Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography The Official Nikon Discussion Thread Ver.26, is this the end of DSLR era?

views

ervinlew
post Jan 12 2018, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

i believe all the third party lens with AF will not perform as what nikkor does in AF.. cause they reverse engineer the auto focus mechanism to suite nikon body. or using the inbody autofocus definitely slower than having AF in the lens itself.
ervinlew
post Jan 22 2018, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(EXkurogane @ Jan 20 2018, 03:09 PM)
This one is highly dependent on luck i think. but newer models like Sigma ART and Tamron SP series do very well in Autofocus, better quality control.
My old non-ART lens was very accurate in AF despite lots of people warning about buying "lemon" units. When AF is inaccurate it was more of a user error based on my own experiences.

Some ori Nikon lens have AF issues also, the Nikon 28mm 1.8G is notorious for focus breathing. It doesnt fetch much in resale value for that reason.
Yeap i agree on the latest ART series or the G2 Tamron is consider par with Nikon lens on the autofocus but for me 28mm is not wide enough.. for group photo or landscape. 24mm perhaps will get better resale value ? tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:23 PM