Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Diets & Supplements Prob => Drinking protein + multi vits =Sore throat, Any solutions?

views

TSSimply_Ed
post Oct 18 2016, 05:20 PM, updated 8y ago

33 posts

Hi everyone, I've been supplementing my diet with protein powder and multi vits on and off for the past few years. I've always had the problem of protein being too heaty and contributing to a sore throat when I take more than a single serving a day. Does anyone else have this problem? In the mean time, I'm just trying to drink more water and take vitamin C supplements as well to hopefully balance it out but I can still feel it in my throat especially after not having drank enough water i.e. gulping down water every half an hour or so.

I'm looking for any other eating habits which can reduce this heatiness. So therefore just asking for some other solutions.

PS. The protein I'm taking is just unflavoured whey if that helps.

This post has been edited by Simply_Ed: Oct 19 2016, 05:04 AM
axtray
post Oct 18 2016, 06:41 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(Simply_Ed @ Oct 18 2016, 05:20 PM)
Hi everyone, I've been supplementing my diet with protein powder and multi vits on and off for the past few years. I've always had the problem of protein being too heaty and contributing to a sore throat when taken in excess. Does anyone else have this problem? In the mean time, I'm just trying to drink more water and take vitamin C supplements as well to hopefully balance it out but I can still feel it in my throat especially after not having drank enough water.

PS. The protein I'm taking is just unflavoured whey if that helps.
you clearly stated the issues there. don't tell me you still can't figure out what to do?

This post has been edited by axtray: Oct 18 2016, 06:43 PM
heavensea
post Oct 18 2016, 07:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(axtray @ Oct 18 2016, 06:41 PM)
you clearly stated the issues there. don't tell me you still can't figure out what to do?
lol ts kena shoot gao gao biggrin.gif

take portion accordingly, and drink 8 glasses of plain water no matter u are taking protein or not.
TSSimply_Ed
post Oct 19 2016, 04:48 AM

33 posts

I'll just clarify, excess just means 2 servings a day. It's a mistake on my part for not being clear enough but I personally don't think it's a lot. Hence, just wanted to know if there are any ways where I can sort of "neutralise" the effects of the protein being heaty by consuming something else. If the solution was so obvious in cutting back protein intake and improving water intake, I wouldn't have asked in a forum.

It's just that, since protein is taken very often as a supplement and I'm sure others have encountered similar issues. Just wanted to know what others do with regards to it.

This post has been edited by Simply_Ed: Oct 19 2016, 04:50 AM
TSSimply_Ed
post Oct 19 2016, 04:59 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Oct 18 2016, 12:35 PM)
lol ts kena shoot gao gao biggrin.gif

take portion accordingly, and drink 8 glasses of plain water no matter u are taking protein or not.
"Portion" is subjective isn't it? It's a rhetorical question so don't need to answer.

It' no problem being flamed if the previous poster gave a valid solution. What if cutting back protein wasn't a practical solution, i.e. busy schedule, looking for a convenient way to supplement some extra protein into my diet instead of more food and I was looking for a way to not get sick doing it? Drinking water would be one obvious solution which I've already stated doing when stating my problem. Anything else?
Miracles
post Oct 19 2016, 11:40 AM

★ Detective /K ★
1,171 posts

I never get sore throat but I did get heaty when I first started taking proteins.

I solve it by drinking lots of water.

Ez.

Not sure how much you drink per day. Go get a water tracker app to track how much you really drink.

p/s: I consume protein thrice per day. With no other supplements.
alkw89
post Oct 19 2016, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

I take 8 scoops of protein each day whether I am working out or not and I am fine lol... Perhaps it's the brand of protein that you are taking that is causing the issue. I have friends facing the same problem.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:32 AM