promotion for this month, get a free 3 years service (60,000 km ) for purchase and registration of a Kia grand carnival on or before 30 June 2017.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSBuydirect
post Jul 8 2017, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

Just delivered a Grand Carnival KX with upgraded BLACK leather seat, that is truly color coordinated with the 2- tone interior.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
ejenmulder
post Jul 9 2017, 01:19 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Jul 8 2017, 05:18 PM)
Just delivered a Grand Carnival KX with upgraded BLACK leather seat, that is truly color coordinated with the 2- tone interior.
What's the promo like on the grand carnival?
TSBuydirect
post Jul 9 2017, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(ejenmulder @ Jul 9 2017, 01:19 PM)
What's the promo like on the grand carnival?
Will PM to you. Thanks
nasikerabu
post Jul 10 2017, 10:34 PM

3 posts

PM the current promotion. Thanks.
williamc
post Jul 24 2017, 06:57 PM

8 posts

I will provide some insight as Carnival KX owner. Been using for 3 months.

What I liked:

- Noise level. On idling, it’s a very quiet cabin. Cannot differentiate petrol or diesel. But if you’re outside though then it’s a different story – the diesel sound is obvious, very obvious. In city driving, less than 2k rpm is sufficient to move this 2ton MPV effortlessly. Below 2k rpm, the diesel clatter is very well controlled. Similar to Mercedes diesel than Hilux etc. Between 2k to 3k rpm, you can start spinning the wheel (effortlessly as well). On highway speed, it’s very calm cabin. You can communicate easily without raising your voice. Quieter than Honda & Toyota. At highway speed, it’s comparable/quieter than the latest Alphard (I had been in once between Bangkok airport & city).

- Power. 2.5 Alphard/Vellfire, move away. It pulls as well as 3.5 V6 Alphard/Vellfire. At highway speed, it’s less than 2k rpm (very relaxing). 160kmh is easy. 180kmh is manageable but the engine will be too noisy, quite tiring to the ear.. It’s like driving Honda at 130-140kmh.

- Handling & Size. Good! REALLY doesn’t feel like a 2 ton car. It follows your intended direction, and brake effortlessly. Driving at highway speed, the feeling is comparable to driving CX5. At 160kmh, the confidence is there.

- Boot space!!! Why I bought this in the first place. For Alphard/Vellfire, you have to choose whether to carry people or luggage if you’re going for a long trip. This monster boot space is huge. It takes anything. Bring 8 person + all luggages. Surely, there will be questions why I chose this over Hyundai Starex. Simply because the handling. I have driven rental Starex for a week, it’s a huge boat. As a comparative, MPV with XV40 Toyota Camry handling.

What could have made it better:

- Built in Bluetooth please….I mean, how much is a bluetooth chip??? Anyway, I have found a solution. Google : Roidmi 3s. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and transmit back to FM for the radio… So low tech.. It’s pre-order currently. My unit has yet to arrive, will test and update. DO NOT BUY ROIDMI 2S. IT DOES NOT WORK WITH CARNIVAL!!

- Auto A/C. The colour combination for high spec is not my taste…. That’s why I chose the mid spec.. But mid spec do not have auto A/C!!! Very regrettable..

- The auto door logic is hard to learn.. This is my first auto door car. I find it very troublesome to shift to P before I can electronically open the door (you can still open it manually). No override switch.. And when it refuse to open, it just refuse to open with just a ‘beep’. Kia could have incorporate warning message why the auto door is not opening. For the first 2 weeks, it’s a hide & seek game trying to find out whats wrong.

Is it hard to maneuver? Yes, especially in Multi-storey building. The steering is light and power is sufficient, but you need to be always be very aware of the size and length of the car.

These are what I could think of so far. If you need more feedback, shoot me the questions here. Will answer as much as I know.

This post has been edited by williamc: Jul 25 2017, 09:19 AM
TSBuydirect
post Jul 28 2017, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(williamc @ Jul 24 2017, 06:57 PM)

What I liked:

- Noise level. On idling, it’s a very quiet cabin. Cannot differentiate petrol or diesel. But if you’re outside though then it’s a different story – the diesel sound is obvious, very obvious. In city driving, less than 2k rpm is sufficient to move this 2ton MPV effortlessly. Below 2k rpm, the diesel clatter is very well controlled. Similar to Mercedes diesel than Hilux etc. Between 2k to 3k rpm, you can start spinning the wheel (effortlessly as well). On highway speed, it’s very calm cabin. You can communicate easily without raising your voice. Quieter than Honda & Toyota. At highway speed, it’s comparable/quieter than the latest Alphard (I had been in once between Bangkok airport & city).

- Power. 2.5 Alphard/Vellfire, move away. It pulls as well as 3.5 V6 Alphard/Vellfire. At highway speed, it’s less than 2k rpm (very relaxing). 160kmh is easy. 180kmh is manageable but the engine will be too noisy, quite tiring to the ear.. It’s like driving Honda at 130-140kmh.

