Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Branded Concept at IPC/The Curve please be wary!

views

TSPitachu099
post Oct 19 2016, 11:11 PM, updated 8y ago

0 posts

Attached Image

Attached Image

Hello, please be wary of Branded Concept ya. They are holding a "warehouse sales" at IPC Shopping Mall opposite of Cold Storage. They claim their goods to be 100% authentic (it is written on their flyer), however, I have big doubts.

I bought a Hackett T-Shirt for my dad but later compared it with my dad's genuine Hackett Shirt (bought from KLCC). The applique/patchwork was bad quality compared to the genuine one with threads coming off. I did not take any pictures of the shirt as I quickly went to return the shirt after I felt something was amiss. I am glad they refunded my money, lol. I paid RM350 for the shirt. (It is selling at retail for RM850). Again, it is true that if it is too good to be true, it probably is. It is my own fault that I rushed into buying the item before thinking clearly rclxub.gif

What I do not agree is they insist their products are 100% authentic but the product is different from original. I brought my own (brother's) Givenchy shirt to compare and sure enough it was different.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The givenchy stars are smaller in the picture from Branded Concept, and the angles are not as sharp. You can see from the photos of the ori vs authentic. The original one is second pic of black and white shirt without branded concept watermark. The stars are bigger and sharper and if you have an authentic Givenchy shirt it would look like the second pic, not the one from branded concept (unfortunately).

I also checked the sizing label (can't really see from picture but real life). Indeed, they are very alike. However, the branded concept one has a very running stitch along the "GIVENCHY" while the authentic one is held by a horizontal stitch beside "GIVENCHY". Next, the care label. The authentic one had double printed instructions while the fake one only had one side printed. If you want to check, bring your authentic shirt and compare it with them! You have to really look for the details and feel the fabric as well.

What I do not agree is their practise of misleading consumers. I asked them if it was authentic before purchasing and the salesperson assured me they were. I asked them where they sourced their products and they gave some vague answers "imported from overseas". Somewhat like Underline from Kota Damansara I guess. (Which is now closed down I heard?)

Again, I know it is my own fault for purchasing the item before thinking clearly. I am glad they refunded my money! But I just want to warn others to be wary because they say their products is 100% authentic but not 100% like original... If you do want to purchase, I would suggest you to bring your own authentic products and compare. If you don't mind it might be replica for a lower price, then by all means go ahead!

What I do not agree is just how they claim their products are 100% authentic but the pictures proof otherwise! Even if they say it is from outlet, I do not think the stars on the Givenchy shirt would differ that much?! The prices are like RM900 and RM600 for shirt (Branded Concept), which is not a small amount for a product that looks different from original confused.gif

This post has been edited by Pitachu099: Oct 19 2016, 11:45 PM
lenne
post Oct 19 2016, 11:13 PM

16 posts

Need flizzardo here
kahyeec
post Oct 19 2016, 11:17 PM

Regular
1,149 posts

Haha, never trust these so call "branded" sale tours that come along every few months at the lobby of some malls .
If have the money to buy real go to their boutique and buy, if want to buy copy then maybe Aliexpress can be way cheaper.
TSPitachu099
post Oct 19 2016, 11:21 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Oct 19 2016, 11:17 PM)
Haha, never trust these so call "branded" sale tours that come along every few months at the lobby of some malls .
If have the money to buy real go to their boutique and buy, if want to buy copy then maybe Aliexpress can be way cheaper.
Agreed! Learnt my lesson and glad they even gave me refund lol. Can't guarantee even if they list "100% authentic".
herojack41
post Oct 19 2016, 11:24 PM

Master Of Trouble Maker
5,697 posts

QUOTE(lenne @ Oct 19 2016, 11:13 PM)
Need flizzardo here
ar188 will do too

laugh.gif
TSPitachu099
post Oct 19 2016, 11:24 PM

0 posts

Who is flizzardo? Additional opinions are welcomed! And feel free to check out for yourself at IPC Shopping Mall (opposite Cold Storage). Bring your own ori shirt lol. They have CK, EA, AX, Versace, Kenzo, Fred Perry etc. They say it is authentic but I think better trust comparison with ori products bought directly from store. I just really do not agree they say it is authentic to all customers but the product lari leh.

If you say the product is replica or AA grade and consumers buy the product knowing it is not original then I wouldn't bother making this post. But this is like.. product and what they say does not match up. I just hope other people don't get conned (if their product is not real)!

This post has been edited by Pitachu099: Oct 19 2016, 11:25 PM
Mr. Najib Razak
post Oct 19 2016, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

tldr
ar188
post Oct 19 2016, 11:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,188 posts

QUOTE(herojack41 @ Oct 19 2016, 11:24 PM)
ar188 will do too

laugh.gif
lol didnt buy all these shirts.. fliz will be more familar. biggrin.gif
TSPitachu099
post Oct 19 2016, 11:41 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(cadburypicnic @ Oct 19 2016, 11:28 PM)
thanks for sharing.
thanks for reading!
pandah
post Oct 19 2016, 11:47 PM

On my way
668 posts

850 for a shirt?

bijan bangga ekonomi maju
ed0gawa
post Oct 20 2016, 12:04 AM

coconut
4,397 posts

When something is too cheap, it is too good to be true.
All those blardi fair claims, old stock, reject stock, close down sales or certain oversea outlet bla bla bla....

Want wear branded then go original boutique and buy or fly oversea.

Can't afford above 2 option?
There is many other brand that you can afford, buy those. Don't burn your pocket trying to look rich...

