Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bodybuilding Weight Loss and Body Building

views

TSNothinUnusual
post Nov 1 2016, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Nov 1 2016, 10:40 AM)
Wrong.
Care to enlighten why is it wrong?
lingleeyen
post Nov 1 2016, 10:45 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(NothinUnusual @ Oct 31 2016, 01:13 PM)
I plan to reduce calorie intake by reducing the portion of food during lunch. Cause I don't eat much on breakfast and dinner, so I usually eat more than normal portion for lunch (example large nasi campur, add mee kuey teow soup and etc.) So instead of adding mee or large nasi campur, I am going to reduce it to normal size portion.

The reason I do not want to start weight training now cause I try to avoid to have bulky muscles like Hulk. I prefer to just tone my fats to muscles only. Maybe this is a misconception on my side. Do share more on this laugh.gif
On italic part: You wont know how much to reduce or how much to add if you do not quantify what you eat. I can eat KFC everyday and I loose fats but you gain fats by eating vege everyday.

On the bold part: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Let me do it again. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA. You can only dream of becoming hulk when you say you want to tone your fats to muscles. Don't worry. If you have that kind of mentality and knowledge, it will be 99% that you won't be able to tone anything at all.
TSNothinUnusual
post Nov 1 2016, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Nov 1 2016, 10:45 AM)
On italic part: You wont know how much to reduce or how much to add if you do not quantify what you eat. I can eat KFC everyday and I loose fats but you gain fats by eating vege everyday.

On the bold part: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Let me do it again. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA. You can only dream of becoming hulk when you say you want to tone your fats to muscles. Don't worry. If you have that kind of mentality and knowledge, it will be 99% that you won't be able to tone anything at all.
On the food part, not sure how to quantify what I eat but generally it should one of the few listed below:

Breakfast:
Green tea and Jacob Weetameal cracker

Lunch:
Mee soup
Nasi Campur - 1 meat and 2 sayur
Wan Tan Mee
Jawa Mee
Occasionally nasi goreng, nasi goreng paprik

Dinner:
1 or 2 apples or oranges

On the second part, I guess I do not have much knowledge on muscle/body building sweat.gif

This post has been edited by NothinUnusual: Nov 1 2016, 10:54 AM
lingleeyen
post Nov 1 2016, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(NothinUnusual @ Nov 1 2016, 10:42 AM)
Care to enlighten why is it wrong?
Fat loss has a pretty easy formula, but a slightly more complex execution. We are purely talking about fat loss here.

Fat loss formula: Calorie in< calorie out

You eat less calorie than you use a day, you loose fats.

Regardless of whatever activity you do, your body will not be able to differentiate. Body only expends energy to meet your activity level.

Ie, regardless if you run or lift weights, you use energy/ calorie. So if you lift weight and burn 300kcal vs run and burn 300kcal, your body will not tell you hey, you have adapted to the running, I won't let you loose, but now you lift weight, it is something new, let me reward you for your new effort. However, it is true that if you have more shortage of oxygen in your cells after your exercise, it is more likely that your metabolisme will go shooting up for a longer period of time. Hence the choice of exercise can affect the fat loss. You run and you burn total 300kcal in a whole day vs you lift and you burn 300kcal in a whole day, it will not affect anything at all on your fat loss.

What happened to TS is most probably:-

1) Under report what he eats (well, he doesn't even know how much he is eating to loose weight)
2) Body got used to whatever he is doing on exercise and became efficient, hence body adjusted the calorie expansion level.
3) He eats too less and metabolisme crashed? Which I don't think it is the case
TSNothinUnusual
post Nov 1 2016, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Nov 1 2016, 10:59 AM)
Fat loss has a pretty easy formula, but a slightly more complex execution. We are purely talking about fat loss here.

Fat loss formula: Calorie in< calorie out

You eat less calorie than you use a day, you loose fats.

Regardless of whatever activity you do, your body will not be able to differentiate. Body only expends energy to meet your activity level.

Ie, regardless if you run or lift weights, you use energy/ calorie. So if you lift weight and burn 300kcal vs run and burn 300kcal, your body will not tell you hey, you have adapted to the running, I won't let you loose, but now you lift weight, it is something new, let me reward you for your new effort. However, it is true that if you have more shortage of oxygen in your cells after your exercise, it is more likely that your metabolisme will go shooting up for a longer period of time. Hence the choice of exercise can affect the fat loss. You run and you burn total 300kcal in a whole day vs you lift and you burn 300kcal in a whole day, it will not affect anything at all on your fat loss.

What happened to TS is most probably:-

1) Under report what he eats (well, he doesn't even know how much he is eating to loose weight)
2) Body got used to whatever he is doing on exercise and became efficient, hence body adjusted the calorie expansion level.
3) He eats too less and metabolisme crashed? Which I don't think it is the case
1. Hmm, perhaps someone could help to roughly estimate my calorie intake based on the eating pattern I posted above? You could use "Large" as the portion size to see what is max calorie I would consume daily. Basically what I eat every day falls to the same pattern.
2. Could be the case, maybe I need a change of routine to give the body a jolt. I am now adding HIIT exercise to my routine.
3. No idea...