- Handling & Size. Good! REALLY doesn’t feel like a 2 ton car. It follows your intended direction, and brake effortlessly. Driving at highway speed, the feeling is comparable to driving CX5. At 160kmh, the confidence is there.

- Boot space!!! Why I bought this in the first place. For Alphard/Vellfire, you have to choose whether to carry people or luggage if you’re going for a long trip. This monster boot space is huge. It takes anything. Bring 8 person + all luggages. Surely, there will be questions why I chose this over Hyundai Starex. Simply because the handling. I have driven rental Starex for a week, it’s a huge boat. As a comparative, MPV with XV40 Toyota Camry handling.

- Built in Bluetooth please….I mean, how much is a bluetooth chip??? Anyway, I have found a solution. Google : Roidmi 3s. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and transmit back to FM for the radio… So low tech.. It’s pre-order currently. My unit has yet to arrive, will test and update. DO NOT BUY ROIDMI 2S. IT DOES NOT WORK WITH CARNIVAL!!

- Auto A/C. The colour combination for high spec is not my taste…. That’s why I chose the mid spec.. But mid spec do not have auto A/C!!! Very regrettable..

- The auto door logic is hard to learn.. This is my first auto door car. I find it very troublesome to shift to P before I can electronically open the door (you can still open it manually). No override switch.. And when it refuse to open, it just refuse to open with just a ‘beep’. Kia could have incorporate warning message why the auto door is not opening. For the first 2 weeks, it’s a hide & seek game trying to find out whats wrong.

Is it hard to maneuver? Yes, especially in Multi-storey building. The steering is light and power is sufficient, but you need to be always be very aware of the size and length of the car.

These are what I could think of so far. If you need more feedback, shoot me the questions here. Will answer as much as I know.
Thanks for sharing.
williamc
post Jul 31 2017, 11:13 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(williamc @ Jul 24 2017, 06:57 PM)

What I liked:

An update : I have received my Roidmi 3S [NOT 2S]. It works with the Kia Carnival! And the sound quality is good, been testing during the weekend. You can just leave your radio to the preset frequency and leave it just like that. No hissing sound evne when there's no audio input. It's as good as using 3.5mm audio cable. And the bluetooth auto connects once your phone has been paired. Though, takes a slowish 10-15seconds to auto connect... The Roidmi comes with 2 additional USB port (3.4A max for both). So in total you get 5 USB port in the car!! rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
TSBuydirect
post Aug 3 2017, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

A good link to discover the difference between Kia Grand Carnival and Kia Sorento 2.2 Diesel.

http://kensomuse.com/blog/2017/07/27/kia-g...-people-movers/
Kev138tj
post Aug 8 2017, 10:29 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Jun 8 2017, 06:03 PM)
More photos of the UPGRADED Touch screen head unit with DVD /GPS / Reverse Camera/ Bluetooth.
Get this FREE EXCLUSIVE UPGRADE when you buy your Kia Grand Carnival from now until 30th June 2017 with FREE 3 YEARS SERVICE (or up to 60,000 km) under the K2K Raya Promotion . Terms and conditions apply.
Hi can you send me the price of the HU and the grill as well?
TSBuydirect
post Aug 11 2017, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

Kia Ranks Highest among Brands for Second Consecutive Year

COSTA MESA, Calif.: 21 June 2017 — New-vehicle quality is at its highest level ever, improving a significant 8% from last year, according to the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Initial Quality Study,SM (IQS) released today.

Initial quality in this iconic study is measured by the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100) during the first 90 days of ownership, with a lower score reflecting higher quality. In this year’s study, quality improves across seven of the eight categories measured, with 27 of the 33 brands in the study improving their quality compared with 2016.

“Automotive manufacturers are responding to consumer feedback and producing vehicles of the highest quality,” said Dave Sargent, vice president, global automotive at J.D. Power. “The industry has improved significantly in each of the past three years. Today’s vehicles have more things that could go wrong but fewer things that actually do go wrong.”

Following are some of the study’s key findings:

Technology improving but still problematic: Audio/communication/entertainment/navigation (ACEN) remains the area where new-vehicle owners experience the most problems. However, this category shows the most improvement since 2016 with a score of 22.8 PP100, or 2.7 PP100 better than last year.
Early warning bells for autonomous technology: The only category to worsen this year is features, controls and displays. The largest increases in problems are for cruise control (primarily adaptive cruise); lane departure warning; collision avoidance/alert systems; and blind spot warning. These features comprise some of the building blocks of autonomous vehicles, and an increasing number of consumer-reported problems sounds warning bells for automakers and suppliers. Consumers will need to be convinced that these systems are foolproof before they will give up driving control to autonomous vehicles.
Domestic brands continue to show improvement: The “Detroit Three” outperform import brands for the second year in a row but for only the third time since the study was first published in 1987. In 2017, domestic brands receive a score of 93 PP100 compared with 99 PP100 for import brands. Last year, domestic brands also had fewer problems (103 PP100) compared with import brands (106 PP100).
“The Initial Quality Study continues to demonstrate the critical importance of automakers responding to consumer feedback regarding vehicle quality,” Sargent said. “Any automaker that stands still will quickly start to fall behind. For consumers, the great news is that significant improvements are occurring in all model segments, meaning that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get a quality vehicle.”

