Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to decide the type of CCTV you need?, Security System - CCTV

views

adamw
post Aug 30 2021, 05:34 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
2,674 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Aug 30 2021, 05:33 PM)
Understood. But of course the price difference btw original Tuya and TP/Xiaomi is pretty far off. Anyway, Thanks a lot for your input.  thumbup.gif
Tuya is very cheap also.
k town shit
post Aug 31 2021, 09:40 AM

On my way
694 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Aug 30 2021, 07:09 AM)
For a smart gadget to call a hp upon a detection, it need a call module ... a connected land line or a sim card slot....similar to an alarm system.

It quite sometime I havent being following every cctv tech since my last installation more than 10 years ago ....maybe there is one in the market now.
I mean I can receive any call from the App until I dismiss it. Not necessarily via SIM card.
It can be via any notification in the App.
The reason I'm looking for such dismiss type of notification is that I'm afraid I oversleep.
mini orchard
post Aug 31 2021, 10:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,336 posts

QUOTE(k town shit @ Aug 31 2021, 09:40 AM)
I mean I can receive any call from the App until I dismiss it. Not necessarily via SIM card.
It can be via any notification in the App.
The reason I'm looking for such dismiss type of notification is that I'm afraid I oversleep.
Yes ... then it is available .... some forumers suggest Tuya camera which is ALL in 1.

I have an old cctv system. I install a separate Tuya motion sensor, which I will receive notifications via the app. Then I wii check my cctv app. A minor inconvenience as I dont see a reason to change an old working cctv system.
idealhometech
post Aug 31 2021, 10:19 AM

NCS
858 posts

QUOTE(k town shit @ Aug 29 2021, 10:59 PM)
Any Smart Home camera that will call my Phone when there is suspicious motion detected?
HIKVISION Hik-connect can do it, u can set the notification to a Siren sound that last 30s.
If u match with AcuSense series DVR or IPCamera, the Ai can do human/vehicle detection, accuracy up to 95%.

DAHUA DMSS also can, u just need to change it's notification sound to other ringtone.
DAHUA also got Ai series which call WizSense.

Both company also got Camera with built-in Siren and Warning Light. U can arm/disarm it via App.

k town shit
post Aug 31 2021, 12:54 PM

On my way
694 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Aug 31 2021, 09:11 AM)
Yes ... then it is available .... some forumers suggest Tuya camera which is ALL in 1.

I have an old cctv system. I install a separate Tuya motion sensor, which I will receive notifications via the app. Then I wii check my cctv app. A minor inconvenience as I dont see a reason to change an old working cctv system.
Thanks man, could you please recommend where can I buy the Tuya Motion Sensor and Camera?
mini orchard
post Aug 31 2021, 01:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,336 posts

QUOTE(k town shit @ Aug 31 2021, 12:54 PM)
Thanks man, could you please recommend where can I buy the Tuya Motion Sensor and Camera?
Shopee and Lazada should have.
d3ck
post Aug 31 2021, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Hi.

I'm planning to DIY CCTV for my house. Plan setup would be

2 x Outside (Under roof)
3 x Inside

Currently looking at below model
EZVIZ C6CN for inside the house & EZVIZ C3WN for outside the house.
Prefer WiFi camera for less messy cable setup. Power outlets will be done by my brother so no issue about that. Any other better/cheaper model? Or is it better to get wired solutions?

Thanks
idealhometech
post Aug 31 2021, 02:45 PM

NCS
858 posts

QUOTE(d3ck @ Aug 31 2021, 01:57 PM)
Hi.

2 x Outside (Under roof)
3 x Inside

Prefer WiFi camera for less messy cable setup. Power outlets will be done by my brother so no issue about that. Any other better/cheaper model? Or is it better to get wired solutions?

Thanks
U can survey IMOU too, they hv outdoor and indoor camera, also got wifi recorder.
They hv offical store at shopee, either imou_malaysia or imou_china.

mini orchard
post Aug 31 2021, 02:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,336 posts

QUOTE(d3ck @ Aug 31 2021, 01:57 PM)
Hi.

2 x Outside (Under roof)
3 x Inside

Thanks
Is up to you on which system.

If you like to fiddle with gadgets, then wireless.