This post has been edited by NothinUnusual: Nov 1 2016, 11:04 AM
lingleeyen
post Nov 1 2016, 11:13 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(NothinUnusual @ Nov 1 2016, 11:01 AM)
1. Hmm, perhaps someone could help to roughly estimate my calorie intake based on the eating pattern I posted above? You could use "Large" as the portion size to see what is max calorie I would consume daily. Basically what I eat every day falls to the same pattern.
2. Could be the case, maybe I need a change of routine to give the body a jolt. I am now adding HIIT exercise to my routine.
3. No idea...
It is almost like praying before I eat. I look at the food and I see caloric numbers coming out from the food. Your description is not thorough. Your meat can be steam chicken or fried chicken. And they have bid difference in calorie.

Changing on exercise is good, up the intensity, train till you vomit.

I don't think you have crashed metabolisme. Most probably is because you eat too much or do too less.
TSNothinUnusual
post Nov 1 2016, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Nov 1 2016, 11:13 AM)
It is almost like praying before I eat. I look at the food and I see caloric numbers coming out from the food. Your description is not thorough. Your meat can be steam chicken or fried chicken. And they have bid difference in calorie.

Changing on exercise is good, up the intensity, train till you vomit.

I don't think you have crashed metabolisme. Most probably is because you eat too much or do too less.
Okay, I will increase the intensity of my work out and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
bafukie
post Nov 1 2016, 11:34 AM

Regular
1,406 posts

edited

This post has been edited by bafukie: Nov 1 2016, 11:37 AM
dave82
post Nov 13 2016, 06:55 AM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(NothinUnusual @ Oct 28 2016, 08:37 AM)
Hi all, I currently am thinking whether I should continue to lose more weight before going to gym for body building or I should go to gym now.

Previously I was about 117kg. I lost about 22 kg and now about 95kg. Lately I noticed that it's hard to lose more weight than before. Normally in the morning I had milo and oat or just 4-5 biscuits for breakfast. Lunch time I eat as normal, nasi campur with 3-4 dishes or mee soup. I skip dinner most of the day.

I exercise 5-6 days a week. Jogging 6km or badminton or swim for 10 laps. I continue the same cycle for about 3-4 months and I lost about 22kg.

I still have 10 more kg to go before I reach my ideal BMI which is 85 kg (I was about 185cm). So now should I increase me weight loss plan by further reduce the food intake and exercise more or should I proceed to body building in gym and at the same time lost some weight, gain some muscles.
Firstly congratulations.
Secondly, there are a lot of misconceptions and confusions by some members who are advising you here. Let me clear things out for you, based on research and not broscience.

1. You became fat in the first place because you ate more than you should ie more calories in rather than more calories out. So you became fat. The only way for sure to lose fat is by reducing your caloric intake.
2. Your currently caloric intake (1000) seem very low esp noting that you are a male and quite tall and while initially it may have helped in fat loss, over time it cause metabolism shut down. That is why you are not losing fat with your current regime, as the body thinks that you are in a starvation mode and wants to preserve the fat. Worst thing is that the body may turn to muscle for fuel instead as the body preferentially prefers to keep fat for evolutionary reason. One of the reason it is easier to get fat rather that get muscle. Research has shown that less calorie diets takes off the fat around the stomach.
3. With regards to point 2, now you need to find your BMR and TDEE (do your homework) and work a caloric deficit percentage. You need to know your daily calories and macros percentage and amount.
4. Breakfast is NOT the most important meal of the day, this was a fallacy propagated by the billion dollar breakfast food industry. Research has shown that what you eat in the course of a day matters.
5 You should add in some resistance training ie body building in your regime to expedite weight loss but remember, calories in calories out principle

paktam
post Dec 9 2016, 12:11 PM

Casual
451 posts

QUOTE(NothinUnusual @ Oct 28 2016, 09:37 AM)
Hi all, I currently am thinking whether I should continue to lose more weight before going to gym for body building or I should go to gym now.

Previously I was about 117kg. I lost about 22 kg and now about 95kg. Lately I noticed that it's hard to lose more weight than before. Normally in the morning I had milo and oat or just 4-5 biscuits for breakfast. Lunch time I eat as normal, nasi campur with 3-4 dishes or mee soup. I skip dinner most of the day.

I exercise 5-6 days a week. Jogging 6km or badminton or swim for 10 laps. I continue the same cycle for about 3-4 months and I lost about 22kg.

I still have 10 more kg to go before I reach my ideal BMI which is 85 kg (I was about 185cm). So now should I increase me weight loss plan by further reduce the food intake and exercise more or should I proceed to body building in gym and at the same time lost some weight, gain some muscles.
Incorporate more cardio in you routine. 4 to 5 times per week on empty stomach for 30-60 minutes.
Instead of jogging, try to do interval training once a week. Sprint for 1 minutes, jogging or walking for 1 minutes, repeat from 6 to 8 times.
Some people may argue on this, but it works well for me. It seems like you have hitted your plateau.

Once you achieve your targeted weight, cut some cardio and do interval training once a week for maintenance.
You may start you weight training after that. Your weight lost could be from fat loss and muscle loss.
Just do weight training to maintain and increase your muscle mass.

bruce.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:36 AM