Highest-Ranked Brands

Kia ranks highest in overall initial quality for a second consecutive year with a score of 72 PP100.

Genesis (77 PP100) ranks second overall followed by Porsche (78 PP100). Ford and Ram (86 PP100) tie for fourth.

MINI is the most improved brand, with owners reporting 33 PP100 fewer problems than in 2016. Other brands with strong improvement include Ram (28 PP100 improvement), Acura (19), Volvo (18) and Ford (16).

Segment-Leading Models

The parent company receiving the most model-level awards for its various brands is Hyundai Motor Co. (five model-level awards), followed by General Motorsand BMW, each with four.

Hyundai Motor Co. models that rank highest in their respective segments are the Kia Cadenza; Kia Forte; Kia Niro; Kia Sorento; and Kia Soul.
General Motors models that rank highest in their segments are the Chevrolet Silverado; Chevrolet Silverado HD; Chevrolet Sonic; and GMC Terrain.
BMW models that rank highest in their segments are the BMW 2 Series; BMW 4 Series; BMW X6; and MINI Cooper.
Other models that rank highest in their respective segments are the Chrysler Pacifica; Ford Expedition; Ford Mustang; Infiniti QX80; Lexus GS; Mercedes-Benz GLA; Nissan Frontier; Porsche 911; Porsche Macan; and Toyota Camry.

Plant Quality Awards

Toyota Motor Corp.’s Kyushu 2 plant (Japan), which produces the Lexus ES and Lexus RX, receives the Platinum Plant Quality Award for producing models with the fewest defects or malfunctions. Plant quality awards are based solely on defects and malfunctions and exclude design-related problems. General Motors’ Fort Wayne (Ind.) plant, which produces the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, receives the Gold Plant Quality Award for the Americas region, while Porsche’s Leipzig plant, which produces the Porsche Cayenne and Macan, receives the Gold Plant Quality Award for the Europe/Africa region.

Historical Notes

In 1987, when the IQS was first published, Mercedes-Benz ranked highest as a nameplate while the Toyota Cressida was the highest-ranked model.
Domestic brands have scored better than imports in only three years (2010, 2016 and 2017).
Mass market brands have scored better than premium brands in only three years (2006, 2016 and 2017).
There have been four generations of the study (IQS1: 1987-1997; IQS2: 1998-2005; IQS3: 2006-2012; IQS4: 2013-present). The industry has shown significant improvement in each iteration, with the best IQS scores occurring in the most recent year for each generation.
The U.S. Initial Quality Study is based on responses from nearly 80,000 purchasers and lessees of new 2017 model-year vehicles who were surveyed after 90 days of ownership. The study is based on a 233-question battery organized into eight problem categories designed to provide manufacturers with information to facilitate the identification of problems and drive product improvement. The study was fielded from February through May 2017.

Find detailed information on vehicle quality, as well as model photos and specs, at jdpower.com/quality

For more information about the 2017 U.S. Initial Quality Study, visit http://www.jdpower.com/resource/us-initial-quality-study-iqs

J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. These capabilities enable J.D. Power to help its clients drive customer satisfaction, growth and profitability. Established in 1968, J.D. Power is headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., and has offices serving North/South America, Asia Pacific and Europe. J.D. Power is a portfolio company of XIO Group, a global alternative investments firm headquartered in London, and is led by its four founders: Athene Li, Joseph Pacini, Murphy Qiao and Carsten Geyer.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
ejenmulder
post Aug 11 2017, 03:31 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Jun 8 2017, 06:03 PM)
Looks like this upgraded HU got bluetooth. Anyway we can upgrade the steering control for bluetooth phone calls, songs control etc. as well?
TSBuydirect
post Aug 11 2017, 03:41 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(ejenmulder @ Aug 11 2017, 03:31 PM)
Looks like this upgraded HU got bluetooth.  Anyway we can upgrade the steering control for bluetooth phone calls, songs control etc. as well?
Yes, there is bluetooth, but there is no bluetooth control on the steering (like accepting or ending a call). Thanks
TSBuydirect
post Aug 19 2017, 07:01 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

Sharing some photos on the Kia Carnival LS version with retail price at 153,888 below.
Those considering getting an MPV below 150K for tax exemption, this is a very suitable model.

This post has been edited by Buydirect: Aug 20 2017, 04:53 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

23 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:48 AM