This post has been edited by ed0gawa: Oct 20 2016, 12:06 AM
yandebunena
post Oct 20 2016, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
168 posts

lel
cedyy
post Oct 20 2016, 12:16 AM

Regular
1,351 posts

can complain to KPDNKK if you suspect the items are fake
SUSadvocado
post Oct 20 2016, 12:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Oct 19 2016, 11:17 PM)
i've been to alot of these Branded sales because they are everywhere, any place with empty shop lots surely every 6 months they will have a "Fair" there.

what i don't understand is why so many people buy, because Original or Not, 90% of those clothings don't look good at all. Only the brands look good. And most of the time only XL or XS available.

i do believe some of these Branded Sales Tour are genuine. because most likely they won't just carry XL & XS if they were fakes. most likely old stocks/rejects.

btw, most people won't have the original to compare if they had rm800 to spend on a polo shirt. i mean who buys a rm800 polo shirt & still goes to these Branded Sales tour?

maybe TS.
C-Fu
post Oct 20 2016, 12:18 AM

Ninja-Fu
1,051 posts

no such thing as authentic warehouse sales in malaysia yo

(unless direct from distributor like melium)

all of these shops are running (not-so) high-quality copies from China.
SUSadvocado
post Oct 20 2016, 12:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(ed0gawa @ Oct 20 2016, 12:04 AM)
When something is too cheap, it is too good to be true.
All those blardi fair claims, old stock, reject stock, close down sales or certain oversea outlet bla bla bla....

Want wear branded then go original boutique and buy or fly oversea.

Can't afford above 2 option?
There is many other brand that you can afford, buy those. Don't burn your pocket trying to look rich...
i know where to get my stuffs from.

original but rejects with little defects plus cut out labels. 1/3 the original price. end up quality still better than some non-rejects of same brand because they aren't meant for cheap Malaysia market. Made in Malaysia somemore...
TSPitachu099
post Oct 20 2016, 12:26 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Oct 20 2016, 12:17 AM)
i've been to alot of these Branded sales because they are everywhere, any place with empty shop lots surely every 6 months they will have a "Fair" there.

what i don't understand is why so many people buy, because Original or Not, 90% of those clothings don't look good at all. Only the brands look good. And most of the time only XL or XS available.

i do believe some of these Branded Sales Tour are genuine. because most likely they won't just carry XL & XS if they were fakes. most likely old stocks/rejects.

btw, most people won't have the original to compare if they had rm800 to spend on a polo shirt. i mean who buys a rm800 polo shirt & still goes to these Branded Sales tour?

maybe TS.
HAHAH. Indeed, agree sad.gif

Learnt my lesson that if it's too good to be true, it is. Just want to remind others not to be so gullible like me, lol.

Personally I don't really splurge on designer shirts but I bought the Hackett one because my Dad wears that brand and I thought it would be nice to get one for him for "discounted" price (again too good to be true). sweat.gif
TSPitachu099
post Oct 20 2016, 12:29 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Oct 20 2016, 12:19 AM)
i know where to get my stuffs from.

original but rejects with little defects plus cut out labels. 1/3 the original price. end up quality still better than some non-rejects of same brand because they aren't meant for cheap Malaysia market. Made in Malaysia somemore...
Have you shopped at outlets like Mitsui or Johor Premium Outlet? Have not tried those kind of outlets but wonder how their product differ from boutique ones other than being out of season. Buying directly from boutique is the safest still hmm.gif
SUSadvocado
post Oct 20 2016, 12:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(Pitachu099 @ Oct 20 2016, 12:26 AM)
HAHAH. Indeed, agree sad.gif

Learnt my lesson that if it's too good to be true, it is. Just want to remind others not to be so gullible like me, lol.

Personally I don't really splurge on designer shirts but I bought the Hackett one because my Dad wears that brand and I thought it would be nice to get one for him for "discounted" price (again too good to be true).  sweat.gif
i'm not saying they are fakes.

i'm just sayin why people buy ugly clothes in Branded Sales just because they are Branded and relatively cheap compared to original price.

SUSadvocado
post Oct 20 2016, 12:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(Pitachu099 @ Oct 20 2016, 12:29 AM)
Have you shopped at outlets like Mitsui or Johor Premium Outlet? Have not tried those kind of outlets but wonder how their product differ from boutique ones other than being out of season. Buying directly from boutique is the safest still  hmm.gif
yes i have. it's opened by the same owner as those normal shops, at least for big brands.

they are cheap because:

1.Old Stock
2.Encourage buyer to drive there to shop.

They are not rejects or at least they don't sell them as rejects.

Not all are cheaper. Example Adidas & Nike, Adidas at Mitsui is typically 30% off original price, but if you wait Adidas Pavilion will also have 40% off certain models during sales. Nike KLCC or Midvalley sometimes clear out their old models cheaper than Mitsui or JPO. Then you have small shops that sometimes offer even cheaper price but much older stocks.

And buying in boutiques doesn't mean is 100% original. If the worker wants to cheat, they can swap out original perfumes with their bootleg ones when you pay at the counter. Sometimes, owner themselves want to cheat by mixing in fake products.

So in the end, use your judgment. Fakes can usually be spotted even if you never seen the originals. Unless it's AAA grade, but if it's an AAA Grade, TS wouldn't have spotted the difference himself.

End of story, compare the price with the product you holding, if the quality meets the price it's asking, buy it. Original or not, as long as you are satisfied & happy what is the problem? The problem is only when you buy it for it's brand.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:09 PM