Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to downgrade Win 8.1 Pro to Win 7 Pro, I want to upgrade Win 8.1 Pro to Win 7

views

TSfazzeybigdata
post Oct 27 2016, 11:45 AM, updated 8y ago

1 posts

Hello anybody,
I found Downgrade rights for Windows software that we can downgrade windows 8.1 pro can be downgrade to windows 7 pro, but I dont know how to.Attached Image
dcheah
post Oct 30 2016, 12:03 AM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(fazzeybigdata @ Oct 27 2016, 11:45 AM)
Hello anybody,
I found Downgrade rights for Windows software that we can downgrade windows 8.1 pro can be downgrade to windows 7 pro, but I dont know how to.Attached Image
There is no way that you can downgrade without loosing your data unless you previously upgraded Win7 to Win8.1 then you can rollback the installations.

I'm assuming that your computer comes bundled with Win8.1 Pro directly and you wanted to downgrade to Win7 Pro (due to whatever your reason is). You will need to prepare the following :-

1. Ensure you have backup all your data.
2. Ensure that you have downloaded all the required drivers from your manufacturer & copy it to external storage.
3. You must have the correct Win7 Pro edition CD media.
4. You have the Win7 Pro CD-Key ready.
5. Reformat & install Win7 Pro.
6. Install the rest of the software (eg. Drivers, Office, Anti-Virus etc.)

* New computer will no longer have the OEM stickers, its embedded into UEFI. If so after installation complete it will automatically grab the CD-Key from UEFI & auto activate the license for you.

Also please take note OEM license does not grant you the downgrade rights unless specifically stated (usually corporate bulk purchases), only Retail, Full or Enterprise licensing allows such downgrade rights. Please read the EULA carefully.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:31 PM