Samsung Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge OFFICIAL DISCUSSION V9, Nougat Incoming

views

skylinelover
post Dec 13 2016, 09:42 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(yvliew @ Dec 13 2016, 01:07 PM)
I just called samsung service center to ask what are the price for screen replacement.. RM1187..  wow.. anyone change in SC before? Really cost that much??
get replacement unit all the way laugh.gif rclxms.gif
sahed
post Dec 14 2016, 06:06 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(jack2001 @ Dec 11 2016, 11:34 PM)
One of the best battery life in a while... was using my phone normally without any extreme measures.
Battery bertahan untuk 6 jam sahaja?
IMfae_
post Dec 14 2016, 07:57 AM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(sahed @ Dec 14 2016, 06:06 AM)
Battery bertahan untuk 6 jam sahaja?
6 jam tu Screen On Time. Battery dlm belas2 jam mcm tu.
-cmi-
post Dec 14 2016, 09:28 AM

On my way
664 posts

Just realized these hp didn't support MHL adapter which to connect from HDMI cable to Micro USB.
I wanna use it for my new car HU by using App Radio which can be activated thru HDMI cable in manual. Any other way to enabling the feature?
desreg2913
post Dec 14 2016, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(yvliew @ Dec 10 2016, 12:03 AM)
a reason to spend more
LOL

QUOTE(yesgoodbaby @ Dec 10 2016, 12:03 AM)
Everyone loves new thing bro
Agreed with you, i love new things too. But i don't feel too excited as i dun have so much to spend LOL

QUOTE(kcng999 @ Dec 10 2016, 12:31 PM)
Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will jump straight to Android 7.1 Nougat
09 DECEMBER 2016
Samsung’s Galaxy Beta Program currently allows members to test Android 7.0 on their Galaxy S7 and S7 edge phones, but it seems that this is stage one - the final release of Nougat for the S7 flagships will actually be 7.1.

Android 7.0 was the initial release of Nougat, seen on the LG V20 and Nexus devices, but Google’s own pixels launched with an improved version, v7.1.
It’s a relatively minor improvement, but it adds some vital functionality, including improved touch performance and Daydream VR support. That’s no guarantee that Gear VR will gain Daydream support, but Samsung, Google and others did form the Global VR Association.

Source
This is what i really excited about!

anwa
post Dec 14 2016, 02:48 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Tried Samsung Pay for the first time just now. The credit card terminal recognised it but still ask for cvv. That's weird, meaning we have to carry the physical card? Defeats the purpose isn't?
xisan
post Dec 14 2016, 03:19 PM

≥< • BOXKEEPERS • ≥<
5,261 posts

QUOTE(anwa @ Dec 14 2016, 02:48 PM)
Tried Samsung Pay for the first time just now. The credit card terminal recognised it but still ask for cvv. That's weird, meaning we have to carry the physical card? Defeats the purpose isn't?
Can't you just key-in the cvv there?
SUSkcng999
post Dec 14 2016, 03:51 PM

Casual
455 posts

Galaxy Note7's Y-OCTA display headed to the Galaxy S8
13 DECEMBER 2016

Samsung is reportedly bringing the Y-OCTA display tech, first seen on the Galaxy Note7, to the upcoming Galaxy S8 flagship. Even better, Samsung may end up using the exact same display on the S8.

The Galaxy S8 has been subjected to some wild speculations over the past few months. The interest towards the upcoming flagship is huge post the Note7 global recall. Recently we heard the S8 may end up using an RGB AMOLED screen, an arrangement the company last used in the Galaxy S II. It was unclear if it will be put on the 5.7" or the 6.2" flavors of the S8, or both.

Today, a source is claiming Samsung may end up using the same 5.7" Super AMOLED panels with Quad HD resolution and Y-OCTA technology that were put on the retired Note7 phablet.

The Y-OCTA is a new manufacturing process that allows Samsung to cut display costs and thickness by embedding the touch sensors within the screen panel itself, instead of putting a touch layer between the panel and the protective glass. This way Samsung isn't relying on another manufacturer to make the touch layer and the final display is thinner and produced entirely by Samsung.

So, if this is true, the smaller Galaxy S8 may have the same awesome display as the Note7. On the other hand, this doesn't exclude the rumor about the full RGB AMOLED panel, as it may end up the key feature on the bigger and bezel-less 6.2" Galaxy S8 version.

Samsung will be unpacking the Galaxy S8 at the MWC in Barcelona in just three months, so we won’t have to wait that long to get all the answers.

Source • Via
ionStorm
post Dec 14 2016, 04:04 PM

*nyan*
Group Icon
Elite
3,323 posts

I think it doesn't work as expected with some card terminals. It is still in beta so I guess it's forgivable?
yvliew
post Dec 14 2016, 04:26 PM

Listening to IU - Strawberry Moon
3,517 posts

I key in the 4 digit digital number for CVV. It works. Called Samsung to ask about the CVV... they also mentioned to key in the digital number.
IMfae_
post Dec 14 2016, 08:40 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

When asked, i just skip. No cvv inserted. And payment went through.

anwa
post Dec 14 2016, 10:16 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(yvliew @ Dec 14 2016, 04:26 PM)
I key in the 4 digit digital number for CVV. It works. Called Samsung to ask about the CVV... they also mentioned to key in the digital number.
I tried that and it didn't work, so I entered the physical card cvv only it works.

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Dec 14 2016, 08:40 PM)
When asked, i just skip. No cvv inserted. And payment went through.
However, in another shop, the physical card cvv didn't work, neither did the digital 4 digit (the machine only allow 3 digit). Then I tried just pressing enter without cvv, also didn't work. Error.

So far tried 3 shops today, only one worked, and that with entering physical cvv.

Disappointed to say the least, but I guess still in beta. Hopefully work flawlessly in the future. Really cool to use phone to pay.
IMfae_
post Dec 15 2016, 05:34 AM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(anwa @ Dec 14 2016, 10:16 PM)
I tried that and it didn't work, so I entered the physical card cvv only it works.
However, in another shop, the physical card cvv didn't work, neither did the digital 4 digit (the machine only allow 3 digit). Then I tried just pressing enter without cvv, also didn't work. Error.

So far tried 3 shops today, only one worked, and that with entering physical cvv.

Disappointed to say the least, but I guess still in beta. Hopefully work flawlessly in the future. Really cool to use phone to pay.
Yeah, they need this feedback. Hv u report about this to Samsung Pay? Would be good input for them!
brownbeav
post Dec 15 2016, 06:45 AM

26 posts

Hello, does anyone here using x-one screen protector? Good or not?
TSIntel Core i7
post Dec 15 2016, 07:56 AM

Thunder Buddies
570 posts

Please continue at new thread
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4147930

52 Pages « < 50 51 52Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:34 PM