Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Entry-Mid Range Windows Tinting, Besides V-Kool

views

TScre8tif
post Feb 6 2007, 01:23 AM, updated 18y ago

WoW
1,619 posts

hello bradders and sistas

this has become a fairly common topic for some ppl whom are being literally being baked alive in the hot afternoon soon in Tropical / Equator

My question is :-

1. for the not-so-high-end tinting with at least 70% infra-red/heat rejection.
2. at least 5 years warranty against buih/buih/bubbles.
3. price between RM300-RM500+
4. good workmanship/installation in KL/PJ/Klang valley.
5. JPJ front screen 70% light transmission and 50% transmission for side/read mirror.

what are my options available ?

1. Air Cool ? some forumers complaint the Bandar Puchong along same road with P2 shop offers LOUSY workmansip.
2. Solar Gard ? *feels* good anyone ?
3. RikeCool ?
4. Green Cool ?
5. any other brand ???

This post has been edited by cre8tif: Feb 6 2007, 01:28 AM
stevenlee
post Feb 6 2007, 01:29 AM

look @ my Star *o* ...hoho
3,093 posts

i tint my car with us kool wor..how come none of it in your choice.... seem to be bad choice i have selected for my car sad.gif
TScre8tif
post Feb 6 2007, 01:38 AM

WoW
1,619 posts

bumpy bumpo

Added on February 9, 2007, 10:29 pmbumpy bumpy

This post has been edited by cre8tif: Feb 9 2007, 10:29 PM
Naota-kun
post Feb 23 2007, 02:23 PM

All the stars below are lights in the heavens.
1,345 posts

i asked about Aircool tinting for my kenari earlier. 88% heat reduction costs RM550. kinda pricey. i'm surveying for other brands and prices too.

is CoolWorld tinting good and reliable?
adri4n
post Feb 23 2007, 02:57 PM

Running in Circles... Going No Where
1,846 posts

QUOTE(stevenlee @ Feb 6 2007, 01:29 AM)
i tint my car with us kool wor..how come none of it in your choice.... seem to be bad choice i have selected for my car sad.gif
its under CAP AYAM tongue.gif
Kclee2002
post Feb 23 2007, 03:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,134 posts

Air Cool & Rike Cool seem to be the more popular choice

my mom's car is using air cool, i think its not too bad
cky6667
post Feb 23 2007, 06:21 PM

^^^seremban boy^^^
998 posts

if u chose JPJ approve d,all the same...ayambrand also same...there have 2 type,one is USA d,1 is korea...if korea d,cheaper....2 year no effect ady...my car using powercool(ayambrand)...cheap....nice...no feel hot when driving....but when roadblock,run small road....hahahhahaaa
tishaban
post Feb 23 2007, 06:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

I'm using the high-end Rike Cool (my other car uses V-Kool). It's nice, works as well as V-Kool I think. Not cheap though, RM1400 for a small compact car...

I did try the cheap tinting from Tint Shoppe before, RM350, 5-year warranty, can't recall how much heat rejection but 60-70%. Definitely not worth it in my opinion, it's only slightly better than untinted, but far less effective than V-Kool/Rike Cool...

asmly14
post Feb 23 2007, 08:07 PM

Casual
335 posts

My advice, those metallic tint will only perform for a very short period of time. The performance will be degraded after few months (IE: the heat rejection will be reduced).

I heard the Nano tech tint like VKool have life time warranty and if you break your glass, they will replace it free for you but u need to pay workmanship. But it will cost easily RM1.6k to RM2k
Nano tech tint will not degrade in performance over time but i think it's worth the investment if you plan to keep the car for some time.
^666^
post Feb 24 2007, 02:41 AM

^Lamb Of God^
1,491 posts

i just use aircool, rm900 88% all round. nice though but not dark enuff.
i like the titanium color but illegal.

i think aircool its a good buy.
hihihehe
post Feb 24 2007, 03:00 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,451 posts

my family all use a air cool tinting...

btw i just back from s.korea n found out tht windows tinting at thr is legal.all car can put super black windows tint without any worry...but here is illegal
TScre8tif
post Feb 25 2007, 01:51 AM

WoW
1,619 posts

ok ... so far i've installed air cool 88% IR rejection for my kelisa and the 80% IR rejection from green cool on a kenari

I guess i can create a wiki later on this subject :-

1. Standard warranty on 5 years usually afforded for most commerical tints above RM300 and up. Covers bubble-trap and workmanship as well as film-degradtion problem.

2. No use tinting 2 layers of film.
a. It won't be more effective compare to saving all that money since you can buy an expensive film one time as oppose to buying twice.
b. Layer after layer, your VLT will drop further courting summons' disaster
c. Most shops will charge you RM50 - RM150 to remove and scrap away old films.
d. Removing the old films is not the problem but the problem is the demister at the rear window. Accdientally tear it off and pay RM300-1000 for the demister replacement depending on make of car.

3. What you pay is what you get. There IR rejection rate might almost be the same between the different film grades of those Korean/japan/US imports but the most important part is the color/hue that you get from the film as well as glare reduction as a result of the reflection.

You can pay Rm450 for Green Cool but probably the package deal is green hue with 70% VLT and 80% IR.

I paid RM RM800 for the Aircool 88/90% for both front and side/rear series and it has a greyish/dark hue which is much nicer when it cuts out the glare.

4. Allow two days of unwind windows for the tint to stick with the chemical/adhesive. Do not wipe the inside for at least 2 weeks and try to park under the hot sun for at least 2-3 days to let the film stick properly. The demister to be untouched for at least 2 weeks.

5. Water marks will go away but not air bubbles or poor workmanship.

6. Go for proper air-con room installation so that it will keep away dust from entering the film installation process.

7. WARRANTY card is a must since this is the only way to claim and to transfer to new car owner when you sell away the car.

8. As oppose to take the same film grade for all windows with 70% VLT all round; if you have the budget try to spent an additional RM200-400 for a slightly darker rear/side film with 55% vlt and 85-90% IR rejection rate for both wind-screen and side/rear glass. This is especially if you are a frequent vehicle user for at least 2-3 hours a day in the morning/afternoon.

9. Most tints should be able to cut out 99% of UV which is a source of danger for skin-sun burn/eye-cataract problem in the long-run.

10. The benefits of the IR rejection can also be felt from parking in an underground car park. it is not as hot as previously untinted because the heat from nearby cars/pipelines will also be deflected by the tint.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0388sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:55 PM