Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mercedes w204 Squeaking/knocking noise.., ..when turning left

views

TSriezzien
post Nov 4 2016, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

Sooooo managed to send the car to HSS.
Turns out the front left tie rod was not in good shape.
And they changed it without any question ask.
Handling feel like new again.

19 Degree South
post Nov 4 2016, 07:03 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Nov 4 2016, 05:54 PM)
Sooooo managed to send the car to HSS.
Turns out the front left tie rod was not in good shape.
And they changed it without any question ask.
Handling feel like new again.
Congrats! HSS never fail to render good service ! Tie rod damaged is uncommon in a mercs! My older days civic sO4 replaced this after 3 years! Did you clock high mileage ?
TSriezzien
post Nov 4 2016, 07:09 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

This car is 4 years old next 2 weeks with 85k km.
Yea I was searching the net if its a common problem for W204 but apparently its not.
Maybe just luck. Or maybe our road condition so sucky that made it kaput faster.
But now I wonder how much its cost to fix tie rod if theres no warranty.

Shud have asked the SA..dammit

mot88
post Nov 7 2016, 11:53 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Nov 4 2016, 07:09 PM)
This car is 4 years old next 2 weeks with 85k km.
Yea I was searching the net if its a common problem for W204 but apparently its not.
Maybe just luck. Or maybe our road condition so sucky that made it kaput faster.
But now I wonder how much its cost to fix tie rod if theres no warranty.

Shud have asked the SA..dammit
Thanks for sharing that it is indeed a tie rod problem. The tie rod is not that expensive, if OEM part is chosen. HSS will charge almost double the amount of what normal parts shop (eg: Suan Huat Corporation in SS2) http://www.suanhuat.my/branches/. This part shop is authorised stockist for MB (I m not a sales rep for this shop but sharing based on my experience with them)

I think they only changed the outer tie rod. normally this will wear out first. HSS will roughly charge you RM 320 (x2) [roughly 2 times of part shop] + RM 150 labour = roughly RM 700 - 800

Normally, CCB or HSS will charge 2x price is due to their warranty obligation to customer. For part shop usually no or minimal warranty unless it is obvious manufacturing defect which rarely for OEM or ori parts.

(Source: Pelicanparts.com) - this web usually I check before heading to local MB parts shop. The price at local parts close is close to what's offered in US.

Outer tie rod
Lemforder - Germany (OEM) - USD 49 ( ~RM 200)
Ori MB - USD 80 (~RM 320)

Inner tie rod
Lemforder -Germany (OEM) USD 44 (~RM 176)
Ori MB USD 80 (~320)
ongss
post Nov 8 2016, 12:06 AM

Casual
400 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Oct 18 2016, 05:52 PM)
Yeah i planned to.
Except that I couldn't find time to go to HSS as the nearest to me is the kinrara branch.
And warranty IINM is just a few weeks left lol.
work is killing me.
You call HSS kinrara branch, I think they can collect your car. Visit this page

http://www.hapseng.mercedes-benz.com.my/co...my-service.html

and click Door to Door folder for more details.
19 Degree South
post Nov 8 2016, 12:13 AM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(mot88 @ Nov 7 2016, 11:53 PM)
Thanks for sharing that it is indeed a tie rod problem. The tie rod is not that expensive, if OEM part is chosen. HSS will charge almost double the amount of what normal parts shop (eg: Suan Huat Corporation in SS2) http://www.suanhuat.my/branches/. This part shop is authorised stockist for MB (I m not a sales rep for this shop but sharing based on my experience with them)

I think they only changed the outer tie rod. normally this will wear out first. HSS will roughly charge you RM 320 (x2) [roughly 2 times of part shop] + RM 150 labour =  roughly RM 700 - 800

Normally, CCB or HSS will charge 2x price is due to their warranty obligation to customer. For part shop usually no or minimal warranty unless it is obvious manufacturing defect which rarely for OEM or ori parts.

(Source: Pelicanparts.com) - this web usually I check before heading to local MB parts shop. The price at local parts close is close to what's offered in US.

Outer tie rod
Lemforder - Germany (OEM)  - USD  49 ( ~RM 200)
Ori MB - USD 80 (~RM 320)

Inner tie rod
Lemforder -Germany (OEM) USD 44 (~RM 176)
Ori MB USD 80 (~320)
Doubt it's OEM P a r ts, should be ori! All warranty claims need to be approved by MBM ! If n doubt , can always call the MBM hotline and quote your reg plate numbers!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:50 AM