Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Java "Web Start" sucking my memory and hang my pc

views

SUSMatrix
post Oct 14 2016, 03:43 PM, updated 8y ago

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

Recently i have this problem. My PC will after boot up, when opened Youtube to watch video, memory usage keeps increasing until 16GB RAM all full and it will lag and freeze.

I discovered it's this "Java Web Start" keeps creating multiple process in the memory until it all sucked up. Each process is actually very small, but there's tons of it and it keeps increasing.

After i tried uninstalling Java, it's ok and back to normal.

What causes this? I need the Java for some app......

rclxub.gif

I have scanned with my Symantec Internet Security but found nothing.
abubin
post Oct 14 2016, 03:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

install the latest version of java but set the security to very high. make sure to also clear the allow list. Then only java apps with proper SSL cert can run. From there, you can slowly only allow certain software to run. Then hopefully you can find out who is the culprit problem causing the problem.
SUSMatrix
post Oct 14 2016, 03:59 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Oct 14 2016, 03:54 PM)
install the latest version of java but set the security to very high. make sure to also clear the allow list. Then only java apps with proper SSL cert can run. From there, you can slowly only allow certain software to run. Then hopefully you can find out who is the culprit problem causing the problem.
Everytime I watch YouTube, after a minute or so, the memory spamming starts......so YouTube kacau, how to resolve? I tried using different browser also same.
stephen.alvin
post Nov 16 2016, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

wat java did u install 32 or 64? Uninstall your java and install new java. Make sure there are no older java available. U can checked under add remove program.
SUSMatrix
post Nov 16 2016, 11:41 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(stephen.alvin @ Nov 16 2016, 11:30 AM)
wat java did u install 32 or 64? Uninstall your java and install new java. Make sure there are no older java available. U can checked under add remove program.
The problem was solved a while back i think. I think i uninstall a lots of stuff including Java. Yeah, probably Java causes it.

Really tulan with Java. If not some stuff requires it, will have removed it from my PC! vmad.gif
SUSMatrix
post Nov 16 2016, 11:41 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(stephen.alvin @ Nov 16 2016, 11:30 AM)
The problem was solved a while back i think. I think i uninstall a lots of stuff including Java. Yeah, probably Java causes it.

Really tulan with Java. If not some stuff requires it, will have removed it from my PC! vmad.gif
stephen.alvin
post Nov 16 2016, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

U can disable the java auto update so that it wont take up your notebook resources upon startup. If u need to update can straight download offline java frm java web. It's safer that way.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:23 PM