On the other hand, if you just want it to work after installation without much trouble shooting, then wired....plug and play. But wired comes in set of 4, 8, 12 ...... So either your buy 4 and leave out 1 or buy 8 and leave out 3.

There are other pro and con which you can read in the net.
d3ck
post Aug 31 2021, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Aug 31 2021, 02:56 PM)
Is up to you on which system.

If you like to fiddle with gadgets, then wireless.

On the other hand, if you just want it to work after installation without much trouble shooting, then wired....plug and play. But wired comes in set of 4, 8, 12 ......  So either your buy 4 and leave out 1 or buy 8 and leave out 3.

There are other pro and con which you can read in the net.
Thanks. If wired I'm looking at 5MP Colorvu from Hikvision. Is this the best bang for the buck in the market or is there any available brand?
idealhometech
post Aug 31 2021, 05:38 PM

NCS
858 posts

QUOTE(d3ck @ Aug 31 2021, 04:28 PM)
Thanks. If wired I'm looking at 5MP Colorvu from Hikvision. Is this the best bang for the buck in the market or is there any available brand?
ColorVu the best.
adamw
post Aug 31 2021, 09:21 PM

2,674 posts

QUOTE(d3ck @ Aug 31 2021, 04:28 PM)
HIKVISION mobile app sucks. I think if you read through the previous post one user already regretted buying HIK. For me currently UNIVIEW mobile app is the best but this is only my personal opinion. brows.gif
si perfeck!
post Sep 15 2021, 01:34 PM

Casual
326 posts

Anyone use tplink vigi system? I guess it is still new, not much review on the net.

For the nvr, if i use 1000ft @ 300meters rj45 cat6 (poe) cable to connect the nvr and cctv, should be okay right? I means the cctv will function normally and recorded clearly? Or the quality will drop as the poe cable is too long?

Plan to use tplink vigi or hikvision nvr system at my site. Any other nvr system which is worth to try?
adamw
post Sep 15 2021, 02:01 PM

2,674 posts

QUOTE(si perfeck! @ Sep 15 2021, 01:34 PM)
Anyone use tplink vigi system? I guess it is still new, not much review on the net.

For the nvr, if i use 1000ft @ 300meters rj45 cat6 (poe) cable to connect the nvr and cctv, should be okay right? I means the cctv will function normally and recorded clearly? Or the quality will drop as the poe cable is too long?

Plan to use tplink vigi or hikvision nvr system at my site. Any other nvr system which is worth to try?
I would not recommend TPlink at all for professional used as it's safer to used the top 3 brands. And if mobile view is important you can consider Uniview. Btw, unless you used extended POE, normally maximum length recommended is only 100m.

This post has been edited by adamw: Sep 15 2021, 02:03 PM
VWXYZ
post Sep 20 2021, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

looking for 8ch NVR for my onvif capable camera. any suggestion?
Anyone can tell me how to differentiate between entry level / mid / high end NVR...in term of specs

adamw
post Sep 20 2021, 03:26 PM

2,674 posts

QUOTE(VWXYZ @ Sep 20 2021, 10:50 AM)
looking for 8ch NVR for my onvif capable camera. any suggestion?
Anyone can tell me how to differentiate between entry level / mid / high end NVR...in term of specs
What brand/specification is your Onvif camera?
the_perfume
post Sep 20 2021, 06:31 PM

22 posts

Care to suggest any place to get the best deal to buy cctv? I wanna buy cctv set.

Looking at shopee and lazada now. That’s the best deal i can get? I notice hikvision is more expensive than dahua. Cannot find any unv seller on shopee / lazada. Reolink set is also expensive.

Which apps is easy to use, and which brand is easier to setup the whole cctv set between hikv and dahua? First time here

By the way, for dvr need 2 cables right? And nvr only need network cable? All just plug and play?
VWXYZ
post Sep 20 2021, 07:59 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(adamw @ Sep 20 2021, 03:26 PM)
What brand/specification is your Onvif camera?
just old 720p vstarcam.
probably will add 2-3 1080 ip cam.
the_perfume
post Sep 20 2021, 11:48 PM

22 posts

Which one is bang buck for money between this 3. Need to buy soon

1.Reolink

2. Dahua

3. Hikvision

Vehicle alert on reolink should be a bonus. But thats the most expensive set between this 3

52 Pages « < 50 51 52Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th September 2021 - 03:15 PM