Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Technical Xbox 360 cannot ON, Only "ting" once and then off

views

TSanevilx
post Nov 4 2016, 08:01 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
190 posts

Dear experts

My XBox360 cannot on. When switched on using either power button or via controller, it just blink once with "ting" sound and then power off again.

It happened every time and i really don't have any idea why.

Kindly help
Baconateer
post Nov 4 2016, 08:18 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

the infamous red rings of death?
TSanevilx
post Nov 4 2016, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(Baconateer @ Nov 4 2016, 08:18 PM)
the infamous red rings of death?
Not sure but the blinking light is green sir
tripleB
post Nov 5 2016, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

It's possible you have a faulty power brick. Is your console the old fat 360 or the slim ones? I'm not familiar with the 360 slim consoles, so I'm not sure if it's the same. Take a look at the power brick light when you turn it on. Does the light go from amber (off) to green (on) and amber again? I had an issue with my power brick, which I confirmed when I brought my console to a shop and tested with another power brick. The TS in the thread below had a power brick issue, similar to the one I was also facing.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3620757&hl=
TSanevilx
post Nov 6 2016, 06:46 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 5 2016, 10:46 PM)
It's possible you have a faulty power brick. Is your console the old fat 360 or the slim ones? I'm not familiar with the 360 slim consoles, so I'm not sure if it's the same. Take a look at the power brick light when you turn it on. Does the light go from amber (off) to green (on) and amber again? I had an issue with my power brick, which I confirmed when I brought my console to a shop and tested with another power brick. The TS in the thread below had a power brick issue, similar to the one I was also facing.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3620757&hl=
My console is slim one. The light on the power brick is solid orange , never changed to another Color. Yup, maybe I should try with another power brick. Or else i might need to spend some more money to repair it..

Thx sir

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 AM