Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How can I know if a certain shop is trusted?

views

TSa.ahmed98
post Oct 29 2016, 10:26 PM, updated 8y ago

0 posts

Hey everyone, I am a foreigner here in malaysia and I heard about lowyat mall and I wanted to buy a new laptop and I will get into the details soon

My friends told me that there is a high chance I will get cheated if I buy from lowyat because 1) lowyat is known for such stuff and second hand products (seller sells as new) and 2) I look foreigner

I want to buy a Asus ROG gl752vw with the following specs
CPU: I7 6700 HQ
GPU: GTX 960M 4gb
RAM: 16gb
SSD: 128gb
HDD: 1tb
17 inch

I know that the standard specs are 4gb ram and no ssd but I will upgrade to the specs mentioned above.

I have checked a few stores in lowyat and 1 store (small store that looks like a booth of some sort) and had the Name Asus on it and the store caught my attention because they had stock and they seemed legit and also there is 1 store that sells asus products somewhere in lowyat (I think next to KFC or something) and the brightstar company told me they have no stock and they dont know when they will get new stock and I need this laptop by next week urgently

I'm sorry if my post is too long but i'm scared of paying 5k for a new laptop then later I figure out it is a second hand

To keep the post short: I want to buy a new asus laptop from lowyat mall but I want guarantees that I will buy from a authorized reseller and no second hand at all

Thanks in advance
shirogawawa
post Nov 3 2016, 06:22 PM

Laptop enthusiast
2,383 posts

Asus ROG gl752vw ,if local asus set default spec got ssd ??
ktek
post Nov 5 2016, 12:12 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

bright star shop is trusted.
buy in rush is no good. probably kena scam easily.
if urgent use why not settle for cheap one, then sell away to buy your dream asus after arrive. u got 5k budget rite

This post has been edited by ktek: Nov 5 2016, 12:14 PM
Informationiac
post Nov 5 2016, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

don't buy from those shop who charge extra for credit card fees.

Last time I bought a laptop market price was RM 2800, they said they have already discounted and will give me free gift. when I pay by card, they say credit card will charge extra 2-3%. ended up buying more expensive than harvey norman and All IT store.

this was in Digital mall.

This post has been edited by Informationiac: Nov 5 2016, 12:16 PM
badai
post Nov 9 2016, 05:19 PM

Enthusiast
986 posts

off topic: don't buy asus laptop. warranty/after sales services are non existence.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:30 AM