Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lifestyle or Career Growth, what extend you will sacrifice for a job

views

TScalvinmax
post Oct 19 2016, 10:29 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
53 posts

To what extend you will sacrifice for a better future job?

Are u willing to sacrifice a pay cut of rm500 to 1k and other allowance?
Are u willing to sacrifice ur weekend and work until late night to work in big 4 firm?
Are u willing to jam to work?
Are you willing to forego your current flexibility in work for a more stressful but definitely a great future prospect job?

BrendonStar
post Oct 19 2016, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

If great job prospect means able to retire if I want to by 40 then yeah sure all of the above

But if it just means a bigger pay check with a grand job title but a lot more stress then no thanks

This post has been edited by BrendonStar: Oct 19 2016, 11:28 PM
adamhzm90
post Oct 20 2016, 01:08 AM

Regular
1,269 posts

do you need to open new thread for every thought that came into your mind?
BlurGuy1992
post Oct 20 2016, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

QUOTE(BrendonStar @ Oct 19 2016, 11:27 PM)
If great job prospect means able to retire if I want to by 40 then yeah sure all of the above

But if it just means a bigger pay check with a grand job title but a lot more stress then no thanks
yes... I do see my senior is going the "bigger pay check, grand job title, more stress" path....

which is not something I look forward too...should I look for other field?
I do doubt on my career path, whether it is really for me....
I do realize I am not those type of "compliance" guy...

so far I had great colleague, just that I am not sure if the job nature is what I really suited tho...
I am in accounting, audit line tho.
z21j
post Oct 21 2016, 08:08 PM

Regular
1,307 posts

QUOTE(BlurGuy1992 @ Oct 20 2016, 09:10 PM)
yes... I do see my senior is going the "bigger pay check, grand job title, more stress" path....

so far I had great colleague, just that I am not sure if the job nature is what I really suited tho...
If you are young, go for bugger pay check, grand job title and more stress path. Otherwise, when u have family commitment and you dont have enough $$, that is even more stress.
mr.thinkpad
post Oct 22 2016, 02:27 PM

Enrich Traveller
558 posts

QUOTE(calvinmax @ Oct 19 2016, 10:29 PM)
To what extend you will sacrifice for a better future job?

Are u willing to sacrifice a pay cut of rm500 to 1k and other allowance?
Are u willing to sacrifice ur weekend and work until late night to work in big 4 firm?
Are u willing to jam to work?
Are you willing to forego your current flexibility in work for a more stressful but definitely a great future prospect job?
go for stress free work and the money will come eventually
z21j
post Oct 23 2016, 04:48 PM

Regular
1,307 posts

QUOTE(mr.thinkpad @ Oct 22 2016, 02:27 PM)
Chinese saying - "wait luck come".
TScalvinmax
post Oct 24 2016, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(BlurGuy1992 @ Oct 20 2016, 09:10 PM)

Hi, are you in one of the big 4 firm? How was the life as an auditor? Really no work life balance? It is very stress? Does it worth? I need to undergo a pay cut to work more hours now. If you say I need to work more hours and I have higher compensation then is ok. But I have to undergo a pay cut and hence I am afraid that i got no motivation to do the job. Kindly advise
fcuk90
post Oct 24 2016, 11:29 PM

ef eg ek es
7,863 posts

QUOTE(calvinmax @ Oct 24 2016, 11:25 PM)
Hi, are you in one of the big 4 firm? How was the life as an auditor? Really no work life balance? It is very stress? Does it worth? I need to undergo a pay cut to work more hours now. If you say I need to work more hours and I have higher compensation then is ok. But I have to undergo a pay cut and hence I am afraid that i got no motivation to do the job. Kindly advise
year 1 audit associate wont have much stress, stress only kicks in when u reach senior level, IMO.

TScalvinmax
post Oct 24 2016, 11:30 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(mr.thinkpad @ Oct 22 2016, 02:27 PM)
I'm afraid of stressed free work got no job security. Cannot leant anything but at the same time I'm afraid of working too stress too.
TScalvinmax
post Oct 24 2016, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(z21j @ Oct 23 2016, 04:48 PM)
Chinese saying - "wait luck come".
How I wish too. What would happen if luck don't come. Haha
z21j
post Oct 25 2016, 07:26 AM

Regular
1,307 posts

Yes, quite demotivated to have pay cut. I came to australia with "pay cut" , having considered the net of tax effect, higher costs of living, car maintenance, parking fees etc... The only good things abt coming Aus with pay cut is lesser working hours (say 3 hours lesser in a day).

My advice to you is dont go for pay cut. If you are in mid or late 20's, work for more hour is ok if higher compensation.
BlurGuy1992
post Oct 25 2016, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

yes stress kick in when you deal with clients who is irresponsible and messy filling...
I work in SME accounting firm... one of the largest SME accounting firm in Malaysia with 11branch.. you try to guess then smile.gif

I not only do audit, but account, audit and tax...
basically is like the whole case you handle wholly...
and tbh small or big case is the same
Is the matter of your client filling and corporation..
ymd0509
post Oct 25 2016, 02:54 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(calvinmax @ Oct 24 2016, 11:30 PM)
I'm afraid of stressed free work got no job security. Cannot leant anything but at the same time I'm afraid of working too stress too.
I am in this situation now, kinda lost too..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:50 AM